[Drama 2013] Goddess of Marriage 결혼의 여신

Guest jobogae

akikisetsu said: I'm not married yet, but I have this notion that marriage is all about compromise, on both parties.  But why is it that in GOM for a marriage to work the women needs to debase themselves and cater solely to the needs of the men and their families.  The male parties' needs and wants takes precedence over everything and everyone else.  Every female characters (HJ, JH, EH, SK and even her mom) except for JS and MJ are/have sacrificing/sacrificed their identity for the marriage to work.  And I thought GOM is gonna be a modern drama portraying modern conflicts and solutions, but I guess I was WRONG.  And the writer is a female.  WOW!!!!!!

=D>        [-(

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even know TW seems to be the one with greater devotion, I would totally choose HW
It doesnt matter how far HW is from JH, he understands her, when she got her job back in the station, he was the only one that realized that, when she stopped again, he asked her what was going on. HW knows JH in a much deeper level than TW, and this is not only TW's fault. JH was never really opened to him. I think in ep 28 TW said that he never felt Jh was complete with him, at thats is true. She was never 100% herself with him, but she met HW and in 3 days she really showed a lot more than the years she spent with TW.Besides of that even I am tired of TW's words. it is a lot easier to say than to do. TW is all good with words but not with actions. To say I will help you or I will make things work is easy. I would prefer a guy that can understand me even when I dont need to say it out loud, than a guy that promises everything and never does anything.

Guest SexyDolceVita

Even know TW seems to be the one with greater devotion, I would totally choose HW

It doesnt matter how far HW is from JH, he understands her, when she got her job back in the station, he was the only one that realized that, when she stopped again, he asked her what was going on. HW knows JH in a much deeper level than TW, and this is not only TW's fault. JH was never really opened to him. I think in ep 28 TW said that he never felt Jh was complete with him, at thats is true. She was never 100% herself with him, but she met HW and in 3 days she really showed a lot more than the years she spent with TW.Besides of that even I am tired of TW's words. it is a lot easier to say than to do. TW is all good with words but not with actions. To say I will help you or I will make things work is easy. I would prefer a guy that can understand me even when I dont need to say it out loud, than a guy that promises everything and never does anything.

True that... :)

Thaila said: Even know TW seems to be the one with greater devotion, I would totally choose HW

@sexydolcevita  re: your possible scenario of gom,  how can jh ask tw to help hw when the former is not in charge of the case,  remember, tw's brod is also involved in this and for propriety he is not given cases where members  his family/or his family's companies are involved.  pls note that the prosecutor in charge even directed the arrest of hw.  i think i am one of the few who is not a fan of lee sang woo.  his acting is so wooden compared to kim ji ho.  even in the looks department and screen presence, kim ji ho has the upperhand. i'm sorry for saying this both sang sami and lee sang woo have  blackened gums which i find distracting to look at. i would say that he should stop moping and really move on. nobody to blame except he himself because he chose not to pursue jh.  he is a victim of his own choice .  he kept on moping and brooding he didn't notice his partner did illegal things right under his nose. well, he can't blame what happened to their firm to hw.as for hj, this woman has no honor and dignity.  after all the accusations she hurled,  she came back to the old house because she cannot say no to her father in law's offer to become vice president of the conglomerate. to hj,  money talks more than anything else.

Its been weeks after weeks of roller-coaster rides in GOM that i felt my blood is going up...its abt time to take a break from all the excitement & tension....will be going off to somewhere remote that may not have PC & wifi... when I come back next week i hope there's something to make me smile esp from jh & hw...

Guest SexyDolceVita

@sexydolcevita  re: your possible scenario of gom' date='  how can jh ask tw to help hw when the former is not in charge of the case,  remember, tw's brod is also involved in this and for propriety he is not given cases where members  his family/or his family's companies are involved.  pls note that the prosecutor in charge even directed the arrest of hw.  i think i am one of the few who is not a fan of lee sang woo.  his acting is so wooden compared to kim ji ho.  even in the looks department and screen presence, kim ji ho has the upperhand. i'm sorry for saying this both sang sami and lee sang woo have  blackened gums which i find distracting to look at. i would say that he should stop moping and really move on. nobody to blame except he himself because he chose not to pursue jh.  he is a victim of his own choice .  he kept on moping and brooding he didn't notice his partner did illegal things right under his nose. well, he can't blame what happened to their firm to hw.as for hj, this woman has no honor and dignity.  after all the accusations she hurled,  she came back to the old house because she cannot say no to her father in law's offer to become vice president of the conglomerate. to hj,  money talks more than anything else.[/quote']

Of course tw is not in charge of the case because he is related to taejin, we know all along arrogant prosecutor is in charge.

