[Drama 2013] That Winter, The Wind Blows/Wind Blows in Winter, 그 겨울, 바람이 분다

Guest sunshine4ever

@freshpring Joha johaaa.. JADE GARDEN already in my one top must visit place on november.. I will visit korea with my 2 sister in law. (We hav married 3 lucky brothers who has wife adore korean actor so bad.. ) The first sis in law love lee min ho so much(me too.. but jis already in top 1 and take won bin place since WHIB, min ho then be the 2nd one after watch him at personal taste and won bin take the 3rd, gong yoo at 4th and hyun bin at 5th hahahaaa.. no one from them could make me crazy just like insung did. Ahh..oh soo is really heroine#*^(_!@'?-), the 2nd one is me who adore jis so bad.. (because jis and twtwb, i even forget lee min ho will be hold fanmeeting today in jakarta) and the 3rd one just fall in love so deep with song joong ki at nice guy.. She told me.. we will visit joong ki house.. but ive told her to follow me to jade garden for an appointment with jis.. i will ask jis to ask jong ki to join.. since in sung was one person who did joong ki a boon to his career. She finally said " yes.. you re the best sis.. i think im the craziest before.." =)) Yeahh.. i think even in this thread.. some of you must be think im crazy .. ottoke.. X_X

pearlysweetyangela

said: @freshpring Joha johaaa.. JADE GARDEN already in my one top must visit place on november.. I will visit korea with my 2 sister in law. (We hav married 3 lucky brothers who has wife adore korean actor so bad.. ) The first sis in law love lee min ho so much(me too.. but jis already in top 1 and take won bin place since WHIB, min ho then be the 2nd one after watch him at personal taste and won bin take the 3rd, gong yoo at 4th and hyun bin at 5th hahahaaa.. no one from them could make me crazy just like insung did. Ahh..oh soo is really heroine#*^(_!@'?-), the 2nd one is me who adore jis so bad.. (because jis and twtwb, i even forget lee min ho will be hold fanmeeting today in jakarta) and the 3rd one just fall in love so deep with song joong ki at nice guy.. She told me.. we will visit joong ki house.. but ive told her to follow me to jade garden for an appointment with jis.. i will ask jis to ask jong ki to join.. since in sung was one person who did joong ki a boon to his career. She finally said " yes.. you re the best sis.. i think im the craziest before.." =)) Yeahh.. i think even in this thread.. some of you must be think im crazy .. ottoke.. X_X

Off topic: btw, what happened with my account or what i dont know, but I cant see my previous posts and the posts of some of friends here. Like @forevergirl and 1 more friend, sorry but forgot her username. Is there any problem with soompi itself? Help pleasee...

Guest sunshine4ever

@tessieroo, I meant to say that Soo is a good man not a good person. There is a huge difference into that. I don't know if he is a good person, but I know he is a good man to Oh Young. It's rather hard to explain that is why I said I was pulling my hair out, but I observed it in this drama. It's just my judgement about Soo, but I haven't been able to write up since episodes 9-10, so I kept talking, but so far haven't typed up any proofs/evidences yet about him being a good man. Just sharing glimpses here and there so far.

I want to share more thoughts about episode 13 (Let's call this part 3 sharing).

23rlu1j.jpg
^So I watched a bit of episode 8 again because I needed to do some capturing from this mountain's picture. I think they look so cute here together on the lift. I said somewhere that this was probably her first time ever being able to play outdoor/outside like this since the time her brother and mom left. So we found out from episode 13 that Young's mom and dad decided to divorce and split the two kids apart? Anyway, she looked super happy here with the snow. ^^ And being taken where she had been restricted to if she was to go by herself. I guess if Soo never showed up in her life, then she would more likely unable to experience it.

The reason why I went back to episode 8 was because this scene (in episode 13):
5b93j7.jpg

Reminded me of this scene so much:
2s9t1xg.jpg

Except that when I rewatched episode 8, I found out that Soo was also breathing really loudly because he was walking and carrying her for a long while, no? Well, I was really tired yesterday and when I saw the scene that Soo was piggy-backing Young it touched me so much. I guess when you're tired like me you'll definitely wanted to be lifted up and be carried home or something like that. So maybe that scene that he piggy-backed her in episode 13 made a big impact on me because I was in the moment with Soo (because he was carrying her behind his back and panting) and perhaps Young (because I really wanted to be carried when I am tired). And then I thought of the route that she had taken or the path that Young had to travel...(those roads are difficult ones because she will have to be hospitalized soon due to her brain tumor)

10nucrc.jpg
t6e1l1.jpg

Even though the road was closed for the car, Soo still insisted on taking her where she wanted to go....so it made me think of all the rough roads that Young had been walking before Soo came into her life....and it touched me because when I saw him carried her behind his back and carrying a huge backpack in front of him....I thought of all the things that happened in her life and how this piggy-back scene (which didn't just happen once but twice now) has so much symbolism along with it. He looked like he wasn't just a stand-by or a stranger any longer, but rather a companion to Young. He chose to travel along the same path as she did and not only did he choose to go with her, he carried her along the way to get to where she wanted to go.

