[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone, It's my first time to leave a comment here but I'm so glad to be around you guys in this thread. 
@irenns I agree with you. I'm also glad to be surrounded of smart people cos i don't have to think too much..keke
Ahh, I really can't watch tonight's episode. It's so sad and heart breaking..  =((
Anyways, thanks for the episode 5 preview..^^

@graicei07: Welcome  >:D< . It's so great to have you here!
@smvd: I agree with you that the concubine system was rotten and I'm too much of a modern girl to come to terms with it. However, you're talking about the real historical figure of Sukjong and his concubines Jang and Choi and your assesement of him using his concubines to weaken the different political factions is right. However, Jang Ok Jung Lives For Love is a fiction therefore a completely different story and I can't judge this LS for something he hasn't done yet, with a woman (Choi) he hasn't even seen yet and without even considering his motives.
About IK - The gist of it all is that world is not fair to begin with just as it isn't fair that there is slavery in Joseon and JOJ can't buy her mother's freedom because her uncle wants to use her in his quest for revenge. The hard facts are that she knows it isn't about a love match but convenience and political power, nobody put any pressure on her to do it and she made her free choice. In the full context, yes, she is pityful but which royal princess in the 17th century got married of love /:) . I don't pretend to know all royal marriages of that time but I still think the count is close to BIG FAT ZERO :-q  plus they were all forced into it, stripped of choice, IK wasn't, it was of her free will. 
I don't know what you'd like LS to do anyway :-/ Marriage he would be manipulated into or go suicidal and go against the whole world to make a slave-born fashion designer his Queen Consort :-?? And I mean the fictional LS not the real one because I don't give a damn about the real one since reality is either too boring or too terrible which is the reason I watch kdramas ;)

Guest livon123

@ranP thanks for the english subtitles of their interview. I was wondering what they were talking about to have so much fun and laughter!I was smiling and laughing along with them. Super excited about Jae Hee's appearance, it look like he appearing an episode earlier then expected.  I am also thankful that IH is not evil in here, I was kind of put off in the first ep because I thought she will be evil, but I realize it just the director/writer was of showing her noble somewhat higher upbringing. From the last few epis, I really kind of like the honor and values IH holds. In a way that is all she have if LS doesn't give her love back, and because we know history is nice to know the king does feel guilt and does bring her back. 
Anyway, I wonder if it is an assassination attempt on LS from IH's father. OR maybe it is a dream haha. I still trying to wrap my head around how IH will get married to LS, since up to now he has been fighting so hard against him and really don't like that minister. 
Didn't see Prince DP in the preview, wondering how he is doing and what his reaction is when he know JOJ is becoming a court lady.   
It is also kind of interesting to find out JOJ's Uncle and IH's father have a past history, and in a way somewhat cause OJ's father to die, now IH's mother also die. Kind of make them even... 
And is it me or IK kind of look like IH, haha the actresses casted for their role are good, I wonder if they did it intentionally or each want that role. I am glad to see LS teaching IK to play the arrow game, she looks like of shock though, not like happy. Hope she won't regret marrying LS and they both learn to be happy in the short epis they are in together.

Guest livon123

@RanP actually I think it might be they meet up faster than we think. Since SukBin appears in ep 12, which is around IH get banishes? I am guessing we get A LOT more OPT moment starting at least 7-12. I think the worry part would be after IH comes back haha.
@Jillia thanks for the IH and LS banners and creations. haha secretly rooting for them. I am a sucker for series where the girl like the guy, and while this is center around OJ and LS, I think IH's character is probably the one that always standby LS, she is the noble kind of woman that understands the king will have many wives, and she will live with that.

SBS released still for Lee Sun and In Kyung after their wedding ceremony..I wonder if In Kyung is wearing a wedding dress designed by Ok Jung and did Ok Jung come to the wedding ceremony (as she is In Kyung's fashion assistant)? Poor Ok Jung :(

I'm curious if we'll see Lee Sun having children from In Kyung in this drama; as according to the history she had 2 daughters, all of whom died in childbirth :-?

1366616438500915.jpg

Archived