Goo Hye Sun 구혜선

Admin

Guest susAmerica

Following is an ariticle by a reporter. I was not sure if I really wanted to translate it. But we have to hear the good as well as the bad about the movie Magic. But as I translated it, I was not sure if the reporter is a reliable reporter who is reporting it wel without any biasl. I wondered if the reporter really heard GHS correctly or even Lim Ji Gyu. GHS sounds too self-deprecating. I know that she is humble but not self-deprecating. That is why I felt even a bit alarmed as I was translating it. You read the translation for yourself and see what you think. Perhaps I did not translate as well as I should have but I cannot help doubting the reporter—.. I wish that there were reports by certified movie critics or the judges in these film festivals—not just one but several.

요술’ 연출 구혜선 “제 연출력보다는 배우들의 준비가 큰 공”

GHS says that more credits goes to the actors' preparatory work instead of my directorial work.

[2010.05.01 17:06]

http://news.kukinews.com/article/view.asp?...33410&cp=nv

100429ssongb14.jpg

[쿠키 연예] 배우 구혜선이 연출한 첫 장편 영화 ‘요술’이 제11회 전주국제영화제서 처음으로 관객들과 만났다.

[Kuki Entertainment] Actress GHS’s first directorial feature movie, <Yo-Sool> premiered at the 11th JIFF.

5일 1일 오후 2시 전주 시네마타운 1관에서 상영된 ‘요술’은 젊은 아티스트들의 우정과 사랑을 그린 음악영화다. 구혜선이 첼리스트 송영훈의 공연을 보고 영감을 받아 시나리오를 구상한 것으로 알려졌다.

Her debut premiered on May1 at 2PM at JeonJu Cimenatown Theatre 1. It is a musical story of young love and friendship. GHS received inspiration for the story after listening to the cello performance by Song Young Hoon

이날 영화 상영 후 3시 30분부터 출연배우 임지규와 함께 관객들과 만난 구혜선은 “(음악 영화를 하면서) 저도 사서 고생한다는 생각을 했다. 그러나 좋은 음악을 많이 들려드리고 싶었다”며 첫 장편 영화로 음악 영화를 선택한 이유를 설명했다. On this day after the movie at 3:30 PM, Lim Ji Gyu and GHS together met with the audience . GHS says that, as she was making the movie, she at times felt like she spent money in order to suffer. (I may not have trans this part correctly~not sure.) But I really wanted you all to hear really good music. That is how she explained her choice for making a musical movie as her first feature-length directorial movie.

배우 출신으로 첫 장편 영화를 만들기는 했지만, 구혜선은 이미 지난 2008년 단편영화 ‘유쾌한 도우미’를 제작해 ‘부산 아시아단편영화제’ 관객상 수상, ‘부천 국제판타스틱영화제’ 한국 단편 당선작 선정, 일본 ‘유바리 국제판타스틱영화제’ 초청 등 국내외에서 주목을 받았다. (brief summary of her directorial history and accomplishments.)

그러나 구혜선의 첫 장편 영화가 관객들이 쉽게 호흡하면 따라가기 어려웠던 장면이 많았던 것은 사실. 후반부에 어느 정도 조각이 맞춰지기는 했지만, 극의 흐름이 끊어지거나 해서 받아들이기 쉽지만은 않았다.

However, it was not an easy film to understand for the general viewers. In the second half of the movie, some of the puzzle pieces started to fit more, but often the flow of the film would be cut , making it hard to accept.

이에 구혜선은 “솔직히 말씀드리면 길게 가면 지루한 영화가 될 것이라는 생각이 들었다. 그리고 소재 자체도 대중이 받아들이기 어려운 내용들이 있어서, 중간에 그런 생각을 하지 못하도록 빨리 넘어가려고 했다”며 “관객들이 다른 생각을 할 수 없도록 빠른 전개가 필요하다는 생각이 들었다. 그러나 관객들이 감성적인 내용 말고는 구조적인 내용은 이해를했다고 생각했다. 의도적으로 그렇게 배치한 것이 맞다”고 설명했다. GHS stated that she did not want to make her movie longer because she thought it might become a boring movie. She also stated that some parts contained materials that would be difficult for people to easily grasp. She says she tried to pass those parts quickly. To prevent the audience from thinking too differently in those parts, she says that she wanted the movie to move very quickly. But she felt that even though the audience may not have understood the sensitive materials, they would have understood the organizational content. She says that she made the movie that way on purpose.

