[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

Isn't it ironic?
OS, is a man that wants to live, but everyone around him wants him miserable or gone.
OY, is a lady that wants to die, but everyone around her wants her to live and shelter her.

I think Young has got to know who Soo really is: - he never could give her any answer why his voice is exactly like the "friend" Soo who read her his letter - he could never give her a really good answer for why he a) stopped writing to her and B) waited so long to seek her out - he hesitates whenever she asks him for truth or a promise - he constantly pulls her close, then pushes her away - he slipped and called their father "your dad" - he cried uncontrollably over his "friend's" story (really, who does that? No guy on this planet)
He had some lucky breaks, but she already knows that "con" Soo and brother Soo were good friends (our Soo is making them out to be closer, I think, than they actually were), so it's not as if he wouldn't have had a chance to learn all about her from her real brother.And she has mentioned his smell, a couple of times, which I think is key for her; she can't remember what her brother looked like, but does she perhaps remember his smell? Scents can be really sharp memories (the smell of wet wood shavings always brings me back to a summer camp I went to in 1977, seriously) and I wonder if she knows this is another person, and one that she is attracted to (especially since it is not a cologne or a soap, but what is essentially him). She talked about blind people being attracted by sound (a rough voice) and touch (strong arms) but surely the way someone smells has to play a large part in it, too.

class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-bottom-style: none; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: white; color: rgb(54, 57, 69); letter-spacing: -1px;"Soo turns down the offer to take the money and leave Young

March 01, 2013 1:00 am cloud2c2h

SWOS_zpse21e010a.png

In the episode of SBS’s Wednesday-Thursday series That Winter, The Wind Blows that aired on February 28, Oh Soo is given an offer that he would have taken at a heartbeat if he hadn’t gotten to know Young. If you have not yet been watching the series, Soo has been pretending to be Young’s long-lost brother, so that he can inherit some of Young’s parents’ money to pay off his debt of about 72 million US dollars. Based on this, the offer from Secretary Wang, who is like a mother figure to Young, should sound irresistible  She offers, “I will give you the money you need. Just leave Young now.” To her surprise, Soo replies, “If I wanted money more than Young, I could have gotten it already in many different ways. I’m going to pretend I didn’t hear this from you.” He also warns her, “You’ve just made a mistake. Before I leave, I’m going to look into your history,” implying that he knows she’s done some things she doesn’t want to see surface.

cr. : http://en.korea.com/blog/enter/soo-turns-down-the-offer-to-take-money-and-leave-young/

@skelly - Even if MC were told it was So Ra who took the money, he probably wouldn't care. His goal seems to be to torture/kill OS. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he DOES know it was So Ra and that OS was framed. Maybe he'll have a change of heart down the road and admit to the club owner that it's not OS who did it but right now - he just wants OS dead. 
However, having said that - I noticed the club owner is having So Ra followed. Why else would he be doing that unless A) He's still in love with her B) He still suspects she's hooked up with OS C) He suspects OS and So Ra both stole his money together or D) He suspects OS didn't do it but that So Ra did instead and knows what MC is up to. 
@clockwatcher - OY is still treating him as Oppa but I still think she's not sure. Especially after OS told her the story of the other OS's first girlfriend being pregnant and dying. (he didn't mention a motorbike, I don't think?) She might suspect even more after hearing that story.  

@tessieroo, good point - obviously, for Moo-Chul the money means nothing; he just wants to see Soo dead, preferably after some torture, and so he is more than happy to get into trouble with the Boss for not moving things along fast enough - not enough pain has occurred yet, obviously. Also for this reason, it wouldn't be enough for Soo to tell Moo-chul the truth - he would just sit on the knowledge, because he wants to see Soo suffer - but if Soo got the information to the Boss, that might at least take care of his money troubles. But then, now his insides are obviously so twisty with his initial fear and cunning now mixed with pity, loyalty, and love...well, what's an anti-hero to do? Wait for the issues to come to him so he can summon up those great reaction shots of his, LOL.
On a totally unrelated note, I love how they have styled JIS in this show. They admitted they have his clothes custom-tailored, and they have really accentuated those storky long legs and arms. Honestly, he looks like a scarecrow out there, especially with all of the raw edges they have on his clothes, and the retro look of long coats and suspenders. I think it is a good look, a sortof implied frailty that matches the brittleness of his spirit and the twist-in-the-wind nature of his morality. I just adore his character - I want to sit him down, fix him a huge meal, and have the toughlove mom-son talk that he so desperately needs but never got. (He was born when I was in college, so I am def. old enough to be his mom; he just brings out all of my maternal fix-it urges, LOL)

