[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest jjsweeter0211

Continuous broadcast of "That Winter, the Wind Blows"

Source | 2013/02/13 | 

photo282287.jpg

SBS drama "That Winter, the Wind Blows" started off easy.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research, the first episode of "Wind Blows In Winter" rated 11.3% and the second episode, 12.8%.

Previously, the first and second episodes were broadcasted continuously for the reason that the stories were closely related. The second episode had a higher percentage than the first and signaled a successful start off.

"That Winter, the Wind Blows" is slightly ahead of the MBC drama "7th Grade Civil Servant" with 12.7% and completely overcame the low percentage of the previous drama "The Great Seer".

This day's episodes showed the meeting of Oh Soo (Jo In-Seong), a man who's been living a meaningless life after his abandonment from his parents when he was young and Oh Yeong (Song Hye-kyo), a woman who lives a hard life after her parents got divorced and she parted from her brother, leaving her to live with her deaf father.

"IRIS 2" was fisrt with 14.4%.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

@jjsweeter0211 @cedricgordon @roweina78 sSig_hi.gif
@populovehyun 059.gif Missed you and so happy to see you here too. I only managed to catch the first episode and parts of Ep 2 live as I had to attend to RL matters (totally sucked cos I didnt know we were having 2 episodes) but I am going to glue myself in front of my screen for Ep 3. See ya then 967339c1.gif

Guest jjsweeter0211

Jo In-seong's fancy return

Source | 2013/02/13 | 

photo282289.jpg

Actor Jo In-Seong succeeded in returning with a drama for the first time in 8 years.

On the first episode of the SBS drama "That Winter, the Wind Blows", he took on the role of Oh Soo, a gambler who lived for alcohol and women.

Oh Soo was living a hopeless life without the memory of his childhood years. He was completely cold like the well-off poker gambler that he was. Life was just dark and shadowy to him.

Jo In-Seong announced the fresh return of his visual and acting skills. This is his first drama since the 2005 drama "Spring Days" and since his discharge from the military. What we saw of him was more than expected.

Various SNS show comments like, "Jo In-Seong has aura", "I am glad I waited this long", "He's gorgeous, my eyes are shining", "He blends in well with his character" and more.

Meanwhile, "That Winter, the Wind Blows" is a mellow drama about a gambler who lives a meaningless life after his parents abandon him and an heiress who has to protect herself from the world after her father's death and sudden hearing disability.

Source : www.osen.co.kr/articl... ( English )

I just finished watchin epi 1 from viki...... I m sold....I love the plot...the actos each n every one of them r good....they r selected prefectly for the role.... Mad props to JIS n SHK...Such a flawless acting....I m dying for the 2epi to be subb...it's tht good....
now need a lil help here: So wad a Ohsoo previous occupation?? He seems to be living off really well??? I am kinda confused... N aso youngie said like after 3 months someone will be elected as PL president..can u tell mi who tht someone is? thirdly, inside the car, the lady told youngie tht c is engaged to soeone by the name of M.... is tht the guy with the spec. ???

EP 1 with English subs is already up at DramaCrazy. 
@priti - 
Oh Soo is a gambler/con artist. He made his living off gambling and conning people (mostly women according to his character description) 
Oh Young was made the temporary CEO for 3 months. She said "Representative Kim" would probably replace because she's blind - they're just using her as the "figure head" for right now. I have no idea who Representative Kim is. 
Yes, Oh Young is engaged to the guy with the glasses, Myung Ho. But she said she wouldn't marry him - it was something her Dad set up, she doesn't want to marry. 

Guest yellowumbrella

Hooray for our fast subbers!!!!!! :) EP1 Subbed version is out!
Good to see @tessieroo @jjsweeter0211 @ZarraJae @roweina78 here! :)

@tessieroo thank q for answering.... now i get it...i think i haf seen u in IMY thread, its nice to see u here!!!

i m glad to haf another drama to watch after imy....i love epi 1 n i m still patiently watchin for 2 to be subb!!

Wow... I see lot of name I'm familiar from IMY thread^^"
Last night watch part 1 RAW from dramacrazy and stop because I don't understand anything at allXD But from it... I have a good impression from Jo In Sung, SHK and Kim Bum. Going to follow this drama.

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="content-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; visibility: visible; "Ratings Race: Which Drama Came Out On Top?
chococoffee February 14, 2013
Ratings Race: Which Drama Came Out On Top?

Yesterday was an exciting day in kdrama land! We had two highly anticipated dramas make their big premiere. Song Hye Gyo and Jo In Sung made their comeback with SBS’s “That Winter, The Wind Blows,” while Lee Da Hae andJang Hyuk partnered up once more for KBS’s “IRIS 2.” It was a pretty tight race for the ratings, with all three dramas securing double digit ratings.

The much hyped “IRIS 2” came out as the winner of the ratings race last night. According to AGB Nielsen, the action packed series recorded 14.4%. Choi Kang Hee and Joo Won’s romantic comedy, “Level 7 Civil Servant,” came in second with 12.7%.

“That Winter, The Wind Blows” gave fans a special treat by airing two episodes back to back. Both episodes achieved respectable double digit ratings with the pilot episode recording 11.3% and the second 12.8%.

“IRIS 2” story picks up three years after the death of Hyun Joon (Lee Byung Heon) in “IRIS 1.”  The plot will revolve around the mysterious surrounding Hyun Joon’s death and Baek San (Kim Young Chul), who had been arrested for being part of the secret organization, IRIS. The NSS agents, headed by Yoo Gun (Jang Hyuk), will struggle to fight against and expose IRIS, which has gotten larger and even more powerful than before.

“That Winter, The Wind Blows,” on the other hand, is a melodrama about a man and woman who don’t believe in love. Song Hye Kyo takes on the role of Oh Young, the sole heiress to a giant conglomerate. She lost both her parents and her eyesight, making her extremely self-protecting and lonely. Jo In Sung plays Oh Soo, a playboy and a gambler who lives a meaningless life. He sets his eyes on his next target, Oh Young, to repay an enormous amount of debt. While he approaches her for money, he ends up falling in love with her.

drama-wedthurs.jpeg

http://www.soompi.com/2013/02/14/ratings-race-which-drama-came-out-on-top/

Guest sharealittle

Thoughts while watching ep 1 with eng subs.
All the characters are great. You can feel the loneliness of Oh Young but you know that she will not be the type of heroine who would be fool around easily. Oh Soo's a cold hearted man in the inside but you can see a lot of moments when you know that he has a heart.
The other characters are not yet established but you know there is something in them that will be revealed on the following episodes. We can't exactly pinpoint yet if they are good or bad for our main pair.
And even the villains are great. An obsessed girl (ultra-obsessed mind you) and a responsible killer (he's doing his job of efficiently tailing our hero all the time and looking cool at the same time haha).
Interesting. Interesting.
Waiting for ep 2 subs. The preview is nice too for our 3rd episode.