이어 구혜선은 스토리 전개 방식에 대해서는 “스토리 전개의 경우에는 사실 잔인한 이야기를 아름답게 풀 수 있는 방법은 없을까 해서 뻔한 삼각구도를 선택했다. 그래서 사람을 두 명이나 죽이지만, 아름다운 이야기를 하고 싶었다. 대중이 받아들이기 힘든 부분일 수도 있지만, 과감하게 선택해 연출했다”고 말했고, 캐릭터들에 대해서는 “청춘남녀의 이야기를 하기 때문에 캐릭터를 이해시키는 부분을 극복할 수 있었던 것 같다. 그들의 인생사를 이야기했고, 그들이 젊었기 때문에 가능했다. 사실 배우들이 해석을 잘해줬다”고 말했다. The way the story unfolded, GHS said that , it is actually a cruel story, but she wanted to tell it in a beautiful way. So, after much thinking, she just chose the obvious three-way relationship as the method. So, even though two people get killed, she wanted to tell a beautiful story. It may not be an easy part for the audience to accept, but I decided to be bold and just direct it that way. Regarding the characters, because it is about young people, it may be easier to overcome difficulties about understanding the characters. It is about their lives and how it was possible because they were young.. Actually, the actors really interpreted their characters very well.

그러면서 구혜선은 “(연출을 하는 것에 있어서) 저는 한번도 제가 잘 해석했다고 생각하지 않는다. 저희 배우들이 저에게 걱정을 하지 않게끔 디테일하게 준비를 다 해오셨다”며 “저는 무엇인가 연기에 대해 디렉팅을 한 적이 없는 것 같다. 배우들로 인해서 편하게 촬영할 수 있었다”며 배우들에 대한 칭찬을 아끼지 않았다. Regarding her directing, GHS states that she did not think once that she did a good job of interpreting. My actors, to not worry me, did their own preparation in great detail very well before coming to the set. She says that she never gave any directing for the acting at all. Because of the actors, she says she was able to direct more easily. She was full of praises of the actors.

이에 같이 자리한 임지규는 “현장에서 사실 (감독이) 배우들에게 맡기는 것이 쉽지 않은데, 원래 배우를 하시는 분이라 배우들에게 무엇을 끌어내야 하는지를 잘 알고 있었다”며 “그러나 왠지 방치하는 듯 했고 그래서 섭섭한 것도 있었다”고 응답해 웃음을 자아내게 했다. Lim Ji Gyu states that, it is not easy for the director to leave it upto the actors. But since she is an actor herself, she knew what to pull out of the actors. However, at times, he felt a bit neglected or left to his own devices a little too much and that made him a little sad. His response brought much laughter from the audience.

구혜선은 이번 영화에서 연출과 각본, 음악감독에 이어 극중 ‘수진’으로도 출연 배우까지 소화해냈다. 1인 4역인 셈이다. GHS came out in her movie as SooJin. She actually had 4 roles as 1 for her movie.

구혜선은 굳이 감독이 영화에 출연했어야 하는 이유가 있었느냐는 질문에 “극중 ‘수진’이라는 인물은 ‘지은’을 떠올리기 위한 도구다. 대사도 한마디 없다. 이 역을 다른 배우들에게 맡길 수도 있었지만, 수진을 어떻게 설정할지 몰랐고, 가장 수진을 잘 아는 제가 해야될 것 같았다”며 “솔직히 말해서 그 역할이 크게 부각되지 않으면서 일찍 죽어야 하기에 다른 배우에게 시키기가 미안했다”고 대답했다. When asked if a director really had to act, she stated that Soojin character's whole puprpose was to bring about the image of the main female character, JiEun. SooJin has no lines. She could have hired another actor to play the role, but she did not know how to set it up. But she thought it best for for to portray Soojin since she knows the character the best. Actually the role is very small and she dies early in the movie that I would have felt too sorry to the actress who would play that part.

한편 ‘요술’은 오는 6월 24일 개봉된다. <Yo-Sool> officially opens on June 24th.

