[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

Guest SkyMinoz

class="entry-title"Lee Min Ho Practices Surfing for Heirs and Character Description for Park Shin Hye’s Female LeadPosted on July 18, 2013 by ockoala

boso.jpg

The leaked script pages for the first two episodes of Heirs clearly reveals the overarching Hana Yori Dango influence, but the recently scrounged up character descriptions shed color on the details and its there I see the Gossip Girl bent. Lee Min Ho’s Kim Tan and Kim Woo Bin’s Choi Young Do is clearly modeled off of Serena and Blair, respectively. Both rich, best friends but also rivals, with Tan doing Serena’s I-could-care-less thang while Young Do has Blair’s plot-and-conquer written all over him. Of course this makes Park Shin Hye’s female lead Cha Eun Sang the gender-reversed Lonely Boy Dan, and the detailed character description for Eun Sang that I read and translated below confirms this for me. She’s the outsider looking in, the perpetually poor girl with dreams that can’t come true, trying to keep her head above the water when thrown in with the sharks at Empire High. My one worry about Eun Sang is the one I always have with Kim Eun Sook dramas – I mostly detest the way she writes her female characters. Most start off on the surface with a strong and capable profession – a female stunt woman, a doctor, a successful screenwriter, a top actress, a diplomatic attaché – but when you scratch below the surface all the stereotypical female insecurities come out in their personalities and Kim Eun Sook then writes it so that her quirky and super hot male leads ultimate complete the woman and make her life better.

City Hall was the exception for me, but female lead Shin Mi Rae also bucked the Kim Eun Sook trend and started off as a lowly civil servant and the drama was her trajectory towards becoming a powerful and successful mayor. Yes, she needed ALL the help from super hot and perfect male lead Jo Gook, but I did buy their slow and well-developed relationship so CH is good in my book. But so many of Kim Eun Sook’s leading ladies have deep down wet napkin personalities, needing lessons in self-esteem and not letting love cloud their minds and muddle with their careers. And some need to stop crying so much, especially towards the end of the drama. So with that said, I really like what I’m reading about Park Shin Hye’s Cha Eun Sang. She reads like a normal (*gasp*) teenage girl with a temper, insecurity, but a good head about her shoulders carrying the burden of taking care of the household for her deaf mute mother. Lee Min Ho posted the above picture yesterday which shows him surfing (look at his biceps!), clearly preparing for the start of Heirs filming. A few of the main leads are headed to Australia in early August for the first location shoot, which used to be a Kim Eun Sook specialty that she hasn’t used in a few dramas now (Lovers in Paris – Paris and Nice, Lovers in Prague – Prague, Lovers – Hainan Island, China; On Air – Taipei and Sun Moon Lake in Taiwan).

boso1.jpg

Cha Eun Sang (18 years old):

Her motto is “Be a rich while still young, or at least someone with a goal in mind.”

“Cinderella’s glass slipper fell off and in the end she got to marry the prince.” 7 year old Eun Sang read this and thought that Cinderella must’ve have scraped up her feet when she lost her shoe, but Cinderella’s shoe served a deeper purpose. Eun Sang firmly believed this, and faced with a deaf mute mother, she had to grow up quickly.

Since she was small she took care of everything for her mother – taxes, loan papers, insurance, there is nothing Eun Sang doesn’t know how to do as the de facto head of the house. But at the same time, she is embarrassed to be seen in public using sign language with her mom, so she instead uses Kakao talk even when they are face-to-face. She is just an 18 year old girl with the same insecurities.

She dislikes having a mom who can’t talk, she hates that her mom is the housekeeper for a wealthy family. But what Eun Sang hates the most is that her responsibilities and duties in life make it impossible for her to travel abroad. She seems like a strong and sunny person, but in the deep recesses of her heart there is a small corner that is resentful.

Every weekend she sees her friends on Facebook post about going to a steak house or a club, but all she does is head to ceremonial halls and convenience stores, of course those being the places where she works part time. When the same-age folks are dreaming of becoming doctors, teachers, and celebrities, Eun Sang dreams about “a stable office work job that pays 2 million won a month.”

Eun Sang gets an international call from her older sister, who is in Australia with the help of Eun Sang’s financial assistance. She claims to have met a rich guy and is getting married. Eun Sang sees her older sister as her pride and joy, a role model. Eun Sang seizes this rare chance and uses the excuse that she’s personally delivering the money her mother prepared to give her older sister. But Eun Sang boards that plane to Australia with a thought that she’s never going back to Korea.

But the older sister she sees in Australia is just a bar maid living with a perpetually drunk white guy. Forget about getting married, it’s all just a lie. Eun Sang’s dream illusion is shattered and she feels betrayed. She has a huge fight with her older sister and takes off. Eun Sang, who has nowhere to go, gets embroiled in a really preposterous incident and encounters Kim Tan. She ends up staying at his place.

