[Drama 2013] Goddess of Marriage 결혼의 여신

Guest jobogae

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lesson:  How to communicate in a given situation.

The Situation:  The conversation between JH and her father.

When her father asked her why she wanted to divorce TW, she should have answered by repeating:

"You dim-witted, useless thing!  When are you going to learn?!"
"Is this how your mother taught you?!  Oh, right, you didn't have a mother!"
"How dare you go running to your husband to tattle on me when I told you to stop working!"
"Where are you going now?  Why do you visit your sister?  So, you can talk about our family matters?!"
"Why are you so stressed that you have to go lay in a hospital?!!
"Did you loose the baby on purpose?!"
"You are so useless that you can't even keep a baby in you!"

And, anything else that evil MIL said to her. :-w

Instead of trying to explain, which is near impossible, the situation to anyone, it would have been more succinct for JH to re-enact what evil MIL said to her.  Communicating in this fashion allows the listener to hear and judge for him/herself.  And, it requires no further explanation from the aggrieved person.

It definitely would have stopped the father from yelling at JH.  And, it would have probably lead to a heart-breaking, but truthful and caring, conversation between them.  :-<

Guest lettykay

SexyDolceVita said: I think it is time for se kyung to turn into a possessive woman like her mom...so hyun woo finally realises it is not ji hye that causes him not to love sk but sk and her family.

As for ji hye, she actually tells tw after their han river argument, she had thought hard and deep about whether hyun woo was the reason she wanted to divorce tw, she figured out no.

Then she thought about tw, whether she hates tw enough to divorce him but she figured out no because she knows tw's love for her is true.

The main reasons behind her intention to divorce tw are that she doesnt fit into tw's family and his mom.

Tw then says since the problems lie with his family not him, he is willing to give up his family or let his family give up on him for jh's sake.

Let's try for two years more, if after two years, she still wants to divorce him, then he will let her go.
Listen to her father this time, stay married for at least three years, he doesnt want to have any regrets.

Jh says she has no confidence in their marriage and going back...to kang family estate.

Tw says let's see who will win. His mom will win or they will win?

Duh...evil mil will win of course... she is the devil reincarnated!

Tw, im gonna see how you are going to fight on jh's behalf...

I started watching this episode because Viki was saying 94% - yeah this is so quick.  By the 14:35 minute point, I had enough of this and just click it off.  I am sorry but this episode should never have been written.  The stupid writer is putting this in as a filler for the extension.  Is it really necessary to rehash all the love/hate with MIL/TW.  Is it really necessary for JS to apologize to the in-laws?  So I will see what garbage the writer is going to write for tomorrow's episode.  Like I said, it isn't any fun watching this drama.  This is my own opinion only. >:P :-L :-L

TW if you truly love JH and you're willing to give up your family for your marriage - then just leave the castle! High tail it out of there with your lovely wife. If you make a stand and show JH your sincerity then why would she want a divorce!! You know the problem - make the move! I personally need to see something change in the storyline....it's getting really old! Now, if you don't have the guts to leave the castle....then let JH go. She's been very transparent with you. Why give you two years? Your mom is a scornful and vindictive queen...why further subject your wife to her antics? Don't you get it!? Deep breath! :-w

I call bs on tw giving up his family! There is no way he'd do that from what I've seen he is just now confronting his mother about her behavior...he is a day late and two dollars short! Bring on divorce and a happy reunion with jh/hw! Now dag blast it!

tessieroo said: I don't understand any of these people. They all seem to hate each others guts so why do they live together?  pp_evm_1336.gif
And I have to admit - JH's father is a huge richard simmons too. I couldn't believe he just started screaming at her. :-w  It seems that all the "adults" (older generation) are pathetic, useless human beings. 

The guy who plays jh has always played the miser father type.... I can't remember which show it was his son was the cheater but he blamed the daughter in law....that show ended with the son learning what kind of dooch he was while his ex wife was successful....very similar to es/mm except hopefully on this one they don't get back together.