전주=국민일보 쿠키뉴스 유명준 기자 neocross@kukimedia.co.kr JeonJu-Citizens Daily Cookie News Reporter Yoo Myung Joo n

I was thinking that same thing. The of Ji Eun with the red scarf reminded me of HS. For awhile I thought it was her because HS wore the same scarf. I wonder if she let her barrow it.

so her name is ji eun, i see ... thanks lolli :D

sus, thanks for the FA translations, i'm very happy that many people support her, congratz to Magic team ...

sas, meow, thanks for the pics and goodies :D

all, the pic below do you think her style more and more like someone? or .... someone like her (maybe ... ) ;)

qxju5w.jpg

Guest Jean-Star

I just hapened to saw this on my TweetDeck, A msg from QQ to Hye Sun onnie :D

@koohs 일요일 낮... 집에 계신가요? 심심하신가요? 혜선씨.. 트윗해용...^^ ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

queen_que, [+] Sun 02 May 13:10 via twtkr

Just curious 'bout it... any idea :D

Happy Sunday Sunniez!

Thanks sue, jee, webby, sas and all for the translations and goodies~

b9896d25.jpg

Hyesun is so beautiful in this pic

ebd81330.jpg

cre http://blog.naver.com/livelife

2 short fancams of Hyesun at special opening yesterday

100501 Ku Hye Sun @ JIFF Magic special event [stage remarks]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk5DQSsuT_U

100501 Ku Hye Sun @ JIFF Magic special event [leaving event]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VTKHG_gmEs

Guest sunkyunnie

Hi~~everyone~~ ^___^ long time I haven't post in this thread. This thread is always updated that is great to know ^___^ Hyesun nuna's magic screening yesterday turned out great it's true that nuna's Magic tickets were sold out in only minute! I was sad not to get a hold of those tickets but my schoolmates manage to watch the movie. Some of them were not fan of Hyesun nuna but after watching her movie they became big fans of her which is really nice to know. They said the movie had nice cinematography, expressive shots, the music was excellent and the plot was unexpected and nice. It makes you think while watching the movie they also say the movie is definitely not boring and it's pity Hyesun nuna's role in the movie was short but overall they said "MAGIC" is a must see! I can't wait to watch it!

img8906d.jpg

Hi~~everyone~~ ^___^ long time I haven't post in this thread. This thread is always updated that is great to know ^___^ Hyesun nuna's magic screening yesterday turned out great it's true that nuna's Magic tickets were sold out in only minute! I was sad not to get a hold of those tickets but my schoolmates manage to watch the movie. Some of them were not fan of Hyesun nuna but after watching her movie they became big fans of her which is really nice to know. They said the movie had nice cinematography, expressive shots, the music was excellent and the plot was unexpected and nice. It makes you think while watching the movie they also say the movie is definitely not boring and it's pity Hyesun nuna's role in the movie was short but overall they said "MAGIC" is a must see! I can't wait to watch it!

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2164/img8906d.jpg

Thank you so much sunkyunnie for the info. I am very glad that so many comment how good and a must-see her movie is. So very proud of our lovely Director Goo. Sure be all the Sunnies feel the same way:-) A heartfelt thanks to sue, webby, minjee, meow, sas, GHSfan, sunkyunnie, lolli, GHSforever, Jean-Star, Chio-Mexico, hart, lovelyn, and all the Sunnies around the globe for all the translations and goodies. Cheers!

Guest MARLINDA

Hi ~ ~ everyone ~ ~ ^___^ long time I haven't post in this thread. This thread is always updated that is great to know ^___^ Hyesun nuna's magic screening yesterday turned out great it's true that nuna's Magic tickets were sold out in only minute! I was sad not to get a hold of those tickets but my schoolmates manage to watch the movie. Some of them were not fan of Hyesun nuna but after watching her movie they became big fans of her which is really nice to know. They said the movie had nice cinematography, expressive shots, the music was excellent and the plot was unexpected and nice. It makes you think while watching the movie they also say the movie is definitely not boring and it's pity Hyesun nuna's role in the movie was short but overall they said "MAGIC" is a must see! I can't wait to watch it! [/ Quote]

It's nice to know that your friends loves MAGIC and the non fans became fans. I love your story. Thanks for letting us know. I truly hope that MAGIC gonna be a BIG HIT!!!

