Goo Hye Sun 구혜선

Admin

Guest j-j-forever

I am only concerned of the ratings due to the fact that it may have impact on the drama, but to tell you honestly these ratings are not entirely represents all the viewers who watch TV.... I should know, since these companies really don't rate/check all the viewers of each household. In fact the ratings are only more of "like a survey" to few people... This is actually how it works....for most of the companies who provides ratings...there is a device that is connected to the TV and that small electronic device transmits whatever program the viewer watches and that's how they rate...The problem is not the entire Korea has that device (like maybe only few) and can actually be easy to manipulate. This is how they rate even in other countries, sad part is, it's always like a big deal for TV companies about the ratings and it really does not represent the entire Korean viewers from TV, that's is why I'm not a fan of these ratings popularity because it is far from the truth. And sorry if I have to say it out because it is really frustrating that they rely mostly on ratings which only tells not even half of the truth

:(

Guest Jean-Star

Wowwww! :D

I can't wait for FLY AGAIN :D The plot sounds pretty interesting and she's working Yoo Sun. I've known her from The Sons of Sol Pharmacy House. She's quite a great actress too :)

Have anyone heard of The Muscial releasing a comic book?

I've just read about it on this link:

http://asian-drama.org/the-musical-to-release-comic-book-on-september-15/

"If you can’t get enough of The Musical, which is just been aired for one episode per week, a cartoon version of The Musical will soon available. The comic book of The Musical is set to release its first volume on September 15, 2011, and is now available for pre-order

The first volume of The Musical comicbook has the price tag of 10,000 South Korean won (about USD $9.30), and depending on where you get it, it’s possible to deduct a 10% discount from the listed price, which makes for final price of 9,000 won (about USD $8.37).

The Musical picture book is drew by upcoming cartoonist named Lee Yung (이웅), and contains 244 pages. It’s not known how many volumes the “The Musical” comic book will have.

It’s interesting to see how a motion TV drama series which centers around the importance of songs and music is portrayed in soundless comics."

The link to purchase the book online is here:

http://www.yes24.com/24/goods/5666937

This is sooooo cool! :wub:

Btw, I've came across this site which does a pretty good sum-up of the whole drama. It contains the BTS links to episode synopsis to ratings of the individual episodes :)

http://asian-drama.org/the-musical/

Be sure to check it out! ^_^

Once again, thanks to all Sunnies for the translations and updates! <3

I can not believe that the ratings continue to fall, quisera to help but not like, well we can only pray that improve the skills .....

also many thanks for the translation of the article about the drama FLY AGAIN ... I'm glad that even the Goo Hye Sun as the star .......

Guest eunhye05

Thanks everyone for all the updates, comments and translations. Special thanks to Sue again for her summary of Ep3. :) At first I was a bit confused especially when GEB was cleaning the cadavers. I thought she had gone back to school or something. Also, who was that guy who brought the fruits? Another person interested in her from Medical school.

I really don't know why the ratings are low. Is there something happening in other networks that we aren't aware of? What can we do?! Its just really frustrating. :(

Hi Fanderay I read in some of your replies to the comments on your blog that if we watch via Gorilla (SBS channel livestream) it may help statistics for SBS to know that the shows are doing well at least. Can you confirm if this is the link that we can access or give us instructions on how to use the site? (I can't wait for your recap by the way. :P )

http://gorealra.sbs....pChannelID=TV01

Fortunately, I just figured out how to stream the show via Mobile. For those with Android phones (im not sure about itunes) you can download the app free from the android market. Just type SBS 고릴라  and search. I can now make sure to stream this show even when Im on the Go! Since this is an official SBS app we can help somehow with their online statistics at least :)

OMG!!

Say it is not so!!!

It gradually went down??!!

THEMU is competing against the Grand Birth (search for the next singer type of show) which scored over 15% rating and VJ Doc program which scored 10%--I think both are reality-based shows.

