[Drama 2013] You're The Best Lee Soon Shin - 최고다 이순신

phoung

• Replies 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not defending her. But she manages to portray her character naturally on the screen.First off she doesn't have over the top acting.Secondly- her character is written up as a refined, well educated professional before marriage. She is not an excitable person, if she is meant to be potraying a calm character, then I think she is doing well. She is able to convey when she is sad, embarrassed, hiding a secret, concerned about her sister, amused at the Baker guy, angry with her daughter a few times when she scolded her.
It's the eyes, her eyes manages to convey the emotion. So if she is written as a soft- spoken character, then she is doing her job I say.It's not as if she is written any other way.
In fact, if we use her type of acting and character as a baseline, then compare her to the manager at the cafe. He has about the same character as her, and he is showing even less expressions as well.

Guest tabitha2

I bet baker man will bring out the fun and cute if not silly side of her that she has never been really able to express to her family...she always had to be the responsible, steady daughter , star employee and presumably the elegant poised rich mans wife.., and he'll be good for her little sourpuss spawn also :)

Guest syahrilaiyub

er isnt son tae young have plastic surgery? so its not natural(this is from my friend who tell me-but idk the truth)

Does it matter? Plastic surgery or not?Really a lot of actors in Korea have cosmetic enhancement, surgery, skin peels. That does not mean it affects the acting.Also she is not old enough to have Botox. AND even if she does, because she is so slim it would not affect her ability to portray emotions. Botox is a filler, you have to have lines to need Botox. And I think she is rich enough to have regular facials and expensive skincare products to maintain her complexion.
Good grief I am sounding like a fervent fan and I am not even one. But seriously, every time someone talks about plastic surgery for actors... they make sweeping statements. There are a whole range of options under the heading plastic surgery- which requires surgery and then you have all the aids that help you look your best- without resorting to surgery. I know double eyelid surgery and nasal augmentation are really common. So what if they have a dimple creation? Or a cleft chin? Or a chin implant? Also Botox- but really? A well done job- will not look obvious. And I think the Korean plastic surgeons are really experienced. Even University students undergo surgery before graduations just to look better for job interviews etc. So it's not restricted to the acting and singing profession.
There are several Korean actors who have had surgery and it's obvious they have had them. The most obvious ones are the actors > 45 years old. I think the face lifts were done too tight. That or the Botox shots are too frequent. Also the lips are quite a giveaway. But oh oh, I forgot. Dental veneers. I think across the board most of the acting/singing professionals have them in Korea. It's so obvious. Because it's more obvious in the smokers.
Either way her acting is not affected by plastic surgery. And if she had plastic surgery- so...? I think her face is too mobile/expressive and if it was Botox- it will be a small amount. I am more inclined to think it's expensive skincare and regular facials. I don't know which countries some of us live in. But when I worked in Asia, all the women especially the professionals sign up for a whole year's worth of facial treatments. Plus buy skin care products. Plus go for regular body wraps/ scrubs especially if the skin dehydrates with frequent air travel- work related. Then have laser treatment for any freckles. But then quite a few Asians I know buy whitening products. The cost for this quite a few years ago was at least $ 1000 or more per month. And those women LOOK good. Great skin, no lines, fresh eyes. Glowing complexion. Yeah some go for microdermabrasion.
So...puh-leez- can we leave plastic surgery out from this thread? This is not directed solely at you @syahrilaiyub. It's just that I read so many comments on here, and other threads and especially allkpop. People with no knowledge or experience in the subject matter there tend to make remarks if the acting is questionable. Or if the looks are too good- they attribute it solely to plastic surgery. It may be due to it. It probably is. But it's only one part of the person. 
I can list at least several procedures/ items I would want on myself. But in the end, I still won't look as good or beautiful.You need a beautiful base to work from. Drastic facial reconstruction require multiple surgeries and are usually for medical reasons- either from congenital defects or trauma. They involve bone grafting, skin grafting, breaking the bones- jaw etc, dental work, implants, multiple surgeries, increased risk of infection, scarring/keloid formation, scar revision surgery.Just to name a few. Plus cosmetic surgeries are usually not covered under any government medical benefits. So a huge financial cost is involved.
I seriously do not think her beauty is a result of all these works. And her sister was an ex-Miss Korea.

Guest dramagrandma

O said:

@Hannahmiriam, I may be mistaken but I think there are a few states in the US which allow "alienation of affection" lawsuits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uayEtLc2JbE

130502 Happy Together 3 - Jo Jungsuk’s words of enlightenment to IU

“Just be real… don’t purposely try to laugh, immerse yourself in the acting and laugh” (IU: and that really helped me a lot)

son tae young was a 3rd runner up of Miss Korea 2000. Most of the dramas I've watched her in, she has the same type of character.  Soft spoken, lovely, demure - rough guy falls for her.   Whether she can act out of that box, not sure.  However her personal life is not without scandal, dating many stars in the past before marrying KSW... so she's got her own antis. Yet she seems to hold her head up high.  Funny... those who have never heard of her before LSS,  thinks she's stiff at acting.  I think that's acting (maybe not great acting, nonetheless acting)... knowing people don't like you for a gazillion reasons, yet you still can portray a character that could be contrary to your real life situation.