OMG!!!!
again an awesome episode and my heart is beating crazily!!!
I've felt this sweet excitement after a long time and I'm really happy about it!!
that drama's being good cannot be described just because of two good-looking leads. yes! the most important and beautiful thing is that our couple really look perfect together but this is not the only reason, I believe.
first of all, I should congratulate SHK for her improved acting. she's so good and also different from the old projects. I know she has been critized about her lacking act and I suppose it will change thanks to this drama (I'm in the same boat). what I mean, all the actors is so good, the cinematography, directing, the never-ending exciting script, everything is so so so good.
I think I will never be able to express my feelings, and my heart's beating too fast because of joy!!!
I'm a big big big 'Secret Garden' fan (a biased fan) so I had some personal and childish thoughts and biases for the other new dramas and I feel that it's changing.
I believe that when you really love something, the hardest thing is waiting so I'm looking forward to the next week like a crazy even if I've just finished the episode 7. I wish such good dramas could be on screen as a whole (16 episodes at a one time :D )
have a nice week everyone!!!!
meow XO XO

Guest show2007

Last I checked I was on page 154 and now is 170.  Just a blink of eyes, I have 151+ comments to catch up.  This thread is as awesome as the drama. Need to rewatch ep. 5 and 6 and watch ep. 7 now.  Will be back with my feedback.  Thanks for all the wonderful pics and insightful comments WindBlowers!  You are the best!

I dont think MC will kill OS in the end, maybe he will die himself because he showed that he loved/loves HJ the most. I think only death will relieve the pain he is now inflicting on others (OS).

As for SR I think I am more afraid of her, I so can see her killing OS in the end! She is freaking obsessed with him and its getting very annoying for real. I want to see OS and OY as lovers and not as siblings :P

And did OY eat the medicine? OMG I so hope she didnt!

marie67

said:

I dont think MC will kill OS in the end, maybe he will die himself because he showed that he loved/loves HJ the most. I think only death will relieve the pain he is now inflicting on others (OS).

As for SR I think I am more afraid of her, I so can see her killing OS in the end! She is freaking obsessed with him and its getting very annoying for real. I want to see OS and OY as lovers and not as siblings :P

And did OY eat the medicine? OMG I so hope she didnt!

@skelly - Can I come along when you sit JIS down for a meal and a talk?  =)) I promise I'll clean up and do the dishes after. :D
I don't think MC will kill OS either but right now, he'd be happy if it happened. I see him having a change of heart but I'm not sure when or how that will happen. (or maybe I'm totally off base and he won't) I also doubt that the club owner would care if OS tells him he didn't steal the money - he just wants it back AND he's pissed that So Ra is following OS around like a puppy. (Wasn't she the club owners girlfriend to begin with?) So I see him wanting revenge, he might think OS "stole" So Ra from him. (If so, he's stupid - anyone can see it's So Ra who is in love with OS - not the other way around) But OS probably did the unthinkable by sleeping with the club owners girl. (bad move, dude) Anyhoo, that's only my take on the So Ra/OS/MC/club owner situation. 
The first 2 parts of EP 7 are almost complete, I love the ViKi subbing team! http://www.viki.com/channels/10519-that-winter-the-wind-blows/videos

It would be totally awesome if everybody is trying to tell OY that OS is not her brother and when she gets to know she will just smile and say: 'I know", I have known it from the beginning".

And then they will get engaged and get married and we will see that bell ring, and the camera will zoom in on a cradle and OY picks up her son while OS hugs her from behind and smiling that secretive smile while looking at OY and kisses her tenderly. OMG I am going nuts here ^^