[Drama 2013] Goddess of Marriage 결혼의 여신

Guest jobogae

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@gemmie and @akikisetsu thanks for the post guys.  >:D<  >:D

i love their chemistry. can't wait for the next episode.

and for the girl to say sarangeoo that's probably a rare thing in kdrama history.

currently nam sang mi is trending NO 1 on Nate.

Guest jdkk09

This is really an interesting drama.  The title "Goddess of Marriage" , when you considered the definition of "goddess", some definitions are : a female being believed to be the source of life; a woman who is adored or idealized esp. by a man; an idol.  So IMO, this drama characterizes the 4 main women's view of marriage.  Their perceptions, fantasies, beliefs, ideals, standards etc for marriage.  So what we are watching is how each of these women arrived at their current situations.  That's the reason's for the use of all the flashbacks.  It tells the way the got to the point they are.  I think the use of close-ups of the hands and eyes are to give us insight into the characters thinking.  
When HW's mom described him as like his father, indecisive and shy...he didn't appear that way on Jejudo when he met JH. If anything he was the opposite. He pursued her, inviting himself along on her travels.  And when they were at the B&B that night, he didn't hesitate at all when she wanted him.  
JH sighs alot when she's with TW.  That's all she seems to do is sigh.  While TW is so much like the environment he grew up in.  He father physically abuses his wife and children, as well as verbally abuses them.  So it's no wonder he's controlling.  He's set his sight on a target (JH) and he's locked on.  He will never give up.  I can't get where JH is coming from especially since she's described herself as hating men and having no faith in them.  Yet she loves her father.  So I wonder where that distrust comes from.  
The drama is also exploring the glass ceiling women come up against in corporate offices.  That's why the husband told his wife she had to play by the rules and kiss up.  And when she did she got promoted.  Even the boss when he promoted her, even if she didn't want to, if she wanted to get ahead that was the way to go.  
Where's the oldest son in TW's family?  We met the wife when she ran into the 2nd DIL at the art gallery and when she had the confrontation with the EMIL.  
The cheater husband's contempt for his wife is hard to watch.  And her pandering to him is painful to see.  
I'm looking forward to the next episode.  I've enjoyed all of your comments and the pictures.  

I am thinking that she was saying that SexyArchitectWithKillerBody was a very good kisser hence he is a "kissing machine".  WishyWashyHeroine is somewhat living up to her name though, it has it be said.  So we have a third brother somewhere in play - obviously we've met his ex-wife but where is the brother?

It was weird not seeing you on the forum especially with all the yummy pics Gemmie posted of LSW lol  Agreed, that freakin' kiss was CHEESY beyond words. They (LSW and  NSM) were so into it too and stupid PD-mi decided to do a far range shot on it  :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :((

I've been chased by the deadline :D

The page is richard simmons a bit up so I can't make out who wrote the following.
"The cheater husband's contempt for his wife is hard to watch.  And her pandering to him is painful to see."

I agree I don't like the husband either just as I don't like JH but one thing is for sure they are both cheating for the same reason which is why I think people cursing the husband to death while defending - not saying you have done this - JH are very hypocritical. The husband - just like JH - is doing this because his wife is suffocating him just like how JH describe her time with TW. It was evident in episode 3 when he was eating and leaving for work that the wife was really getting on his nerve by the way she was treating him as a child and embarrassing him.I love the wife though because she's so sweet, honest and kind-hearted and I hope they will not change her personality because her husband is cheating on her because even though he has his own 'reason' - just like JH - then he is the one ultimately - again just like JH - doing the cheating and is in the wrong which is why I would find it stupid to have the wife change when all she's doing is being true to her personality and a good person. If the wife decides to have a divorce then I still want her to stay the same until the end even after the divorce. I hope she realizes the husband is not worth it without her changing.I love the wife the most of all the characters but I can understand why someone might get annoyed and irritated of living with her for a long time - personally I think she'd put a smile on my face each and everyday though - but that does not change the fact that even though the husband and JH has their so called reason (for a divorce or break-up) then they are both the ones in the wrong for cheating. I just have to make clear that I don't think any of their so called reasons are excuses for cheating - they can be reasons for wanting a divorce or a break-up but not cheating. I think people cheating are weak and cowardly people who does not have the decency to take responsibility for their own situation and actions. If one does not enjoy the company of ones partner anymore one should get a divorce or break-up (for REAL and not get back together right after the return from a 'no-contact vacation') and then go about to do whatever one wishes to do - if one can't accept these responsibilities one should just accept the situation and stay without cheating.  
@bluedora.To add on, I think JH is looking for someone/something to fall back on cause she doesn't have the courage to accept/face the consequence of the outcome nor will she be able to accept the pain this is going to cause those around her or involved regardless of her decision. She is seeking for reliance and support and doesn't want to deal with this alone.

If you can't face the consequences of your own actions then don't do it in the first place and if you do then you should be ready to take what is coming. The way JH is acting is just cowardly and is not any better than TW not able to stand up against his own mother.

Guest Gemmie

@ja5berh - You were looking at the wrong part of his body. Forget those arms, my eyes were glued to his chest. LTI was so lucky in DH, she got to put her head on his chest so many times. :\">

@bluedora - LOL for real, that host was such a perve! Totally understandable though coz I would do the same too (if not more) if I was him. >:)

I also noticed LSW and NSM's clothes are very well matched. They look very compatible. Me like!! :-bd

KJH is funny. His exaggerated singing was so hilarious that I couldn't stop laughing. =))

Gemmie said: @ja5berh - You were looking at the wrong part of his body. Forget those arms, my eyes were glued to his chest. LTI was so lucky in DH, she got to put her head on his chest so many times. :\">

@bluedora - LOL for real, that host was such a perve! Totally understandable though coz I would do the same too (if not more) if I was him. >:)

I also noticed LSW and NSM's clothes are very well matched. They look very compatible. Me like!! :-bd

KJH is funny. His exaggerated singing was so hilarious that I couldn't stop laughing. =))

Archived