Travelling to Korea for Plastic Surgery

Guest goldceries

• 3 weeks later...
Guest alyalya

i'm searching for someone who will done a plastic surgery in koreastart from looking for a good hospital, accommodation, etcemail me at nigahiga0606@yahoo.com

Guest sanarae

Cosmetic procedures are commonplace especially in Seoul and the big cities - if you watch K-dramas, you can see characters casually chatting about it, and the same is no different IRL amongst women (and men!). I'm half-Korean and I've been to some of the celebrity clinics (long story) for consultations. I have Korean relatives who've done procedures, major and minor. It's not considered strange at all - I'd compare it to getting orthodontics in the States or a new ear piercing. As long as you're doing it for YOU and not because anyone else is pressuring you to do so, I don't see the problem. However: I notice a fair number of people travelling to Korea for cosmetic surgery without consulting the doctor/clinic in-person beforehand.. you really want to meet the person(s) who are going to carve up/inject/etc your face so that they can see you up close and personal, in all 3 dimensions, not from some emailed picture - you know? Plus this is an opportunity to make it absolutely clear that what you want and what the doctor wants are equal goals and will result in the best possible and desired aesthetic. The other issue I'm noticing with out-of-country patients is that a fair number lack translators (and many Korean surgeons, believe it or not,,really don't speak anything other than Korean) and some people go to notorious in-n-out clinics which have poor aftercare, processing patients (esp foreigners) all the same way. Some of those particular clinics can deliver great results, but if you're one of the unlucky...you're screwed. :/ I ended up not having any procedures done in Seoul at the time - I plan to get a certain procedure done by a US surgeon whose aesthetic I trust. (The Korean surgeons I consulted have done some well-known celebrities, but as Caucasian skin is thinner than Asian skin, their proposals for the main procedure I was seeking were sort of nuts.) However, I'll probably go to Seoul for laser/skincare later on. (My mother/gran/aunt had melasma zapped (and my mom's eyes done decades ago, back when only filmstars did it), an uncle had fat injections for youthful face, one cousin had her eyes and nose done, and another cousin had V-line done.) 
I'm curious - for those of you wanting to get cosmetic surgery done in Korea, where do you live? 

Guest alyalya

sanaraei live in indonesiaand i wanted a jaw surgery so much, can I know the process and pro&cons about it cuz your cous have done the v line. i guess it's about the same thingthanks in advance :)anyway, would you email me at nigahiga0606@yahoo.com i would appreciate it so muchthank you :)

• 6 months later...
Guest marleneluvsmom

Hi all, I just wanna ask how much does it cost to have a plastic surgery in Seoul?  The average price of a facelift in the United States costs around USD $ 8000 to USD $10000. In Manila where I had my facelift by Dr Rino Lorenzo it was WAY cheaper and the result --- even better!

i am from canada and was supposed to get jaw reduction surgery done here after many years of orthodontics but the pros and cons of it were ridiculous. A few of my friends had it done and most of them no longer have feeling in their lower jaw due to the damn near certain knicking of a nerve in your jaw during the procedure. I still slightly want to get it done as i don't feel 100% ok with the way my jaw is set, but i don't see it as a life or death situation. There are many things i would get done, but after weighing the pros and cons on how i feel now vs how i think i will feel after i always figure its better just to learn to be ok with myself and work to get results i want rather than pay for a quick fix that if i don't like I'm stuck looking in the mirror at.
I will be getting cool sculpting done on areas of my body (maybe light lipo but thats probably not gonna happen) as well as mulling over breast augmentation. Im still thinking of getting my jaw fixed but that would be the last item on my list. I love the results I've seen from korean  surgeons but i would have to know more about my body vs the ones they usually work on to make sure they will work for me. As I'm not asian, theres many physical things different that they may not know what to deal with / their standard of beauty is way different to what i may be wanting. LOTS TO THINK ABOUT.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived