Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phoung

[Drama 2013] You're The Best Lee Soon Shin - 최고다 이순신

13826709.jpg

IU Says Her Strength is in Her Lack of Beauty

IU said her strength is in her beauty, or, as she says, her lack thereof.

The press conference for You′re the Best Lee Soon Shin was held on March 4. IU, Ko Doo Sim, Lee Mi Sook, Jo Jeong Seok, Son Tae Young, Yoo In Na and other members of the cast were present to talk about the drama.When asked what strengths she would have to show in the drama, IU answered with a laugh, "Other actresses look pretty even when they′re not supposed to. I′m confident I′ll be able to not look pretty in such situations, since I′m actually not pretty."

IU will appear as the lead Lee Soon Shin, the youngest member of a successful family. Despite her family′s successes, however, she seems to have failed to inherit any talent, and is marked as an oddball. She then meets the head of an agency, named Shin Joon Ho (Jo Jeong Seok), and he turns her life around.

"I′m most confident that I can look as shabby and pathetic as Soon Shin is supposed to look without any need for special effects," she said to applause from her cast.

Ko Doo Sim joked, "It was the first time I saw IU, and I found she has friendly looks. She didn′t look out of place on set."

IU introduced her role as "a girl born a loser with no looks, abilities or traits," and said, "I believe my being cast for You′re the Best Lee Soon Shin is a chance given to me by the heavens. I′ll work hard."

You′re the Best Lee Soon Shin is about a mother and daughter who get caught up in unexpected trouble following the death of the father. It will air its first episode on March 9.
http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=30544

U & Jo Jung Suk Interview during poster shooting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVafLONDRzo&feature=youtu.be

IU.jpg
class="post-title"IU Talks About Her Anxieties Acting in You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin

During a KBS 2TV press conference for You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin, IU admitted that she has anxieties about being a main character. She said, ”Honestly, my only acting experience was during KBS 2TV Dream High as Pil Suk, so I was very worried.” She also added that she felt undeserving of the part but decided to stick through it with everyone’s support. IU said, “I wanted to believe everyone’s faith in me.”

IU asserted that she will work extra hard on both acting and singing, asking fans to anticipate her new album release along with her drama appearance. Meanwhile, You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin will start airing on March 9th.

http://blog.dramafever.com/2013/03/iu-admits-her-worries-for-her-upcoming-drama/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dramafeverblog+%28DramaFever+Blog%29

IU Confesses about her New Drama Role, “I Worried about if I would Do Well”

IU Confesses about her New Drama Role, "I Worried about if I would Do Well"

Singer and actress IU revealed her thoughts on her first lead role in a drama.

Today at the KBS “Best Lee Soon Shin” press conference, the cast for the drama came together.

IU commented, “I honestly was worried as I’ve only had one acting role before.”

She continued, “Being a lead role for a weekend drama is a big thing and I was worried on whether or not I was fit for this role. While I was debating about this role, the producers and directors supported me. It was because of their support and their confidence in me that I decided to take on this role.”

She added that she would work hard in both acting and singing. Please keep a look out for both the drama and my new album soon.”

This drama will be the new drama to come after “My Daughter Seoyoung” and will begin airing on March 9.

http://www.ohkpop.com/98675/iu-confesses-about-her-new-drama-role-i-worried-about-if-i-would-do-well

IU "I told my mother about my drama and she…"

Singer and actress IU got the question, "How was your family's reaction when you told them about your drama casting?" at the press releasing event of the upcoming KBS 2TV weekend drama, "Lee Soon-sin is the Best".

She answered, "My mother and grandmother love weekend KBS dramas. My mother said, "How can I see you after watching Lee Bo-yeong?" and I told her that Soon-shin also becomes prettier later".

"I told her that the character is quite pathetic at first -- my family supports me a lot".

IU takes on the role of Lee Soon-shin. She was the loner out of the family of two sisters but she earns a turning point in her life thanks to a man named Sin Joon-ho.

