[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

Just want to share

Reading between lines on Heirs

Cr:Softy

I am reading way too much into this scene. When he stood there behind that sheet as she talked to herself saying “during the day I am nouveau riche and at night I’m a maid -how can a life vary so vastly,” I thought the sheet was symbolic of what’s dividing them – their social status disparity. So when he went over to watch her nap, that was all he could do – just stare and dream and hope- anymore and it would end up hurting her and he didn’t want to be the one to cause her pain. Then when she woke up and saw that dream catcher, I thought it was a reminder that what she is living in right now is a dream. One that she will need to wake up from some day. Whatever they have together will be short lived cuz happily ever after for them just wasn’t meant to be. There are circumstances and people with power controlling their lives and the two of them are pawns to be moved around. Getting their way and staying together is a dream they both have right now, but maybe they know that when they open their eyes, it will be over so they are trying to keep their eyes closed and keep moving. Meaning they are going to ignore the obvious and try to have what they can now – these stolen moments in the wine cellar, at school, pretty much anywhere they can be together just the two of them. Most of this applies to Tan more than Eun Sang cuz she is still holding back and hasn’t caught up to his emotions, but I can’t help this is what Tan might be thinking. He really does believe if she stays close to him, he can protect her at school just by being Kim Tan and his family’s reputation. He still doesn’t get that already the play is in motion. Just by putting her in that school, his father has set into motion their eventual break up. So by staying by Tan’s side, she will in reality need protection from his family. How ironic that Tan could be the source of her joy as well as her heartache.

I don’t know if it’s LMH or the character Kim Tan, but he does this look of love better than anyone I’ve ever seen. Swoon factor just skyrockets each and every time.

Maybe it’s just me, but I love how Woobin is playing this character. There is such hostility underneath the smirks and affectations of concern that makes his threats just as intimidating as a growl.

I think it’s interesting to note how differently Young Do is bullying Eun Sang. He is still making threats and trying to scare her, but he is going easy on her for now since he needs to confirm her relationship with Tan. I wonder what is going to set him off and make him more aggressive – the fact that Tan likes her or that she isn’t wealthy after all.

Young Do doesn’t know it yet, but these little flirtations are piling up. He thinks he is giving Eun Sang attention to get at the truth about what she means to Tan, but each time Eun Sang matches him with her verbal sparring ability or stands up to him, he is becoming more impressed. Pretty soon he won’t need to ask what her relationship is with Tan cuz Young Do will know himself – the glaring truth will be felt in his heart as he starts to fall for her.

It’s interesting to note here that Young Do held onto her secret and didn’t tell anyone else. He specifically said if you don’t save my number, I will ask you why a nouveau riche is working part time. He said the pronoun “you” clearly to let her know he won’t ask others like Rachel. He might even remember her from last time when she made a delivery and threatened to call the police when that worker harassed her. That stunt amused him so he got a look at her face. Pretty sure he admires her gumption for thinking quickly on her feet in those types of situations. That’s why I am beginning to see that Tan and Young Do like her for more than just her looks. It’s like the whole package of who she is wrapped up with all that extra stuff they admire – like good work ethics, having principles, and most importantly pride – despite her circumstances. Tan hasn’t done it yet, but Young Do has worked at his father’s hotels in the summer. He knows about hard work like Eun Sang. He will know what she is going through a little better than Tan. Even though it wasn’t overt, I get the feeling that smirk after she left indicates amusement -maybe even a touch of admiration and respect – something he has never felt for any of the kids he bullied. I hope that surprises him so that he keeps that in the back of his mind for later when he starts to tally up all the signs and indications that he was falling for her.

When Young Do said “why do you always sleep in places like this – making me want to protect you,” I totally understood where that confused look on Eun Sang’s face came from. She is probably wondering what is it about her that gives off vibes to guys that she needs protection. Tan felt that same way too when they first met. That’s why he didn’t leave her on the street and took her to his home. Now that it’s happening again with Young Do, bet that’s why she sighed so audibly.

Read full:http://soulsrebel.wordpress.com/2013/10/17/reading-between-the-lines-on-heirs/#more-37780

Guest leisure

The flaw of this drama in my idea is Woo Bin being cast in this drama. How can he even be worthly compared to Min Ho. Not to antagonized the look but he looks like a standing toothpick with elongated head.

The writer need really to up his appearance in order to even slightly have a good match up between him and Lee Min Ho. Acting and looks Lee Min Ho is too far compared to him. The edge of Lee Min Ho is his very expressive eyes which i think the director is right on the money to prolonged stare for he has that brilliant acting eyes.