What jh could mean if she asks tw for help is that tw could help to find the real culprits of the case and clear hw's name...

Which i am afraid to say asking tw to persuade his brother tj to surrender himself....

Jh is thinking tw and fil are on tj's side to help tj cover up his white collar crimes...so she kinda blames tw for hw's arrest...

That is my point of view but i can understand where you are coming from too...

Hahaha as for the other points you have made, i must say i respect your candidness...

What happened at the firm is his partner's fault.  HW did not want anything to do with the start up or completion of the project.  HW knew when he visited the sight his partner was using shady stuff.  That's when HW said he did not want any part of the project.  SK also warned HW about the project.  So who gets put in the jail - HW. 

So this whole weekend episodes 29/30 hopefully is done.  So hopefully we can really get on with the closure of this drama.  Ms. Writer better not start anymore "evil" stuff.

Guest haodinh thi

[News] Goddess of Marriage Episode 30 Review: Kim Ji Hoon Tells Nam Sang Mi “I Die without You”

http://www.dkdrama.com/2013/10/news-goddess-of-marriage-episode-30.html

[News] Goddess of Marriage Episode 30 Review: Jang Hyun Sung Asks Jang Young Nam for Forgiveness

http://www.dkdrama.com/2013/10/news-goddess-of-marriage-episode-30_7.html

[News] Goddess of Marriage Episode 30 Review: Baek Il Sub Begs Nam Sang Mi Not to Get Divorced

http://www.dkdrama.com/2013/10/news-goddess-of-marriage-episode-30_6956.html

Guest SexyDolceVita

What i can imagine is....

The press will be there to take photos of sa kwang group's ceo's grandson's wedding.

The fact that sin young group's third daughter in law is the aunt of the bride will be one of the headlines.

Tw and ji hye will attend the wedding and they will be hounded by the press.

Tw is used to the attention but ji hye just hates it.

But tw will protect ji hye from the press like what a man should do....

During the wedding ceremony, when minjung and ye sol are saying their vows, tw will reach for and hold jh's hand to subtlely remind jh about their wedding vows. Jh will look at tw and falls into a pensive mood. When the ceremony is over, jh will retract her hand from tw's clasp and applause along with other guests... Tw will follow suit too but senses jh is still rather cold towards him, so his heart sinks again.

After the wedding, tw tells jh he will fetch her home the next day. Jh tries to convince tw she really doesnt want to go back with him but tw brings out her father as his usual weapon and says does she really want to see her father get depressed over them getting a divorce? Jh is speechless but has no idea how to solve her issues with kang family.

Jh's father insists on jh returning to kang family. Being the dutiful daughter that she is, ji hye reluctantly goes back with tw with a heavy heart.

Upon seeing jh's crestfallen expression when she is leaving, ji sun tells ji hye to call her if she is having problems at kang family again. Ji sun reminds tw to take good care of jh and not let her get bullied by his family, esp. his mom again. Tw says he will but ji hye knows within her heart, tw is as helpless as she is.

Jh's father reminds ji hye not to give up easily on her marriage and to try her best to iron out her differences with tw and his family. Ji hye nods her head obediently and says she will try her best but also adds a sentence, she doesnt know how long she can tolerate though. Her dad tells her off and says dont think so much, just try her best and everything will be okay. Ji hye sighs with a heavy heart and enters tw's car.

During the car ride home, jh is feeling her heart pumping as she is nervous about facing evil mil since their awful hospital encounter. She is nearly in tears...

Tw observes how anxious jh is...so he holds her hand but as usual, ji hye brushes his hand away, telling him to focus on driving her back to hell.

Tw sighs and says he will protect her.

Ji hye just looks out of the car window on her right and stays silent.

For episode 30, some of my guesses are correct!

i made the guesses on 3rd October 2013, way before i watched episode 29 or the preview of episode 30!

For the wedding scene of ye sol and min jung, i was spot on on the part where tw will reach for jh's hand and hold it...during the wedding vows ceremony.

jh will look at tw and she doesnt brush his hand off hers and she looks back at ye sol and min jung.

The saying goodbye scene to ji sun and father was a little similar but with lesser dialogues...

Jh feeling her heart pumping when she sees cold castle during the car ride...

And the most uncanny guess....tw tries to comfort jh by holding her left hand in the car but jh brushes his hand off and tells him to focus on driving...

So...i did guess some parts of episode 30 correctly...

Hope i will be able to guess some parts of the ending correctly too!

