[Drama 2013] You're The Best Lee Soon Shin - 최고다 이순신

phoung

• Replies 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this is not much of a relevant news..But one of my favorite drama recap blog posted about YTBLSS...So I just can't resist to share it ;P
class="entry-title" style="background-color: rgb(243, 243, 255); border-width: 3px 0px 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-top-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); margin: 0px 0px 0.1em; outline: 0px; padding: 4px 40px 0.1em 0px; vertical-align: baseline; word-wrap: break-word; font-size: 22px; clear: both; font-family: 'Lucida Grande', Arial, sans-serif;"First Look at IU and the Cast of Weekend Drama The Best Lee Soon Shin
The first stills of the upcoming weekend K-drama The Best Lee Soon Shin are out. The drama is scheduled to premiere on March 9th taking over the time slot from the ratings juggernaut My Daughter Seo Young so this sounds just about right. Starring IU in her first lead role (and just her second drama), Jo Jung Seok (also his first lead role but he’s long overdue), Yoo In Na, Go Joo WonLee Mi Sook, Son Tae Young, and Lee Ji Hoon, I’m actually looking forward to this. I haven’t watched a weekend drama in months, not since the nightmare insanity of plot contrivances that was May Queen, and I checked out MDSY but found it so predicable and boring. Weekend dramas can be entertaining despite its general family-oriented topics. I was addicted to Gloria a few years ago and I’m sure there are plenty of weekend fare that hooked me in the beginning that I’ve now forgotten about. I’m extremely eager to check this out for the cast alone, even if the story sounds all sorts of cliched. Youngest daughter Lee Soon Shin finds her family in dire straits after the death of her dad so she travels to Seoul to make it as a star and earn money. Jo Jung Seok plays the director of a management agency who is cold and arrogant and through meeting cheerful plucky Lee Soon Shin and falling in love, he realizes the error of his ways. LOL, I did not make this up. Lee Mi Sook is also a huge draw for me, and here she plays a former top starlet who takes Soon Shin under her wing and mentors her, and turns out she has a secret connection with Soon Shin’s mom. Double LOL, I bet I know what that is. Yoo In Na as the second sister also has her own cute love line with Go Joo Won, who plays her classmate but initially has a crush on youngest sister Soon Shin but these two later bicker their way to love. 

The cast of Lee Soon Shin actually didn’t take the typical days off last week during Lunar New Year celebrations and instead all gathered in a mountain resort to bond and study the script together. I’m hoping this dedication and professionalism yields tangible results and the cast chemistry will be excellent. Like I said, this isn’t anything new but with the right cast, deft writing that doesn’t dumb down the viewers, and a capable PD, it might be watchable and hopefully will be more than that and be surprisingly entertaining.

http://koalasplayground.com

BDhI_ddCEAA4wqw.jpg:large
2013022017185574_1_rstarkmm.jpg
http://reviewstar.hankooki.com/Article/ArticleView.php?WEB_GSNO=10092507

image_readtop_2013_129880_13613242238453
http://star.mk.co.kr/new/view.php?mc=ST&no=129880&year=2013

20130220112620_5124344c15170_1.jpg
http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201302200820172510

Yoo Inna & Go Joowon will take audience requests if drama rating passes 50% mark!