Guest hellochloe

omiki said: cassopeia said: Xia-ya said: If he wanted her to stay away from Tan then why didn't he let her stay in her old school where she can't see him. Bringing her to his school is only going to bring them closer together.

Guest laissezze

leisure said: Heirs will definitely surpass secret rating, it is already ahead of its closest rival secret in Tnms rating. I think it is just proper not to quote AGB nielsen rating as sole barometer in judging rating. just my 2 cent

Guest sunset88

prosperity said: @briseis, Oooh good eye. Kim Tan is Eun Sang's dreamcatcher, but I also think ES is his dream catcher as well. This is a great use of prop by the writer. I think what makes her good, is the underlying meaning of what she writes. I am not sure her writing suits a high school drama, in the sense that it attracks the wrong audience, that would truly admire her work. I think I read where she said she was writing a high school drama for a more mature audience, and I totally get that.
Can some one explain to me why people are mad that Kim Tan did not stop the bullying? I don't get it because Chan Young goes to the same school, Bo Na goes to the same school, MS goes to the same school, HS goes to the same school etc, yet they have not done anything to stop it. Why are people only pointing him out? I find it interesting that people are more mad at him for ignoring it, than the perpetrator himself. Interesting...

Guest laissezze

Of all the episodes aired, I rewatched ep6 a couple of times. I know it was a "dark" episode but I think the writers are making the characters more clear. Especially that for me, I still need to know the reason behind KT and YD's rift. I think as the drama progresses, we will see more of this "another side" of KT. A thing he doesn't like to show, but has to, in order to protect ES. 
argh!!!!!!!!!! Wednesday! come soon!

leisure said: The flaw of this drama in my idea is Woo Bin being cast in this drama. How can he even be worthly compared to Min Ho. Not to antagonized the look but he looks like a standing toothpick with elongated head.

The writer need really to up his appearance in order to even slightly have a good match up between him and Lee Min Ho. Acting and looks Lee Min Ho is too far compared to him. The edge of Lee Min Ho is his very expressive eyes which i think the director is right on the money to prolonged stare for he has that brilliant acting eyes.

Guest prosperity

leisure said: The flaw of this drama in my idea is Woo Bin being cast in this drama. How can he even be worthly compared to Min Ho. Not to antagonized the look but he looks like a standing toothpick with elongated head.

Guest prosperity

sunset88 said: prosperity said: @briseis, Oooh good eye. Kim Tan is Eun Sang's dreamcatcher, but I also think ES is his dream catcher as well. This is a great use of prop by the writer. I think what makes her good, is the underlying meaning of what she writes. I am not sure her writing suits a high school drama, in the sense that it attracks the wrong audience, that would truly admire her work. I think I read where she said she was writing a high school drama for a more mature audience, and I totally get that.
Can some one explain to me why people are mad that Kim Tan did not stop the bullying? I don't get it because Chan Young goes to the same school, Bo Na goes to the same school, MS goes to the same school, HS goes to the same school etc, yet they have not done anything to stop it. Why are people only pointing him out? I find it interesting that people are more mad at him for ignoring it, than the perpetrator himself. Interesting...

Guest hellochloe

@pinkslytherin

an errand doer (someone who is basically "asked" to do chores, and by "asked" i don't mean a polite question).  The definition of shuttle: travel back and forth between two points, so you get the idea...

sunset88 said:I think because first he specifically said that he started the whole bully tradition thing first and Young-do followed along and then continued on after Kim Tan left. And two because unlike those you mentioned Kim Tan actually has power in that school moreso than anyone else and he is IMO much more powerful than Young-do in strength and in smarts (Young-do is a more direct approach while I think much like his dad Kim Tan is a manipulator and cunning in a silent way which is much more dangerous IMO) Besides he is the main lead and in your main lead you want him to uphold some sort of humane values so he is worthy of the heroines affections but him telling her to ignore the bullying and go against her morals was wrong (even though he was trying to protect her). We know he has a dark edge and I think in that moment it showed that he can be a bit twisted in morals but alas that is how he was raised just like Young-do was raised in a hostile environment  and was bullied his own way by his father. So these kids are just becoming their parents because that is what was taught and that is what was shown to them. Still though we have many many more episodes to go for these kids to get some growth and I am sure each and every single one will have some type of growth (well except CY and BoNa IMO lol)