SM AUDITION QUESTIONS?

Guest taslchristine

Guest taslchristine

Ok, on July 1st, 2013, I'm going to Korea and when I go to Korea, I'm going to audition at SM Entertainment! I have a few questions that keep me going crazy and worried for a whole DAY! So, I decided to burst it all out! I need a few answers so I can tell which one is correct. Here they are!
My name is Christine and I am pretty tall. I am half Korean and half American.Here are my pictures and my video of me singing:
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMnTGSO6k-I
Pictures: https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/430792_4734333763729_944159612_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/18300_4702160239411_1093268539_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p206x206/60665_4533833311343_452931884_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/p206x206/550112_4953980374757_1504382977_n.jpg

1) Do you think I will be able to pass the SM auditions BEFORE August 25th or so? Because if i'm in the middle of the auditions and I have to go back to America, I can't go back to Korea.
2) What's an official and unofficial trainee? It seems like people are saying official trainees are chosen by SM. Then, what would an unofficial trainee be? People that didn't pass the auditions, but are using money to just be trained? That's what I've heard from a few people.
3) During the Auditions, there is a rhythm test that I heard of, but I can't dance. Would that be a disadvantage for me? I can't take Dance classes or anything and I can't just learn from YouTube since it's a FREESTYLE.
4) Do I ever get kicked out of SM like after my contract is finished or something?
5) How long would the three auditions EXACTLY be? Like 2 months? 1 month by looking at my video and pictures?
6) I'm going to do WEEKLY Auditions in Korea so will that help me have a better chance of passing? And when are they? Like what are the dates for the auditions? I heard they were on Saturday's at 2:00PM, but I just need to know the date that they start. July.....?
7) While i'm a trainee, do I have to pay for anything? Examples: training.
8) Do they really confiscate your phone? It's one of my most treasured items ^^ hehe

Sorry for all the questions, but they really bother me so just want to know ^^

Guest EverydayImKpopping

You have a voice with potential!I wouldn't suggest singing Rolling in the Deep though because it's popular and judges would probably have heard it many times during auditions and it gets boring after hearing the billionth time. :] Choose a song that brings the best of you but also a song that is unique in which other auditionees won't be picking either.Plus, you look very very Asian (considering you're half). So those are bonuses for sure.
1) If you're auditioning on July 1st, you shouldn't have to wait until August 25th to know your results. It would take days-weeks. However, it always depends...there have been cases where people got call backs a year after they auditioned, but that's rare and only when the company is very unsure of your potential. If you are going back to America by August 25th, you probably would know whether or not you made it by then (: so don't worry.
2) Okay, before explaining "official and unofficial" trainees, I'll try to make it clear that if you pass SMent auditions you will NOT have to pay any money for training. What you mentioned about "using money to be trained," is talking about the SM academy not the SM ent. They are different. SM has a separate school that anybody can go to, if you go to SM academy, it has nothing to do with becoming a Kpop singer. It's just a school that teaches dance, music singing etc. SM academy students have nothing to do with SM ent trainees, academy students have to pay and aren't necessarily interested in becoming singers, while trainees don't have to pay and are trained to become idols.Now back to Official and Unofficial trainees. :] Those terms are used loosely and I cannot be sure I understand those terms. But I can tell you of the 3 types of trainees I know that exist.
Trainee type 1: The type of trainee most people are familiar with, you sign a contract with them, it's harder for them to kick you out if you do a bad job.Trainee type 2: These trainees sign like a "temporary contract" with SM because SM is not sure of their potential due to many factors, such as if a trainee is very young and they have potential, they may change as they get older.Trainee type 3: These trainees technically aren't trainees yet, basically if SM is interested in you, they might ask you to come to SM for training only during the summer break, or winter break. They want to see how you can improve under pressure of their training. If they don't see improvement, they won't take you in, if they do, they'll offer you a contract.
3) I really really suggest that you take dance lessons. Even a little bit will help a lot. The rhythm test doesn't require you to actually dance, you can just tap you hands to the beat. They want to see how rhythmic you are, not how well you dance. (:
4) Each trainee has a differing contract based on the potential SM sees in you. They can be a few years or last up to 10 years, it really depends. I wouldn't call it "kicking you out" but yes, your job would be over.
5) It really depends, there is no exact time. Usually 3 will take around a few months-half a year.
6) They have auditions every Saturday, every week. I do not know what time it starts on Saturdays, but it will say on the website. Going to Korea might give you a better chance, but still, if you are really talented, it won't matter where you are.
7) Nope, you don't have to pay for training. In fact, you will be payed weekly allowance because you technically work for them even though you are training.
8) They do have electronic restrictions, but to what extent, I am not sure. (Same here, I can't live without my phone)
Good luck and update us on Soompi about how the auditions turn out in July!

Guest taslchristine

To everydayimkpopping,
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE COMPLIMENT AND THE ANSWERS! That just made my hopes up! These other people around me have been bringing my hopes down so it really made me nervous!These are the songs I know the lyrics to.
GrenadeRolling in the DeepTitaniumHaloSomewhere only we know(I'm thinking of doing I'm Sorry by Lena Park   and   For Good)
Would any of those songs be good?Here's me singing Titanium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_oMF88noig

I'm so glad that I don't need to dance, but I really can't do dance classes because of a few problems....
But, I'm still trying to freestyle dance though. :D
I WILL update if I make it to the auditions. :) But, it's still a long time until July 1st TT TT.The thing is, I'm going to be going on a plane to Korea ON July 1st and it will take a few days for me to settle in Korea so...