BDhYxJzCQAAXTll.jpg:large cr:Issue_Seoul

ANOTHER POSITIVE DRAMA-RECAP BLOG POST! YAY. 
soprettay2.jpg

class="entry-title" style="background-color: rgb(243, 243, 255); border-width: 3px 0px 1px; border-top-style: solid; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-top-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); border-bottom-color: rgb(102, 102, 102); margin: 0px 0px 0.1em; outline: 0px; padding: 4px 40px 0.1em 0px; vertical-align: baseline; word-wrap: break-word; font-size: 22px; clear: both; font-family: 'Lucida Grande', Arial, sans-serif;"The Best Lee Soon Shin Drops Thumbs Up Character Stills I have one thing to ask of the upcoming weekend family drama The Best Lee Soon Shin – please be bright and cheery. With the upcoming sageuk glut not to mention love love melodramas such asThat Winter, The Wind Blows and When a Man Loves, I could use a breezy alternative on weekends that isn’t too much of a commitment but addicting enough to follow week-to-week. I know family dramas typically start off interesting enough and then go down the makjang drain, or hit hard on the makjang factor from the get to. I don’t mind makjang if it is accompanied by a less ham-handed way of presenting it. I actually thought Brilliant Legacy/Shining Inheritance straddled the line quite well and make what was otherwise a pretty standard storyline something that was inexplicably appealing. I’m looking for the same vibe from TBLSS, and definitely steer away from the boring that was its predecessor My Daughter Seo Young. Airing on SBS and on this earlier time slot, this drama would have to majorly suck to not get decent ratings. With first time leads IU and Jo Jung Seok leading a young cast along with Go Joo Won, Yoo In Na, Son Tae Young, and Lee Ji Hoon, there are plenty of veterans to lure in the ahjummas as well. With Lee Mi Sook playing a former top actress and Kim Gab Soo playing Jo Jung Seok’s dad, these two reuniting in a drama is already enough to get me onboard. The first character posters and stills have been released and I’m loving all of them! SO CUTE! It’s nothing groundbreaking but does present a very appealing cast showcasing a very cheerful vibe. I know some folks have expressed worry with the 13-year age difference between 32 year old Jo Jung Seok and 19 year old IU, but for some reason I think they would really have chemistry and click well. Both are phenomenal singers in real life, in addition to acting, and have such sunny dispositions and twinkly smiles. Perhaps I’m putting too much faith into my expectations but so far these stills only add to my belief that this is going to be a fun cast to watch. My only quibble is that I love Jo Jung Seok’s hairstyle in these poster and character stills, but in the pictures below when he is on set he sports a different asymmetrical bowl-ish style haircut that is hideous. Oh well, since its a long weekend drama here’s to hoping for some haircut changes later on. Otherwise everyone is looking suitably smashing!

Source: http://koalasplayground.com :)

BDjyzx-CMAAZ7dJ.jpg:large
IU was filming 'YTBLSS' @ Cheongdam-dong cafe (cr:egghead_me)

0351273B51258B8416A68A

The news report says that IU did her scenes with little to no NG and the production crews are praising her acting skill =D
"with IU's great acting, it seems like 50% ratings is no longer a dream" (cr: squishy)

tumblr_mijz3p1X9h1ric8rqo2_1280.jpgtumblr_mijz3p1X9h1ric8rqo3_1280.jpgtumblr_mijz3p1X9h1ric8rqo1_1280.jpg
BDlqnP5CEAE5No5.jpg:large
class="cb b15"First Look at IU in “Lee Soon Sin Is The Best”

Actress and singer IU is ready to portray the lead role of Lee Soon Sin in “Lee Soon Sin Is The Best”

New pictures of the actress in the middle of filming were revealed on February 21st.

In the pictures, taken during her first filming schedule on February 19th, IU is seen performing her role in different locations.

IU showed impressive acting skills, and wowed the staff of the drama. She showed a bright and cheerful attitude while acting. In one scene she had to show emotion, and she was able to cry instantly with no problem.

She also had to film in Gwanghwamun in a suit and even though it was really cold, she did her best and had no NGs. After she was done, she took a charismatic picture in front of the statue of commander Yi Soon Shin.

The staff is also impressed with her passion towards acting, the production company said, “IU has been showing a lot of effort and commitment to acting. She has surpassed all of our expectations. I think we will be able to hit the 50% in ratings.”

An official from her agency also commented, “She is always showing her love for acting. Her determination is amazing.”

“Lee Soon Sin Is The Best” will start airing on March 9th, following “My Daughter Seo Young”

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/8096/20130221/first-look-iu-lee-soon-sin-best.htm

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: initial; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: white; font-weight: bold; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, sans-serif; border-bottom-style: none; border-bottom-color: initial; letter-spacing: -1px; "IU cries in the middle of shooting of Lee Soon Sin is the Best

February 21, 2013 10:30 am eternalc2h

2013022108130475903_1.jpgIU enthusiastically participated in the shooting of KBS 2TV’s new drama series Lee Soon Sin is the Best, which was recently done.

On February 21, the crew of the series reported that IU shot the series outside on February 19.

As soon as the shooting started, she focused on the emotion of her character and cried immediately. Despite the cold weather, she focused on her acting, exposing her legs.

