[HK MOVIE 1999] 星願 성원 FLY ME TO POLARIS

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

CECILIA CHEUNG, RICHIE REN
flyme2polaris.jpg

flyme2polarisxingyuan.jpg

Fly Me To Polaris 星願~あなたにもういちど~ 성원 跟你說再見 (1999)

Starring: Richie Ren, Cecilia Cheung, William So, Eric Tsang

Director: Jingle Ma

Genre: Romance, Melodrama

Runtime: 95mins

Production: Golden Harvest

Distribution: Golden Harvest

Language: Cantonese, Mandarin

A touching story about how a young man (Onion), blind and dumb had fallen in love with a nurse (Autumn) before he is killed in a car accident. He returns to earth, with the appearance of a different person, to find his love interest but is rejected by the latter. When she finally realises that Onion is back, he was due to fly back to Polaris–a place where human beings go to after their deaths on earth.

The memory of their times together will be a driving force for the rest of Autumn's life to always look forward and upwards, as he has taught her that love and good things always find ways to creep into one's life when one is not greedy and least expects them. The lovers hug and kiss for the last time. With teary eyes, Onion flies away.

A young man, blind and dumb, works as an audio tape typist in a hospital and fostering a tender and sincere relationship with a beautiful but introverted nurse. When hit by a car, he is the sixty billionth human being to die on earth, and is on transit to Polaris, en route to a yet more sophisticated form of existence in Vega. Given a reprieve of five days and a chance to be reunited with his love on earth, he cannot reveal his true identity behind the temporary facade he must present to her. Both boy and girl eventually learn, through a tangle of difficult and miraculous events, how love and good things always find ways of creeping into people's lives when people are not greedy and least expect these blessings.

flyme2polariscc.jpg

SOURCE : 星願~あなたにもういちど~ 성원

星願~あなたにもういちど~ 성원

星願~あなたにもういちど~ 성원

星願~あなたにもういちど~ 성원

星願~あなたにもういちど~ 성원

星願~あなたにもういちど~ 성원

Japanese Version [Night Of The Shooting Stars / 星に願いを Hoshi Ni Negai Wo 跟你說再見 2003] (Takeuchi Yuko & Yoshizawa Yuu) :rolleyes::phew:

hoshininegaiwo.jpg

Shogo is left blind and mute from an accident but he is able to live a fruitful life as a composer. He receives ongoing therapy from the hospital where nurse Kana works. Just when their relationship is about to blossom into romance, tragedy strikes when Shogo is killed in a car accident. At the moment of Shogo's death, a shooting star falls and gives him the chance to live again for four more days. But he is unrecognizable to his friend and forbidden to reveal his true identity. Shogo decides to express his feelings of affection to Kana...

Working long hours in the emergency room, nurse Kana Aoshima befriends musician and frequent hospital patient Shogo Amami. Shogo's therapy visits for his muteness and blindness happen to frequently coincide with Kana's shift, which enables the nurse to get to know the handsome artist well enough to start falling in love with him. Fate intercedes, however, when Shogo is killed after being hit by a car -- a development that utterly crushes Kana's will to live. Shogo's spirit is transported to heaven, where it is given the chance to return to Earth to assist Kana through her grieving and to renew her sense of faith in the world -- with the only caveat being he cannot reveal his identity to Kana.

hoshininegaiwoty.jpg

SOURCE : 星願~星に願いを 성원

星願~星に願いを 성원

星願~星に願いを 성원

星願~星に願いを 성원

星願~星に願いを 성원

Guest novemberbaby

I think this is one of the saddest HK movies ever.

It kind of made me think about people who are mute and what they're thinking inside. Onion's character made me cry, because he was such a good saxophone player and did his best to make everyone happy, but he ended up dying.

Guest dreamsicle

Cecilia was brilliant in this movie. I only watched it for her because the story and the script were not all that impressive, neither was Richie Ren. I miss her "good days"

• 2 months later...
Guest precious4e

this is the weirdest thing.

I just watched this movie again for like the 20th time last night and I was thinking if there was a thread for this movie on soompi.Then I hop on and there it is right in the first few pages!

I really want the movie version of the song Cecilia sings. With that guy singing in the intro.

• 3 months later...
Guest LycheeTea

I would recommend this movie, its really touching.

Its memorable, because not alot of HK movies are in this genre.

This movie really captured people's emotions.

The cast in it did a fine job.

Guest witchyangelkk

Yeah... i love this movie sooo much... ^^

Soo happy that there was a thread for it.. considering its such an old movie =P

I was sooooo upset when Richie had to go back to Polaris though..... JUST when she realises hu he is O___O

Im gonna watch it again now =D

Archived