Goo Hye Sun 구혜선

Admin

Guest minjee

super thanks meow for the fancams! :D I like fancam 2 the most where she wears the sexy black dress and everyone cheers for her and Daniel's reaction hehe! :D I guess because the fancam shows the loveline of the characters :D:P is this the fancams taken from the fan from Taiwan who came to the presscon? ~~ anyway I'm sure all SUNNIES are very thankful to his/her for taking some fancams! :D :D thanks all SUNNIES for the updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Good day to all Sunnies,

Wow, I'm short of breathe, hypnotize by her beauty, now I know why someone couldn't take his eyes away..... Who could compete a "natural beauty"?

Big thanks to all, Cheerkoo, Meow, Natali, Minjee and everyone, names too many.... for the updtes, vid, pics etc... I'm too excited to see Hyesun on screen again.

I'm wishing and praying that TMU will be a great success to end year 2011. Hyesun fighting!!!!

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

Victory to THE MUSICAL!!

Thanks Sunnies for all the pix, updates and more.

There are so many articles and blogs and news posted in DC.

I cannot give specific source as it was too much for me, but everything was found through DC--Thanks to all the hard working members in GHS DC.

**GHS is the reason that Japan has bought the right to show the drama in Japan for about $1,200,000--I hope that I did not add too many 0's--in Korean, it was 120만불---if anyone can check---Thanks. They says it is the power of GHS being a Hallyu star. Taiwan and China are also in negotiation to import the drama.

**GHS said in the press conference that she was approached to act in THE MU by both the director and the script writer of THEMUwho visited her in person when she was making YoSool or Magic movie. Bothe the director and the writer have tallked about making this drama for over 5 years and the writer decided to write it the way she would enjoy it herself if she were the viewer.

**Many DC members are very happy that GHS and Daniel Choi seem to make an adorable couple and that they seem to be very close--that helps for the drama....Some have thought that Daniel Choi is somewhat reserved and difficult to approach through their impression from High Kick Through the Roof series. But through the press conference, they were so happy to find that he seems very outgoing, lively, funny and even naughty......I think so too.---They are also very happy that he became close to GHS enough to agree to do cameo for her new movie to come, Peach Tree.  (I think I agree with their impression of DChoi..keke)--the fact that GHS and DC seemed playful together in the selca pix by 4 stars of THEMU further show that GHS and DC are very much in sync with each other....keke

It appears that the articles and blogs about Jo SeungWoo deciding to make cameo at THE MU drama is very recent. One article posted on August 31 says that he is waiting to do his cameo for THEMU!! Wow! GHS really makes lasting friendship and relationship with people she work with. As we all know, JSW is the main star of GHS's new movie, Peach Tree. He was also the lead musical actor for Jekyl and Hyde in Korea while he was acting for THE Peach Tree. He, along with DanChoi, has a mug signed at the Carfe Manolin and wa spottted playing with Potato in Cafe Manolin by a blogger, and he is also an extremely well known and well respected actor in Korea!!!!!

**Supposedly SBS station is having a great success with their choices of dramas this season---Their MonTues drama (ohhhh, forgot the name) is number 1 in rating. Wed/Thu drama Protect the Boss may not be number 1 but is receiving great reviews and that is why there is anxiety and great hope for their Friday drama, THE Musical. We here at Soompie and all the fan of GHS, ChoiDan, Park GW, OkJH and ParkGL and fans of musicals,,,,,,pray and wish for huge success of THE MUSICAL!! Ohhh, Please!!!--but as you all said, so far, I am definitely intrigued.

Thanks everyone!!