Following is an ariticle by a reporter. I was not sure if I really wanted to translate it. But we have to hear the good as well as the bad about the movie Magic. But as I translated it, I was not sure if the reporter is a reliable reporter who is reporting it wel without any biasl. I wondered if the reporter really heard GHS correctly or even Lim Ji Gyu. GHS sounds too self-deprecating. I know that she is humble but not self-deprecating. That is why I felt even a bit alarmed as I was translating it. You read the translation for yourself and see what you think. Perhaps I did not translate as well as I should have but I cannot help doubting the reporter—.. I wish that there were reports by certified movie critics or the judges in these film festivals—not just one but several.

요술’ 연출 구혜선 “제 연출력보다는 배우들의 준비가 큰 공”

GHS says that more credits goes to the actors' preparatory work instead of my directorial work.

[2010.05.01 17:06]

http://news.kukinews.com/article/view.asp?...33410&cp=nv

[쿠키 연예] 배우 구혜선이 연출한 첫 장편 영화 ‘요술’이 제11회 전주국제영화제서 처음으로 관객들과 만났다.

[Kuki Entertainment] Actress GHS’s first directorial feature movie, <Yo-Sool> premiered at the 11th JIFF.

5일 1일 오후 2시 전주 시네마타운 1관에서 상영된 ‘요술’은 젊은 아티스트들의 우정과 사랑을 그린 음악영화다. 구혜선이 첼리스트 송영훈의 공연을 보고 영감을 받아 시나리오를 구상한 것으로 알려졌다.

Her debut premiered on May1 at 2PM at JeonJu Cimenatown Theatre 1. It is a musical story of young love and friendship. GHS received inspiration for the story after listening to the cello performance by Song Young Hoon

이날 영화 상영 후 3시 30분부터 출연배우 임지규와 함께 관객들과 만난 구혜선은 “(음악 영화를 하면서) 저도 사서 고생한다는 생각을 했다. 그러나 좋은 음악을 많이 들려드리고 싶었다”며 첫 장편 영화로 음악 영화를 선택한 이유를 설명했다. On this day after the movie at 3:30 PM, Lim Ji Gyu and GHS together met with the audience . GHS says that, as she was making the movie, she at times felt like she spent money in order to suffer. (I may not have trans this part correctly~not sure.) But I really wanted you all to hear really good music. That is how she explained her choice for making a musical movie as her first feature-length directorial movie.

Thank you sas, minjee, meow, nat, margie, and all the sunnies for sharing news, vids and pics.

Ah Sue welcome back. Thank you so much for translating the articles as usual. It seems like there are many positive reviews about the movie. I wish I could watch it here in the states.

음악 - doesn't mean money. It actually means music. It sounds like money, but it's another word for music. So she's saying that she suffered a lot because of the music. As I have read many of her interviews and this article, she kind of reminds me of a young Socrates. hehehe.

sunkyunnie - Oppa! wow! So cool that your friend got to see it. If a person who is not a fan of HS liked the movie, it must be really good. Plus, with the plot being unexpected, even as HS said in the above article, it must really keep viewers in their seats.

Edit - more fan pics from JIFF

Credit: http://blog.naver.com/rewq262/30085341976

mov04793mpg_000005360_rewq262.jpgmov04793mpg_000008120_rewq262.jpg

Credit magingga413 @naver

DPP_1493.jpg

Credit: yukitogun @naver

imgp3217_yukitogun.jpgimgp3218_yukitogun.jpg

Guest sunkyunnie

yes girls~~~~now they see Goo Hye Sun nuna in a different light ^____^ and they understand why I am a big big fan of Hyesun nuna because now they are also big fans of her and her work! They also said seeing her in person is really make you say "WOW!" "so pretty" "skin so nice" "so white!" and that taking her pictures is not enough because to see her in person is much much better I agree!! ^____^ I try to ask them more about the movie but they won't tell me the whole story of MAGIC and I'm dying to watch it on JUNE so JUNE PLEASE COME ALREADY!!!! ㅠㅠ... ㅋㅋㅋa~~~the wait....ㅠㅠ...

5wx92t.jpg

6sfdif.jpg

s3fq0x.jpg

25spxuc.jpg

이런저런 이유로 무료로 개봉했다하는데, 저는 돈을 줬다해도 아깝지 않을 만한 아주 재미있었던 영화였습니다.