Wait this got an extension? #-o Why?...it's moving slow enough...I'm sorry Boring and Stalker need to just get married already, so they can make fat babies to take care of that poor dog that lives in her office.
JH, I don't see her divorcing TW, sorry, I'm not convinced....TW's mom would have to physically stab her at this point....No I take that back...JH would probably admit to running in to the knife
Superficial niece and her Naive Puppy may actually be one of the happy couples of the show...Unless he grows a backbone when she denies him ..../:) sex..
Sis and her hubby are fine, I think they didn't need to add obnoxious parents, they should left them as the 'normal' in the chaos, when ever the parents are involved it seems to contrived.
And former anchor and his wife are better off apart...So he has regrets, live with them.
wasn't this show supposed to be about older Sister-in-law?...I'm confused now/:)....this is the only plot that has movement

Guest SexyDolceVita

Only when jh goes missing and hides herself then will her father realise how much she hates living with kang family...

We'll see...that happening at the end of episode 32 or 33?

kaciemom said: I started watching this episode because Viki was saying 94% - yeah this is so quick.  By the 14:35 minute point, I had enough of this and just click it off.  I am sorry but this episode should never have been written.  The stupid writer is putting this in as a filler for the extension.  Is it really necessary to rehash all the love/hate with MIL/TW.  Is it really necessary for JS to apologize to the in-laws?  So I will see what garbage the writer is going to write for tomorrow's episode.  Like I said, it isn't any fun watching this drama.  This is my own opinion only. >:P :-L :-L

Guest SexyDolceVita

kaciemom said:

I started watching this episode because Viki was saying 94% - yeah this is so quick.  By the 14:35 minute point, I had enough of this and just click it off.  I am sorry but this episode should never have been written.  The stupid writer is putting this in as a filler for the extension.  Is it really necessary to rehash all the love/hate with MIL/TW.  Is it really necessary for JS to apologize to the in-laws?  So I will see what garbage the writer is going to write for tomorrow's episode.  Like I said, it isn't any fun watching this drama.  This is my own opinion only. >:P :-L :-L

But, at least, they gave us some substantive dialog/conversations this time.  It wasn't just one person speaking and the listener being mute, which is what has been filling up a lot of the episodes. Man, if they didn't have those speak/mute scenes, this drama would be, at most, 12 episodes.  8-| :))

Actually, memorizing dialog in this drama must not have been hard at all. :P

Regarding the 3 years, JH should have asked her father and TW this question.  "Will I be alive in three years to get a divorce?" :-<

Hahaha.... good one.

Jh should also say, "after three years you dont need to prepare divorce papers, just send offerings to my grave will do..."

SexyDolceVita said:  "Jh should also say, "after three years you dont need to prepare divorce papers, just send offerings to my grave will do..."

I won't say this because then, you can be accused of backtalking, just as claimed by both MIL's.  Then, the argument will detour to you being rude, ill-mannered, disrespectful, etc.  And, if this had been a debate, you would have given your opponent ammunition with which to attack your side of the story.

Whereas the question of will she be alive in 3 years may be a simple question, it is also an impossible question to answer.  But, the most important thing that the question accomplishes is not to elicit an answer, but to give the one, who is being asked the question, a lot to think about.  :-<

There are many ways to win an argument.  The least effective is to do the 'you're wrong, I'm right' communications.  The 2nd least effective is to try and convince the other party that you're right by explaining and trying to get them to understand your point(s). 

People being people.  They only like to believe and are comfortable with the conclusions at which that they, themselves, arrive.  So, the most effective way to win an argument is not to argue, but just make a statement and/or question which will lead the other party to arrive at the same conclusion as you.  :P

Guest SexyDolceVita

Only when jh goes missing and hides herself then will her father realise how she hates living with kang family...

We'll see...that happening at the end of episode 32 or 33?

lettykay said:

@akikisetsu I completely agree why doesnt JH tell her father everything? You would think if she wanted to make a solid case to her father about the divorce she would mention everything that has happened, the treatment she gets at the house, how it has caused her to fall sick and the fact that TW is useless, she should have laid everything out and she should have mentioned another reason it was never going to work was the fact that she doesnt love TW. If her father still doesnt want to listen well she told him how she feels eventually he will get over it.

The scene with her and TW it looked like she was finally saying how she felt about him and the marriage but in the end she still goes back so what was the point in that scene?