Don't recall her having significant p-surgery, but I don't know remember seeing a pic of her before the pageant days.   She is/was friends with pre-surgery'd Park Si Yeon, and they both look pretty back then.

well... I don't know if I should post this or not, but I will and you are free to disagree. I've found a so-called picture of her before her eye surgery which was before her "pageant days". Honestly, I don't know if her eyes changed while growing up, it's the effect of the make up or she had a surgery and I don't really care but, for those who want to see how she looked as a teen, I'll put the picture in a spoiler.

041892c71882e0_full.jpg 

In magazines STY looks good but in dramas it can be seen that she has had work done on her face...unnatural look but she is beautiful...even with IU it can be seen work done..FYI there has been a lil joke online with this year's Miss Korea its been said all contestants look alike...but regardless I like IU in this drama

guys RAW version of "Happy Together with Lee soon Shi cast" is aired at Dailymotion!!! :D

PART 1
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzitgk_yyyyy-3-e297-yyy-yyy-yyy-yyy-1_creation#.UYLW30r0W_I

PART 2
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzith9_yyyyy-3-e297-yyy-yyy-yyy-yyy-2_creation#.UYLY9Ur0W_I

Ah I watched RAW version and ıt looks like they had a lot of fun. Jung Suk was most quiet guest. He was so shy.  I liked his shy character. He was so cute. Also he gave a dance performance. He was really good.
They didnt talk so much with IU and JS. Generally they talked with Yoo In Naa, ıt looks like she were a guest in the past and Tae Young and his handsome actor husband Kwon Sang Woo were main topic :\">

I liked 2nd part I liked How IU jomp over all foods and JS look at her with his puppy eyes!! poor guy! he was like no one give me food! >:D<

I hope someone sub it quickly!

Change in topic.
Isn't anyone wondering why the mother in law suddenly appeared? She is not going to accused her of not turning a blind eye to her husband's infidelities is she?

Also... Junho who was a singer is going to manage SS's acting.Now that's cute.He always tells her off in this gruff voice. But he has this gooey heart inside.However I don't sense any awareness from her.That he is a man rather than her company President. Pity that.

But as long as we don't have her mother screaming at her. I don't care.

I saw that same photo @hannahmiriam. I have to laugh at comments where people say she's looks unnatural. This is my last post on the topic. To clarify things for some of you who know about it but don't dwell on it, I don't. Normally. But since I commented on the topic might as well finish the subject.
The 2-3 procedures you can see from her pre and post photo probably only took like 4 hours in a day surgery. IF she had it. Nasal implant- just choose the size. Lasts a lifetime.
Upper blepharoplasty. Super common amongst people with single eyelids. For those prone to scar formation- you can see the tiny keloid/scars when they close their eyes. That. And the perfect semi crescent shapes. However it's only part of the person when you look at the overall face structure. Hardly anyone has symmetrical eyes. 
The 3rd procedure- that I am not willing to commit. Lateral canthus lift maybe, also really common to lift the eyes up. Not so common- the brow lift not to mention she didn't need it. This canthus lift is used for people who have eyelid drooping after a stroke, tumour or born with ptosis. To give them a more alert look. For the stroke/ brain tumour patients- to assist in their vision which was obstructed due to the disease process.
So... common procedures. Minor procedures.* snort * unnatural? I can think of countless number of people who can have BOTH or 3 of these procedures done and still won't look like her. You have to look at each person and beyond their facial features. If only it's so easy to be beautiful after a couple of hours work.
There is one surgery- major; which changes the whole face. Those people who have a chin implant and receding chins who have their jaw broken for those type of surgery. Now those people are almost unrecognizable pre and post surgery. Jaw corrective surgery. That's amazing and that involves a lot of work taking years to correct, including braces. Now that is for medical reasons because you can't eat properly- bite issues- so no, they don't do it for cosmetic reasons to get into acting I don't think.
Personally, I think the majority of the Korean singers/ actors have the height, body frame and looks. Just a few basic touch ups to enhance the nature given attributes just for your career...  so go for it. I think it's there just like singing classes and acting lessons.
And oh yeah, all of the 3 does not affect acting abilities or restrict facial expressions which is part of acting. You know why? No permanent nerve damage issues like for some surgeries.
:-*

Guest o2couplelover

Good morning

This is my first post here

I read your posts about STY acting

I think she has good face acting and she does her role in good way

But her character doesn't have that depth and power like IU & YN roles

and about her plastic surgery

I don't care about it if the actress convinces me by her character and acting skills

Archived