[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

Kim Tan and Young Do's fallout is quite interesting, and I'm looking forward to how exactly it went down. I know some people said the whole "illegitimate child" is too weak of a secret for Young Do to always be threatening Kim Tan with it, but it really isn't. A part of it is Kim Tan but that's not really what matters to him, what matters is everything and everyone that stands behind him, the people he would be hurting if the truth came out, his mother, his father, his family. I reckon he is worried for his family more so than being afraid of getting hurt if the truth were told. Note that this is all a secret to the world. All the flaws that lie within the Kim family is coated with a pretty and rich, very rich, outer layer. So it is unknown to the world that they are actually a very corrupt family. And therefore, the truth was never meant to be revealed but Kim Tan trusted that Young Do would understand. Why couldn't young do accept him? I reckon jealousy influenced his choice. Young Do was smart, he was rich, but Kim Tan was always one step ahead of him. In a way, Kim Tan was like the tiger while Young Do was only his roar. You can't roar without the tiger, but on the other hand, just the presence of the tiger alone echos enough fear to its surrounding. Together, they were stronger but I'm sure it didn't satisfy Young Do that in everyone's eye, Kim Tan was the more evil one. Therefore, when he found Tan's weak spot, he took it as his advantage to crush him with it. And that is where his character flaw lies; he simply can't accept weakness. Ahh but he doesn't realize that's exactly what makes Tan stronger than him; it takes a strong person to recognize their own weakness and, let alone, reveal it. I reckon beneath all that arrogance, Young Do is actually the weakest, which is why he needs to roar loud and clear, "I'm BIGGER than you," so fear me.

@liltash85 I understand what you mean, but Kim Tan and Young Do are way too different. If Kim Tan's character doesn't possess that dark side young do's does, it isn't because lee min ho himself can't act it, because he can very well, rather it is the way his character was written.

Like you, at one point of the long wait for heirs, I had a hope that Kim Tan would turn out to be a bit evil. However, I will have to take that back now because I absolutely love the way he is written and I think lee min ho does a perfect job of portraying him. I don't need Kim Tan to be evil to feel the chills down my spine, he already does it with his electrifying stares; I really can't ask for more.

Guest kwave06

i've watched a few epis of 'heirs' and it seemed a variation of 'boys over flowers' and korean version of gossp girl. has anybody advised park shin hye to get a brace as her teeth are protruding. quite distracting

Guest leisure

best sub copy is still viki, they translated it very well. I have all the link to different site where you can watch it, including viki illegal copy. I'll post them here later

Guest mystisith

leisure said: Heirs will definitely surpass secret rating, it is already ahead of its closest rival secret in Tnms rating. I think it is just proper not to quote AGB nielsen rating as sole barometer in judging rating. just my 2 cent

@CarolinaDannie jinjja? I will have to disagree then lol. I love the simplicity of the wine cellar scenes. It serves as the place only they know of. It's the place they can go to escape the world, and that makes it special. I'm certain we will have a few more of these scene throughout the drama, because the wine cellar is now "their" place.

Just like a lot of you, I feel this drama is a little on the heavier side for a romantic comedy. It is dark and angsty, and sometimes a little hard to take in, so I appreciate the little moments like the wine cellar, where I can just relax.

@leisure please don't, we are not allowed to post them here.

@kwave06 I've watched BOF more than enough times, know it like the back of my hand and I really don't see how heirs is like it. From the surface, it looks the same but the underlying story is very different.

And that must be you only, because PSH's teeth does not bother me.

Guest leisure

mystisith said: leisure said: Heirs will definitely surpass secret rating, it is already ahead of its closest rival secret in Tnms rating. I think it is just proper not to quote AGB nielsen rating as sole barometer in judging rating. just my 2 cent

class="entry-title"The Heirs: Episode 5 Posted in K-Drama Recaps by La Petite

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-nu6JlLWfC7Y/UmpFZxioPFI/AAAAAAAACCg/aIPVd44d1dA/s1280/%25EC%2583%2581%25EC%2586%258D%25EC%259E%2590%25EB%2593%25A4.E06.131024.HDTV.x264.720p-LTE.jpg

I like it better now that the show has shifted back to Korea and is putting its focus on Tan having to deal with… well, everything. This episode we see a little bit of everything Tan and Eun Sang will be up against and facing – the tension, peer pressure and the struggle. The show and its characters have been written close to reality is what I like about it.

Continue reading HERE

Guest nistymaj

I don't get people who are saying over and over again that most of the cast don't look high school students. We have to remember that they are supposed to be senior high (18-20 yrs. old or older in many cases). in some countries, senior high is equivalent to 1st year and 2nd year college/uni students. Just look at the cast of Twilight Series, GG and other western films about h.s. students. Many viewers were shocked at the extent of bullying YD and his cohorts did. I don't know about the seriousness of this matter in Korea but students even bring guns and knives at school in some countries to bully their schoolmates. Yet I believe that CES will bring about a change in YD for the better. There maybe initial attraction of YD for ES but as many pointed out in this thread, seeing KT concern for her triggered his intense interest in pursuing her. But in the preview of episode 7, we see him his confusion why he is thinking so much of her which I see as CES worming her way into his heart.

Guest mystisith

leisure said:
mystisith said: leisure said: Heirs will definitely surpass secret rating, it is already ahead of its closest rival secret in Tnms rating. I think it is just proper not to quote AGB nielsen rating as sole barometer in judging rating. just my 2 cent

Guest Dany Sai

kwave06 said: i've watched a few epis of 'heirs' and it seemed a variation of 'boys over flowers' and korean version of gossp girl. has anybody advised park shin hye to get a brace as her teeth are protruding. quite distracting