지금껏 전주국제영화제에서 본 영화 중 최고였다고 말할 수 있을 정도입니다.

뭐 물론 그동안 제가 미스 초이스한것도 있었지만요;;;

여러번 더 보고 싶다는 느낌이 들었고 그녀는 정말 다재다능하다는 생각도 스쳤고..

천재아닐까? 하는 생각도 들었습니다.

영상적으로 참 예쁘게 표현된 영화입니다.

감성이 물씬 묻어나는 색감과 앵글이 돋보여요.

인사와 함께 시작된 GV에서는 관객들을 대상으로 영화와 연기에 대해 질문을 받았는데요.

구혜선 감독은 상세하고 친절하게 관객들이 가졌던 의문을 해소해주기 위해 쑥스러움을 느끼면서도 상세히 답해주었답니다.

배역을 소화하기위해 스스로 열심히 노력했다며 배우들에게 감사함을 표하는 감독.

감독으로써 배우의 연기에 대한 지적보다는 믿음으로 지켜봐준것에 대한 고마움을 아끼지 않은 배우.

바로 제가 GV를 통해서 가장 인상깊게 느낀 점입니다. 즉. 감독과 배우가 서로 잘 어우러져서 만든 영화가 바로 "요술"이라는 점이었습니다

http://juma.tistory.com/40

들어가면 요술 후기 훈훈해서 넘 찡하고 뿌듯하네요

울쿠 넘 고생많았고 앞으로 좋은감독 좋은배우로 더 발전된 모습

보여줄거 믿어 의심치 않게되네요

쿠 사랑해~~~

Guest susAmerica

http://blog.naver.com/i2krs/60106450390

Blogging reporter is R-goon

Thanks pink fairy for the link.

I really liked this interview. It sounded much more like GHS—humble but not self-deprecating~~so very intelligent and yet so very heart-felt honest!

Title: <Yo-Sool> GHS Director-nim and starring actor Lim Ji Gyu’s blog interview: R-goon’s JIFF invasion

May1, 2010, at 7:34PM

A special premier of Director GHS-nim’s feature-length directorial debut film, MAGIC, was held at the 11th JIFF. Of course, I just could not pass up the opportunity. So I applied for the ticket and had the blog interview today. Today the interview is not just with GHS but also with Lim Ji-Gyu.

GHS has challenged herself not only in acting, music, and art, but also in, at long last the total shocker (no, the total art), the movie directing. Last year, as soon as she brought out cheerful reaction for her short film, [Cheerful Caretaker], she has made a debut of a full-length film, [Yo Sool]. I will most likely write a separate review for the movie, but unexpectedly(!) it was not bad. In particular, several viewers of her premier picked her movie as, so far, the best movie that they have seen about young people. [To be honest with you, I always just assumed that GHS received much attention because of her star power. However, (sorry, can’t translate this well: wan-sung do neun uh yoo=>???) ~~even a bit tearful in the middle…] and Lim Ji Gyu who starred in [Magic] and who appeared in many productions such as [Milkyway Freedom Battle], [speed Scandal] and [bak Ya Heng].

GHS and Lim just finished the interview and I, R-goon, am now putting up an appropriate posting of their interview.

Before the R-goon’s interview, GHS and Lim had a GV session right after the movie premiered. The audience showed wild excitement due to the unexpected great screening. There was no end to the questions. I also wanted to ask but I tried to be patient because, afterwards, I will have the R-goonVS GHS&Lim interview session. (sounds like a battle!)

Finally our blog’s interview. I am going to post the entire text from the interview. Of course I did not ask all the questions. A round table of our blog team asked questions together.

R-Congratulations on your first movie. But, in the beginning, the picture and the sound were not in sync. Perhaps this movie is not yet edited completely?

G-No, all the sound and the editing have been completed. It was due to the technical problem of the theatre’s equipment. So, I was a bit upset. In the next screening at a different theatre, I hope the movie comes out well. I hope you all come again. (mmm, is she subtly campaigning viewers to see the movie more than once? Ke)

R-Why is the title of your movie, MAGIC? Just by hearing the title, we are thinking, is our country having our own Harry Potter series?