Well I guess someone completed my job for answering questions regarding auditions, it makes my life easier, but I'm here to help you now!
For auditions, it's true that you shouldn't sing songs that're really popular, because of course, there's more people singing them, BUT, there's the exception for "special" voices, from the previous post I heard you have a unique voice (I personally haven't watched the video because I'm quite busy) so if you do feel really comfortable singing a popular hit song that's quite popular then do it, or you can pick another song that suits your vocals really well and that song will bring out the true colours of your voice. The list of songs you have compiled there are some really good songs, and personally I love them all, the only suggestion I can give is to sing a song that suits your vocals more, don't say they all do, because from the experience of answering questions I've had, I know there's one song that's literally made for your voice, you just have to find it ^^ 
You don't need to go to dance classes just to pass the auditions, I mean, look at some K-Pop stars, their dancing was absolutely terrible before they got into SM or whatever company they were auditioning for, some applications, like Taemin from SHINee for example, that guy is made to dance, and of course, he got in through dancing, so each person is unique in their own way, and if you have the dream, dedication, and passion (read my signature and you'll know what I mean) for your dream, then you'll achieve anything.
Good luck in your endeavours as a K-Pop star, and don't be nervous, because without being nervous, you can really shine.
_RaiN_

Guest taslchristine

Thank you SO MUCH _RaiN_!I want to try doing titanium, (maybe halo but some of my friends keep saying that when I sing halo, it sounds like it's hard for me to breathe >O< ), love song by sara bareilles, maybe the only exception and we are young. So I will have to see. Thanks for the dancing thing. I was getting so worked up about dancing. I hope to pass the auditions because I really want to live in Korea. I feel that i'm meant to live in Korea xD not America. ^^

taslchristine said: Thank you SO MUCH _RaiN_!I want to try doing titanium, (maybe halo but some of my friends keep saying that when I sing halo, it sounds like it's hard for me to breathe >O< ), love song by sara bareilles, maybe the only exception and we are young. So I will have to see. Thanks for the dancing thing. I was getting so worked up about dancing. I hope to pass the auditions because I really want to live in Korea. I feel that i'm meant to live in Korea xD not America. ^^

taslchristine said: Thank you SO MUCH _RaiN_!I want to try doing titanium, (maybe halo but some of my friends keep saying that when I sing halo, it sounds like it's hard for me to breathe >O< ), love song by sara bareilles, maybe the only exception and we are young. So I will have to see. Thanks for the dancing thing. I was getting so worked up about dancing. I hope to pass the auditions because I really want to live in Korea. I feel that i'm meant to live in Korea xD not America. ^^

Guest taslchristine

@_RaiN_haha ok ^^ Thank you~!
Now I really have confidence that I'm going to make it! >O<SM ENTERTAINMENT, HERE I COME!

Guest EverydayImKpopping

@taslchristine
Hwaiting!~ I really hope you will succeed in your dreams! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! I'm sure we'd all help (:

• 2 years later...
Guest The Classy Nerd 19

Hello!

I'm pure Asian. I'm a Filipino but I don't look like one. Most say I look like Japanese, Chinese, and Korean! The only reason they know I'm Pinoy if I start speaking tTagalog with some pinoy and my friends. I think I have every feature they need from an idol. I have pale white skin, round but not long eyes, double eyelids, small but sharp nose my jawline is a little bit V shaped, and small face too.

1. My problem is my skin. I have skin allergy in my arms and we've been to an allergy doctor and asked what is it. The nurse said that she the allergy when she was my age and it was gone after years. So doctor have me something to put and it worked but it was back after a few days. I also have a lot of stretch marks on my legs and thighs. Are they going to help me remove these?

2. I also have some few pimples in my back and my forehead but its not that noticable. Since im at my puberty age I think it will be removed. Since I have skin allergy, my skin is sensitive. Most Koreans put a lot of stuffs in their faces. Are they going to force me to put those stuffs to? I also dont use perfumes and lotions no matter how good it smells because my mom is not allowed  and i think I am too. Are they going to force me too?

3. I don't think that the smell of the chemicals they use for the hair is OK for me. What if I don't want to dye my hair? Are the going to force me?

4. I live in UAE and there are no global auditions happening here which gives me no choice but to audition by e-mail. Please tell me how it works. Do i have to tell everything in the video or do Ihave to write everything in the e-mail?

5. I'm homeschooling.I want to stay homeschooling.  Do  I have to go in a foreign school? Can't I just stay being a homeschool girl and have some Korean lessons after?  We can pay for the expenses. I just need a supervisor  to check my exams and it's done.

6. I tried to tell my parents that i want to be an idol but said it was just a joke cause they want me to go to college and finish a course. Is SM going to allow me go to college while being a trainee or an idol? We can pay for the expenses. 

7. Im 13 years old tuning 14 on July 2016. I cam dance and I'm good at it if there's someone who will teach me. I can sing too! And I'm good at both! Do you think they will accept me?? My friends say that I really look different in pictures.

Archived