Meanwhile, "Lee Soon-sin is the Best" is about a mother and her daughters struggling to get life back and find happiness after the sudden death of the father. To be aired for the first time on the 9th, this month.

http://www.hancinema.net/iu-i-told-my-mother-about-my-drama-and-sheo-53490.html

'You're the best Lee Soonshin', IU "Working with Yoo Inna is a sign from Heaven"

V1rizH8.jpg
IU displayed her bond with her best friend Yoo Inna.

During the 'You're the best Lee Soonshin' press conference, IU stated, "Throughout the years, Yoo Inna unnie was the one that treated me the best. She knows all of my emotional and physical problems. After receiving the synopsis, she was the first person that I talked to. She was the one that cheered me on the most, saying that I should take this role and when I heard that she got the role of Yooshin, it made me so happy that I couldn’t sleep."

IU showed her gratitude, stating. "Inna unnie always cheered me on when she even when she wasn't there during the filming.”

zLKVpEw.jpg

'You’re the best Lee Soonshin' IU's feelings on her first leading role character "I'm confident playing the role of the ‘not pretty’ Lee Soonshin"

IU had gotten the role of the leading character, Lee Soonshin, in the drama 'You're the best Lee Soonshin'. She explained, "Lee Soonshin is a loser. She has no special skills but due to her daring personality, she is able to overcome hardships."

She had revealed, "When they offered me the role of a leading character in the KBS weekend drama, I was worried, wondering if I could do it. However the PD and the writers trusted me so I was able to become more confident. To add on, in most of the dramas when the character isn't supposed to be pretty, the actress playing that role often still looks pretty. So I'm confident that I'll be able to portray a character that's not pretty since I'm not pretty."

Translation: -Hope @ weheartiu
Source: 1,2
http://weheartiu.com/forums/topic/8473-130305-youre-the-best-lee-soonshin-iu-reveals-her-thoughts-about-the-drama/page__pid__144318#entry144318

'You're the best Lee Soonshin', Lee Jinhoon compliments "IU thoroughly prepared herself."

AsztVYB.jpg
Actor Lee Jihoon, who debuted as a singer, complimented his junior, IU.

Lee Jihoon will be playing the part as Kim Younghoon, who will look after Lee Soonshin (IU) while she goes through hardships.

He stated, "I don't know how they got an actress who matches the character of Lee Soonshin so well. I think she prepared herself more than I thought she would."

He continued, "Unlike during my time, there are a lot of cases where actors debut while they're still in their training. So I don't know if it's because they are given advice on how to act right on the set but comparing to my generation of singers that became actors, I think this generation is doing better."

'You're the best Lee Soonshin', Jo Jungsuk "Acting with IU, my family calls me a thief"

FF8pWYc.jpg
Jo Jungsuk revealed his worries regarding acting along side with IU, who is 13 years younger than him.

Jo Jungsuk will be playing the part as Shin Joonho. Shin Joonho will make a bet with his former girlfriend, Choi Yuna (Played by Kim Yoonsuh), that he could make Lee Soonshin (played by IU) into a top star.

When asked about acting with IU, he had revealed, "My family called me a thief. I hope this comment won't become a big issue but it's true. Although we have a large age gap, if IU is ok with it, I will try my best to portray our romantic relationship in the drama."

'You're the best Lee Soonshin', Go Dushim "IU's burden-less looks"

LAT2K61.jpg
Actress, Go Dushim did not fail to shower IU with compliments.

When asked about her thoughts on IU, Go Dushim had replied, "We recorded few scenes together but it didn't feel like we came from different eras."

She continued, "Truthfully, her looks don't burden me. I thought it would be hard for her to do an emotional scene. However, it really surprised me when she just poured out everything during those scenes. It made me think that when a person tries their best in their work, no matter what situation they're put in, they can always show their true qualities. You'll be able to see her brilliant acting."

'You're the best Lee Soonshin', PD "Casting IU? Your worries will be washed away after the 1st episode"

EQCvkB5.jpg
How did singer IU get the leading role in the KBS weekend drama?

When Yoon Sungsik PD was asked why he chose IU to take on a role of a girl that would be called a 'loser', he responded, "When I read the synopsis, the image I got of Lee Soonshin was of a short girl that looked cute rather than glamorous. I thought about actresses that looked like that but I personally thought IU was perfect for that image. After seeing her act in 'Dream High' it definitely showed me her potential as an actress."

