[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

let's forget Lee Min Ho is Tanny for a sec.  i kind of feel that Daddy Kim has pretty much screwed his distant parenting years.  Why would you send your son to a carefree California lifestyle to groom him to take over your company?  Daddy K should have sent Tanny to boarding school where order and discipline would have shaped Tan into a better suitor as CEO.  Tan has no street smarts, low IQ, he's lazy, has a bad temper, he's quick to scrap in a fight, no self control, has no interests in education or business… of what value is this 18 year old to become the main shareholder of the co?  It just sounds like ancient kingdom order.  Stick the 13 yr old into the position of king to sit on the thrown; however it's actually the eunuchs and scholars who rule the kingdom.  The young prince/king is a mere puppet. If this is the case, then you don't need to be so harsh on Tan.. just groom him to obey and be a 'yes' man.  Yet letting him be a carefree soul without LOVE isn't making a person with backbone or an obedient son. You never put a sword in his hand and taught him combat since the age of 10?  Realistically at barely 18, Kim Tan isn't suddenly going to change into a biz tycoon over night bec you force him to fight against his bro.  It's kind of a dumb heir set up??  Yes --- extreme, but Hyo Shin's parents have groomed their child well for his "expected" future.  As well, at least Young do's dad has made YD work, act like a commoner by washing dishes, making him fight taekwondo rounds to learn about strategy and positioning and getting back up after losing… YD is in a better position to take over Zeus, even though he absolutely loathes his dad.  Tan neither loves his father nor has any career aspirations at all to enlarge the Jeguek group.  He has absolutely no skills to do anything.  Hyo Shin and YD have their iqs and hard work ethics which will one day come in handy when they do mature and think like adults. I don't get the Daddy Kim mentality for forcing your child into something he doesn't want, when you never made sure he could take on the role. He should have kept Tan at his side and made sure he'd know how to fight against Kim Won one day.  Sending them to America only means you want them out of your face forever, basically, a write-off.  But now Daddy Kim wants to Tan, the write off, to come back scrapping for his rightful role??  I don't get the logic. 
Oh well.. YD at least you know how to come to a girl's rescue without starting a physical fight.  Put fear into people… much more effective! Black Knight fighting!

Guest useobwa

After watching episode 15 and reading some of the "debates", here are my thoughts.
I personally think that ES should not leave Tan for her "dreams" and regarding to her choosing the 2nd option (probably) shows that she wants to be with Tan, even if it is just a little bit more (like Daddy Kim said, one night).I am very glad that ES did not choose the 1st option. I really hope our OTP will fight through this tough period and have a happy ending in the end.Regarding to ES chasing after her dreams, I would like her to do it AFTER the battle of Tan and his family and she should chase after her dream together with Tan because, Tan is ES's dream too :-)
Young do-ah, you're the best and most charming "black knight" with pale skin ever.Regarding to HS and Rachel's kiss scene... I don't really like it lol but it's just my personal thought so don't mind me.

Looking forward to tonight's episode, heirlings. :-) 

Guest kaleidoscopegirl

omg, the stills!!! what happened? are those the only ones released? Tan,, don't cry :(( Why is he crying?!! Please let it not be related to ES. Please  [-O< Don't do this writernim! :(

class="entry-title"[Drama News] Lee Min Ho’s Soundless Cries in The Heirs Posted in Drama News

11095996983_af50011cfe_c.jpg

Lee Min Ho will break thousands of hearts tonight when his character – Kim Tan from The Heirs is going to cry soundlessly near a locker at the school corridor. Episode 15 picks up the pace a little in terms of the main plot of ‘The One Who Wears the Crown, Bears the Crown’. Chairman Kim was furious when Esther Lee renounced the engagement and decided it was time for him to step in and put an end to the love bird’s relationship.

Continue reading

Guest Nur Hanapi

plus from BTS pic we can see it as 2 separate occasions.
the scene where KT confronts ES and saw the tickets - he was wearing school uniform while the heartbroken scene he was wearing a shirt - I guess it's after the turmoil n ES's departure plan, he really lost it.

@1bin You hit the nail... regarding KT upbringing, a good solid education in a world class boarding school like Eton or Harrow would bring out the leadership skills in him. All he brought back from US is a ' good looking' face... An asset for KPop as ES once mentioned.. Hee hee hee. As mentioned earlier what baffles me most is Daddy hesitant to accept KW as heir apparent...

