[Drama 2012/13] My Love , Butterfly Lady 내 사랑 나비부인

mekeo117

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no such thing as a Galaxy Note 3 to be had yet. Or at least, not outside the rumor mill.
See, for example
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/401362/20121105/samsung-galaxy-note-2-release-date-pre.htm

Are you confusing it with the Galaxy S3? That's a normal-size phone, not a small tab with phone capability which the Note 2 essentially is.

I've been really amused by Samsung's attempts these last few months to try to stuff Galaxy Notes into every Kdrama (apart from a few where Blackberry, despite being a hopeless case in the Korean market, have come up with an even bigger sponsorship sum).

It must take a huge amount of rehearsal for the cast members to extract a device the size of a roofing tile out of a jacket pocket or purse and act like its just as handy as a normal-sized phone, not to mention the trouble the camera team must have trying to get suitable angles for closeups where all the speaker's face is concealed by one of these whoppers.

Guest cupcakedarling

@baduy I really am confusing :P I was gonna say Galaxy s3. So,they are using Galaxy Note2 aren't they? @manquant It's either LG or Samsuang in Kdrama :)

The big-budget 1000 Days Promise presented an Alternative Korea in which everybody, but everybody, used a Blackberry. And the current SBS 7.15 pm daily. Still You which is now staggering towards its long overdue close this  Friday gave us 140 episodes of another piece of that strange Planet Blackberry, Korean sector.

A couple of winters ago, before the Korean makers managed to produce decent capacitative screens, all the dramas made a big thing about showing characters in close up using their phones while wearing thick woolly gloves, which was possible back then because of the now obsolete resistive touchscreens. You were supposed to think "I won't buy an Iphone 'cos I'd have to take my glove off to use it outside".  Then all Korean phone makers followed Apple's lead and went multi-touch capacitative (and all the stores started selling capacitative-compatible woolly gloves with conductors in the fingertips.)

Guest manquant

MBC's I Do, I Do also lived in that Blackberry world. Kim Sun Ah was always sporting the white one. :)
Anyway, I would just be happy if it weren't Samsung, for a change. Most of the dramas are full of Galaxy S Series and Note that it just looks surreal. It's like they're giving a message that even when you're completely broke, you're no different from your chaebol counterparts, you can still afford that expensive handset. Well, in my country, it is not cheap. :))

I have a galaxy note and have no problem retrieving it from pant's pocket's coat pocket's or purse. and because of it size I can always find inside my purse, What's surprising is that in fits inside those cell phone pockets that are in the inside of purses. 
Just finished watching episode 15 on dramacrazy with subs and episode 16 on viki only 80% subbed. I decided that I don't like the in laws at all, with the exception of Gma and dad  Actually for my money NB could move out and we never have to see them again 
I think NB reaction to SA attacks are strange. While listening to SA list of what she had done to her NB not once pointed out how she was the cause of her miscarriage or when NB how she got in the vacation house SA told her she fainted, NB did a flashback and remembered her pushing her and that she bumped her head on the dumpster, but didn't say a word. Someone should seriously recommend a mental health professional to SA. It's time she met with some friends of brother and learn that perhaps she is wrong about NB because this plot device has run it's course.That way Roy can come home and we can get to the interesting part, Roy and NB relationship. SA cn then spend time deluding herself into believing that her and WJ will remarry.
WJ uncle/brother is definitely headed to divorce court his wife is to much she attacks an innocent woman and then doesn't have the decency to apologize and that's not counting the insults she threw at NB mom. I thought him and NB mom was kinda cute, and if not a romance maybe a friendship. WJ home is where NB should be living the laughs we could get from that. NB and SIL NB and Gpa/dad, just imagining the interactions make me laugh.

OMo, am watching episode 16 right now.
This Seol A is one crazy richard simmons!!  Blaming everything on Na Bi.She even richard simmons slapped Na Bi.
I reckon Na Bi's 'cool' reaction to Seol A's 'wild' reactions is apt, otherwise, they'd be rolling on the floor digging each other's eyes out.

DJG said: This drama confuses me, I can't decide if it is good or bad, but I can't stop watching either. My main question is this, how do they intend to drag out another 36 episodes out of the plot. Already, Nam Nabi's slowness is irritating me and this drama goes back to the Kdrama trope of the long, long, long suffering heroine, who faces set backs after set backs. The saving grace of this drama is that the lead actress is a good actress and she has chemistry withe the lead male. The actress playing Seol Ha, is weak and her go to range is shaking and acting nervous. Why is she so scared all the time, you are the villain, plotting the evil schemes, so...

^ Well at least everything's out in the open now.
Na Bi knows what Seol A did, why she did it (except for the Roy part).
This drama is strangely fascinating. Makjangish but you have to follow it to know what happens next.
Anyways, waiting impatiently for Eugene's new drama.

Well, uncle/brother has already served his wife once with divorce papers, but she tore them up, so good luck with that.  On another note, I don't mean to be picky, but who in this day and age sends a videotape to someone?  Good thing Grandma is strong as an ox and ripped the plastic box right open.  I know that's what I would do.