Most of the characters feel like a lost cause, I dont know what is going on with TW just let her go, another poster mentioned this but it is quite clear he just wants to live in misery with JH at the house I dont understand why he still wants to live there, if he really wants the marriage to work with JH he would have left that house a long time ago.

I know right, lost cause?!!  I guess because they're all so frustrating that we have ALOT to say about each characters.  

Anyways, looking at JH's situation, I find it weird that the excuse that she gives with her family is just because the household aka MIL.  If I were in her shoes, yeah the MIL is a big reason for wanting a divorce, but to me its the fact that even my husband wants me to forget ME (my thoughts and feelings), just so I can be by his side.  It's stripping someone of everything that made them her, JH for instance; her thoughts, personality, emotions, dreams and hope.  And that's suppose to be fine because he loves her so much. And she rolls with it?????????

And TW is a subtle two-face.  In front of JH's family, he exudes this apologetic, dependable, attentive and selfless husband.  But when it's just them two, because he lets his ego and fear get the best him, he turns into this domineering, prideful and insensitive man.  Well, I guess it's human nature, but it pisses me off when I see it. 

And with what the writer did with the characters, now having an OPEN ending is a happy ending for me. I'm past that point of wanting JH with HW, I'm just hoping for a JH, who we can at least root for.  The other female characters have grown a bit, they may still make stupid decisions, but at least they've become someone better in other aspects.  But, JH is the only one is the stuck in a rut from beginning till now, and she is the main female lead.  

:(

I agree tae wook really knows how to act the eomchinah "mother's friend's son" in front of jh's father...

Unless tw shows more trust in jh, their marriage wouldnt make it even if they move away from kang family...

Guest SexyDolceVita

SexyDolceVita said:  "Jh should also say, "after three years you dont need to prepare divorce

papers, just send offerings to my grave will do..."

I won't say this because then, you can be accused of backtalking, just as claimed by both MIL's.  Then, the argument will detour to you being rude, ill-mannered, disrespectful, etc.  And, if this had been a debate, you would have given your opponent ammunition with which to attack your side of the story.

Whereas the question of will she be alive in 3 years may be a simple question, it is also an impossible question to answer.  But, the most important thing that the question accomplishes is not to elicit an answer, but to give the one, who is being asked the question, a lot to think about.  :-<

There are many ways to win an argument.  The least effective is to do the 'you're wrong, I'm right' communications.  The 2nd least effective is to try and convince the other party that you're right by explaining and trying to get them to understand your point(s). 

People being people.  They only like to believe and are comfortable with the conclusions at which that they, themselves, arrive.  So, the most effective way to win an argument is not to argue, but just make a statement and/or question which will lead the other party to arrive at the same conclusion as you.  :P

Then...what shld jh say to tw?

Sigh...

Guest SexyDolceVita

My big question - why 3 years?  Since I am not watching it' date=' why 3 years? Why not another year?  I don't get his logic.[/quote']

I also want to ask jh's father why three years?

Just watched the episode with subs.

I don't know about everyone else but I died laughing when SK's mom told HW he only had two expressions rofl

My favorite scenes were TW telling it like it is to MIL and JH telling it like it is to TW.

Honestly at this point, I consider JH's dad and everyone pressuring her to go back a murderer. I don't think she'll stay there for long, however. Urgh farking extensions :c

Yes, why three years? The one year when they were together is already too much, she gives up her job, puts up with the MIL's emotional and verbal abuse, puts up with the sister-in-law, do housework/cook, live like a prisoner in that castle, becomes infertile, gets sick, and her  husband TW does not even lift a finger to defend her and now they are asking for three years? They should be put in her shoes so they will experience and realize what she has and has been going through. The comments regarding her being dead during or after that three years is very possible. The husband TW is very narrow minded. For a prosecutor that is not a very good characteristic. I pity the people whom he'll have to prosecute in the future.

Annyeong GOM chingu deul

OMG I just realised its EP29 yesterday and today will be EP30. And the whole drama has only 32 episodes or there's any extension which I have missed? If it really ends at 32, gosh we only have 2 episodes left? Then when can we witness the great romance and get-together of HW and JH?

Archived