[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest LevyDao

Have you all watched SHK & JIS new soju CF??????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CNjcmmA9M0
It's like a real CF 
=D>Credit: dramafever83

Guest katkat88

sunshine4ever said:
Everyone, I have a question about this bell...was this discussed before? But does anyone know why Oh Young likes this bell so much? Was it a gift from her brother?

Guest sunshine4ever

@icysolo, dear, will you please edit your post and take out the images quoted? Thank you. <3 If you want to know why, please check out post 1 under rules and please do not take offense as I know you're new in this forum.
katkat88 said: Hi sunshine4ever.  It's the prize they won at the shooting gallery in the amusement park they went in episode 3.

if you are in Korea, everything is simple. Visiting a place setting the drama, is it quite miraculous? Moreover, this scene is one of drama's most touching scenes. These two girls are very lovely, they imitate Oh Soo throwing rocks into the lake =D>
2432013103655882.png
243201310375946.png
2432013103714849.png
2432013103721848.png
2432013103736692.png
2432013103745789.png
2432013103753201.png
243201310383151.png
2432013103811514.png
2432013103820799.png
cre to uploader

I can't wait til next week's episode and I can tell it's going to be sad.  I don't want this drama to end yet because I will miss both pairings, O2 and Jun Sung/Hee Sun.  Anyway, does anyone know if they will release the female version of Winter Love which was originally sung by The One?

freshspring

wrote:

»

[size=2]if you are in Korea, everything is simple. Visiting a place setting the drama, is it quite miraculous? Moreover, this scene is one of drama's most touching scenes. These two girls are very lovely, they imitate Oh Soo throwing rocks into the lake

=D&gt;

[/size][size=2]

cre to uploader[/size]

Guest spideysteve

I see why people would say it's sexual harassment, and, for some people, the scene could be very triggery due to personal experiences. It's possible that I would have thought the same should the scene played out differently, and I believe everyone involved in filming it, including PD, the writer, and the actors, were aware that they're skating on thin ice. Like @kikay14 said, this drama is in fact very dark, and the Japanese version was even darker. The writer and the director put a lot of effort to make us feel not too suffocated by how depressing this drama can get.

That being said, the scene was well done imo, and I'm certain the cast and crew knew what they're doing.  It's not meant to be romantic, not at all; hence the lack of music or soft lighting. The house and the surroundings they're situated in are dark and decayed. OY's last "good" memory of the house was not even a pleasant one. It's full of tears and pain, betrayal and heartbreak. The happiness was a pretense before things fell apart. It's the last stop before OY's childhood and the time she got to spend with her brother came to an end, both in terms of the past and of the present. The whole journey were meant as a farewell from OY to OS, from a sister to a brother. The hug and the kisses were an accumulation of all the anger, desperation, helplessness, passion and desire. The emotions were very raw, exposed, and a little bit primal. It's a confrontation between two people, who had been deeply hurt, who had been hiding from and lying to each other, stripped of all the pretense and coating. It's very dark and very rough, and the beauty of the scene lies at that it's not beautified...for their love, or whatever it was between them, was started off from an ugly truth.

@sunshine4ever About the bell, since @katkat88 already answered, I'm just going to post a screencap. :D I remember @lyra_brillantez also mentioned the importance of the bell throughout this drama and in particular the role the chime played when OS and OY first met.

chime2.png

chime.png

Guest sunshine4ever

@spideysteve wow I just love how both you and I watched the exact same scene and looked at it differently. Although both of us could see them as hurting but we see different views. Your thoughts are so insightful. I think I focused on the inside more whereas you focused on the outside parts. So awesome. You pay attention to buildings more or scenery. I need to rewatch ep 1-4. :) I don't think I watch their first date properly. How could I missed the bell? Must be too focused on the way Soo looked at Young. So forgot the bell and his key chain for her.

Guest OreoVampire

@jjsweeter0211  thank you for sharing wonderful gif.
eehhh ehhh .. not forgetting @sunshine4ever ... thank you for wonderful thread. Awesome reviews \m/ this place is heaven.

tumblr_mk5049WPhj1r54tyro1_250.giftumblr_mk5049WPhj1r54tyro4_250.gif

Still images and gif sometimes give better view and capture about things we might pass or jump in drama we watch.