Please please,,,is there a way to increase the rating??????

Why is it that THEMU was most searched on the search engine and yet the rating is so poor??

I am so sad!!

Thanks webby

i'm wondering if SBS is doing enough promotion for their drama. Coz the previous program that was scratched due to poor ratings before the MU was brought in was also a reality show right? and if i remembered right, was the ratings in the 5% range?? I know Friday nite is not a good slot, but seeing the ratings of the competing programs in the same time slot, there must be a way for the MU to gain more viewers. I also noticed the articles on the MU on nate do not have many replies to them. Def needs more promotion of some sort. The actors in the drama also did not go on any variety show to promote the drama right?

I am so upset about the nielsen rating of THEMU--

DC is trying to find a way to increase the promotion of the drama --some talked about bringing over more pix and vid clips and posting over the internet.

I know nothing about computer.

Is there a way that we can help THEMU??

I did not see the drama but heard about Mischievous Kiss with Kim Hyun Joong---the rating was poor in Korea but it did fantastic in foreign market--somehow it was marketed through YOUTUBE. Did you guys hear about that?? I heard the drama hit more than several million viewers??

I wonder if THEMU started airing in Japan and whether it is doing well over there.

Does anyone know??

Thanks.. :tears:

i'm so sad too... i have a big hope for the 3rd rating because before the rating was out, i have seen The Musical was top three on drama Nate search that night, even still on top five until now...sigh! i just hope the actors&crew are fine & still in positive energy :)

some reviews from the bloggers

더 뮤지컬 3회) 밑그림을 그리다-.

http://manzzang.tistory.com/815

더 뮤지컬 3회 오디션

http://blog.naver.com/ya8462/40139256847

더 뮤지컬 3회...주저리

http://blog.naver.com/vc6536/50121135153

[더뮤지컬] 고은비. 마음문을 두드리는 꿈꾸는 아이

http://sky.bestiz.net/zboard/view.php?id=dramab&page=2&sn1=&divpage=17&sn=off&ss=on&sc=off&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=104581

cre:여신쿠@DC Hye Sun

Guest Fanderay

Hi Fanderay I read in some of your replies to the comments on your blog that if we watch via Gorilla (SBS channel livestream) it may help statistics for SBS to know that the shows are doing well at least. Can you confirm if this is the link that we can access or give us instructions on how to use the site? (I can't wait for your recap by the way. :P )

http://gorealra.sbs....pChannelID=TV01

Fortunately, I just figured out how to stream the show via Mobile. For those with Android phones (im not sure about itunes) you can download the app free from the android market. Just type SBS 고릴라  and search. I can now make sure to stream this show even when Im on the Go! Since this is an official SBS app we can help somehow with their online statistics at least :)

The phone app is a lot more straight-forward to use, and unfortunately you have to download the Gorilla player if you want to stream on your computer.  Here's a tutorial someone posted for the Star Channel.  The only difference for watching The Musical is that you'll want to select the main SBS channel, rather than the Star channel.  

The link you posted allows me to stream in a browser window, but I think it only works because I've previously downloaded the Gorilla player and have the appropriate plug-ins.  I actually find that the phone streams a little bit more reliably (I never get any lag) but the desktop player is still pretty good.  

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

i agree, we need to help the show get better ratings by increasing publicity for it.  would it be too much to ask of you Sunnies if we all be active on The Musical Soompi thread?  That could help too.  Since, if that thread is moving fast with our analyses, hopes, etc.  it stirs interest for the drama.  

cheerkoo -- is it okay if we repost your transcap on The Musical thread? and also your overview of anything The Musical related?

Thanks so much Sunnies for supporting uri Hye Sun.  so far, even with low ratings, I think she's having a good year... :)

BTW, do you know if Hye Sun will be singing an OST track?  I think she has a track record of singing only in the episode but not recording for the OST, is that a YG-restriction?  I really want her to sing the song she sang in Epi 3 on the OST.