G- {she gave a bit of smile that seems to say, who are you!) If you watched the movie, you would have seen that the title is taken from the poem of Han Yong Woon. It is a poem that I loved for a long time; it has many hidden meanings unlike its outside. Before my movie was screened, I watched {Lover’s Silence}. If you are to examine the word “Yo Sool” in Chinese characters, it does not have the best meaning, however, the nuance of that word gives off a bright feeling. I really like words that contains irony. It is a word with which many interpretations are possible. These possibilities in turn speak loudly the diversity of relationships.

R-After Cheerful Caretaker, this is your second time as a director to have a GV session with the audience. How do you feel?

G- Whether the movie is short or long, my feelings about GV are the same. I was terribly nervous and overwhelmed. However, I always enjoy the time with the audience.

R-Your movie focuses on the young people in their high school. However, your current age is far from being a high schooler. Comparing yourself as once a teenager, what are your current thoughts about youth?

G-Yes, it is a dubious time. At that time, I was full of feelings of inferiority. But I believe that my self-doubts of that past turned into my today’s passion. I was very hard on myself, but I hated the phrases, <I can’t do it and I don’t know.> It was a time when I had too much pride. I feel that those issues and feelings came out through the three lead actors in the movie.

R-A question was asked of Lim JiGyu. (R:personally I am one of his big fan.) You played many similar roles in many of your films so far: slightly jji-jil?, cautious, faint-hearted/cowardly. Even in Magic, you admire a girl that you like only from far away and seems to be a ggo-bong?(side-kick or servant-like?) to a good friend. It feels like you are playing very similar characters.

L-Yes. Sometimes I worry whether I would be typecast as the jji-jil actor. (laughter) However, my character interpretation in this movie was different. I felt that he is not just the regular loser. Even though he is a lead role with tons of faults, and no matter how much he gets bullied or put down, he focuses on practicing with self-confidence. I tired very hard to make his character develop out of his weakness, jji-jil. It may seem like a similar role. But, unlike past roles, I tried to play my role with a different interpretation—a jjijil who shows he is not.

R-Actor GHS and Director GHS?

G- As you say, I have been doing various types of activities. However, I do not think of them as all different because making a movie requires many parts like art, music, photography, etc. I hope that actors try directing and directors try acting. Even if they may be making a same movie, they are thinking about different things. By doing these jobs, I have been able to make actor GHS and director GHS understand each other better. Of course, since I am originally an actor, I feel I am more sensitive to the needs of the actors.

R-I enjoyed <Yo Sool>. However, at times the characters were not explained fully. There were few incidents that made the characters’ relationships hard to understand. Sometimes you seem to resolve the issues through fantasy…

G-I wanted to leave a room for the viewers to make their own understanding/interpretation. There is a part that link different time periods. I thought a lot about the background of time and many other things, but no matter what, I wanted people to just get the feel of “analogue” (sorry I did not get that one. I know that GHS prefers analogue over digital…) Instead of any extended and over-explanation, I wanted people to understand more through the actors’ emotions. My belief is that if there are too much explanation, it makes the movie too busy and too restrained. Since the movie was low-budget, and it takes money to explain more,,,,

R-Lim is a very handsome actor. However, all actors have complexes. Personally, I feel that as a very good-looking guy, he has a bit of female-like voice that makes it difficult to put together. Did that ever make it difficult in his acting life?

L-Actually I wanted to be a model. However, the reality is that I am too short and opportunities did not come just through passion. After 3 years of that I was given a lead role in a short film. Somehow that project was selected for exhibition. And I was given an award for that role even though awards did not exist for that film festival. The actor Ahn Sung Gi who was one of the judges at that time made it all possible. Through that incident I was able to re-discover my lost self-esteem. Soon after, I was cast for a role in <Cheetah Rescued from the Reservoir>. However, more hopelessness came. In feature-length films, I was not much to look at or unique. My voice is my complex? That is not even close. I felt like I was an actor who did not even know how to speak properly. I am originally from Busan. Not only was the vocalization a problem but I could not even get rid of my Busan accent. However, through the following project, I challenged myself to change and do better by will. I never got to go to an acting school. So, where I lack the experience, I think of myself as an actor who tries to be as natural as possible in the roles that I have taken so far. Where I lack the experience, I try to bring up in my mind even the most trivial events that I experienced in order to help me emote for the role I would play. Perhaps that could be different from other actors. Since I did not study acting, my acting could be more raw. Director GHS looked at those aspects about me positively and, instead of trying to fix acting, she encouraged the more natural acting to come forward in her actors.

