[Drama 2013] Advertising Genius Lee Tae-baek 광고천재 이태백

Felicia Soh

Guest poh2408

i like this drama~ chemistry between tae baek & jiyoon is great. Love all their scences together. Always make me smile, esp the part where he asked her y is she being so nice to him all the time, does she like him (ep4, pretending to be a beggar), and when she calls him he always have this smiling face and president ma even teased him. haha....Next ep seems exciting. Cant wait for the showdown between geumsan & GRC. Will jiyoons cover be blown, i think not that fast. Probably when taebaek and jiyoon starts to develop real feelings for each other.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Han Chae Young posted this photo on her weibo account today, Feb 14, with this message:  "Filming Ad Genius with my friend of 10 years Jo Hyun Jae!  Here are some chocolates for everyone!  Please accept our love!  Happy Valentine's Day!"
Both JHJ and HCY have many Chinese fans because of the popularity of their drama "Only You"  in Mainland China which have been on constant re-run on the Chinese TV Channel Hunan Satellite TV (HSTV).  JHJ and HCY have been good friends even before they filmed "Only You" in 2005 because they used to belong to the same management agency, Star J.

Ad Genius Ep 4 - 03
Article link: http://media.daum.net/entertain/enews/view?newsid=20130214151710130

It seems that Viki has finished English subs for Ep. 03 - http://www.viki.com/channels/11669-lee-tae-baek/videos/87223/1
I do think that the pacing of the drama has been getting better and the episodes are getting more interesting! (Although, as a Secret stan, I wish there was more of Soran)

Guest misspinky

^her character's simple. she was raised in an environment where she felt inferior, her mom is like a bar-maid where guys go there for drinks and they do touch her inappropriately. her dad is a fisherman who has gambling issues.

going up in that environment, she vows not to be the same and also her mom drills that in her head not to be like her.

I don't think she's bad but I do suppose she will do things that will definitely have the viewers swearing at her since tae baek seems like an awesome and sweet boyfriend.

would love to see how the story unravels between baek ji yoon and addy kang. although I don't really like his character at the moment since he's at the top already, he seems horribly ambitious to climb even higher.

This article analyzes why Ad Genius is not rating well in SKorea.  I am posting the article here just in case someone wants to translate the whole article.

Some highlights:

- story about the advertising world is not fun

- 8 out of 20 people surveyed say that they don't know about the drama (Comment:  Doesn't that mean that there is a failure on the part of the producer and the network to advertise/promote the drama?  And this is a drama about advertising!)

- People have a negative preconceived notion about the world of advertising.  

The rest I don't understand anymore!^^  If someone would like to translate the whole article for our enlightenment, then that would be great!

천재에 '빠지지 않는' 시청자들, 어쩌나… 입력시간 : 2013.02.15 07:02:19

'쉽게 생각해 멍청아!(Keep It Simple Stupid!)' 광고인들 사이에서 유명한 '키스(K.I.S.S.)법칙'이다. '기발한 아이디어를 떠올리겠다고 머리를 쥐어짜면 뭐가 나오나. 그럴수록 단순하게 접근해야 본질이 보인다'는 뜻이다.

광고인들의 치열한 24시를 그리겠다는 포부로 실존 인물인 이제석 광고 디렉터를 모티브로 삼은 KBS 2TV 월화 미니시리즈 '광고천재 이태백'. 4%대의 전국 시청률은 반등의 기미를 보이지 않는다. '도대체, 왜!'라며 깊은 고민에 빠질 때가 아니다. 

광고 드라마답게 광고인들의 마인드로 접근해봤다. 제일기획 이노션 LG애드 TBWA SK M&C 등 국내에서 손꼽히는 대형광고기획사를 비롯해 서울 홍대 신사동 등에 자리한 중ㆍ소형 광고기획사 관계자 20명에게 물었다. "'광고천재 이태백'은 왜 시청자의 마음을 얻지 못할까?" "쉽게 생각해, 광고드라마는 원래 재미가 없어."

소통능력 떨어질 수밖에 없는 광고드라마
#無관심-"그래서 저게 뭐 어떻다는 건데"

광고인들은 왜 광고드라마를 재미없다고 단정지을까? 20명 중 8명이 "사실 바빠서 드라마를 본 적이 없다"고 했고, 20명 중 2명이 "그런 드라마가 있는 줄 모른다"고 답했음에도 말이다.

드라마는 시청자의 공감과 이해를 구하는 장이다. 말도 안 된다는 '막장' 드라마도 "표현이 극단적일 뿐, 단순하게 생각하면 모두 사람 사는 보통 이야기와 다를 게 없다"는 게 광고인들의 생각이다.

반면 광고드라마는 시청자와의 소통능력이 떨어질 수밖에 없는 태생적 한계를 안고 있다. 시청자들로 하여금 '나와 비슷한 사람'이란 생각은 물론 '어디선가 들어본 것 같은 지인들의 이야기'란 느낌을 주기 어렵다는 것.

광고인들은 태생적 한계의 이유를 이야기 소재에서 찾았다. 시청자들이 관심 있는 건 남녀주인공이 결혼을 하느냐 마느냐, 주인공이 죽느냐 마느냐의 '사람 문제'지, 주인공이 만든 과자 광고가 얼마나 멋졌는지, 자동차 광고 아이디어가 얼마나 획기적이었는지는 아니라는 의미다. 