Yes, I don't pay attention when OY say to OS, "now we are really over right" ..Somehow I do feel shy of that kiss (never been kiss, not yet OK :)) :-$ ) Everyone now get the message that OY she has accept the truth. OS is not her real brother. They are over as siblings and what it makes hard to accept, that he is actually a fake brother. For me the kiss between them is nothing like a sexual attack or wild attempts from OS. It was far from sexual desire, hence it was mean to show that OS is trying to say I LOVE YOU. OS somehow needs to tell OY, time is very limited. Correct me if I put it wrong here, is that when words cannot explain and action helps? I am fine with all negative comments since I know, we all people come from different background and culture. The ways we have been brought also affect they way we think. To look at the positive side, I believe negatives comments comes from people those who still care about human behavior. People actually accept OS as a hero and not a con man instead. The writer has created such a beautiful character, and people admire him so much and trust him for her fake blind sister. Now it's proven that TWTWB is a hit A talk of the town. Everyone want's to participate to give their comments. I am happy that this drama TWTWB is still in category that is safe for public views. TWTWB is a matured blend from awesome Writer Noh and PD Kim. I agree with opinion from one of the commentator here, this drama is dark. But with the capabilities of the Writer, PD and team, we get to watch at lite momentum. Out of the dark side, there is only one focus, LOVE.  Otherwise, drama from a genre like this is only safe for personal reading from a novel. If the kiss scene is a sexual harassment from OS, the writer may show there must have been some dark energy from OS that can result to his action. All plots must have relates to each other. What the writer writes is what we see in the storyline. Anyhow yes, if it’s not logic then we argue. But there is nothing like OS plan to harm OY at all, it was normal behavior, OY confronts her, OS has so much to explain and he just need to to tell her. If that was a sexual harassment, why didn’t just lead the scene to a rape scene? Logically OS a man and with all his might OY is easy for him. Again, logic enough, it was just a kiss, I wanna hugs you, I care and I love you. This kissing scene in still acceptable compare to kiss scene in English movie, kiss and romance is so easy. But never with OY [-X . Thank You Writer-Nim, it's so wonderful to have beautiful character like OY in this K-Drama age. Smart & capable of giving that fast furious slaps, tall man like OS is not a problem B-)   She can do great in karate wehoooo! \m/

OK, let’s move on people. This drama is too awesome and we just want to enjoy the beauty of it. Don’t destroy a masterpiece with wild and unacceptable nonsense comments. We have limited time for that, let’s set campfire next week, even though someone may die, but keep believiong people, the true romance is out there!!!

superos_wedding.jpg

class="articletitle" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: none 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 33px; border: 0px none; line-height: 34px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"'And One' Puts Girls' Generation Leader Taeyeon At The Top Of The K-Pop Charts

Girls' Generation leader Taeyeon is topping all the charts this week with her new single "And One" from the That Winter, The Wind Blows OST.

There was a lot of excitement earlier this month when it was announced that Taeyeon would be adding her talent to the soundtrack for the popular SBS drama That Winter, The Wind Blows - and the song has definitely not disappointed.

Following in the footsteps of Gummy and The One, the latest addition to the OST, "And One," has shot Taeyeon to the top of the music charts.

This week the single debuted on the Billboard K-Pop Hot 100 chart at No. 1. "And One" also put the Girls' Generation frontwoman at No. 4 in the Melon rankings and in 2nd place on the GaOn chart.

This is no surprise, especially after the success of other songs from the soundtrack to the popular TV drama, most notably "Snow Flower" by Gummy which previously held the top spot on the Billboard list.

The soft melody highlights the singer's refined voice and Taeyeon sings with compassion and ease. The lyrics are genuine and express the emotions abounding star-crossed love. The piano accompaniment soothes the listener and gives Taeyeon an excellent platform to show off her vocal talent.

"And One" was written and composed for Taeyeon by Kangta, who previously penned Yesung's "Gray Paper." It first appeared in the March 7 episode of That Winter, The Wind Blows and was officially released on March 13.

But of course this is not the first time Taeyeon has appeared on a popular OST. Her solo career has included tracks for many TV dramas including the theme song "If" from the KBS2 show Hong Gil Dong, which also became very popular.

Fans can likely expect to see Taeyeon's talent on many future original soundtracks.

cr.: kpopstarz

Guest sunshine4ever

Okay, guys, so at first I didn't like it too much either thinking about how our thread has to deal with outside critics and then I just felt like when we disagree with their point of views it would lead to negativity in this thread. However, I think my point of views changed right now (since this morning) because I felt like maybe when we try to justify what we all think is true then we are going into another level of understanding of why other people criticize certain scenes? I have to say that I did watch episode 13's 1/3 part when it was airing live except I was more focused on washing my dishes than watching the episode because I must wash dishes before I head out of the house.