I don't know about you guys, but I can't stand kdramas obsession with saving Every Single Marriage no matter how toxic and destructive it is, sometimes even with magical solutions (like changing someone's personality and stuff like that) or deus ex machina.Also, I'd like to see a kdrama in which the wife is the a***hole, and cheats on the husband and treats him like crap, and see if they'd still go with 'stick to this marriage no matter what' bs.

joojanah said: I don't know about you guys, but I can't stand kdramas obsession with saving Every Single Marriage no matter how toxic and destructive it is, sometimes even with magical solutions (like changing someone's personality and stuff like that) or deus ex machina.Also, I'd like to see a kdrama in which the wife is the a***hole, and cheats on the husband and treats him like crap, and see if they'd still go with 'stick to this marriage no matter what' bs.

SexyDolceVita said:

Auntie Mame

wrote:

»

SexyDolceVita said:  "Jh should also say, "after three years you dont need to prepare divorce

papers, just send offerings to my grave will do..."

I won't say this because then, you can be accused of backtalking, just as claimed by both MIL's.  Then, the argument will detour to you being rude, ill-mannered, disrespectful, etc.  And, if this had been a debate, you would have given your opponent ammunition with which to attack your side of the story.

Whereas the question of will she be alive in 3 years may be a simple question, it is also an impossible question to answer.  But, the most important thing that the question accomplishes is not to elicit an answer, but to give the one, who is being asked the question, a lot to think about. 

:-<

There are many ways to win an argument.  The least effective is to do the 'you're wrong, I'm right' communications.  The 2nd least effective is to try and convince the other party that you're right by explaining and trying to get them to understand your point(s). 

People being people.  They only like to believe and are comfortable with the conclusions at which that they, themselves, arrive.  So, the most effective way to win an argument is not to argue, but just make a statement and/or question which will lead the other party to arrive at the same conclusion as you. 

:P

Guest SexyDolceVita

Some questions to be answered in the next six episodes...

Will jh contact sk to tell sk she knows tw and fil are covering tj's white collar crimes, so this info can help hw?

Will hj help jh to save hyun woo?

Or will hj not do anything to make sure sin young group is not affected.

Will jh beg tw not to frame hw with his father and brother?

How will tw react to the news of hyun woo's arrest?

If jh begs tw, how will he react to that?

Will jh run away and go into hiding?

What happens to mil and nam mi ra?

Guest kimnaysheh

lauren2b2

said: @sexydolcevita  re: your possible scenario of gom,  how can jh ask tw to help hw when the former is not in charge of the case,  remember, tw's brod is also involved in this and for propriety he is not given cases where members  his family/or his family's companies are involved.  pls note that the prosecutor in charge even directed the arrest of hw.  i think i am one of the few who is not a fan of lee sang woo.  his acting is so wooden compared to kim ji ho.  even in the looks department and screen presence, kim ji ho has the upperhand. i'm sorry for saying this both sang sami and lee sang woo have  blackened gums which i find distracting to look at. i would say that he should stop moping and really move on. nobody to blame except he himself because he chose not to pursue jh.  he is a victim of his own choice .  he kept on moping and brooding he didn't notice his partner did illegal things right under his nose. well, he can't blame what happened to their firm to hw.as for hj, this woman has no honor and dignity.  after all the accusations she hurled,  she came back to the old house because she cannot say no to her father in law's offer to become vice president of the conglomerate. to hj,  money talks more than anything else.

Guest SexyDolceVita

Btw... wonder if anyone notices the same weird bizarre loophole in episode 30 as me?

Where is ji hye and ji sun's dad during ye sol and min jung's wedding ceremony?

I mean didnt he come up to seoul to attend mj's wedding...but we didnt see the sight of him at all in that scene?

What a strange loophole no?

I can't see JH contacting SK or SK contacting JH at all. I also don't see JH begging TW to help HW - she's not aware of all the details surrounding the money laundering scheme. She doesn't know anything about TJ and evil MIL doing that, she doesn't know about HJ's brother being set up, she doesn't know about Nam Mi Ra...
TW knows (I think) but if his father tells him to just let it go, he will. He won't try to save HW. And I'm guessing he will refuse to even discuss it with JH. 
I have no idea what HJ is up to but I don't think she even knows who HW is. It's up in the air at this point if she's still scheming to bring TJ, MIL and FIL down or if she'll try to save the family company. I thought maybe FIL was setting HER up to take the fall? Maybe that's why he brought her back into the company? 
I just want evil MIL in jail. =))

Auntie Mame said: joojanah said: I don't know about you guys, but I can't stand kdramas obsession with saving Every Single Marriage no matter how toxic and destructive it is, sometimes even with magical solutions (like changing someone's personality and stuff like that) or deus ex machina.Also, I'd like to see a kdrama in which the wife is the a***hole, and cheats on the husband and treats him like crap, and see if they'd still go with 'stick to this marriage no matter what' bs.

Archived