[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

vaiduakhu

said: Lol, koala says that Suzy is so bad that she makes

"KTH in Jang Ok Jung, Live in Love"

look like Baeksang worthy performance.

:)

)

She also thinks Yoo Ah In's acting is shining as a Crown Prince. But I don't think so.

Yoo Ah In's acting is far too touchy for a Confucian royal member.

He acts more like a bad guy gangster than the future brilliant king Suk Jong.

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest livon123

I think it is too early to talk about it's rating, I think next week would be a changing point or even the week after that would be a good judge of its rating. I mean it is 24 epi, not too long not short, but we aren't even 1/5 of the way through.... The more people bring up the rating when it is low, the more people will just get worked up. I think if we don't worry about the rating it might pick up. 
Also, like some have already said before, it takes some getting used to for the audience to see the characters as they are. Especially for fans that watched Dong Yi before and loved it, they might not even tune in because they don't know who it will turn out... As in with the character they like will some what get a similar ending... It's a pro and a con to have historical characters in a series, pro you kind of expect it to follow history. Con you can't really change history even if you arrived at the same ending, the way you get there is different, so up to people's taste. 
I am just writing some random thoughts, I hope Sook Bin does like LS, or at least show how she kind of decide to go after LS. I got some reason why, 1) just want to get out of the lower class, 2) jealous of JOJ decide to go after JOJ's guy, 3) somehow become good friends with IH and decide to join her...0_zps4a9ddfda.jpg
^ I actually find her range of facial expression pretty good. Just need to play down the wicked side a little bit. This expression is very nice. Of course JOJ and IH are very beautiful and some people were saying her beauty is lacking, but I think she is the type that the more you look at her the more you kind of like her. By the way, I think sookbin's outfits are very pretty, JOJ's is a more mature eye catching, IH is colors that blend into any event, elegant kind, and SB is in between the two.
haha, thought I will post this pic of HSH, I look back in the pages before, and it is funny that the girls on screen are all cautious and going for the same guy. Off stage they are very friendly and jokes a lot with each other.
0_zps04b17d8b.jpg
^ LOL kind of sad that IH and DP's line didn't go on a little more.

Guest xianzhongfan

YAI rocks in this saguek. Now i understand why the PD said he was perfect for this role. When i saw him at the press conference i thought he looked tired and subdued, but his performance in the show is just brilliant.

Guest livon123

I am waiting for the english subs, hope they will come faster haha. Anyway, I was reading some posts here and there, and it said one of the requirements for Crown Princess was both the parents have to be alive... If IH's mother dies, doesn't that mean she is disqualify? How come her father and LS's Mother (queen)still got her up there ? I think next week's epi will be interesting. haha lets move forward.

Guest NEWMARIO

Kim Tae-hee's "Human Drama" parody

Source | 2013/04/16 | 86 views | Permalink | 0 Comments

photo301397.jpg

Kim Tae-hee parodied the KBS 2TV program "Human Drama".

She posted a picture on her Me Today saying, "I had an hour's sleep and I'm back on the set, drinking my morning coffee to fight it off".

The picture has a description of her role "Jang Na-in (18) / Court Na-in" with the sub "This is the time to change the coffee".

The "Human Drama" parody has netizen saying, "This is so funny", "This application is a 'thing' these days", "What's the name of the application to do this?", "She's so cute" and more.

Meanwhile, this application is known as Kujuwo My Girl and is popular for editing pictures to parody certain things.

Source : dkbnews.donga.com/3/a... ( English )

CR: HANCINEMA.NET

Guest livon123

thanks @uburoi for the summary of ep 4I really like the person subbing it, his or her thoughts very similar to what I feel.
I pretty much can't help but be a fan of IH now. She should have just stick with her guts and don't show up at the crown princess selection. But I am glad that part where LS was in front of her and was going to reach out for her hands, she didn't moved her hand. It would be even more embarrassing if she did move her hand to grab hold of LS. I think that is respectable for a girl too, sorry to say this to IK, how can you give in to the marriage like that, but she is a very innocent girl. Anyway, I really don't like that guy threatening JOJ and I don't like IH's father, I don't know which one is worst, but definitely both are dangerous. 
Also, I don't know if this series will ever show us how LS and IH know each other, if ep 4 was their first exchange. However, I do see IH feeling hopeful when LS was standing in front of her. I was curious about that, is she anticipating that because she want to be the queen? or does she like LS? Does she even care if LS like her or not. 
Also feel sad for OJ because her military vest was the best, but it wasn't given justice because people bribing. It sucks when royals don't really have true power. Or when they get in the way haha.

Guest uburoi

Mr X's 100 word review of ep. 4.