Sorry, I forgot that there was THE MU thread...Due to lack of time, I only come here and DC and once in a while just browse the Korean news sites. You are welcome to take anything and please give me the link to the thread again...I always have hard time finding things in soompi....sorry.

Any publicity would help THEMU.

It appears that Daniel CHoi DC gallery is also trying to do something.

But goddessku says that there is hardly any promotion for THEMU by SBS itself. Even the THEMU website has hardly any informatoon/ She feels like SBS just gave a spot to THEMU in a hidden corner of Friday night and decided to forget about it.... fury.gif

There were few episodes that still needed filming and SBS entertainment team never went there to promote it. Since SBS has so many hit dramas that maybe they decided not to bother????fury.gif

HAPPY SUNDAY SUNNIES! 。◕‿◕。

...been quite a number of days i missed out on posts here...oh, but i did not miss out on THEMU ep3...it is getting better and better of course...and no poor rating is going to change my support nor make me believe that this drama is not worth to watch...

..KOMAWO to all sunnies for happy posts, happy thoughts and happy updates on our sunny hye sun...thanks Sue for confirming to us her new project Fly Again...Hye Sun is indeed flying again higher this time...looking forward to every bit of her hardwork...BIG THANKS!

I am so upset about the nielsen rating of THEMU--

DC is trying to find a way to increase the promotion of the drama --some talked about bringing over more pix and vid clips and posting over the internet.

I know nothing about computer.

Is there a way that we can help THEMU??

I did not see the drama but heard about Mischievous Kiss with Kim Hyun Joong---the rating was poor in Korea but it did fantastic in foreign market--somehow it was marketed through YOUTUBE. Did you guys hear about that?? I heard the drama hit more than several million viewers??

I wonder if THEMU started airing in Japan and whether it is doing well over there.

Does anyone know??

Thanks.. :tears:

Sue, i guess all of us really do not agree to this nielsen rating because we know and we've seen that in 3 episodes THE MU is really a very good soulful drama..with bits and pieces of everything...reality shows are quite a fad already but i think THE MU shouldn't be compared to this kind of shows....

...as to how to boost up the rating...yes, YouTube postings can help a lot...other social media such as Facebook and Twitter as well...but i agree with webby, i too believe that SBS isn't doing enough promotion on the drama...they can have the stars appear on tv shows, more posters, hold FMs as the drama is being shown, etc...it is their responsibility to boost us the interest of many tv viewers....us fans can only help through social networks...but its more appealing to existing HS fans already....

...as to the nielsen rating, i agree with j-jforever...we must not be bothered somehow...because how they gathered the ratings is still questionable...it depends on how the ratings have been gathered (survey, satellite transmission, forums, feedback channels, etc) ...they should have put in their site the basis of these ratings...

...but i am hoping still, that viewers are already wiser at this time...not to base their decisions on ratings alone...since it is still prone to "manipulation", "influence" and the like...

..dahlia, my dear..always happy each time you make MVs for us...love it! take care always...hugs and keep tweeting me too ^^

FIGHTING SUNNIES! let is continue to cheer for THEMU...for our sunny girl Hye Sun....

BIG CHEERS to ss meow...she has been helping so much tweeting about THEMU updates as much as she can :wub:

_15.jpg

_13.jpg

_12.jpg

_14.jpg

_16.jpg

Guest Earthprincess

Sorry, I forgot that there was THE MU thread...Due to lack of time, I only come here and DC and once in a while just browse the Korean news sites. You are welcome to take anything and please give me the link to the thread again...I always have hard time finding things in soompi....sorry.

Any publicity would help THEMU.

It appears that Daniel CHoi DC gallery is also trying to do something.

But goddessku says that there is hardly any promotion for THEMU by SBS itself. Even the THEMU website has hardly any informatoon/ She feels like SBS just gave a spot to THEMU in a hidden corner of Friday night and decided to forget about it.... fury.gif

There were few episodes that still needed filming and SBS entertainment team never went there to promote it. Since SBS has so many hit dramas that maybe they decided not to bother????fury.gif

Here is TheMU soompi thread.