let's forget Lee Min Ho is Tanny for a sec.  i kind of feel that Daddy Kim has pretty much screwed his distant parenting years.  Why would you send your son to a carefree California lifestyle to groom him to take over your company?  Daddy K should have sent Tanny to boarding school where order and discipline would have shaped Tan into a better suitor as CEO.  Tan has no street smarts, low IQ, he's lazy, has a bad temper, he's quick to scrap in a fight, no self control, has no interests in education or business… of what value is this 18 year old to become the main shareholder of the co?  It just sounds like ancient kingdom order.  Stick the 13 yr old into the position of king to sit on the thrown; however it's actually the eunuchs and scholars who rule the kingdom.  The young prince/king is a mere puppet. If this is the case, then you don't need to be so harsh on Tan.. just groom him to obey and be a 'yes' man.  Yet letting him be a carefree soul without LOVE isn't making a person with backbone or an obedient son. You never put a sword in his hand and taught him combat since the age of 10?  Realistically at barely 18, Kim Tan isn't suddenly going to change into a biz tycoon over night bec you force him to fight against his bro.  It's kind of a dumb heir set up??  Yes --- extreme, but Hyo Shin's parents have groomed their child well for his "expected" future.  As well, at least Young do's dad has made YD work, act like a commoner by washing dishes, making him fight taekwondo rounds to learn about strategy and positioning and getting back up after losing… YD is in a better position to take over Zeus, even though he absolutely loathes his dad.  Tan neither loves his father nor has any career aspirations at all to enlarge the Jeguek group.  He has absolutely no skills to do anything.  Hyo Shin and YD have their iqs and hard work ethics which will one day come in handy when they do mature and think like adults. I don't get the Daddy Kim mentality for forcing your child into something he doesn't want, when you never made sure he could take on the role. He should have kept Tan at his side and made sure he'd know how to fight against Kim Won one day.  Sending them to America only means you want them out of your face forever, basically, a write-off.  But now Daddy Kim wants to Tan, the write off, to come back scrapping for his rightful role??  I don't get the logic. 

Oh well.. YD at least you know how to come to a girl's rescue without starting a physical fight.  Put fear into people… much more effective! Black Knight

fighting!

I don't know if we are watching the same drama because KT is the least dumb out of everyone. I can even say that he's even smarter than his brother. He's only lazy on the surface because he didn't want to fight his brother. When it's something he has to do, his brain is far from lazy. He can strike someone with just one blow, and he's good with people that he likes. As for one that doesn't like him feared him. Both him & YD are last because they didn't care for studying. If KT really wants to be first in school, I bet he would give CY a run for his money. With just one look at the names on the list and he already figured out what's going on. Does that sound like a guy with low IQ to you? Honestly, if KT is stupid, would his father really wants to go to all these troubles? Daddy Kim knows that KT is very capable. Notice how he never talked down to KT or treat him like an idiot? If I'm watching a different drama, I hope someone correct me.

Guest pinkytooth

Just watch the engsub.
So, Tan dad got furious about illegitimate news of Tan being spreaded. So he is not the one spreading it, wasn't he? So it must be Esther Lee job..But Tan dad made a back up stories about the shareholders war between the heir and the illegitimate son.Too much news in one day. The shareholders must be goin crazy.
And about amount of time Tan's dad gave to ES for the 1st option. Is it one night or 2 weeks? The sub said one night, recappers said 2 weeks. Why it's so different? O_OAnyone cam confirm about the time? Is it one night or two weeks?
And none of the option give benefit to her. SO UNFAIR!!! X(

Guest pinkytooth

sia3 said: class="entry-title"[Drama News] Lee Min Ho’s Soundless Cries in The Heirs Posted in Drama News

Lee Min Ho will break thousands of hearts tonight when his character – Kim Tan from The Heirs is going to cry soundlessly near a locker at the school corridor. Episode 15 picks up the pace a little in terms of the main plot of ‘The One Who Wears the Crown, Bears the Crown’. Chairman Kim was furious when Esther Lee renounced the engagement and decided it was time for him to step in and put an end to the love bird’s relationship.

Continue reading

Guest laissezze

I AM SOOOO NOT GOING TO READ RECAPS AND NOT READ SPOILERS ANYMORE!  B-)
I'm like, instead of focusing on the screen, recalling every word written on the blog page! seriously, i need a mental reboot! 
but can't wait for ep 16!~

Guest akiraamy

ppl who hate CYD from the beginning should be ashamed, he is the only "rich" character in this drama, he is both saint and sinner.

apparently he is one of the person who can actually save KT and ES relationship. YD to the rescue.

i don't understand why ES didn't try harder to be his friend, YD tried hard (in a weird childish way).

all relationship in this drama just teenage love, why so serious ? In the actual GG series, Serena could date both of Dan and Nate (really interesting).

i pity KT he seemed very defeated by his dad and social obligation, i hope he finds new way out. Leave ES for a while, she has too many trouble already. Fix his problem first then get back to ES.

I am confuse with KES, what does she wants us (viewers) to hope ? what is the message ? that poor girl could actually be a rich girl (rank up their social class) by marrying the rich guy ?

actually being rich ppl is so much fun, but this movie only show the bad side of being rich people. no glam essence on this movie, they spent too much money in USA. there's even no part of KT buying ES lots of dresses, or actually dating scene with RICH guy.