Eun Sang walks into Kim Tan’s apartment and thinks that this is what Cinderella must be thinking when she stepped foot in the Palace. The huge square footage and the luxurious decorations make her feel unable to breathe. Suddenly a girl arrives unannounced. She is his fiancée, how crazy that two 18 year olds could be engaged at this age?

Who knows if its good fate or ill omen, when Eun Sang returns to Korea and on the first day she transfers schools, Eun Sang runs into Kim Tan again. With all the heirs running around Empire High School, Eun Sang can only claim to be the heir to the poor. And with that, her uneasy school life begins……

© 2013, ockoala. All rights reserved.

I heard about the leaked script and read the translation posted at Koalas...honestly, it read like really bad fan-fiction. I've read scripts before, in english AND Japanese, and this didn't even look like it was in script format - no stage direction, lots of "he felt", "he wondered," etc.
  Leaning toward the whole thing being made up by rabid fans. Probably wrote what they THOUGHT would happen and posted it for laughs. 

Guest mystisith

@Harukogirl Exactly what I'm thinking: Those "leaked scripts" are a big hoax. KES is acknowledged for at least one thing: Her dialogues, and that's not her touch I could see here. When SeGa was airing, everyone wondered what would happen at the end but you couldn't find anything online. Zip, nada. It won't be different here. Out of topic but not really: The pseudo "leaked scripts" of IHYV are a fake too imo. Would be cool if people stopped spreading rumors...  

mystisith said: @Harukogirl Exactly what I'm thinking: Those "leaked scripts" are a big hoax. KES is acknowledged for at least one thing: Her dialogues, and that's not her touch I could see here. When SeGa was airing, everyone wondered what would happen at the end but you couldn't find anything online. Zip, nada. It won't be different here. Out of topic but not really: The pseudo "leaked scripts" of IHYV are a fake too imo. Would be cool if people stopped spreading rumors...  

One more thing - if Heirs was actually as close to HYD as the "leaked" scripts claimed...Heirs would be getting their PANTS sued off them by 4 countries and one ticked-off manga-ka. I mean, HYD has 4 lucrative adaptations, and a huge manga reader following. Ain't nobody letting THAT get plagiarized.

Guest jjsweeter0211

New article of Park Hyung Shik ~
201307181515072410_1.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20130718n22340

class="entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: inherit; line-height: 1.375; "SHINee Key, ZE:A Hyungsik Cast in Musical “Bonnie & Clyde”

Posted on 2013/07/18 by Lee Hye Ji in CULTURE 
Key

Korean idol group SHINee’s Key in a promotional image for musical “Bonnie & Clyde,” set to raise its curtains in Seoul, Korea on September 4, 2013. [CJ E&M]

Hyungsik

Korean idol group ZE:A’s Hyungsik in a promotional image for musical “Bonnie & Clyde,” set to raise its curtains in Seoul, Korea on September 4, 2013. [CJ E&M]

K-pop idols Key of SHINee and Hyungsik of ZE:A will turn into notorious gangster Clyde this Fall.

Musical “Bonnie & Clyde,” having its Korean premiere in September, announced its star-studded cast members including Key, Hyungsik, Dana of The Grace, actors Kim Min-jong and Uhm Ki-joon in a statement Thursday.

The male lead role of Clyde will be rotated by Uhm, Key, Hyungsik and musical actor Han Ji-sang, while Bonnie will be rotated by singers Lisa, Dana and actress Ahn Yoo-jin.

Launched in San Diego, California in 2009, the famous story of 1930s duo robbers Bonnie and Clyde, also turned into a 1967 hit movie, will meet Korean audiences as the musical’s fifth destination after hitting Florida, Broadway, Tokyo and Osaka.

The upcoming show is opening its curtains at the Chungmu Art Hall in Seoul on September 4, continuing its dangerous love story until October 27.

Korean idol group The Grace's Dana (left) and SHINee's Key (right) in a promotional image for musical "Bonnie & Clyde," its curtains at Chungmu Art Hall in Seoul on September 4, 2013. [CJ E&M]

Korean idol group The Grace’s Dana (left) and SHINee’s Key (right) in a promotional image for musical “Bonnie & Clyde,” set to raise its curtains in Seoul, Korea on September 4, 2013. [CJ E&M]

Korean idol group ZE:A's Hyungsik (left) and actress Ahn Yoo-jin in a promotional image for musical "Bonnie & Clyde," its curtains at Chungmu Art Hall in Seoul on September 4, 2013. [CJ E&M]

Korean idol group ZE:A’s Hyungsik (left) and actress Ahn Yoo-jin in a promotional image for musical “Bonnie & Clyde,” set to raise its curtains in Seoul, Korea on September 4, 2013. [CJ E&M]