However, after meeting IU, Yoon PD was sure of his decision about casting IU. He explained, "I'm confident when saying I think she became the perfect 'Lee Soonshin' after working for a month. I'm sure a lot of people are worried but after seeing the first two episodes, I think everyone's worries will be all washed away."

Translation: -Hope @ weheariu
Source: 1,2,3,4
http://weheartiu.com/forums/topic/8472-130304-youre-the-best-lee-soonshin-lee-jinhoon-jo-jungsuk-go-dushim-and-yoo-pds-thoughts-on-ius-acting/page__pid__144316#entry144316

Looking forward to it.  IU is such a talented star, she can sing and act.  The other cast are amazing as well.  Can't wait to watch.

tumblr_mj6nfsGmRV1ric8rqo1_1280.jpg
CR:ㄹㅇㄴ

tumblr_mj6llctmEZ1qh1uhdo1_250.giftumblr_mj6llctmEZ1qh1uhdo2_250.gif tumblr_mj6llctmEZ1qh1uhdo3_250.giftumblr_mj6llctmEZ1qh1uhdo4_r1_250.gif tumblr_mj6llctmEZ1qh1uhdo5_r1_250.giftumblr_mj6llctmEZ1qh1uhdo6_250.gif cr:iulicious@tumblr

201303060813502510_1.jpg
http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201303060813502510

2304404951349991056FF8

130306 Good Morning Korea - YTBLSS Filming BTS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duxlv4_YHTQ&feature=youtu.be

KBS주말드라마 최고다 이순신(You Are The Best!) 1회 예고 (preview ep- 1) 

2013년 3월 9일 저녁 07:55 KBS 2tv 

KBS 2tv 09:55pm (KST) on March 9, 2013

by:KBSdrama

class="cb b15" IU, Will She Become "You're the Best, IU?"2304404951349991056FF8

Korea's little sister IU will attempt to transform into Korea's Daughter.

The new KBS drama "You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin" that is scheduled to air its first episode on March 9 is expected to continue the drama hype in Korea.

The father in "You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin" played by actor Jung Dong Hwan passes away suddenly, leaving his family behind. The storyline will focus on the process of his youngest daughter Lee Soon Shin (IU) achieving her dreams and experiencing love. Her mother Kim Jung Ae (Ko Doo Shim) is loving and fully supportive of her daughter but the story will tangle up when Lee Soon Shin's biological mother Song Mi Ryung (Lee Min Sook) appears in the picture.

The main complication is the storyline will be the secret of Lee Soon Shin's birth. It is a part of Lee Soon Shin that she will not be able to leave behind in her baby steps to becoming a top star.

IU will become an ugly duckling through her role as Lee Soon Shin. Unlike her perfect sisters who have all succeeded, she is portrayed as a typical 20-something-year-old with countless flaws. IU will have to bring a lot to the table in order to become accepted as a "singer transformed into actress" title.

The character Lee Soon Shin appears to have a lot of similarities to IU. Both are in their early 20s, both are top stars at the end of the story and experience a lot of hardships before their fame. We will have to watch the drama to see if the story is based on IU's life. IU have previously appeared on KBS "Dream High", but the role was not something that could be critiqued on a professional level.

In addition, "You're the Best, Lee Soon Shin" is the creation of Yoon Sung Shik PD, who explained, "When you look at the synopsis, Lee Soon Shin's image is not glamorous, but cute. After meeting IU, I was sure. After working together for a month, she is completely consumed by her character. A number of people are concerned about her acting but we are sure all worries will dissipate when the first episode airs."

He added, "Of course, the viewing rate is an important factor but we want this story to be fresh and have a lasting impression. We don't have a lot of money and are not the best in the industry but we are special. That perspective is the message we want to send out through this drama."

IU also expressed her confidence in portraying her character without any issues.

It will be interesting to watch whether this new concept aimed at the younger generation of viewers will be able to come out of this industry alive.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/8331/20130306/iu-will-become-youre-best.htm

130301 You’re the Best, Lee Soon Shin Ep 1 Preview

“Would you like to be an actress?”