PS Just saw the 3 fancams---wow-love all of them!! Love the song that GHS was singing also!!--something about "came a long way, to do a musical...365 days a year...." Her voice is very pretty...GHS said that she did all her parts for singing and DanChoi said that he never even touched piano but took some lessons and tried to do most of the piano playing himself--in the vid clips of the drama, he said that he could not tell which hands were his or the substitute's....the director must be good!!! OH, yeah, I also read that GHS had to some singing or performance live before a live audience. Her stage fear really got in the way. So, she says she got permission from the director to drink a special wine (used in Korea for its health benefits) before performing. She says that it came out OK as her character is not supposed to be that good anyway....(keke--she is always very humble..but isn't it amazing that she took a role that would have parts where she has to confront her fears and deal with it??!!--that is one of many reasons that I am still her fan.)

Fighting and Victory for THE MU!!

Allkpop also posted the news as sue said above :D

Goo Hye Sun’s ‘The Musical’ gets picked up by Japan for $1.2 million

by VITALSIGN on September 1, 2011 at 2:24 am

20110901_themusical.jpg

Although Goo Hye Sun’s upcoming SBS drama, ‘The Musical‘, has yet to hit the airwaves, it’s already been bought by a Japanese broadcast network!

On September 1st, the drama’s production company revealed that it was purchased for $1.2 million USD. The drama contains a total of 16 episodes with a line-up featuring Goo Hye Sun, Daniel Choi, Ock Joo Hyun, and Park Ki Woong.

The story line centers around medical student ‘Go Eun Bi’ (played by Goo Hye Sun), who’s a medical student but actually dreams of becoming a musical star. Thanks to the popularity of ‘Boys Over Flowers‘ in Japan, Goo Hye Sun’s influence certainly be making its way into her other projects.

The drama will begin airing in Korea on September 2nd at 10 PM KST.

Source + Photos: Star News via Naver

Link : Allkpop

Guest eunhye05

Hey  Sunnies! The Youtube version of the fancam is up! SBSNOW Just tweeted:

SBSNOW

SBS 새 금요 드라마 <더 뮤지컬> 하이라이트 영상 http://youtu.be/5sXqXOInHPM ▶구혜선,최다니엘,옥주현,박기웅,기은세,박경림 출연 ▶내일(9/2) 밤 9시55분 첫 방송

You can hear the longer version of GHS singing! :D I can't stop playing replaying and replaying this video! Let's make it viral! :)

This highlights video is sooooo good! I have a good feeling about this entire series! :D DAEBOK! DAEBOK!

The Musical Fighting!!!!

Guest eunhye05

haha! No probs! I agree Dewimoar! Love the chemistry!

Here's another article I found! Such an optimistic person our girl is. ;)  Here's to the start of many more inspiring roles from her.

According to GHS: “I want to make people feel happy when they watch me onscreen  and the first work I encountered when I started to take on this mindset  was ‘The Musical.’”

I remember her saying something similar to this before in an interview. Looks like she really stays true to her word since there's also the Fly Again role that's also about hope and dreams :)

‘The Musical’ co-star Ku Hye-sun Sees Hope in Song and Dance Series

Some people may have thought that “The Musical” ― a song-and-dance made-for-TV miniseries ― would never see the light of day. The drama waited in the wings with the press second-guessing its fate  every step of the way. After what seemed like an eternity, “The  Musical” landed a not-so-hot Friday night slot on SBS.

“You know, I guess you could say it’s actually kind of sad to be  watching a drama on a Friday night,” said actor Choi Daniel, unabashedly  forthright at the series’ press conference Tuesday.

“But I hope this drama will be a source of comfort to viewers.”

Choi did not attempt to sugarcoat the situation, saying that “The  Musical” was “a very, very long time in coming” and that “we kept  filming on and off and on and off.”

“Last year, we started filming in May and June then we stopped  because of certain difficulties,” co-star Ku Hye-sun, whom many remember  as the heroine of “Boys Over Flowers,” explained.

“Then we started filming again and then we stopped again so I went  onto film a drama in Taiwan and Daniel went on to do ‘Baby-faced  Beauty.’

“To be quite frank, it isn’t that great to have all those stops in between,” Ku added.

