Lee Tae Ran 이태란

Guest senalee

Guest melyssa

I am not sure aobut KSS but I think I read somewhere while researching on MPY that he is single.

WERE there rumours that PHJ/LTR were a couple? NEVER KNEW! : LOL.

I read about PSH and PHJ; but the rumours were dismissed right. She's SO young lah.

In terms of looks, KSS is more compatible to LTR than PHJ is ... but the chemistry between KSS and LTR doesn't seem as hot as with PHJ...

I thought there were rumours but if I'm not wrong, it's rather superficial and not such a hot sizzling rumour...

About PHJ and PSH... it's a RUMOUR and the end!! Nothing else.

:blink: hmmm still single huh...just that she at the age of marriage....or maybe consider late already......

so she had rumour with PHJ :w00t: how serious was that rumour? hope it more than just a rumour but i don't think it happening....the age gap between LTR and PHJ was huge in real life.....did LTR had any other rumour?? sorry.. :unsure: the gossiping auntie in me had surface....it seem PHJ had rumour with quite few lady... :phew: okok keeping the gossiping auntie inside the cupboard she not coming back....

i had notice PHJ through LTR when in seven princesses....at first me never watch that show as usually i don't watch long Kdrama as i will lost interest mid way...that why i didn't watch seven princesses then it was half way air then i stumbled upon it then slowly from inconsistent watching and become addicted....kekeke

i start watching bcos of seolchil literally like LTR as person then fall for hanam then PHJ as person...but my focus is still more on LTR ... so i don't where i am guess i'm in between the 3 of you guys.....

...what bryan said it true PHJ is lucky to get his first screen love, kiss and marriage with LTR...too bad they don't get a bed scene together...it will be one hot sceen... :w00t:

saw the picture that was posted by leila_kim...is it me only or anyone notice that the recent picture of LTR she seem to loss some weight on the face not sure about the body....

LTR is known to be a very nice actress and any of her co-stars can tell you that... even KSS! She's friendly and also charitable... I know she goes for many charity work even overseas..

I'm also curious if she's linked with any other actors or any news of her with other guys in or outside the entertainment industry ... *joins dusk2dawnbreak in the gossip.. haha^^* Kind of nice to see this thread moving on....

The bed scene in 7P is too mild but they are still sweet. I really love and miss hanam/seolchil pair so much... their love story is so sweet.... the best to me!! ^^ About PHJ and rumours with his co-stars... yes, he's also rumoured to be with Han Hyo-joo his costar in 'As Much As Heaven And Earth'... but again rumours only,...guess that he being quite attractive would not be able to avoid such rumours completely...

LTR looks fine to me in MPY as I'm following episodes everyweek... I guess it's the angle that the picture is taken and wondering if that shot is recent... anybody knows?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi leila_kim, thatnortongirl, dusk2dawnbreak, bryan & melyssa! Glad to see u guys here & discussing abt LTR! :rolleyes: A few things were raised by u all and i'll try to answer as best i can :sweatingbullets:

Fashion shoots: Prelin

Random photos: Yes, some were posted here, some in different versions, others new!... :)

Weight thingy: She is very thin given her height and all. I practically scrutinises every photo and her on tv...haha. She does yoga and exercises consistently to maintain her figure. (which is very much needed in this industry)

KSS: Attached, he plans to propose to his gf of abt 11yrs but dunno when...Age: Older than LTR as she calls him Oppa.

LTR: Single (still...) She is willing to date someone with marriage in mind. She considers her marriageable age to be 39.

(Little info here: She once confessed to a good guy fren that she liked him. But that guy preferred to stay as good fren instead...As far as i know, she hasnt been linked to other actors. Ancient times ago, when she was starting out, she dated her ex-manager at that time. But that guy was a scumbug. When LTR's career took off and she became more recognized, his own career went downhill. He then threatened her with a non-existence video which he claimed was a sex video. They went to court and police investigations revealed that it was fabricated. After this, she took time off from acting to rest and to think about stuff. She re-emerged stronger & wiser and more careful with choosing guys. Thus she is more careful when it comes to relationships. In contrast to the roles that she plays, usually independent, strong woman, in real life she is quite the 'little woman'. KSS had this initial impression of her too but as he got to know her thru MPY, he said she's actually very feminine, needs love & care and protection from the evils of this world (it takes a real man to know a real woman!...hehe...u can check out the vidz which i had posted of him saying that)

Pairing up: Unlike in HK where the couple pairing thingy works, in korea, its rather different. If they paired up for a drama, they are not likely to pair up in another drama so soon. But they might pair up in a movie and vice versa. Most actors/actresses and according to the trend of the industry there, they want to show versatilty by doing different things with different people. Working on 1 type of project with same partner gives the impression that they are limited in talents thus leading to no change and growth which they dun like to be associated with. They want to portray different images and be working on different projects to grow in their craft. They dun want to be seen as stagnant and not moving forward. Many sequels of popular drama doesnt have the same original casts...can be due to other reasons like time schedules and higher fees esp if they have gotten popular in the 1st series...but mainly they want to expand their repertoire. (eg Full House, Goong, Return of Iljimae) Also, pairing up with same acting partners give rise to rumours and gossips which their management companies hated, even if that's not true. Public image is very important to the artists as it concern what kinds of projects and CF they'll get...thus the earnings that they can received. In korea, rumours can actually end an artist's career, even forcing him/her to commit suicide. (so sad...but true)

thatnortongirl, go watch My Rosy Life!...even if its just for LTR!

Thanks Chelly for all that news. One of the many reasons why i admire and respect LTR so much....is because she never let adversity bring her down.....after that unfortunate incident with the scumbag manager....she came back even stronger with hits like 'Who's my love' , ' Yellow Handkerchief' , ' My Rosy Life' and ' 7 Princesses'.