IU finished the shooting without making a mistake. After the shooting, she posed in front of the statue of Admiral Lee Soon Sin for her fans.

2013022108130475903_2.jpgA Story, the production company of the series, says, “IU is really enthusiastic about acting. Her acting and her attitude toward acting are all more than we expected. We think we can achieve the audience rating of 50 percent.”

Lee Soon Sin is the Best tells a story about a mother and a daughter, who suddenly lose her husband and her father, seeking happiness. Around the main character’s love story, it will talk about family, identity, and the real meaning of happiness.

The series stars IU, Jo Jung Suk, Son Tae Young, Yoo In Na, and Go Joo Won and will start airing on March 9 after Seoyoung is My Daughter ends.

Guest misspinky

I know the drama is more about IU and yoo inna but lee mi sook looks really pretty. some of her characters are pretty hateful but she is a gorgeous and talented actress. also, the cast looks promising. can't wait! 

Guest sanghun99

IU5.jpg

IU cries in the middle of shooting of Lee Soon Sin is the Best

http://koreandrama.com/iu-cries-in-the-middle-of-shooting-of-lee-soon-sin-is-the-best/

class="cb b15"First Look of Jo Jung Suk in “Lee Soon Sin Is The Best”

image.jpg?w=600

Actor Jo Jung Suk has successfully transformed into his character.

New pictures of the actor on his first day of filming were released on February 18th.

The actor plays the role of Shin Joon Ho, an arrogant, mean, and cold CEO of an entertaining agency.

The first filming took place on February 17th, and it is said that he showed a lot professionalism and cheerful attitude.

It was also revealed the actor specifically lost weight to portray his role better.

“Lee Soon Sin Is The Best” is about a family who has to deal with the challenges of loosing their father. Lee Soon Sin, the youngest of the family travels to Seoul, and becomes a big star, with the help of a business man.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/8070/20130220/first-look-jo-jung-suk-lee-soon.htm

viewimage.php?id=drama&no=29bcc427b68177

Go Joo Won's still cuts!!! He's SO freaking hot with the capital H ;-)"Go Joo-won plays the boy next door, literally the kid who grows up in the next house over, and is classmates with Yoo-shin. He’s a dermatologist and a particularly sweet oppa to IU’s character Soon-shin. In fact, growing up next door to the family, he’s always seen the second sister give the maknae a hard time, and has had a one-sided crush on the little sister for a really long time." - http://dramabeans.com

Son tae young's still cuts

N2013022209311483701.jpgimage_readtop_2013_136456_13614932068472

Son Tae-yeong, is she really a mother?

Actress Son Tae-yeong's beauty and talent is shining in "Lee Soon-sin is the Best".

Son Tae-yeong takes on the role of Lee Soon-sin's eldest sister Lee Hye-sin who has the beauty, the skills, and personality every parent would want.

Son appeared wearing a dress to the poster site on the 15th. She is the mother of a child but her slender body fit the dress so well.

Son Tae-yeong's maturity and secure acting is obviously changed, according to a staff member. It was lucky they got to cast Son for the role of Lee Hye-sin.

"Lee Soon-sin is the Best" is about a mother and her daughters finding happiness after their father's sudden death. To be aired on the 9th of March after "My Daughter Seo-yeong".

http://www.hancinema.net/son-tae-yeong-is-she-really-a-mother--53109.html

Jungwoo
2013022201001412700119831.jpg

273EB9425127864A2F1E50

26158E3551278685144A60

213C304A5127874B1609D5

20074135512830E31D1D37

0215B839512830DE180E98

23206D39512830D80D394F

2104654E512830D2310F0A

2238263E512830C70B06CF

271BC434512830BE0428CA

IU seen filming in Mexicana Chicken Restaurant?? What a coincidence! IU's currently their model. Is Mexicana sponsoring the drama? 2 weeks to go til the drama airs!  :-SS 
pics taken from daum cafe : http://bit.ly/XrtE0o & http://bit.ly/WgSo89

"You're The Best, Lee Soon Shin"s TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!! love how I can already see some good chemistry waiting for us in the future ;p March 9 come faster!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9VIPBVdtmU&feature=youtu.be&a

Archived