“Actress!”

“Not in my dream!”

“Is this Shin Joon-ho?”

“Positive!”

One Day…

“Now it’s coming to me at last. Never go with a submissive stance, Shin Jun-ho.”

“My abilities? How do you want me to demonstrate it?”

“Her, right there. Make her into a star”

…An Encounter Seemingly Like a Coincidence…

“Is this woman an ajumma or a miss?”

“Ajumma!”

“You… you work here?”

“Shall we start?”

“Have you met someone?”

“Someone that knows of your past.”

“Never step back. I’ll push you forward with everything I’ve got”

…Their Lovely Romance Story

“The nation’s hero, Yi Soon Shin!”

“Yi Soon Shin’s only worth 100 won*. You expect yourself to be worth a thousand?”

“I’ve just got conned…”

“What an acting I’m doing right now…”

*note: Admiral Yi Soon Shin is the figure depicted in the 100-won coin of South Korea, arguably one of the most common forms of coin in circulation.

http://koreandrama.com/youre-the-best-yi-soon-shin-video-trailer/

tumblr_mjbk28Ew6L1qz9daco1_1280.jpgtumblr_mjbcr3ovO61qh1uhdo2_r1_1280.jpgtumblr_mjbcr3ovO61qh1uhdo2_r2_1280.jpg
http://tvdaily.mk.co.kr/read.php3?aid=1362695192477608002

20130308_1362686545_18542400_1.jpg
cr:jo jung suk's twitter

Yoo In Na with Goo Joo Won - BTS + Interview of KBS You’re The Best,Lee Soon Shin Photoshoot!

IU with kim-kwangkyu
tumblr_mjc993RsVI1qz9daco1_500.jpg

tumblr_mjdod3DGol1ric8rqo1_400.png

he plays rookie actor (cr: his twitter-ckbust2)
2e4bzg8.png

BE0OEmwCcAIHtK8.jpg:largeBEYUZQTCYAAAOh2.jpg:largeBEM1InwCUAAIclO.jpg:large

Actor Choi Kang Won Cast As IU's Rival In 'You're The Best, Yi Soon Shin'

Rookie actor Choi Kang-won will appear in the upcoming drama ‘You’re the Best, Yi Soon Shin’.

Playing a rookie actor preparing for his debut, like his present situation, he will play the role of Go Jae-beom, a rival of IU’s role ‘Yi Soon-shin’.

The character is an actor trainee, preparing for his debut after he misses an opportunity to make his debut in an idol group. He works in the same coffee shop where Soon-shin works, while preparing for his debut.

Being a confident man, almost to the point of being arrogant, hhe tries to lecture Soon-shin on various topics, but ends up getting a lesson from her when she makes her debut before him.

http://koreandrama.com/actor-choi-kang-won-cast-as-ius-rival-in-youre-the-best-yi-soon-shin/

class="entry-title" style="margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 1.8em; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); letter-spacing: -1px;"IU, Yoo In Na, and Son Tae Young snuggle together as sisters

20130307_iusontaeyoungyooinna_sisters.jp

IUYoo In Na, and Son Tae Young, who play the three sisters of ’You’re the Best, Lee Soon Shin‘,amped up the anticipation for the upcoming drama as they posed side by side, looking very much like actual siblings.

IU, the main character whom the show is named after, will portray the youngest out of the bunch, if that wasn’t already obvious. She’ll also have the most complicated love line in the story as there will be a 4-way love triangle, or a love-square, involving her.

Her older sisters played by Yoo In Na and Son Tae Young will also have their own sweet love stories.Yoo In Na will find herself in the middle of a cute, warm romance with a childhood friend, and Son Tae Young will initially suffer through a painful marriage, but find her true love during the drama.

You’ll get to see these three soon enough as the first episode of the drama is set to air later tonight (9th)!

Source: allkpop

YTBLSS' streaming link: http://kpopstream.wix.com/streams#!home/mainPage
Click the KBS link!
If the link's not working (Plugins not available), go to http://videolan.org and click "Install VLC"then run the .exe file, click next--->finish. Then go back to the kpopstream page and refresh.  ;)