When I thought of this scene again which like I said so in my last post from last night, I said that Young seemed to be feeling ashamed of getting to know Soo because he was a swindler, right? But somehow I was thinking if she already knew who he was and he admitted to her at this moment that he was the one that lied to her and that he found no other excuses for his crime...and yet at that moment it was very awkward and difficult for him yet he still was honest to her...then that means that later if she loves and accepts him, then she would then accept who he really was and is at this moment because he was being very honest to her here...for me it was just "this is me...although I am shameful that it is me, but this is me you're seeing."
10d8753.jpg
^I think Soo's very naked here in the sense that he was able to reveal himself finally instead of lying to her...and even then before her love for him was real except that she thought he was her oppa so she loves him as her brother, but now that she knows he's the other Soo, so I think if she will ever accept him again, then she'll love Soo for who he is and/or was...because right now the current Soo is no longer the old Soo that met her days ago...(not sure if it was 2 months yet that they have met each other, but last time it said 28 days left, so I think they've known each other for 2 months?).

The scene above between Soo and Young sitting together in the lodge reminded me so much of this scene in episode 7:
11980lj.jpg
^In this scene she was expressing to him how compassionate she is to Soo. Anyway, for me, I'm thinking because she was a victim so for her it is now very hurtful, but I'm sure if she realizes his love for her, she would have already forgiven him.  Which I think she will because it seems like episode 14's preview is saying, so? Whatever the case is, I was thinking if she could love him, she would be the one who gave him hope to change his life around because she really treated him very special. But now if she turns around and treats him like "trash" like everyone else does because of his past, then there is no point for him to grow.

From seeing the piggy-backing scenes and the scenes that Young was comforting Soo about his past in episode 7 I was thinking that both Soo and Young are actually each other's healer. I said yesterday in one of my posts that Soo seemed to be very weak whenever it comes to his own problems. Now I thought back I think Young was also very weak against brain tumor and was hopelessly wanting to die before Soo ever came into her life. Yet Soo was not hesitant at all and was really a big fighter for Young when he decided to help her find the cures to RP and also brain tumor. I know it is so sad that we all found out that she can't cure her eyes and has 10% chance of recovering from brain tumor even after surgery, but Soo was still fighting on and never giving up. So my hope is that Young will eventually love and accept Soo and help him pick up his pieces because really, he was also hurtful due to his past sins and also with all those people involving in trying to get/kill him and/or come after him for money.

I'm hoping what I wrote above make some senses as it is hard for me to express the idea that both Soo and Young really do need each other. I just felt like Soo was fighting for Young, so I'm hoping Young will be the one who save Soo from his messes.

what i want the most after watch episode 13 is..
i wish i could be Oh Soo and oh Young peacemaker 
and JIS & SHK Matchmaker
watching Oh Soo try to not crying while make a video record.. I feel like Oh Young, and cry so bad.. i wish i could go there and hug him.. cause if it's me,, all i need that time is comforting hug..
and its just the same when i watch Oh Young found out that someone she love and trust the most lie to her.. I wish I'm her friend, who can cry with her. 

Their acting is so real .. 
and what makes me really crazy is.. because it's not only the quality of their acting.. but all part of this drama is really match with my heart.many k-drama storyline touch my heart. but twtwb do more than that.. 
That Winter The Wind Blow officially my No.1 favorite drama of almost 100 title i've watch since 2000its awesome to know.. my favorite actor JIS and my favorite actress SHK could be in one project.
I can't even imagine how i feel if the next project they will be pair with another actor or actress..   #-o [-(

Guest Fidelity

Ah, I've been extremely curious about the full version of the song, 'Winter Love'. I ran across few articles while searching for it and it seems like it's gaining popularity quickly even though a full version hasn't been released yet.