LG애드의 한 관계자는 "광고세계가 흥미로운 건 사실이지만 그것이야 말로 '우리들이 사는 세상'에서나 그렇지 일반 시청자들이 혹할 일은 아닐 것 같다"고 말했다.

'오그라드는 상황연출'이란 지적도 이러한 연장선상에 있다. 극중 '구겨진 종이가 멀리 날아간다'는 광고문구에 등장인물들이 감동하고 종로 한복판에서 진행된 광고이벤트가 한파 속에서도 성황을 이루는 모습에 감격하는 광고인들의 모습은 혹자들에게 '저게 그래서 뭐 어떻다는 건데'라는 식으로 다가올 지도 모른다는 것.

제일기획의 한 관계자는 "응급실에 실려온 환자를 극적으로 구해내는 의학드라마의 한 장면은 시청자들에게 감동을 주지만 위기에 빠진 광고회사를 한 줄의 카피가 살리는 상황을 보면 '오그라든다'고 반응할 거다"며 "그만큼 시청자들이 피부로 느끼기엔 멀고 어려운 소재다"고 분석했다.

'과장' 부정적 이미지 흥행 방해
#非호감-"광고, 그거 다 '뻥' 아니야?"

광고에 대한 선입견도 광고드라마의 흥행성공을 방해하는 요인이다. 광고는 '허위'나 '과장'이란 표현으로 부정적인 이미지를 쌓기도 했다. 광고의 궁극적인 목표가 소비자의 지갑을 열게 만드는 데 있고 사람들도 모르는 사이 이들의 인식을 지배하는 속임수일 뿐이라는 편견도 작용한다.

한 광고대행사의 관계자는 "요즘은 유튜브를 통해 해외유명영상을 접하거나 크리에이티브 측면에서 '기발하다' '재미있다'며 화제가 되는 경우도 종종 있다"면서 "하지만 일부 부정적인 시선으로 광고를 바라보는 집단층도 뚜렷하기 때문에 광고드라마가 호감으로 비춰지기 어려울 것 같다"고 밝혔다.

실제로 LG애드 광고기획자(AE) 출신인 '광고천재 이태백'의 박기호 PD는 이와 관련해 다른 의견을 내놨다. 광고 자체가 사람들의 실생활에서 뗄래야 뗄 수 없는 밀접한 존재라는 것. 라면 화장품 휴대전화 등 제품구매나 'OO기업은 이런 일을 한다더라'는 배경지식까지 은연중에 접한 광고의 영향을 받는다는 설명이다. 

박기호 PD는 "광고세계를 드라마로 만드는데 있어서 시청자들이 최대한 쉽고 친절하게 따라올 수 있도록 노력하고 있다"며 "어떻게 보면 광고가 굉장히 익숙한 소재이기 때문에 이야기가 잘 전달될 거라 믿는다"고 전했다.

모티브 이제석의 성장과정 보여줘야
#生사람-"이태백을 살려라"

'광고천재 이태백'은 이대로 공감형성 실패작으로 남을 수밖에 없나. SK M&C의 한 관계자는 "드라마의 모티브가 된 이제석과 '광고천재 이제석'이란 저서를 보면 주인공이 어떻게 성장했는지가 보인다"며 "하지만 드라마에선 이미 '우리는 얘가 얼마나 천재인질 알아줘야 해'라는 식으로 전개된다"고 말했다.

이러한 상황을 살리기 위해 일각에서는 이제석의 이야기에서 좀 더 아이디어를 얻어야 한다는 의견도 내놓는다. 정글처럼 벌레가 우글거리거나 밤마다 옆집 남녀의 사생활 소음에 시달려야 하는 방에서도 공모전 출품에 매달린 미국생활, 성적 취향이 독특한 룸메이트나 씻지 않는 백인 남자를 보며 떠올린 광고 아이디어 등 그 사람의 성격이 드러나는 성장스토리가 '광고천재 이태백'엔 빠져있다.

이에 대해 박기호 PD는 "이제석이란 인물이 가진 '정복적인 사고관', 즉 생각을 바꿔서 세상의 틀을 나에게 맞추는 그런 호연지기의 자세를 보여주고 싶었다"며 "이제석과 이태백을 비교하기보단 '마음가짐을 바꾸면 행복해질 수 있다'는 메시지에 집중한다면 우리 드라마에 보다 애정을 가질 수 있을 것"이라고 설명했다.

기사 보러 가기 ===> http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/201302/sp20130215070219125360.htm

class="entry-title" style="margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 1.8em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; letter-spacing: -1px;"SECRET’s Sunhwa and Kim Bum donate 300 kg of rice from fans to a welfare organizationby pkdance - 

rice.jpg

SECRET‘s Sunhwa and actor Kim Bum recently donated 300 kg (~661 lbs) of rice to a social welfare organization located in Paju, Gyeonggido.

Social enterprise Nanum Store revealed that they had delivered Sunhwa and Kim Bum’s donated rice to the welfare organization on the 14th. The bags of rice were given by fans during the press conferences of Kim Bum’s drama ‘Wind Blows In Winter‘ and Sunhwa’s drama ‘Advertisement Genius Lee Tae Baek‘ to congratulate the two stars.

The two stars donated the bags of rice to Nanum’s ‘Rice Bank’, which were then distributed by Nanum to help people in need on Valentine’s Day, a perfect day to share the love.

Tip: kopxpert

Credit: Allkpop

Archived