[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

xianzhongfan said: briseis said: @uboroi: I agree with you. People are used to their stereotypes and hate to change their views. I saw KTH only in My Princess prior to JOJ and thought her performance there OK nothing special but OK. She was cute and overacting but the role really demanded it. I didn't expect miracles from her in her first major sageuk role, however, if I say that she mildly sumprised me then it would be the understatement of the century - she is good and I mean really good. She haven't had a scene yet where she would be subpar or couldn't keep up with the other actors and there are some scene where she's been acting lights out - when she met prince Boksun the mix of strenght, vulnerability, determination and fear really gutted me. 
In episode 4 when JOJ has the mental breakdown after she's saved by LS - I have to say that is probably the closest to real reaction in such a situation I've ever seen in a kdrama - the panic and the raw emotion. JOJ thinks it's another bandit and she is scared senseless, her reactions are instinctive and illogical. It's so perfectly and realistically written - I hate all those times when pampered princess and ladies who never left the luxury of their palaces and high class districts outsmarts a group of kidnappers without breaking sweat and are fearless to boot - that simply doesn't happen in real times, even in the 21st century your first reaction is to scream and run.
="verdana">

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

uburoi said: Mr X's 100 word review of ep. 4.

"100 WORDS (Ep 04/24, AVG 65/100): Intriguing. Choi Jeong-Mi’s script is not subtle but is structurally sound, the politics are simple but not simplistic, the romantic angle conventional but never puerile. It’s a much more acceptable compromise than the haphazard mix of elements beclouding many a recent fusion sageuk, as there is real, compelling storytelling at the core of it all. A fascinating Sato Naoki meets Tan Dun soundtrack and decent performances (even from Kim Tae-Hee, who’s obviously inadequate but hardly irritating) act as icing on the cake of what is slowly turning into quite the little surprise. More focused production and this could become promising."

source: http://vaultofdoom.wordpress.com/2012/09/21/k-drama-hub/

ETA: Also, he's raving about Queen Inhyun's Man, but I could'nt even finish one episode. It wasn't the quality of the drama per se, but the modern day fusion element that turned me off. Was that drama really that good, so I could put away my intolerance for such time travel stories? The part about the actress really irked me, but I'm a all in for a good historical drama. Generally, I don't like modern day korean dramas, but I can overlook lots of things I hate in them in historicals, my guilty pleasure.:\"> So what do you think, should I give it another try?

Guest uburoi

irenns, that's indeed a promising review from Mr X. Similar to my own sentiments. "The politics are simple but not simplistic, the romantic angle conventional but never puerile". Although I'd rate it a bit higher than him. This drama gets a solid 10/7 from me thus far.

And yeah, Arang was another good drama. Funnily enough, also overlooked as well. Thanks for the recomendation anyway, I guess I should give it another try later.

kimbee I miss everyone too.Dramacrazy will probably sub it by tomorrow so be patient hehe.
I rewatched episode 4 today with my mum,she is sold on YAI hahahahaha. 
Anyone realized the skinship and um...randiness going on in this drama?I hope we get a passionate kiss at least ... :))

Guest kimbee

@gorres yaaa it'll tomorrow coming out the sub...unfortunately i can't download from dramacrazy, i don't know why...but usually i download from Gooddrama....

as far as we know in the second ep when Young LS kiss Young OJ...full of passion.... :-*
its too curious how he can be when adult such as playboy....pervert...i love it.... 8-> :D

Guest kimbee

i'm just realized that LS doesn't know OJ name yet 'till now, because as far as i know he never ask OJ name...am i right???

Guest kimbee

RanP said: Now think of it, isn't it funny that everybody knows OJ was a woman right away even though she purposely dressed like a man ^^, even the robbers knew. lol 

lol i totally forgot about the flowers haha
Next week, I expect her uncle will manage somehow to bring her to the palace, maybe she'll become a maid, like her friend Kakong. Imagine how shocked LS would be when he discovers who does make up/dress for his future queen... ^^,,

i'm just realized that LS doesn't know OJ name yet 'till now' date=' because as far as i know he never ask OJ name...am i right???[/quote']

I'm also wondering why neither of them asked each other's name. If they did, they probably would remember that "fateful" incident, years back. I think LS is the one who really hasn't fully forgotten OJ. He keeps on trying to remember her face.

Guest kimbee

‘Jang Ok-Jung’, Kim Tae-Hee and Yoo Ah-In not work… the last in Mon-Tue dramas

5638_1.jpg

‘Jang Ok-Jung’ was humiliated as the last of Monday-Tuesday dramas. On 16th according to the viewing rate company Nilson Korea, SBS Monday-Tuesday drama aired on 15th, ‘Jang Ok-Jung, Live for Love(Below Jang Ok-Jung) recorded 7.9% of viewer rate in the whole country. It is 1.2% less than the last broadcasting record, 9.1%. Even though the regular actors such as Kim Tae-Hee and Yoo Ah-In appeared, the viewer rate of ‘Jang Ok-Jung’ decreased, having hard time competing with ‘Gu Family Book’ and ‘Queen of the Office’. Aired on this day in ‘Jang Ok-Jung’, the romance of Yoo Ah-In and Kim Tae-Hee started, grabbing attentions. Lee Sun(Yoo Ah-In) and Jang Ok-Jung(Kim Tae-Hee) attended the party of Dong Pyung-Gun(Lee Sang-Yeob), and met again in the livrary. Lee Sun said to Ok-Jung, “The woman who was cheated is a fool” and Ok-Jung responded, “Man is wind of spring when comes, but cold winter when marries.” Meanwhile aired on the same time, MBC ‘Gu Family Book’ recorded 13.6%, KBS 2TV ‘Queen of the Office’ recorded 13.4%. [Photo=SBS]

source: innolife.co.kr

Speechless!!! [-(

Yesterday when I was able to watch it with subs, it made a world of a difference. I had expected a lot of different emotions cause I have seen enough dramas about royalty to know that they cannot be with the one that you love. They need to marry for political reasons etc etc. there is a lot of greed in the world and not a lot of freedom for those who have the weight of a nation on their shoulders. LS is right that sometimes it's just about picking the better of two not so ideal choices. I thought the different emotions displayed in ep 4 were what got my heart the most. DP genuine concern and realization that he put her in danger. OJ very natural fear when she was kidnapped, LS realization his life isn't really his live in many ways and the list goes on. Off to read recaps and the rest of this thread.

Now I'm dead sure that Moon Jae Shin is actually LS's reincarnation only with one difference - something must have gone wrong during the reincarnation process, perhaps bad karma, and MJS was born with that female hiccuping fobia! They even share the same fashion taste  @-) !7a899e510fb30f24fecff36ec995d143ad4b0301tumblr_lilgj6vraW1qenmq1o1_1280.jpg

This is Ji Yoo who posted these photos on her blog. She is cast as the adult Ja Kyung who locked up JOJ in the studio. It appears she is became a palace maid and will probably make a hell from JOJ's life after she will enter the palace.4b90f603738da97797b2eb45b151f8198618e33b8cb1cb13495409239a4e0f109358d109b3de49bc
Source: Baidu forums

Archived