최근 SBS 수목드라마 '그 겨울, 바람이 분다' OST ‘겨울사랑’의 여자버전이 인터넷을 뜨겁게 달구고 있다. 청아하고 애절한 보이스에 이목이 집중, OST 주인공에 대한 네티즌들의 궁금증이 증폭하고 있는 것.

지난 20일 첫 공개된 ‘겨울사랑’ 여자버전은 가수 더원이 부른 오리지날 버전과는 색다른 애절함으로 공개와 동시에 많은 인기를 얻고 있다.

이 렇게 뜨거운 관심을 한 몸에 받고 있는 OST의 주인공은 바로, sidusHQ 신인 걸그룹 ‘2EYES’ 멤버. 이번 OST를 통해 탄탄한 실력을 발휘한 ‘2EYES’는 데뷔 전부터 파워루키 탄생을 예감케 하며 더욱 기대를 모으고 있다.

http://www.fnnews.com/view?ra=Sent1301m_View&corp=fnnews&arcid=13032217091012&cDateYear=2013&cDateMonth=03&cDateDay=22

The article says that queries for the female version of  the song, 'Winter Love' has been surfacing hotly on the Internet. It was sang by girl group '2EYES' member 'sidusHQ', in case anyone else was wondering. She has been called a 'power rookie' since debut.

I want to listen to the full version... like now!

Guest malou1310

That Winter Song Hye Kyo, Director and even Writer Praise her High Level of Acting, Where is the end?ccc201303220945050310_1.jpg

‘Where is the end to Song Hye Kyo’s acting?’

Actress Song Hye Kyo of SBS That Winter, The Wind Blows is shaking the hearts of television viewers with her climatic acting and eye-catching beauty.

Song Hye Kyo’s fashion, makeup, hairstyle, etc. have become hot topics, and of course, one by one, as her lines, eyes, and slight movement of her fingertips are garnering attention, viewers have fallen under ‘Oh Young Syndrome’ and ‘Song Hye Kyo Syndrome.’

Song Hye Kyo has captivated the hearts of viewers for her transparent skin and rising beauty, but more than anything else, it is because of her perfect and delicate acting. Compared to other dramas, That Winter has a lot more close-up scenes and requires delicate acting. For an actress, it can be burdensome, but rather in these close-up scenes, Song Hye Kyo conveys the emotions by making subtle changes in expression, which makes viewers even more absorbed and drawn into the emotional empathy.

Co-star Jo In Sung, who plays Oh Soo, said, “When I watch Song Hye Kyo act, I even get goosebumps at times. To be able to do the highest level of acting with her is an honor.” In this aspect, she is immersed in the drama every time by unfolding the highest level of acting, and even in extremely powerful close-up scenes and even in ardent sobbing scenes, it is not the least bit awkward. Rather, Song Hye Kyo’s acting makes viewers sympathize with Oh Young to a great extent and they are deluded into believing they are like Oh Young themselves. As a result, when Oh Young is happy, they become happy with her and when she is sad, they cry.

bbb201303220945050310_2.jpg

Director Kim Kyu Tae, who has been directly working with her spoke of her acting stating, “She gives more than 120% in her own role, and for that passion, I sincerely want to applaud her. No words or flowery language could express the gratitude I have. As a director, the only thing I can give her is to do my best to make the character of Oh Young that she is portraying even more beautifully and comfortably reach out to viewers.”

Writer Noh Hee Kyeung also did not hold back praise. She said, “Working with Song Hye Kyo this time around, I vividly saw my limitations. I am growing older, and have always been proud of my concentration, but this time I felt Hye Kyo’s at work. If I put three or four overlapping emotions in one scene, Song Hye Kyo will analyze it again, and make it into four or five. Even so, I feel as though she has not shown all of her continent. I do not want to admit it, but the product of Oh Young is solely Song Hye Kyo’s tenacity.”

aaa20130322_1363917368_33058900_1.jpg

Song Hye Kyo’s long time fans who have supported and protected her also wrote favorable reviews, such as “For this role, there have been many difficulties and a lot more thorough preparation in it, and it shows honestly in her acting. Her beautiful face all the way to her perfect acting seem to be shining through with charm,” “I never get tired of looking at her; that lovely woman, Song Hye Kyo, whose depth in acting evolves in every project!”, and “As I watch the drama, it is not Song Hye Kyo I see, but it is Oh Young, and I am startled over and over. While being so sorrowful like that, how can she cry to make you feel so sorry, and at the same time, be so lovely? Rather than just crying prettily, she cries sorrowfully. Rather than just laughing lovingly, with hurtful words and nonsense words, she shows it through her whole body.”

