Guest jjsweeter0211

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATULATIONS JOONG KI & BO YOUNG .... ♥
Wolf Boy takes the box office
WolfBoy30.jpg
There seems to be no end in sight to the string of domestic box office hits in Korea this year. Wolf Boy starring Song Joong-ki and Park Bo-young opened in first place this week, and is poised to sell over 500,000 tickets in four days. The film is receiving heaps of critical praise as well, and now Song Joong-ki is being called the king of both screens small and big, with his Nice Guy / Wolf Boy double-first-place killer combo. One Pretty Face to Rule Them All.
It’s just fantastic timing for him, because Nice Guy (KBS’s current Wednesday-Thursday drama and ratings leader) is one of those turning point roles for his career. He’s been the lead in films before, but it’s his first time as a carry-a-drama leading man, and having the show and his concurrent movie both end up commercial successes means big big things for Song.
Wolf Boy is an unusual love story between a reserved girl who’s shut away in a country home and a feral wolf boy. They develop a friendship and she teaches him how to be more human (the toothbrushing still below is my favorite), and they eventually fall in love. But of course when the town discovers that they have a dangerous creature in their midst, the trouble begins.
I can’t wait to get my hands on this movie, mostly because every single still and trailer I’ve seen is gorgeously shot. The film is written and directed by Jo Sung-hee (of horror film End of Animal), and in three days at the box office, it sold 457,205 tickets and heads into the weekend still at Number 1. Whether nice boy, bad boy, or wolf boy, one thing is certain: Song Joong-ki is the It Boy.
WolfBoy36.jpg
Source : Dramabeans