Goo Hye Sun 구혜선

Admin

Trater omg! she's playing "SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW' so beautifully...I want to hear her sing this song too! this is my fave song, I think im tearing up..lol

nina ithanks! I cant wait for her CF! :D i envy her for always having the chance to work with those hot korean actors haha..

mintcar gorgeous GHs she looks like an Angel... :P

Guest minjee

Whoa! lots of new updates about Hyesun eoni! I'm in such a good mood especially after watching the ad for her "Over the rainbow" concert with Isao Sasaki! thanks trater! She played "Somewhere over the rainbow" beautifully. She just glows naturally while playing I was :rolleyes::D:P I want more! too bad it's less than a minute! ahhh!!what a great teaser LOL! Her new pics for the concert, she looks so angelic, serene and just mezmerising! Finally, I've been waiting and anxious to see her new Somang CF with Yoon Sang Hyun. I remember watching an interview of him promoting his new drama along IL Woo and YEH & interviewer asks him how he feels about replacing IL Woo as cosmetics model..I just realised it's for SOMANG cosmetics with Goo Hye Sun!! :lol::D So cool!! if anyone wants to watch the interview fast forward it to 2:40 :)

cr:YEHsoompi

wow, waking up to so much news abt her concert and CFs is just great! I kept having the impression that she will not be playing in the concert, but I guess she will be huh, judging from the promotional clip. I"m sure Isao sasaki will be playing though. I love that verison of Over The Rainbow, despite usually thinking the song is too overdone by so many people, coz everyone seems to like that song. Since the playing and the music did not actually match in the video, i'm wondering whether that is hyesun or isao sasaki playing and whether this is a piano version either one of them improvised or not.

Have been waiting for ages for the CF with yoon sang hyun for somang. Since the report that he was added as the beauty model, have not heard a word since abt the CF. I'm sorta surprised that it's in ancient couple attire since they are wearing matching colors... haha.

edit:

i love the pictures of her playing the baby grand on the roof top (couple posts down) or whereever that is, but as a piano lover, sitting on top of the instrument may be slightly controversial for some folks. i kinda wished the photographer had not thought of that concept. but i love the promotion clip, especially the mellow colors of brown, yellow and green, it's so lovely!

7월 日잡지「女性自身」한류STAR CM인기 프린스&프린세스 베스트10!

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=f4&am...1600&page=1

Sue, i feel bad having to do this all the time, but do u mind scanning and see if it's important?

OK. I just saw this and am totally shocked by this. Mods please remove this if it's inappropriate. Is this true??? I've never heard of this before (then again I've only known bout her for less than a month) so am wondering if it's true or just some people trying to stir rumorus bout our bb.

She had plastic surgery??

EDIT: Thanks xiam9. Not her.

EDIT2 : LOL yeah. I didn't. You're right. :)

OK. I just saw this and am totally shocked by this. Mods please remove this if it's inappropriate. Is this true??? I've never heard of this before (then again I've only known bout her for less than a month) so am wondering if it's true or just some people trying to stir rumorus bout our bb.

She had plastic surgery??

There's like a million childhood pictures of Goo HyeSun around the net and she looks absolutely the same.

In some of her ulzzang pics, her eyes look different because she probably got obsessed with double-eyelid glue/tape at some point in her teenage years to make her eyes appear bigger.

For me she's still one of the naturals in the korean entertainment industry. Her baby pics can attest to that.

kellneriner

No, there's no need to delete the link.

Personally I don't think fans here will be offended by it at all.

we can even ask susamerica to translate the article for us, so fans can better understand.

There's like a million childhood pictures of Goo HyeSun around the net and she looks absolutely the same.

Thank you so much! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the images. Thanks for clearing that up bb. I'll edit the link cos I can't bear having other people watching it and thinking it's her.

Hye Sun <3

EDIT: Thanks Minjee. Just checked out the article and I AM SO PROUD SHE IS FIRST ON THAT LIST. ;)

It totally made my day. I was googling her just now and saw some very unpretty comments/remarks bout her :( so this totally defies all the haters' comments. Thanks for this. :)

This girl is beautiful NATURALLY, talented AND humble. If I were a guy I'd want to marry her fer sure! LOL.

Guest minjee

Thank you so much! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the images. Thanks for clearing that up bb. I'll edit the link cos I can't bear having other people watching it and thinking it's her.

Hye Sun <3

hi kellneriner~~HS is natural beauty for sure! check out this old post about korea's natural beauties~ no doubt she's on the list of course! She looks the same even when she was very young except now she's bloom into a beautiful woman ;):)

Korea's Natural Beauties pt.1

cr:popseoul

Guest mab2007

When I saw her again in 2ne1 TV, I really missed her. So I watch her part repeatedly there and can't stop wondering why God had made her perfectly. It's really good. Hahai! It's as if I'm in love again. Haha!

Guest pinkgirl09

here's new pictures captured from video "Over the rainbow" :D :D

GHS.jpg

Add more Old pictures of hyesun, HOpe all Suniez @soompi will like it :D

GHS2.jpg

Hye sun has told her self for being harder again and again to make all her dreams come true :P :P

GHS4.jpg

:D :D :D

GHS3.jpg

Note : Just compared the mature and elegant girl GHS now and the cute and pure face GHS in the past [ 4 years ago ] ^^

Guest susAmerica

Thank you everyone for sharing updates :D

Looking forward to her concert/album release with Isao Sasaki. He made a post about it at his official(?) blog: http://blog.goo.ne.jp/isao-sasaki/e/8dac25...5523f8720a7e5a3

credit: link via dc

Old magazine scan. Sorry if repost?

http://134.imageshack.us/134/7309/477n.jpg

Bonus.. nice fanart with text characters (click to enlarge 1400x1740)

http://134.imageshack.us/134/4359/hyesun1th.png

credit: dc

Mintcar, thank you for findding such a young pix of GHS. At least, I have never seen one. Here is the translation of the article: wirtten by Nam Ji Eun and photo by Jung Yong Il

I have never seen anybody with such huge eyeball. We bumped into Hye Sun in the elevator and, truly, her eyes made up half of her face.