The absence of musical actress-diva Ok Ju-hyeon, who is starring in  the drama, at the press conference did little to alleviate the  gloom-and-doom vibe overshadowing the series. It is too early, however,  to write off “The Musical” as a failure.

Though Friday night is generally seen as a time to go out and party,  it looks like there are plenty of people who like to stay home and turn  on the tube instead.

Mnet’s explosively popular reality show “Superstar K” ― now into its  third season ― airs on Friday nights at 11 p.m. and OCN has been airing  made-for-cable dramas on Friday nights at midnight as well.

In other words, a Friday night time slot does not necessarily spell a  ratings disaster. Instead, it looks like the greatest hurdle “The  Musical” faces is in selling its subject matter. To date, music-heavy  series have been ringing in volatile ratings.

Both SBS’ “He’s Beautiful!” and “I’m Legend,” two series that  centered on bands, failed to bring in high viewer numbers when they  aired.

While KBS’ “Dream High” ― a JYP-and-Yonsama-fronted music drama ―  performed well last year, MBC’s “Heartstrings” ― a collegiate musical  romance ― bit the dust this summer.

“The Musical” actress Ku, however, seemed unperturbed by it all,  displaying a positive attitude toward her role as an aspiring musical  actress opposite Choi Daniel’s genius composer.

“Now that I am 28, I want to instill hope in viewers through my  projects,” she said. “Rather than feel the need to focus on evolving as a  thespian, I want to make people feel happy when they watch me onscreen  and the first work I encountered when I started to take on this mindset  was ‘The Musical.’”

“The Musical” starts airing Sept. 2 on Friday nights at 9:55 p.m. on SBS.

via KHerald [Jean Oh]

credit: http://kseoulmusic.w...d-dance-series/

thanks siidudul for posting the article from allkpop, I'm happy about the news, I wonder which TV station in Japan will pick it up, I know FUJI TV has some controversy/negative criticisms back in Japan by getting too much kdramas in their network there were even japanese protestors who weren't so happy with the hallyu wave. Anyway I was reading the comments there and how some people reckon Hyesun should leave YG entertainment because they feel YG doesn't promote their actors as much as their singers....but this comment from pinupgirl158, definitely was oppose to that and even added reasons why Hyesun won't leave YG ent. It definitely made :) how she was informed about HS.

Her comment ---> "FOR THOSE PEOPLE SAYING GOO HYE SUN NEEDS TO LEAVE YG I don't think she'll ever leave YG.

1. YG treats all their artists well. Papa YG really cares. Even Goo Hye Sun herself said that she doesn't call him saseong-nim but calls him oppa w/c makes Sandara jealous cuz she's the same age as her and Park Bom. She even said in Win Win that she confidently asks Papa YG cash and she's the only one who gets away w/ that in the company.

2. YG are more than ready to handle actors at present than before. They removed all their actors in the past to concentrate on music that's why Park Han Byul left YG. Goo Hye Sun was supposed to debut as a singer that's why she stayed. Now they have Sean's wife Jung Hye Young, Yoo In Na and Tablo's wife Kang Hye Jung who is one of the most respected young actresses today.

3. Goo Hye Sun is respected well by YG and they understand the things she wants to do like directing, holding art exhibits and releasing her own album that isn't hip-hop or rnb at all...a 1st from YG.

4. They give her good projects but they also give her time for the things that she wants to do and it's an entertainer's dream in Korea to actually get that privilege.

---

thanks eunhye for the long preview I also kept on replaying it over and over!!! :D Ahhhh 2 more days! :D :D

cr:allkpop

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

여신쿠/goddessku posted a way for overseas GHS fans to view THE MUSICAL live.

She says in advance that she is not totally sure if it will work but she is giving us a way.

I am sure many of soompies already know many methods---I just don't get how to use it very easily even with good explanation.

여신쿠/goddessku says that there is no need to log in either.

Here is the page in DC for more clear description along with pictures---she is really good. I will just translate her words.

http://gall.dcinside...1873&page=1=

Goddessku/여신쿠 and all the DC members!! Thank You! Soompi/쑴피에서 진심으로 감사드려요!! 