"100 WORDS (Ep 04/24, AVG 65/100): Intriguing. Choi Jeong-Mi’s script is not subtle but is structurally sound, the politics are simple but not simplistic, the romantic angle conventional but never puerile. It’s a much more acceptable compromise than the haphazard mix of elements beclouding many a recent fusion sageuk, as there is real, compelling storytelling at the core of it all. A fascinating Sato Naoki meets Tan Dun soundtrack and decent performances (even from Kim Tae-Hee, who’s obviously inadequate but hardly irritating) act as icing on the cake of what is slowly turning into quite the little surprise. More focused production and this could become promising."

source: http://vaultofdoom.wordpress.com/2012/09/21/k-drama-hub/

ETA: Also, he's raving about Queen Inhyun's Man, but I could'nt even finish one episode. It wasn't the quality of the drama per se, but the modern day fusion element that turned me off. Was that drama really that good, so I could put away my intolerance for such time travel stories? The part about the actress really irked me, but I'm a all in for a good historical drama. Generally, I don't like modern day korean dramas, but I can overlook lots of things I hate in them in historicals, my guilty pleasure.:\"> So what do you think, should I give it another try?

Ah @livon123 ,I ditto.IH is somewhat forced into this blister of politics because of what she was born into,I really appreciate her disparity with OJ.They are at both ends different yet similar.I normally don't appreciate  political plot lines in sageuks because they are usually flat,but in JOJ it is the center theme ,the main pretext of the characters growth and scenario.
@xianzhongfan @irenns however horrible the ratings are..Koala puts it best.
'Jang Ok Jung Lives In Love  owns my mind,heart and soul.This is a trifecta of a drama hitting it out of the park,and as this drama's ratings continue to dip in Korea,my love for it continues to increase...
:-*

Reading koala's recap of ep4, i started tearing up at LS & his father's conversation, how both of them can't be with the woman they love, his father was not strong enough and had to send the love of his life away. now i understand what he meant about his secret of not having a harem, and having only the queen, whom he married for political reason, because the one he truly loved already left. those sacrifices have to be made, it's just so sad..  :((
I like how the writer gives flesh and personality to every of her character and every relationship/bond is important to essential. it's not simply about one big devil against the hero of story, but many people with different set of minds and histories, reason for what they're doing now.

Guest uburoi

Just a thought that irks me for some time. Netizens should lay off of Kim Tae Hee and not use her as a punching bag for bad acting, especially those keyboard warriors who don't even watch her acting. She's actually decent in this drama and I thought she was particularly good in the last episode. rant over.
(It surely doesn't make sense that JOJ would lose viewers because of her acting, GFB's case clearly contradicts that, lol)

@uboroi: I agree with you. People are used to their stereotypes and hate to change their views. I saw KTH only in My Princess prior to JOJ and thought her performance there OK nothing special but OK. She was cute and overacting but the role really demanded it. I didn't expect miracles from her in her first major sageuk role, however, if I say that she mildly suprised me then it would be the understatement of the century - she is good and I mean really good. She hasn't had a scene yet where she would be subpar or couldn't keep up with the other actors and there are some scenes where she's been acting lights out - when she met prince Boksun the mix of strength, vulnerability, determination and fear really gutted me. vlcsnap-2013-04-17-11h44m35s83_zpsec3610
In episode 4 when JOJ has the mental breakdown after she's saved by LS - I have to say that is probably the closest to real reaction in such a situation I've ever seen in a kdrama - the panic and the raw emotion. JOJ thinks it's another bandit and she is scared senseless, her reactions are instinctive and illogical. It's so perfectly and realistically written - I hate all those times when pampered princesses and ladies who never left the luxury of their palaces and high class districts outsmart a group of kidnappers without breaking sweat and are fearless to boot - that simply doesn't happen in real times, even in the 21st century your first reaction is to scream and run.vlcsnap-2013-04-17-11h46m34s235_zpsbc5a0

Guest xianzhongfan

briseis said: @uboroi: I agree with you. People are used to their stereotypes and hate to change their views. I saw KTH only in My Princess prior to JOJ and thought her performance there OK nothing special but OK. She was cute and overacting but the role really demanded it. I didn't expect miracles from her in her first major sageuk role, however, if I say that she mildly sumprised me then it would be the understatement of the century - she is good and I mean really good. She haven't had a scene yet where she would be subpar or couldn't keep up with the other actors and there are some scene where she's been acting lights out - when she met prince Boksun the mix of strenght, vulnerability, determination and fear really gutted me. 
In episode 4 when JOJ has the mental breakdown after she's saved by LS - I have to say that is probably the closest to real reaction in such a situation I've ever seen in a kdrama - the panic and the raw emotion. JOJ thinks it's another bandit and she is scared senseless, her reactions are instinctive and illogical. It's so perfectly and realistically written - I hate all those times when pampered princess and ladies who never left the luxury of their palaces and high class districts outsmarts a group of kidnappers without breaking sweat and are fearless to boot - that simply doesn't happen in real times, even in the 21st century your first reaction is to scream and run.
="verdana">

Guest Solin

Usually I'm not the type who really care about rating but after seeing it...I feel so bad for JOJ and the whole team. Before airing the drama, everyone showed so much expectation for good rating so they must be disapointed. What I don't understand is how even with such good quality and casting, the drama fails behind the other dramas. I watched "Book of Gu" and even if Lee Seung Gi is good...Suzy is pretty plain...and compared to her...Kim Tae Hee is doing a really good job. I know that JOJ character in Korean culture is not really loved but the storyline is well done and interresting...so it deserves more from vewvers. Maybe the drama "Dong Yi" was so popular that people somehow don't want to watch this character turning evil while the evil in "Dong Yi" becomes the good one...NO! I really don't understand the ratings!

Archived