I did watch the kissing scene and I have to say I almost thought that we would have a bed scene or something because it looked so intense. At first she was rejecting it, but was submitting to the kiss afterward that was why I thought so when I watched it live. And even until now I do not get a chance to fully watch episode 13 yet. *sobs* But here are some scenes I think might be the reasons for all of those intensity to happen. I think it was because Oh Soo had been suppressing his feelings for Young for so long so it came out in a forceful way.

First off, she threw away his bell or rather the bell that she liked so much...gosh..thanks to you guys for responding now I understand why she loved the bell so much..it was because Soo got it for her...ahh...so can you imagine him seeing how much she loved his bell and was so attached to his bell, but in the beginning of episode 13 threw it  away in front of him...

This was what he looked like in episode 13 when she threw away the bell...
2ev86ep.jpg

She recorded herself saying that she knew he would be watching her video in the secret room/ghost room,

She smashed Lamb's ear (her favorite flower...the one she described to him)
25iaiar.jpg

His look after she threw the flowers and walked over them
w7de90.jpg

And then we reached the point where we had that scene of both of them going on the camping place together. Oh my gosh..okay I have to agree with @spideysteve that it is indeed dark because if you think about it Oh Soo was not the type that suppress his feelings. He was really really really holding on to those feelings and he was badly hurt by the way she treated him. Who can blame her because he was the one that made her that hurtful to even retaliate towards him like that. All of her behaviors were just simply mockery! Even to her words when they were at the lodge about him being trash and him being a con man. I'm so surprised he didn't beat her up. Sorry, but I would be in rage if all of these all came to me all at once. But at the same time we have to remember how much he missed being with her. Adding on to that is the fact that he found out that her eyes were uncurable and he hated those people that mistreated her so much that he had to beat them up, but he couldn't express it to her.

After finding out that she couldn't cure her eyes anymore he was so pitiful. It was as though he was blind himself, but could not see again because he kept thinking about how she wanted to see him and how he wanted her to see herself. So he went to beat up the doctor and he wanted to go to her for comfort (of course, he's not good with words, so he just wanted to be with her), but she rejected him.

258vuk9.jpg
2ic4ggk.jpg
24ot1e8.jpg

Goodness, okay, if all of those don't add up to what we saw at the end of episode 13, it wouldn't make sense at all. Anyway, for me the ending for kissing scene in episode 13 went well with the plot. I think if we disagree with the kiss we have to rewatch episodes 12-13 again to agree with the scriptwriter. And maybe some of us may not want to do that. But at least from other people's disagreement with the kiss I just learn to go back and trying to understand why they disagree. I finally understand now because I read a news lately saying that JIS said this character was really hard and he wanted to be presentable after a long break from entertainment.

Anyway, all characters have flaws. No one's perfect, but what matters now is that we are open for all of these flaws. But if he was sexually harassing her, he would have done so when she was sleeping. Why not done something worse while she was asleep? Why kiss her while she was awake and only after she had found out he is a man to her? Anyway, I guess only few has same view point as me since I didn't consider episode 11 a proper kiss since he just put his lips on to hers and pulled them out right away. I consider episode 13 a kiss, but not a long and passionate one because there were some fighting going on between Soo and Young, but even so she didn't slap him nor did she totally reject him. She did kiss him. It's just they didn't kiss each other at the same time. So I'm hoping to see that happens in upcoming episodes.

Although it is dark, but I think it is also light. I love all of their happy times together and all those times he kissed her. I don't know, but I just felt like he just admire her so much whenever he kissed her whether it was on the cheek or forehead. And now it's transitioning to not just the forehead/head or the cheek, but her lips. It'll just take a while, but no need to rush into episode 13's kiss. It was done so because it was full of strong feelings from Soo since he didn't know how to express himself since he, himself, was like that to begin with. If you all notice in episode 5 he was all mad and she pulled him in and held him. He was not able to express his anger/frustration either. So Soo's characteristics are very consistent.

Sorry for the long rant and hope this post makes some sense.

-EDIT-
I hope to see  more of this calm Soo in episode 14 just like we saw in episode 5. Only Young can do it with her touch.

34g5z7c.jpg