[Drama 2013] When A Man Loves 남자가 사랑할 때

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest modern_mum

Greetings from London...

looks like i got lots to catch up...

have yet to watch the last 2 epi with subs ..

miss ya all chingu ya..

Guest NEWMARIO

Song Seung-heon, "Proud of Sin Se-kyeong"

Source | 2013/06/11 | 10 views | Permalink |

photo318278.jpg

Actor Song Seung-heon claimed that he was proud of co-actress Sin Se-kyeong for enduring the issue of 'double-timing it'.

At a recent interview of "When A Man's in Love", Song Seung-heon said, "I am proud of Sin Se-kyeong for working hard despite hearing things that upset her".

He said, "Sin Se-kyeong was criticized on top of everything and exhaustion from the drama. It doesn't matter if it's just the drama, but those words drain you. However, Se-kyeong didn't care. I don't know how she felt on the inside but she would go around saying, "It's alright". I am so proud of her".

"This is my first time working with her and she kept it in her heart that she never liked Han Tae-sang from the beginning until end. It wasn't double-timing between two men but she was sure she loved Jae-hee. I didn't see her so young then".

"Yeon Woo-jin was also criticized during the drama. I know viewers have said things like, 'How could he betray the brother-like man who helped him?' and such. I would've said I couldn't do it anymore. But Woo-jin and Se-kyeong did it well. They never even expressed their discomforts".

Source : www.osen.co.kr/articl... ( English )

Guest NEWMARIO

‘When Man Loves’ Song Seung-Heon, “I really wanted an ending of not being with Shin Se-Gyeong”

2013/06/12(Wed) 12:10
6204_1.jpg Actor Song Seung-Heon said about the happy ending of ‘When Man Loves’ that it is bit sorry but what he did best. After the MBC Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘When Man Loves’ ended, Song Seung-Heon revealed his thought toward the opened happy ending of drama. In the end of ‘When Man Love’, Tae-Sang (played by Song Seung-Heon) and Mido (played by Shin Se-Gyeong), who parted because of misunderstanding, meet again in front of a book store and reveals their love toward each other. Song Seung-Heon said, “I wanted the ending of having romance with nobody. I don’t like a happy ending. I wanted Han Tae-Sang to die or leave. Viewers want leading character to have a happy ending, but it’s it. The character is forgotten easily that way. The sad ending gives more impression. There were many open ending of drama ‘When Man Loves’, but there’s no answer. I think the ending was good as well.” Meanwhile, Song Seung-Heon is going to have a rest for a while after the drama ‘When Man Loves’.
http://www.innolife.co.kr/list.php?ac_id=4&ai_id=6204

ahhh he knows what his fans actually wants .. him with no love ending with nobody ..

yeah, i think he is correct, i really want to watch the ending like he dies (although it was just not fair to HTS - the pity man but hey, it was a reality for someone that did not get his love ones and always get betrayed) or maybe just live with his own family (mother & brother) .. but somehow the end like this will give more deeper impression like SSH said ..

the plain ending like happy ending for some of Korean drama really sucks sometimes ..

by Joan MacDonald   Jun 12, 2013 10:42 AM EDT ic_art_+.gific_art_-.gific_art_email.gific_art_print.gif class="cb b15"Song Seung Hoon Proud of "When A Man" Co-Stars

Shin Se Kyung and Song Seung Hoon

If you are a good actress and play a character people don't like, you may get some personal negative feedback. That's what happened to Shin Se Kyung when she played Seo Mi Do in "When A Man Loves." Working so hard to create an authentic although despicable character, despite personal attacks, is exactly what makes her co-star Song Seung Hoon so proud of her.

Before Shin Se Kyung began filming "When A Man Loves," she knew her character would make some enemies and that's exactly what happened. Not only did Seo Mi Do make enemies in the drama for two-timing Han Tae Sang, played by Song, but the actress was also the target of negative comments.

In the drama, Han Tae Sang starts out as a cold-hearted loan shark but changes his ways because of his love for Seo Mi Do. He gets her a job, helps her family and will do anything to marry her. But then she two times him with Lee Jae Hee, played by Yeon Woo Jin.

In real life none of them are actually dating. The co-stars all like and support each other.

"I am proud of Shin Se Kyung for doing her best even though she heard things that upset her," said Song.

According to Song, the actress was exhausted by the demands of the drama and then had to deal with all the criticism.

"I know its part of acting in a drama but that kind of negativity can drain you," said Song. "However, Shin Se Kyung acted as if she didn't care. I don't know how she felt on the inside but she would go around saying that she was fine. I am proud of her."

Despite viewer criticism the actress was acting the part exactly the way she was expected to. 

"She kept it in her heart that she never liked Han Tae Sang from the beginning to the end," said Song. "She didn't see it as two-timing. The character was sure she loved Jae Hee."

Netizens were less upset about the fact that she liked Jae Hee than that she was dishonest about her feelings. Many of them did not care for the ungrateful Jae Hee either, as Han Tae Sang also repeatedly helped him. But Song, as much a gentleman about the characters as Han was in the drama, also stood up for Yeon Woo Jin.

"I know viewers said things like, 'How could he betray the man who was a brother to him and who helped him?' I don't know if I could have continued to act a part like that but Woo Jin and Se Kyung both did it so well," said Song. "They never expressed any discomfort."

Shin Se Kyung also had something to say about the end of the drama.  She chose not to focus on the negative.

"I feel much lighter, but I also feel quite sad," she said of leaving her character behind. "I had such a wonderful time in this drama and it will remain as one of the most special memories of my life."

Hopefully viewers will one day forgive her for her polarizing portrayal of Seo Mi Do.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/9707/20130612/song-seung-hoon-proud-when-man-co-stars.htm

OT: Chinggus ... if you still visit here, I just want to recommend Ugly Alert ... such a good drama ... 120 episodes so maybe we will get a wedding and kids for a drama this long! LOL ... The leads are awesome as well .... See you in that forum!

Song Seung Hun Says He′s Still Waiting for His One and Only

2013-06-16 11:00  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Choi, EunHwa
Translation Credit : Erika Kim
Song Seung Hun doesn′t seem to be bent on getting married anytime soon.

In a recent interview with enews, held to talk about his recent drama When a Man Falls in Love, Song Seung Hun said, "I don′t think I′m ready to become a husband and father. I have to give up a lot, but I don′t think I′ll be able to be as kind."

71755829.jpg

He added, "When I see Lee Byung Hun hyung (big brother), who′ll soon be getting married, and the Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young couple, I feel jealous and they look happy, but most of my married friends find marriage life to be difficult. There are good things, but there are the bad sides too, and it didn′t look like an easy task, becoming a good father and husband."

He also said about love, "When I met my first love, it was like I had been electrocuted, and thunder clapped in my ears like in the cartoons. That′s what I call destiny. It′s not easy for me to meet other people because I′ve had such an experience."

"It′s been a long time since I last dated, too," he said. "I think it happened before I went to the army. I want to meet another person who makes me hear thunder, and share a love of destiny."

Song Seung Hun was recently praised for his appearance in When a Man Falls in Love.

Photo credit: Storm S Company

http://enewsworld.interest.me/enews/contents.asp?idx=38363&idxType=News

Archived