I will be copying over recent TheMu related that you have translated to there for now and credit you! Thanks so much cheerkoo!!

Guest cheerkoo1430281614

Thanks so much for all your posts.

Maybe those of you who are so good in making mv's can make even more about THEMU and post on YT??

Sorry to be pushy--but GHSforever and yonghwa and many more of you are really talented in that area.....I remember so many mv's were made about BOF and it only encouraged and whetted the appetite for more and more of BOF viewership way after it was done...Right????!!

Please????

Thanks in advance...

I cannot find the post--another Sunnie asked about the other male who visited Go EunBi's house in the Epi3. I kind of skimmed over that but I thought he was the fellow medical student who is also a childhood friend of GoEB from DaeGoo. He went to DaeGoo and brought back many goodies for Go as well from her grandmother. Go and he were talking on the phone using DaeGoo accent together--keke----Go EunBi told her friend that he should expect to meet her roomate and that she is strange...keke....this is the comic relief part of THEMU....keke--When he met Christine,,,,she ate most of the food brought from Daegoo and she seems to have taken a liking to Go's friend...she tells him right off that he is good looking and pushes him to stay to meet Go EunBi and not to leave yet....keke

Thanks again for all the posts....I am so glad to hear that meow13 is using the social netweork, tweeter to promote THEMU!!

WOW!!

Thanks so much!!

Can THEMU thread of soompi be posted on tweeter too??--and previews and clips of GHS singing and dancing on Tweeter too?

Sorry---I don't know how to do them but I sound like I am making orders---I know in my heard that rating does not indicate the quality of the program, but I the Korean media does seem to take the rating seriously---that bothers me.....

It is still Saturday where I am....I think I will see THEMU 3 again before going to sleep---keke

Good night...and Thanks a lot!!:wub:

PS--Can you believe this!

I was just at DC and there are several pages of its members talking about how so many anti-fans visited DC to trash GHS's acting in THEMU! Talk about adding insult to injury....here I am feeling so sad about the rating!! I happen to read one of them before it got deleted....ironically nickname was HyunJoong--Can you believe that??--Ver bad and so derogatory!! DC members are amazing---they post their feelings and say somthing positive about THEMU along with more pix from drama!!--Good for them!!! and us~~

Guest Earthprincess

Thanks so much for all your posts.

Maybe those of you who are so good in making mv's can make even more about THEMU and post on YT??

Sorry to be pushy--but GHSforever and yonghwa and many more of you are really talented in that area.....I remember so many mv's were made about BOF and it only encouraged and whetted the appetite for more and more of BOF viewership way after it was done...Right????!!

Please????

Thanks in advance...

I cannot find the post--another Sunnie asked about the other male who visited Go EunBi's house in the Epi3. I kind of skimmed over that but I thought he was the fellow medical student who is also a childhood friend of GoEB from DaeGoo. He went to DaeGoo and brought back many goodies for Go as well from her grandmother. Go and he were talking on the phone using DaeGoo accent together--keke----Go EunBi told her friend that he should expect to meet her roomate and that she is strange...keke....this is the comic relief part of THEMU....keke--When he met Christine,,,,she ate most of the food brought from Daegoo and she seems to have taken a liking to Go's friend...she tells him right off that he is good looking and pushes him to stay to meet Go EunBi and not to leave yet....keke

Thanks again for all the posts....I am so glad to hear that meow13 is using the social netweork, tweeter to promote THEMU!!

WOW!!

Thanks so much!!

Can THEMU thread of soompi be posted on tweeter too??--and previews and clips of GHS singing and dancing on Tweeter too?

Sorry---I don't know how to do them but I sound like I am making orders---I know in my heard that rating does not indicate the quality of the program, but I the Korean media does seem to take the rating seriously---that bothers me.....

