[Drama 2013] You're The Best Lee Soon Shin - 최고다 이순신

phoung

• Replies 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright. I just finished watching ep 36 straight through, rather than in out of order parts and my thoughts on this episode are:

I'm really glad this episode wasn't as angsty and drama filled as I was expecting from the preview. I was given the impression that our pabo couple would be given less screen time while lengthening the ahjummas, HS x baker ahjussi, and YS & CW storyline, but there was actually a nice mix of everything.

MR is still oblivious to how her actions will only hurt SS in the long run. Though I don't understand most of what they're saying, I can imagine what MR must have been saying to both SS's mother and to the director - both of which brings a negative impression onto SS. It is sad how after this long, MR still doesn't realize what she is doing to her daughter and is delusional in thinking she is helping SS.

I've always felt that CM hasn't been a very decent friend to SS since the beginning. It seemed that CM was jealous of SS for getting a Gabi Ent contract, then made a point of how she knew SS was getting scammed because it was impossible, causing SS to feel even more terrible about the situation. Not to mention being completely oblivious to how SS was feeling when it was revealed that MR was her birth mother, not JA. It appears that not even once has CM truly considered what SS must be feeling and if they had been friends since they were young, surely CM would know what kind of a person SS is and know that SS is not happy. Even when SS was blatantly unhappy at the party when CM kept pushing to see her room, CM was clueless and only spoke about how envious she was at all the stuff she had, the size of her room, etc. Where is the concern? How could she be so blind? Or is it simply because now that SS has landed a role, CM has been promoted to being SS's personal stylist?

YA is a witch - through and through. Before, I didn't know who was worse, YA or MR, but in this episode, it was clear. MR has a misconception about what is really helpful to SS and what is not, but YA is intentionally sabotaging SS at every possible opportunity - with the director, MR, and the cast of the drama they are working in together. That is not only unprofessional, but unethical. With her tactics, it not only directly affects SS, but it also impacts Gabi Ent's reputation, JH's reputation, the director's reputation, the entire cast of the drama, and even MR's reputation. That is unbelievably selfish on so many different levels. She has quickly become the character I dislike the most and I hope her scheming ways are discovered soon and her road to redemption long and difficult to travel. She doesn't deserve forgiveness all that easily. She is so transparent in her nasty demeanor that it's obvious to SS and even IS. I suppose IS didn't expect YA to be so hateful towards SS by intentionally leading SS to the wrong filming location.

SS's acting has improved a lot - so much that it really impressed the directors. I suppose that also spurs YA's jealousy, but she, too, is supposedly talented, so why all the hate? Her interactions with JH is simply too adorable, I think I spent the entire time watching their scenes together with a silly grin on my face. The moment of realization and mild horror when SS realized that she has feelings for JH was hilarious and the park scene was cute. SS's feelings were apparent there, it was all written in her face when JH was bandaging her finger. The concern JH was showing her over a simple cut was adorable as well - as though it was a serious, life threatening injury. lol. The fact that JH realized she had something on her mind when no one else did is also a clue as to how much he pays attention to her. The video call scene was adorable and he, without even realizing it, brightened SS's mood that night. Not that he wasn't smiling so wide, his face would probably crack in half himself. I also couldn't help but laugh when JH resorted back to yelling at SS when his jealousy sprang up again as he watched YH teaching SS how to cook. I hope it will steadily continue to go down this path. I really want to see more of SS acknowledging her feelings for JH and most definitely the confession. I am eager to go back and rewatch all the Shin-Shin couple moments, especially SS's moment of realization. lol.

Let's see... what else?

I'm glad that HS is finally growing a backbone and standing up to her ex-MIL, much thanks to baker ahjussi. He is good for her. Every time she runs into difficulties, he is there to help her de-stress, forget her problems, or slowly teaching her to stand up for herself. I'm glad to see that they have made up and I hope that at this point, they can slowly grow closer to each other. In the last episode, I think WJ stood up to HS's ex-MIL for hitting baker ahjussi, so I hope that is also the beginning of WJ's acceptance of him as a possibly permanent figure in her life. It's the first time WJ has ever stuck up for him.

And finally... the possible affair between JH's father and MR. Please, let's not go down this path. There are still plenty of open issues with no solutions yet. Let's just concentrate on those? We don't need to add more conflict to the pile. If it must be done, at least wrap it up quickly. A simple explanation from JH's father to his wife will do and maybe treating her with more respect, warmth, and tenderness. I do kind of feel for her as it must be a difficult situation, but I think she, too, needs to grow a backbone. She begins, courageous enough to ask her husband about MR, but falls quiet, almost docile, when he snaps back. She needs to learn to stand up to that and get the answers she's demanding. I think she's a good mom, but clearly and easily mislead. When JH and SS become a couple, I believe that SS will be like the sunshine JH's mother needs because she really does need some happiness in her life.