KBC(SBS 광주방송)------below must be the website.

http://www.ikbc.co.kr/2011/10schedule/schedule01.php?list_date=201109021.

1. SBS 생방송 버튼 클릭하기---1. click on the "SBS 생방송" button  or

or

2. TBC 버튼 클릭하기----------------2. click on the "TBC" button

http://tvsbox.com/main.php

※  http://www.cdmatv.com/

(이건 [한국]  KBC, TBC, PBC, CJB등 버퍼링만 계속 되서 되는지 안되는지는 잘 모르겠음)

(She says this site ( [한국]  KBC, TBC, PBC, CJB etc.)  kept on "buffering" that she is not sure if this works or not.)

해외팬들을 위해 더 뮤지컬 실시간으로 볼 수 있는 방법을 찾아봤는데

제대로 나올지는 장담못하겠지만, 아무쪼록 다 같이 더 뮤지컬 같이 볼 수 있었음 좋겠다는 바램

(She says that she was trying to find a way for the overseas fans to watch THE MUSICAL during the real broadcasting time. however, she cannot guarrantee that it will actually work. But she hopes and would love it if we can all watch THE MUSICAL together.)

Guest eunhye05

Thanks sue/cheerkoo. :)

I also found this other website with instructions on how to watch korean tv live. There are options for SBS

http://minsarang.wordpress.com/how-to-watch-korean-tv-live/

Im not sure whats the best option yet. Have no time to go through them at the moment. Maybe one of you can check which one's successful and which is the easiest to use. hehe

Guest francia1980

Hello sunnies :)

I'm too excited for tonight...I will try to view all the links, i hope it works successfully..

THIS IS THE DAY THAT IM WAITING FOR...GHS fighting..

Also, lets all participate  with  the "TWEET BRIGADE CAMPAIGN" .:)

I am very excited...but won't be able to watch live stream tonight...it's past night over here :wacko: I'm looking forward to lots of pics and spazz! Hopefully someone will upload it online so I can watch...it doesn't even have to be subbed! :lol: I'm just so glad she's back on screen! Are there anymore news about her new drama? Thanks Sunnies for all the updates! You guys are the best!

Thanks sue/cheerkoo. :)

I also found this other website with instructions on how to watch korean tv live. There are options for SBS

http://minsarang.wor...korean-tv-live/

Im not sure whats the best option yet. Have no time to go through them at the moment. Maybe one of you can check which one's successful and which is the easiest to use. hehe

Hello to all sunnies  :)

@eunhye05 ~~thanks for the update, can I ask if you know what is the real time in Korea today? I want to know the time difference here in our country so that I can watch the live streaming of "THEMU" if all the links will be successful. Thanks in advance sis.. :)

Thanks to sis meow, nat, minjee, sue and to all sunnies for giving us the unstoppable updates and translations...  :D:wub:

Though its too late but I still want to "welcome back" our sisters hart, siidudul and betchay, nice to see you here again B) 

I think not only GHS but also us Sunnies who is also experiencing nervous and excitement  while waiting for the 1st episode of 'THEMU', keke :)

Hye Sun, FIGHTING !!! :wub:

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

Rough translation of the trailer or preview of the long version of THE MUSICAL:

Thanks everyone!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sXqXOInHPM&feature=player_embedded

GoEunBi (GEB) sings in class—“Right this moment, only for me,,,,” (classmates laugh)

The man with bad perm (I think he is also the director of the drama!!)—Our Hong Jae Yee (HJY) who is the best composer in Dae Hak Ro (College Road??)---(HJYgets up to leave-)—Come on Jayee, just one more time..

HJY—I’m never doing musical again. If you do that again, I will not buy you any more drinks either.

GEB—Ajussi (to Yoo Jin or Park GW character), why are you doing this (he just pulled her out of audition)

YJ—I am the person who invest into musical. If I don’t OK it, you cannot. So leave.