It is still Saturday where I am....I think I will see THEMU 3 again before going to sleep---keke

Good night...and Thanks a lot!!:wub:

PS--Can you believe this!

I was just at DC and there are several pages of its members talking about how so many anti-fans visited DC to trash GHS's acting in THEMU! Talk about adding insult to injury....here I am feeling so sad about the rating!! I happen to read one of them before it got deleted....ironically nickname was HyunJoong--Can you believe that??--Ver bad and so derogatory!! DC members are amazing---they post their feelings and say somthing positive about THEMU along with more pix from drama!!--Good for them!!! and us~~

if there's no TheMU on twitter, we can certainly start one if you think that will help. Does it already have a FB page also? Unfortunately, I'm not so fluent yet in reading Korean, so I couldn't get content from DC to include in my posts... :(

I think there should not be a worry about whether 3% will get TheMu off the air. They are still to film the remaining episodes (final 3 episodes if I'm not mistaken, so it looks like SBS made a commitment to air the full series).

By the way, has anyone already known the lyrics to GEB's audition song?

Guest eunhye05

Hi Fanderay! Thanks for the tutorial and help! The link i posted earlier actually works without the player but only if u download microsoft silverlight first. :) Maybe it can help ratings if we all watch from there. I'll try the tutorial too to get the actually player.

On a different note: Episode 2 English subs are out! Weeeeeeee! I shall now marathon episode 1 and 2 in english! :P

http://www.kimchidramas.net/2011/09/musical-episode-2.html

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4038/2/The_Musical/?ap=1#dfepisodetab

I still believe the Musical is like Go Eun Bi! At first no one is still willing to watch it or give it a chance but it's going to pick up and get better and become great towards the end. Just like the Little Engine that Could. I've already read so many online fans in other sites like Drama fever liking it even if they arent fans of the main stars! I think we just need to have everyone aware of it's existance. FIGHTING SUNNIES! FIGHTING!!!

Guest aiyuu_minsunnerz

hi all.  when I heard Eunbi singing I'm so come chill.

his voice is so soft in my ear.

and how to fly again?

I hope the lead male is wonbin.  do you agree? hahaha :lol::lol:

hello sunnies :)

good morning/evening thanks for all the update and translation I really appreciate them all :)

i'm really disspointed with the ratings this drama is really underrated, and sue you were right Playful kiss was good drama as well but it had a lot of promotion, not like The Musical, Playful kiss was not popular in korea but it was known in overseas it had 20 episode but they cut it down to 16. I really think The Musical will pick up soon, I noticed in YT a lot of people starting to download MV so I'm really happy about that.

As for male lead for Fly Again I really like Kim Jae Won what do you think guys? Their both milky white skin they're both really shy I think they will have a great chemistry :)

^

^

It would be great if it was Kim Jae Won, they both have beautiful milky skin and gorgeous smile! LOL, but I would love it if it was Won Bin too, just because the contrast of his beautiful tan skin and her milky skin would create such great electricity on screen. Perhaps I thinking too much, but I hope they cast the male lead soon!

omg i am in love with the musical the drama is amazing and the chemistry between her and the male leads are amazing!! for fly again i really hope they announce the male lead soon too...i would love if it was won bin or lee dong wook...after scent of love i have been obsessed with ldw all over again haha, so if ldw and ghs can be in a drama i would be so happy!!

Guest Chio-Mexico

Hello Sunniez

20110918twitterkoohs1.jpg20110918twitterkoohs2.jpg

Twitter koohs 구혜선

나를 기다리는 저 아이. 감자...노려보는데요. 껌하나 주었습니다. 저녁이면 제 방에 들어와 털난리를 하지요. 하하하. 괜찮아요. 사랑하니깐요. ㅎ http://yfrog.com/keclxebj http://yfrog.com/ke1bhqbj

42 minutes ago