As Oh Young is not superficial and has a complex interior, she is not an easy character to portray, but Song Hye Kyo has made viewers emphasize with Oh Young and they are equally looking forward to the remaining 3 episodes.

Reporter Cho Hyun Jung hjcho@sportsseoul.com

Source: Sports Seoul
Translated by: Shanda @ Songhyegyo.net

Guest malou1310

class="entry-title" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 1.8em; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; letter-spacing: -1px;"‘Wind Blows in Winter’ tops the Wed/Thurs drama ratings again20130321_windblowsthatwinter-600x334.jpg

Wind Blows in Winter‘ is proving itself as the weekday drama to beat as it has once again clinched the #1 spot for the Wednesday/Thursday drama ratings!

According to AGB Nielsen, ‘Wind Blows in Winter’ cranked in 15.3% for the Thursday show, which is the highest rating it’s had so far during its run.

IRIS 2‘ also rose 1% from its 9.5% on Wednesday to get back into double digits again with 10.5% on Thursday, taking 2nd place. Unlike the other two dramas, ‘7th Grade Civil Servant dropped 1.4% to last place with 8.4%.

http://www.allkpop.com/2013/03/wind-blows-in-winter-tops-the-wedthurs-drama-ratings-again

Guest MGYlove

class="blog_h2 entry-title"[PHOTO] beautiful SONG HYE GYOsonghyekyo.jpg

recently, song hye gyo is taking a drama .

she is very beautiful in the drama.

she looks like a goddess in the drama and reality.

ec86a1ed989ceab590-630x695.png
ec86a1ed989ceab5902-630x344.jpg
ec86a1ed989ceab5903-630x702.jpg
ec86a1ed989ceab5904-630x368.jpg
ec86a1ed989ceab5905-630x714.jpg
526818_10151493425225762_800567812_n.jpg

©korea.com

Windblowers here are just awesome. You gals are so fast and at this rate, I feel as if I'd never be able to catch up. As it is, since this morning, I had 10 pages to read and half a day later! I still have another 5 pages to read! wangnyeo said: I am sooooooooooo sad and believe or not I am even tearing now !
I just found that the next drama after TWTWB will start its first ep on 4th April / Thursday !! 
:((

so no special episode for us .. and if the ending is not a happy one ,, I will for sure commit a sucide for my love to K drama after 5 years of addiction !!
as I am sure I caaaaaaaaaaaaaan not handle it 
=((

cr upcoming-drama-2013-all-about-my-love-all-about-my-romance thread on Soompi 

Guest sunshine4ever

@ZarraJae, if you're talking about pages I'm behind, it must be a lot. Haha. I usually read backward. So I read latest post first and then going backward. :D I think I only read 10 pages so far (backward) since last night I was here. It's just a suggestion, but it's up to you however you wish to read. ^^

Thanks so much to @jjsweeter0211, @freshspring, and @utkim for posting pictures for us. :)

I should really devote some hours tomorrow going back for more pages that I missed.

@LuvMinHo, you can find the streaming links to watch this drama with English subs here @ DF's site DramaFever  or Viki's site Viki. Welcome to the thread.

Guest jjsweeter0211

@sunshine4ever:  I'm so addicted to this drama and I love this thread so much. Everyone is so nice~ I love sharing lots of pics, reading your  wonderful recaps and insights, laughing out loud at the funny posts and simply because I feel happy when I'm here especially on Thursday morning and Friday morning every week since I can't watch the drama live. I think I'm in love with this drama more because of all of your posts. It made me understand every little details and feel more deeply. I can't believe that the drama is going to end soon and I'm certain that I'll suffer from the withdrawal symptoms. 

tumblr_mk11hz5SQA1qbxx00o1_250.giftumblr_mk11hz5SQA1qbxx00o2_250.gif

cr gifs to shura

@sunshine4ever Lol, I sometimes do that, but because whenever I open the page, it automatically connects me to the page where I stopped last, so I'd just continue from there. :Djjsweeter0211 said: They made an ad for BlackYak ( the brand that In Sung is endorsing) after the PPL article  came out LOL

cr 

firstone.jpg
havent made one of this in a longggggggggggggggggggggggggg time lol  i've forgotten how to use most of the tricks in adobe photoshop lol anyone willing to tutor me?
is anyone keeping a photobucket or anywhere of screenshots from the episodes? mind sharing? :D  i just used whatever pictures i found lol