Whew. And that's that. I didn't think I would be ranting for this long... lol. In any case, I am very eager to see what next week brings. :D

Oh... I forgot about CW and YS. lol.

The dinner they had looked like they were attending a funeral. It was awkward and no one was smiling - they all had grim expressions on their faces. I was wondering what CW had been saying but someone posted an article related to it not too long ago so now I know. Kudos to CW for doing that. At least he realizes YS should not be the only one sacrificing.

Guest violet9004

i cannot imagine if jun ho know about this.. well pretty sure soon shin will be humiliated in front of the staff when the director scold her.. :(( we all know jun ho can be super protective toward soon shin and i would love to see what will he do with YA and of course IS.. :)>-i just want to say that our jun ho and soon shin is so lovable.. who can hate them??? their cute spontaneous act with each other.. and we can tell they REALLY comfortable with each other.. it make their scene is so real.. this time the director make sure that in every ep our OTP moment is a memorable one.. :)
as for other sister their love line is speed up same with our OTP.. so this show is moving along.. :D

Joon Ho has nice well taken care of hands. So does IU.
I remembered in Ojakgyo Brothers, when the 2 leads reunite and he was putting the ring back on her finger? Man UEE's skin was so dry. And even Joo Won did not have nicely trimmed nails.
Sorry. Like you guys don't notice things like that? It spoils the whole moment. I remembered thinking, man I can't enjoy the scene seeing her dry, dry, shiny skin. Romantic or not.

I know that JH will stand up for SS and be there for her, but I can't imagine how SS must feel to constantly have to watch her back for YA's next scheme. I literally tear up every time I see SS's crestfallen face. :(

Also, did anyone notice, in the park scene, when SS was staring, almost longingly, at JH, and he looked up after bandaging her finger, and she quickly looked away nervously? Almost like she was afraid JH would catch her and realize what she was thinking and feeling. I think I squealed. :)) lol. And replayed that scene quite a few times... :))

What an essay long post, hhehe.. but I agree with what you said.. especially the CM part. All she did was being a go-between and transfering news and made the situation worse. She mentioned MR party to YS. She mentioned marriage meeting to SS. She needs to learn how to read situation before opening up her big mouth. 

Guest iheartyou1518

byeontae version, not for 18 years old and below.. :D

SS: is it this big?JH: omo, how did you know?!

tumblr_mpkoakpAma1rlzlwyo3_250.gif

cr: as tagged

i'm sorry my muslim friends i know you are fasting.. ^:)^

it might have been answered already but i've missed it. Why does SS have to learn cooking? is it part of her role in movie?

And the Pabo couple, amidst the impending challenges, are there bantering about their height. so funny. :D

tiendoank said: What an essay long post, hhehe.. but I agree with what you said.. especially the CM part. All she did was being a go-between and transfering news and made the situation worse. She mentioned MR party to YS. She mentioned marriage meeting to SS. She needs to learn how to read situation before opening up her big mouth.  Keke. Sorry. I guess I had a lot to say. :))

I've just always felt that CM has never once been a true friend to SS. You're right. She does mention things that she shouldn't and always ends up making the situation even more difficult for SS. I don't know how a friend could be so clueless as to what someone is thinking. When SS was upset over the news about her birth mother, all CM could say is how lucky she was, but as a friend, she should know that SS doesn't feel that way. When SS got signed with Gabi, CM should have been happy for her, but she only shot SS down by saying it was impossible and acting with a bit of jealousy. She seems very materialistic as well, always gushing over the things that MR gave her without caring about how SS feels. Aish... she just makes me really mad some times.

Though... I will say... at the end of the ep, when CM just threw her stuff at IS and almost knocked him over... THAT was hilarious. :))

KatKat09 said: it might have been answered already but i've missed it. Why does SS have to learn cooking? is it part of her role in movie?

And the Pabo couple, amidst the impending challenges, are there bantering about their height. so funny. :D No, I think it's just because she wants to learn since she enjoys YH's food so much.

( ... Or maybe SS is getting ready to move out and needs to learn how to cook for herself... or maybe she's preparing to be a housewife to JH and cook delicious food for him. :)) )

Guest violet9004

KatKat09 said: it might have been answered already but i've missed it. Why does SS have to learn cooking? is it part of her role in movie?

And the Pabo couple, amidst the impending challenges, are there bantering about their height. so funny. :D

@iheartyou1518
hahahha lol that's nothing chingu,keep up the great work lol..see i think am losing my byuntea mind nowadays damn it..soo i need someone to remind JH's i should say manhood =))btw talking about byunteas where's @someone.. IJ&food were both in today's ep  ;;)

Guest maejm

keke..  SS teased JH's height in the video call , she admited without JH she felt nervous ! no wonder JH is soooo happy
LOL the banter between dr. shin & JH ..all they did was talk in circles. but JH did admit he's in love in a roundabout way. 

Archived