It looks like there has been some head-banging around the production planning table: this drama is visibly getting more coherent and consistent while keeping up a nice variety of tone and mood.

In today's episode (17)

Learning from his "uncle" what his father is planning as part of  his determination to get Sol Ah and Woo Jae together again, Woo Jae calls Na Bi and tells her not to obey the summons to the mansion. She gets the call before she has rung the bell, but goes ahead regardless and is shocked to find Sol Ah part of the reception committee waiting for her inside. Sang Goo humiliates Na Bi in front of Sol Ah by offering her cash to get out of Woo Jae's life, and mocks her protestations that she is a married woman who is faithful to her absent husband. Woo Jae arrives and drags her away.

Woo Jae tries to put a stop to his father's insistence on his remarriage by organizing a visit by journalists to the mansion. He tell his father that unless he backs off he will reveal to the journalists there and then the shabby secrets of  his father's private life, with damaging consequences for the company.

In retaliation, his father orders the production crew to leave the store and not come back, thus wrecking the schedule for Na Bi's comeback drama and renewing the pressure to fire her.

Sol Ah visits the homestead hoping to survey the destruction her video-tape bombshell has wrought, only to find that it never went off, and Na Bi sends her away with a flea in her ear (but, as we find out later, undeterred)

Mother-in-law and Granny, unbeknown to Na Bi, have spent all night cooking up a feast  for the entire production crew, fifty or more people. Woo Jae offers them a ride with all the food to the location shoot at the store, but learns en route that his father has thrown the crew off the promises, so they have had to go back to the studios to continue shooting. He takes them and the food to the studios instead.

Mother-in-law makes a special fuss of the PD then ventures into the dressing room where she is treated rudely and contemptuously by Na Bi's obnoxious junior, who upbraids Na Bi for adding to the production's problems with her ongoing scandals, and now having the audacity to bring her country bumpkin mother-in-law into the studios, though she adds that this evidence of how "common" her in-laws are helps explain Na Bi's true character. At this, mother-in law gives her an earful for disrespecting not only her as an elder but Na Bi who is her senior. Na Bi is overcome by the way mother-in-law stands up for her, and mother-in-law says she now see the sort of thing Na Bi has to put up with in her work and she's sorry she didn't realize what a hard time she was having before.

Woo Jae defiantly tells his father he had no business ejecting the drama crew since they were there because of a decision he had made as marketing director. and his father should stop interfering with his job, to which his father responds by saying they don't need a marketing director who refuses to reconcile with his wife and associates instead with loose women like Na Bi, and fires him.

Just as Na Bi and her husband's family have gotten much closer, Sol Ah sends a second poisonous package, this time stills from the video of the storeroom incident. This time, her parents-in-law get to see the pictures as she planned.

At the cliffhanger, Na Bi swallows her pride and goes down on her knees to Woo Jae's father (whom she knows now is indeed his father: Woo Jae revealed to her that in the car after dragging her away from the mansion) begging him to withdraw his ban on shooting in the store so that the drama can continue with her in it.

In between, both brothers-in-law jump to wrong conclusions. The elder one has proposed to his devoted admirer and been accepted and tells the family the good news. Na Bi, relishing her apparent new level of acceptance in the family, gently chides him that as the senior daughter-in-law she really ought to have been introduced his to his bride-to-be in advance so she could check out her "suitability" for the household, but he scornfully tells her not to be a hypocrite and stop pretending to be in tune with the family: he saw her arriving early in the morning, having obviously spent the night with Woo Jae, and he warns her he's keeping a special eye on her from now on, even though he promised Woo Jae he wouldn't upset his father by revealing his discovery about the affair between his daughter-in-law and his "apprentice". Whereas the youngest son, seeing Woo Jae with the object of his affections, assumes that he's her sugar daddy, the person to whom she told him her heart already belongs (presumably on account of that big white Jag).

Some quick thoughts ep 16 

Wow, the behavior and thinking of the elders in this show is awful.  If I was Woo Jae I would be heartbroken with his Father’s reaction to him revealing that in fact he knows that he is not his grandson.  The fact that Father/Grandpa continues to deny the truth and to add insult to injury tells Woo Jae that whether her mother is alive does not matter is horrible.  I like this little twist in the storyline because all along I that that U Jae’s mom was dead and would not mind if she appeared down the road. 

Dare I say that I’m starting to dislike the Grandpa/Father as much as SA.   If SA is so interested in getting married than maybe she should marry the Grandpa/Father since they are both ridiculous, selfish, and delusional like they say in Spanish son el uno para el otro (they are made for each other with the twisted way they look at the world).  

I love every scene with Woo Jae and NB.  I really love Woo Jae character is he such an upstanding guy.   I love the storyline of the elder brother and his admirer, they help to bring a balance to the constant evil planning that SA and it seems now Grandpa/Father are up to. 

@baduy, thank you so much for the summary of ep 17.   I saw it this morning raw and can tell that more the story is developing and I would say picking up a good pace.   I look forward to seeing how each characters react as more things are out in the open (such as SA’s brother’s suicide, SA’s latest attempt to twist NB and Woo Jae’s relationship in the eyes of the in-laws into something inappropriate) I look for watching the ep with subs.

Archived