Reporter. Lee Hye Ji hjlee@tenasia.co.kr
Editor. Jessica Kim

Courtesy of CJ E&M

@Harukogirl I find the "script" for the first two episodes a laughing stock. It is poorly written with very, very few dialogues as well as the fact that the characters seem to lack development. It seems almost as if they were created out of the blue with no sort of thoughts put into the making of their character. But because SBS themselves have not come out to release even a bit of an insight on heirs to please our anticipating hearts, and nor has the writer revealed the synopsis, we can safely agree that the script are false. Let alone, like stated, the script is too similar to HYD in that the "falling together to get the story going" has little or no difference to HYD. For sure, heirs will lose in court, because for sure heirs will get sued! Actually, I find the script insulting to writer Kim, and if indeed that is the authentic script, I'm sure I wouldn't be alone when I say i'd be greatly disappointed. Heirs have itself, what I consider, a pretty strong cast so the only things left are a well developed story and a great director. Writer Kim might lack in writing a strong female character, as she has in the past (I'm sure we all are hoping to see a change in heirs) and her stories might come off as slow paced sometimes (some find it boring, while I think otherwise), but there's one thing I think she is absolutely great at, and that is writing a well developed story. There's just something about her writing that I find so intriguing; it is well thought out and gives us above and beyond. Who would have thought a little forehead touching in the middle of Secret Garden would have tied the ending into a perfect little bow. Sometimes, the smallest things matter the most and from what I've seen of writer Kim, she is amazing at emphazing the importance of it, because even the tiniest hand gesture can be a world of significance. And last but not least, the best part about her writing is that it leaves me with the feeling that there's a place for everything and everything is in its place. Therefore, yes, I am expecting a much, much better script than the one "supposedly" leaked. I think from now on, I will just sit back, relax, and wait for official news ;)

wow all this script spoilers sounds like a bunch of hooey to me ... like really it's poorly written , so cliched and what writer reveals they're work so easily . She can lose viewers and the drama hasn't even began filming ... a brief plot makes more sense ill just wait til the drama heirs to make my own conclusions

and I must say PSH looks lovely in pink and I love her hair I really hope they dont cut her hair idk every time I see a drama and the female lead is poor they chop her hair off !! okay so cuz she's poor she doesn't get the

privelege to have beautiful long

hair ... don't get me from PSH looks great with short hair but her long hair even more

I just realized something something according to the character chart/plot .. Kim Tan and PSH character , forgot the name :P , already know each other and she was rich but lost it all . And from what I am reading off these "script narrations " PSH character seems like she's always been poor and she meets KT in Australia and then again in Korea . Conflicting plots give more reason for doubt .

I see more credibility in the character plot cuz Jominz released it and was posted here and Jominz is a minoz fan base administrator more credibility :)

and things coming out of koalas playground I doubt why idk I just do I see more credibility off of dramabeans . Yea it's a blog like koalas playground but when it comes to news they've been right on point and although they have their opinions it's decent unlike koala sounds like a tabloid to me at times as so much bad criticism of dramas and the actors and actresses

Guest guadi

Whether the leaks are true or not, one thing I know for sure, this show is like crack already (at least for me) and they haven't even started filming yet! I can't look away  X_X 
I have my popcorn ready and am certainly enjoying this ride, hehehehehehe :P
popcorn_yes.gif
I want moarrrr!!!

Koala is like the biggest leak enabler. Just read the latest character description, and this part that describes Kim Tan is like something I would write - "impressive physique" and "devastatingly handsome" :)) In the name of fan-service, I approve \m/

@guadi someone has to pay up, because that is major plagiarism, I say! Those words came out of my mind; I swear I was thinking it but just couldn't properly word it hahahahahaha =)) =)) =)) I agree with it 100% :-bd :-bd :-bd

Edit: real or not, cheesy or not, disappointed I am or not, I am sinking with this beautiful ship! The view from where I am is pretty!

Who else is up for seeing Kim Tan surf in flesh? Koala might just have to go back on her words once she sees the man in RL. He really is more handsome than on screen, but add his guns on top of that face and I reckon we'll have fangirls nosebleed an ocean. Lol.

Guest guadi

Ahem...
Attention fans living in California:
An Innocent Guide to Stalking Bumping into Your Favorite Heirs and/or Heiresses:
Step 1: Check your bias' schedule for arrival/departure and filming dates 
Step 2: The most effective way to seeing your favorite Heirs and Heiresses is to camp out at the  Airport, be it LAX or others. Or if you feel like driving around town wasting gas $$$ looking for filming crew, that's up to you
Step 3: Dress cutely or comfortably
Step 4: MUST have cameras ready (preferably HD) 
Step 5: Try not to squeee or shriek too much. Be normal :)
Step 6: Please don't get arrested for excessive fangirlism or maybe fanboyism ....The end
Notes: File this post under "complete nonsense." All the things I've written above are not meant to be taken seriously :P