[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest iheartyou1518

inspiritley said:
-----
and the hardcore kissing ohmy god i thought idk if it was just me but i kind of laughed when the kiss happened??????????????////////// 

i agree, i think they should add music when he hug and kiss her.. without music, it abit awkward :))

Not only be slapped by almost everyone, our poor Oh Soo/JIS have been through this ... *sign*, how come ppl is so obsessed with his beautiful face in this hard way :))
8579387062_064231b239_z.jpg

8579387110_6059e171bd_z.jpg

Guest iheartyou1518

verona said: i agree, i think they should add music when he hug and kiss her.. without music, it abit awkward :))

Not only be slapped by almost everyone, our poor Oh Soo/JIS have been through this ... *sign*, how come ppl is so obsessed with his beautiful face in this hard way :))

Guest tiffany.shin

Do u lovely wind-lovers think we will get a special episode?? Bc if my calculations are right haha the week after next will only have the final (noooooooooo =(( ) episode left to air... Which means the Thursday night slot will be empty? There should be a special episode *-:) so we can see the chemistry our lovely couple share off screen too! or..... They can just air that winter the wind blows from the start all over again hehehe weeeeee :\"> *skipps off into lala land* On another note. I really really appreciate the dynamics brought about in this drama in regards to money - it being the source of life as well as demise. It's a major subject that plays not only through the major characters but also the minor ones like Dr. Cho (MC mentions how she had to leave her family in order to get to where she is). And then there's JS' sister who digs a bigger debt for OS bc of an incident that ultimately leads them back to the fact that they don't have money. I also really like how the writers and producers etc have made the story so beautiful one that plays like a fairy tale, yet also so tragic for its characters - all have a tortured past, all with something that is meant to tug at our heart strings and see that their faults only lie with them bc they are human. That they have also been hurt themselves eg SW. Who I was content with hating from the start but as her character unravels one starts to think more about why she is the way she is and that perhaps there is more than meets the eye. Another praise i have for this drama is that all the characters have such depth. Contrary to most other dramas which mainly focus on the central characters this drama is able to shed light on all its characters - major and minor. Haha ahh... Sorry my crazy loving rant for this drama shall end now. Lol I seriously believe there won't be another drama that can top this drama this yr 8-> it's complexity, depth and picturesque scenes are too top notch, :-*

Guest jjsweeter0211

"That Winter, the Wind Blows" breaks through 15%

Source | 2013/03/21 |

photo293630.jpg

SBS drama "That Winter, the Wind Blows" ranked top 1 by breaking its record.

According to Nielsen Korea, "That Winter, the Wind Blows" rated 15.3%. This is a jump from 13.3% and a record so far.

This is its second record in following 14.4% on the 7th. Jo In-Seong and Song Hye-kyo's kiss scene developed them into lovers from being brother and sister.

KBS 2TV "IRIS 2" recovered to 10.5% from 9.5%. MBC drama "7th Grade Civil Servant" with 8.4% rated 1.4% lower than the previous episode and came in last in line.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Guest sunshine4ever

Hi guys, so DramaFever had been subbing this drama at a mad speed. I wonder if it happens for other dramas, too? *scratching head* Back in my I Miss You days, DF version usually comes out on Friday or Saturday for me for episode that came out on Thursday, but oh my gosh, today's still Thursday night for me and episode 13 is already out for TWTWB at DF. :D

Check out episode 13 here if you can watch it:

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4216/That_Winter%2C_the_Wind_Blows/

-EDIT-

OY slapped OS, she poured water to his face, she's being cold to him... that's not because she hated him... I believe that deep inside, OY already falls in love with OS, not as siblings, but it's a real love...
*my reverse psychology theory*

Guest sunshine4ever

I just watched DF version the last scene for episode 13 and wow, so whatever I said in the other post and my point of view won't changed then. I have to say though I was writing in the post above to edit, but my post got wiped off *sobs* so now I have to retype what I wanted to say again. *sighs* I just thought the script was so great. Young said that the biggest reason that she couldn't forgive him for lying to her was because of her brother. It was as I suspected/concerned/worried about when I last wrote my thoughts couple days back before episode 12 was aired. However, I think she was also very hurtful because things she asked him was not something you want to ask him given that you know his past/hurt...maybe she didn't know how fragmented/fragile Soo is inside so she just asked things that made him felt uncomfortable about. But seriously though I just felt sorry for Young now thinking that in the back of her mind she would be thinking what kind of man she's involved with because he "intentionally" hurt her. I think she was mad at him because he was lying to her and not because of his past; however, reality hit home to her and maybe right now she might feel a bit shameful to even know a man like him? Oh, gosh, I don't know, but I'm sure Oh Young has feelings like we do, right? I mean she's probably not perfect to think that she should accept a man like Soo who lied to people and to her. Maybe she might learn from this experience that it is hurtful to be lied/fooled by him (she's victim of liars almost all her life).

Her asking him so many questions about his dreams/desires and him looking so uncomfortable when she asked him those kind of questions. I just felt like  his wounds were just being opened. There was this sense of shame that he was a gambler/con artist, but he was very honest to her about his dreams. That before he met her, he didn't desire to be anyone other than being a gambler/con artist. So that means that after he met her, he had finally changed his dream?

So my question is since this is like the first time Young ever experienced getting to know a swindler, will she learn to accept him and his past? (aka brokenness.) I mean she had her own brokenness, too, but it's different. It may seem shameful to her in the inside for being blind and not being able to see and do things other people could do, but what about his brokenness? His hurts from the past and other people that were involved in it? Anyway, I feel like I'm making things so tangled/complicated here, but I just think that the script for the ending of episode 13 really satisfied me. lol. What I feared most actually happened and well, she's still proceeding with the surgery so that was great.

I really hope to see Youngie see her brother's burial place (by the river Soo was scattering the flowers in episode 1) soon so she can see her brother.

-EDIT-
I know I have been saying that Oh Soo is a good man, but none of my posts so far had been giving a lot of evidences of him being a good man. lol. I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I mean that he is a good man. Maybe there will be a time when thoughts come out from this idea and then if I can share I can write about it, but I hope it comes out somehow later.

Anyway, here's an example of what a good man does (picture below)...kekeke.

He carried Young not just once, but twice and I just love his piggy-backs very much. I'm sure he had not done this to any women. Not to Hee Joo and not to the women he lied too before I think. So Young should consider herself special. Keke. She said something about him not being strong or something? Well, he looks strong here. :) Since he carried her.

34dh9c2.jpg

Guest brokenmachine

I think OS has been developed to a very consistent and real character despite a very typical/drama character concept. His more selfish behaviours towards OY in the past two episode are all very real. The idea of giving ourself a time frame and we will act certain ways to the time frame never really works, emotions cannot be controlled by 'play/stop' buttons. Soo's conflicts of staying and leaving really acted out well, as he sways between control and lost of control.

OY is the character I am having mixed feelings for, it is really hard to sympathize with her because there is this coldness and cruelty that stems from her blindness and years spent with SW. I think for her character to win me as an audience over in the next few episodes, she will need to believe in the compassion and love from other's and stop using her blindness as a barrier for herself/excuse for self-pity..I think that will be a break-through in terms of her character. 
Because it is more pathetic to sit alone in that house with all the money in the world then to come around and believe in the goodness in people before it's too late. And yes that includes the goodness in SW, not sure what it is yet...but there should be an explanation at some point.