G-Actually, because of his natural and unrestrained acting, I wanted to cast him in the role of Jung Woo (the Magic character who is an unrestrained rebel).

R-Please give your last comment for the audience awaiting <Magic>.

G- Whenver I wanted to try something new, I realized that it is because I do not know anything about it. But I would challenge myself to do it because I really wanted to learn about it. That is how I would seek the help of many people with all my questions. That is what I did with the job of directing as well. And, that is how I came to make a movie and show it here today. I feel very content. Of course, I still lack in so many ways. But I hope that you will all think of it as the work of a very new director GHS and still give me lots of your support and cheer.

So this is how the interview of GHS and Lim JiGye ended. Honestly, I had lot more ?booho?=(maybe doubts or question marks?) about GHS. However, after I saw her movie and thought it better than expected and after having to know her better through the interview, my ? changed to ! To tell you the truth I am not familiar with GHS’s works. But after having experienced her directorial capability and her way of thinking, I am already anticipating her next project. [Yes, yes, she is pretty. ,,,phew…Did you ever try talking with GHS while making eye contacts with her? Woah, it was totally like talking with an artificial heart machine,,,because my real heart felt like it already stopped working. ]

How can you not anticipate her next project when she is this beautiful.

I also really liked actor Lim Ji Gyu. Sorry for a guy to like a guy actor. But after I saw him in <Milkyway Freedom Battle>, I became hooked to his unique way of acting and looked forward to his next project. Would you believe me if I tell you that I looked forward to the movie <Speed Scandal> because of Lim JiGyu and not because of Park Bo Young or Cha TaeYun? But we are also from same hometown and from rival high schools that there is some connection?? Such a considerate and logical speaker too. I really look forward to his next project. If you ever come to Busan, please look me up and I am not just saying that.

This concludes my report from JIFF. I will soon post my review of <YoSool> Now that I am in JeonJu, maybe I should try their famous rice with mixed vegetables or Bibimbap?

(Well, I look forward to his Magic review too.)

Guest GHSfan

http://blog.naver.com/i2krs/60106450390

Blogging reporter is R-goon

Thanks pink fairy for the link.

I really liked this interview. It sounded much more like GHS—humble but not self-deprecating~~so very intelligent and yet so very heart-felt honest!

Title: <Yo-Sool> GHS Director-nim and starring actor Lim Ji Gyu’s blog interview: R-goon’s JIFF invasion

May1, 2010, at 7:34PM

R-Please give your last comment for the audience awaiting <Magic>.

G- Whenver I wanted to try something new, I realized that it is because I do not know anything about it. But I would challenge myself to do it because I really wanted to learn about it. That is how I would seek the help of many people with all my questions. That is what I did with the job of directing as well. And, that is how I came to make a movie and show it here today. I feel very content. Of course, I still lack in so many ways. But I hope that you will all think of it as the work of a very new director GHS and still give me lots of your support and cheer.

So this is how the interview of GHS and Lim JiGye ended. Honestly, I had lot more ?booho?=(maybe doubts or question marks?) about GHS. However, after I saw her movie and thought it better than expected and after having to know her better through the interview, my ? changed to ! To tell you the truth I am not familiar with GHS’s works. But after having experienced her directorial capability and her way of thinking, I am already anticipating her next project. [Yes, yes, she is pretty. ,,,phew…Did you ever try talking with GHS while making eye contacts with her? Woah, it was totally like talking with an artificial heart machine,,,because my real heart felt like it already stopped working. ]

How can you not anticipate her next project when she is this beautiful.

a nice weekend to all :D

thanks so much sue & sas :D no doubt i like the interview..it`s finely done..love the sincerity & openness of both Hye Sun & the reporter..i think the best line that i got from Hye Sun with regards to not just about directing but in her other pursued interests is this, "Of course, I still lack in so many ways.." i`m swayed by her genuineness..i wish everyone may have that certain broad mind to really think that Hye Sun is new to directing a full-length movie BUT merely reading this interview made me think that Hye Sun was able to take a leap from being a new director..who knows she herself is amazed by her own works..but the better part again that i`m grateful is the fact that the reporter ended up with a very nice impression towards Hye Sun & the movie after the said interview..like what sunkyunnie shared about his schoolmates who happened to watch Magic & got to see Hye Sun in person finally switched impression & admiration towards our Dir. Goo..a good anticipation about her next project is on the rise so let`s just continue supporting her..it`s not only Hye Sun whom we should give the best of credits but to the whole Magic family from the actors down to the crew who have endured those restless & tiresome Magic moments..

thanks to all for sharing the updates & everything..sas, jee, meow, nat, lolli, kyun, lovelyn :D

take care all sunnies..too sleepy to mention one by one keke :D fighting !!!