"You are not wearing Circle Lens(?), are you?" A reporter unscrupulously checked on HS' s eyes. (OMG, how annoying! She probably had to go through such obnoxious reporters and so-called-fans constantly! Pleae, let us NOT do that to her her on this thread!!!!)

"It's natural,,," Embarrassed by such a reporter, HS hid her blushing face behind her manager. HS is an absolute 20-year old flower (something).

She is getting much attention as a modern icon, "ulzzang=a kid with a prettiest face". (I remember reading another anticle that stated that GHS was the first generation "ulzzang", meaning that the term started with her and 4 other females who ranked top 5 ulzzangs at that time. I don't think she ever liked the idea of being called that. She always felt burdened by the label and felt guilty to many people who felt the burden to meet the surface beauty standard. I think it was her interview with the EBS' Cinema Heaven PD.) She already made a music video with Sung Si Kyung and a CF with Kim Nam Il. Except for few promotional pictures in fashion magazines, she basically has only two debut projects, yet this pretty little girl is creating sensation.

"My friends posted my picture in the internet and I became an ulzzang."

Milky-white skin and from her shiny lips flow out hard-to-imagine small but firm voice.

"I like it (perhaps she means the attention) but I get upset that I may be on the spotlight due to special favors." (Wow, that could be a harship on someone as smart and sensitive as GHS at age 18 or 19 from American age system.)

The reporter is highly praising her ability to speak so eloquently. When asked if she feels too busy,,,

"I am not busy. I am only doing one VJ work, nothing else." (Even then, to our GHS, one job is NOT enough. She needs to have several projects going on at the same time!)

It is too early to call her entertainer/performer, however, she is a "VJ" for a daily morning show called <Hye Sun's Wake-Up> through Mnet. According to the marketing staff, it is a highly popular program where Hye Sun handles tons of fans on a daily basis. (One word prevents me from understanding what kind of program it is. Sorry.)

But, our HS says, "I stink at it. I make so many NG's because I cannot remember my lines. Because of the lighting, I cannot look at the camera directly so my eyes often come out squinting. She uses all her hands to express her deficiencies. (She is a prefectionist and very hard on herself.) Yet, she has confidence that she will do a good job by being her own friendly and comfortable self. (She really wants to shine through her own abilities.)

HS has been preparing to be a singer and will make a debut of her first album this November. (The year has to be either 2002 or 2003 or maybe 2004???) Besides the morning program, she has spent all her spare time preparing for the album. She had been preparing for several years to become a singer and this could be a chance to make her dream come true.

"Modern rock is a kind of music that I always wanted to play. I want to become as skillful a singer as Ja Woo Rim." LIke the singer, HS would like to form a 3-person rock band. That is enough reason to keep an eye on her. (I wonder what ever happened to her first album? I am guessing it was not a big success? Too sad. I am guessing that is when YG suggested trying acting to her and she auditioned for the NN5? Could that be her story? Yet, she never abandoned her dream of music, did she? I pray for her success on September 5th concert! Wow, I never knew she wanted to form a 3-person modern rock band. What is an example of "modern rock" anyway? It is not new age, is it? Please enlighten my ignorance, somebody. Thanks.) :mellow::D

Guest susAmerica

7월 日잡지「女性自身」한류STAR CM인기 프린스&프린세스 베스트10!

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=f4&am...1600&page=1

Sue, i feel bad having to do this all the time, but do u mind scanning and see if it's important?

In June, the first TV Commercial Festival was held and Lee Min Ho (22) and Son Dam Bi (25) were awarded. I am not sure what they were awarded for except maybe for being spokesperson for the most number of CF or CM and for their popularity??? What confuses me is that according to Son Yoo Jon, who analyzed not only the pupularity of the hallyu stars but their effectiveness in their assigned CF/CM, the ranking seems to have different results.(Pleae take my translation with grain of salt and please for those who either read Korean or Japanese, please recheck what I say here.Thank you.)

Top #1 ranking goes to Lee Na Young (30)--I guess 30 CF's??? Her pure image without any scandals attract her to both young and old. She also command a CF/CM salary of 1/10th of top Hallyu stars/actors.

@2~Lee Seung Gi (22)

@3~tied for Yoon Eun Hye (24) and Goo Hye Sun (24)

@5~tied for Kim Bum (20) and Big Bang (?)

@7~Lee Min Ho (22) See, this is what is confusing me. He was awarded in the festival but his ranking is 7th.

@8~tie for Son Dam Bi and Kim Tae Hee

@10~Rain (27)

Guest susAmerica

Wasfiyya,

Thanks for leading me back to the BOF memory lane with the tons of BTS pix.

One pic had GHS,F4 and the young PD who really seems to have connected intimately with the actors in the picture. I believe he wrote the statement under the group pic. Does anybody remember the PD's name? I remember a BTS picture of him hugging GHS once. He says:

Jandi, Joonpyo, JiHoo, Woobin, YiJung and Gawel,

You guys made me so very happy.

You all gave so much happiness to so many people, not just me.

You guys really worked hard...

Through BOF, I really saw the bitterness of life---because of that I feel upgraded one level.

For the sake of starting all over again, let's really have a good rest....

However, let's never forget the feverishly happy times we had together...

~Love you all BOF~

(No wonder they all keep in touch. It must have been an amazingly friendly working atmosphere even under a great harship!) :)