YJ and his grandfather bringing over bouquet for Bae GangHee (Ok Joo Hyun)—(In the background Bae did not want to see anyone but she is happy to see the YJ’s grandfather.) The grandfather says Sorry to Bae.

IN the background, it also says that opportunities come only to those who are ready.—several times.

A scene where YJ and his fiancée Suh Rah Gyung are watching audition tapes and GEB comes out. SRG recognizes her and YJ tells her to be quiet so that he can listen to GEB.

(I read the director say that most dramas have three way love conflicts but in THE MUSICAL, there are 5 way love conflicts.)

New scene with GEB—she is working but looking for auditions.She mumbles to herself about audition for child actor, a female lead audition but it is for September which is next month and she also sees the audition for male chorus for Bae GangHee musical. Initially she abandons the idea then she gets interested. Then we see GEB dancing.

In the background is voice of Yoo Jin—If you auditioned 80 times and never got any parts, do you know what that means? This is an audition for the male chorus only. Women do not qualify. GEB says, I am a man. She gets pulled out. YJ—young lady, you do not have a talent.  GEB says—that is not true,,,I just did not get a chance. A voice says, a chance comes to those who are ready. While GEB is kicked out of audition, Park GyungLim is watching the whole thing.

Park GL says—I’m called Christine, You never received lessons before. Right? GEB shakes her head. Then they are eating together and GEB says she is interested in the results. Christine says she can even give the lessons directly by herself. Then, GHS shouts something that I do not understand.

Another scene in a meeting. YJ wants to know who is the best creative composer? Bae says there is someone.

New scene at the airport…man with bad perms---I heard that the Korea’s best composer is arriving in Korea and I came personally to pick you up. Aren’t you impressed? Hong says he does not what musical is.

Another scene; Musical Queen (name of the musical that YJ is investing) has sold out in Seoul performance. For the next year, the musical team is performing through out the nation and pop champagne. (Is that lady Bae Gang Hee??)

Man with bad perm—Let me ask you frankly..is that because of Bae GangHee? Did you give up composing for the musical because you are worried about running into Bae Gahng hee? And that is why you are dealing with the regular people? Hong says nothing.

GHS knocks on Hong’s door. He must be giving her music or voice lessons. Hong asks if she is the one who received the phone call. GEB says—yes NO matter what song it may be, I will consider it my song for that moment. Hong says let’s start, if you are ready. GHS sings: “I returned from a long road. Because I wanted to do the musicals. ..Hong says that the song is so so but that Go reads music very well… Go sings, took a leave of absence, one year, 365 days, 8670 hours passed by so fast…80 auditions, low pitch that never goes low,,if the notes goes too high, voice shakes,,(Hong laughs) –I failed each and every audition 80 times. Then I tried again and in two weeks, I made a decision ( she speaks this sentence),,I will audition as a man….That is how I met my teacher..(Go claps---Go must have written the words to the song in the drama..keke) Hong asks Go, What did you do just now? Go—excuse me? Hong—did you just memorize the whole thing after looking at it just once? Go—did I do something wrong? Hong—You said that you wanted to be a musical actress..

Go runs to meet her teacher, Hong. Go says, I become stupid when I come to musical and here. Hong says do you want to do something stupid properly?  Then Yoo Jin offers to shake hands with Go and says, Please be good to me—(this is the usual greeting to start working together in Korea. Somehow through Hong , Go got into the musical show as a cast.)

(So. I think, Go gets to go on the bus ride with rest of the cast to Pyungchang to practice for the show!!)

OK or BAe watches Hong playing ball with Go on the field with the rest of the cast. We also see that Hong and Go have coffee together outside. Then Bae asks Hong that she wants to talk about the show/composition.

Go is dressed in black mini and there is lots of wows from others.Go is covering her ears….(keke)

Go talks with YooJin: Go—I think you have the right to hate it. Yoo—what? GO—me.Yoo-me? Go—yes. Yoo smiles.