Guest webby

sue, thanks for R-goon's interview. He and the team asks very probing questions but i like them coz we learn more about HS that way. i'm glad they like Magic better than the first report which you translated yesterday. I can't wait to see it either. I"m chuckling all the way when i read the part about speaking to an artificial heart machine.... thump thump thump.

Hi SUNNIES! Big WAVE to all who had shared so many photos of GHS :rolleyes: sorry i cant mention you all now...too many to mention :D My condition is quite limiting due to the drugs I am taking.

I am so happy to know how positive the write-ups for MAGIC are. As I said, they all deserve to be praised upon and acknowledged with all the challenges it gave them. I get curios each day and is praying that we can watch one of these days her film.

Glad to know there's a soompi thread already created for MAGIC...will try to visit there soon!

Here is GHS' most recent tweet :D

아 부지께서 작은 술을 가지고 오셨습니다. 어머니와 사이좋게 나누어 드시려구요. 술맛을 보신 어머니께서는 금방 얼굴이 붉어지셨는데요. 얼굴이 붉어지는것은 순수한거라고 말씀하시네요. 옆에 서있던 저도 조금 얻어마셨습니다만....전 순수하지 않은가봅니다. 40 minutes ago via twtkr

SUNNIES be well and good always!

BIG Hugs to all SUNNIES ~ sue, sas, mha, minjee, nat, meow, dahlia, love, smdrma, chang, jennyalfeche, tracy, webby, siidudul, junpyo.jandi, nett, janey, leila, kyun, ais, sharon, yuki, ed, doramera, ixandra, belindanz, jandi_girl, lollidoalittle, jjongielove, regie, kaz_minsun09, jean, favour, joarjess, thtlam, ilovekoo, xiaomaii, Patz, thtlam, ania and other sunnies here

Guest susAmerica

Thanks hart118911!!

[name='hart118911' date='May 2 2010, 12:30 PM' post='15850699']

Hi SUNNIES! Big WAVE to all who had shared so many photos of GHS :rolleyes: sorry i cant mention you all now...too many to mention :D My condition is quite limiting due to the drugs I am taking.

I am so happy to know how positive the write-ups for MAGIC are. As I said, they all deserve to be praised upon and acknowledged with all the challenges it gave them. I get curios each day and is praying that we can watch one of these days her film.

Glad to know there's a soompi thread already created for MAGIC...will try to visit there soon!

Here is GHS' most recent tweet :D

아 부지께서 작은 술을 가지고 오셨습니다. 어머니와 사이좋게 나누어 드시려구요. 술맛을 보신 어머니께서는 금방 얼굴이 붉어지셨는데요. 얼굴이 붉어지는것은 순수한거라고 말씀하시네요. 옆에 서있던 저도 조금 얻어마셨습니다만....전 순수하지 않은가봅니다. 40 minutes ago via twtkr

Dad brought home a small bottle of wine/alcohol. He wants to have a nice drink with mother. As soon as she had a taste of her drink, she turned red very quickly. She tells me that turning red is a sign of purity. They also gave me a drink as I was there….but I guess I am not pure. (hahahahahahah The dynamics of GHS’s mother and GHS really crack me up!!! Kaak)

SUNNIES be well and good always!

BIG Hugs to all SUNNIES ~ sue, sas, mha, minjee, nat, meow, dahlia, love, smdrma, chang, jennyalfeche, tracy, webby, siidudul, junpyo.jandi, nett, janey, leila, kyun, ais, sharon, yuki, ed, doramera, ixandra, belindanz, jandi_girl, lollidoalittle, jjongielove, regie, kaz_minsun09, jean, favour, joarjess, thtlam, ilovekoo, xiaomaii, Patz, thtlam, ania and other sunnies here