Bae and Hong together: Bae—it is a lie if you say you are over me. The reason that you returned is…Hong—I returned because I was able to resolve my feelings..Bae is trying to convince him otherwise and Hong says that he …EunBi…Bae tries to kiss Hong and he stops her.

Go and Hong on staircase….Hong must have tried to hold Go’s hand and she pulls away.

Bae and Go---Bae asks if Go and Hong came here together. (Wow, the nonverbal expressions between Go and Hong at the field are really good!!) Bae tells Go that she loves Hong. Go says that Bae does no have to tell her things like that. But Bae says very cooly that she has to say it because Go is the person for whom Hong struggles inside. (I wonder if Bae told Go her thoughts before Hong and Go had coffee at the stairs or after?? Keke)

That is why Go is in the middle of 4 people in THEMU poster!!----(Cannot wait for tomorrow!! Yipppeeee!!!!)

Guest eunhye05

THANK YOU SO MUCH SUE for the translation. It all makes sense now! Although I did sorta get a blurry picture of what was happening even if I didnt understand anything. You are the best! OMG! Now I can rewatch it again and again with subtitles!

Btw Sunnies, about the link I sent earlier. I haven't been successful with any of the links. Have you? I also haven't been able to try sue's suggestions from Goddessku yet.

However,Here are other choices that I did try and they work fine with me. :)

http://gorealra.sbs.co.kr/g3/silverlight/Gorealra3Scrap.jsp?pChannelID=TV01

It will prompt you to install Microsoft Silverlight. When that's done just refresh your window and you'll see SBS live streaming.

@airein and @GHSForever also provided the link below to access SBS via livestreaming. I found this a couple of pages back. Simply accept the terms, install now and save. Then refresh your browser. Works well too.   http://tvunetworks.com/watchTV/index.html#c=81037

With regards to the timezone question from Jazz_10:

Korea is GMT+9 so just try to compute that based on your location. You can also use this link http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc  to accurately convert your timezones.

It's funny how we'll be initially watching with no clue what's being said and yet we're all in to support GHS and The Musical from Day 1. Whoot Whoot!. lol. Is there an existing chatroom that fans can use..like a watch-a-long. That way..even if we don't get the entire translation yet maybe we can somehow get the reactions from those who know Korean so we know what's happening. lol. Maybe the spazz box in the fan club can also be a venue? hahaha. Just a suggestion. :D

Hi Good day to all Sunnies,

@cheerkoo/eunhye & chio-mexico, Oh you guys are aweosme, thank you sooooo much, muaah ... love u all. :wub:

I'm loving TMU more every minit after watching the trailer, I'm praying hard that TMU rating will have a very good start.

I've no words for Hyesun, you're simply the best, beautiful versatile actress ever. Good luck TMU and may success be with you ever Hyesun-ssi.

Take care Sunnies B)

Try this link guys, at least i can streaming last night for Protect The Boss ;)

http://wubisheng.cn/html/hanju/zxtv/

Click one of SBS channels on the right side, some of them didn't work well for me last night, but KBC worked pretty well

you must have WMP latest version and don't forget the strong connection :lol: I hope my connection is great as well tonight :sweatingbullets:. Happy watching Sunnies~~~^^

Just added: use IE to open the link and you need to install an ActiveX (TVAnt) for first time viewing

Hello Sunniez! Exciting day!!! :w00t:

here are some stills of Hye Sun from The MU

9b47c20a.jpg

f96aa039.jpg

c1764f9a.jpg

df47aa6f.jpg

c7d70055.jpg

7c68b0c6.jpg

cre SBS

for watching it live, here are the links that work for me, you can try these

http://gorealra.sbs.co.kr/g3/silverlight/Gorealra3Scrap.jsp?pChannelID=TV01

silverlight required

http://kr.wubisheng.cn/html/hanju/zxtv/?id=sbs-cjb

please use IE and it will require you to install an ActiveX (TVAnt)