Here's a photo taken in 2003....with her then fiance....Yes, she was engaged to be married.....his name is Yun Da Hoon, also an actor whom she met while filming ' Who's my Love'. Unfortunatiely, they broke up also in 2003 while she was filming ' Yellow Handkerchief'. Fans believed all that crying for her role as JaYoung may be her real emotions from the breakup.

20030131000001103vu5.jpg

By shui57 at 2009-02-05

She looks so great at the Bobbi Brown event! Totally love that jacket! :D In a way, am quite relieved that she didnt get to marry to Yun Da Hoon :sweatingbullets: (i know shouldnt look at appearance...but...but...i want her to be with someone great and erm...better looking :D ) I love how LTR puts in her best effort all the time into every role that she had. I think she's a person who counts her blessings and doesnt take things for granted. My only bigtime wish for her now is that she'll meet the right man to take care of her :lol: (another secret wish is that she'll see this forum dedicated to her!)

Guest dusk2dawnbreak

hey chelly..thanks for the information...you had let me know more about LTR...it not easy for me to get interested toward an actor or actress but i guess it all fate that i stumble upon LTR and PHJ.... :rolleyes:

melyssa, i guess it just our empty gossiping and spamming that get this site moving... :sweatingbullets: i had a bit of time last week as i was on leave for chinese new year but back to work this week already and before i know i was send to go outstation and away for 2 days....usually when i work i don't have much time to online that why i always a silent reader only.....it just that something caught my attention in this site then i start posting when i thought that nobody notice...so when u guy reply i feel i should reply back...since here i try to post as much as i can...but hope nobody mind my spamming and gossiping... :phew: don't think i can contribute much of information or pic here....

from the info that chelly and bryan had posted..it seem LTR it taking her time 2 choose a guy...

i had wanted to watch yellow handkerchieft but i never manage to get that show anyway...so far i had only watch 7p trying to secure her other project, one of it is yellow handkerchieft but unable to locate anyway...any idea anyone?? :blush:

Hi dusk2dawnbreak, happy to have u here, no worries about not posting pics or info, juz happy tat u like LTR too!...She's my #1 fav actress :) and im really happy tat there r others like me who like her. Come here whenever u can to juz talk abt her :) U can try Youku for Yellow Handkerchief.

And er...bryan...wat happened to all ur posted pics? :sweatingbullets:

Guest lollicup

yay i finally found Lee Tae Ran's thread :) I think she is totally underappreciated! More people should get to know more about her. I think she's a wonderful actress and super pretty too.

She's sooooooo beautiful in the wedding shoots!!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Really hope that she'll meet her Prince Charming soon!

And welcome Lollicup :) Do stay around!

Guest leila_kim

wow!!!!! she looks so gorgeous in that wedding photoshoot! she's like a goddess! :D:w00t:

thanks for the pics guys! i wonder who would be the lucky guy?! B)

hello everyone!

and oh by the way, does anyone knows LTR's old, old korean drama "More than Love" ? I've been trying to look for it but i really don't know where to find it! i would really want to see this drama. it also stars Kim Ji Ho, my other favorite actress! they play twins in this drama..hehe..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dusk2dawnbreak

hey...been awhile...we were just talking about her and whether she had boyfriend and getting married...then come her picture in wedding dress...as if she know what we all talking about :rolleyes: she look good in the wedding gown....wonder if she had anyone particular in mind to wear with... that special someone...with that special gown ;)

hey chelly thanks for telling me where to get yellow handkerchieft but if i'm not wrong youku is a chinese website rite....can't understand chinese thus not sure how to navigate & search for it.... i can communicate in basic chinese but coming into read and writing i'm totally zero :wacko:

Guest dusk2dawnbreak

Hi dusk2dawnbreak here's a link to Youku's Yellow Handkerchief. From there, u shd be able to navigate around easily, just read epi 1, 2, 3 etc...on the right side of the video screen. The audio is in Chinese though.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzYxNDM1Ng==.html

AND!!!...It'll be great if LTR do have a special someone :lol:

Thanks Chelly... i will try and watch it when i can...it is the full drama? how many episode is there? been getting some connection problem lately don't why...find it difficult to online for the past few weeks everseen i finish my leave :tears:

well, it be really great if she had that special someone...althought i was hoping it will be PHJ :blush: but i know chance are slim...

she look good in picture as always no matter what her outfit is....any news about her lately...she been really quiet...i think she attend the baeksang arts award....hmm lot of awards in korea... really confuse about it, what is the different between all the awards?? :unsure:

Guest Chelly

Hi, juz dropping a quick note (as i cant stay on long) to say that she has done an interview recently with a magazine and that i'll be translating the whole thing here later :) So watch tis space!

Guest melyssa

Hi to all.... here're some of her latest pictures. LTR presented at the Baeksang Awards Ceremony with Jo Min-ki.... I only managed to get her red carpet shots ...

49417569.jpg

71205250.jpg

56045369.jpg

Credit as on pictures

• 3 weeks later...
Guest melyssa

Here's more on that event ^ .... (Repost from Park Haejin Soompi thread)

45 Baeksang Awards Ceremony - Playful Park Haejin and Lee Taeran (Good friends indeed!!)

From feenywu@Park Haejin Fans Club in Taiwan ...

These photos are taken when PHJ just entered the ceremony hall from the red-carpet walk. These original photos are taken from cafe.daum.net/niceHJ.

PHJ walking towards the table where LTR and JMK are seated...

phjltrbs1.jpg

... PHJ playfully touches LTR's shoulder on one side and moves on to the other....

phjltrbs2.jpg

... PHJ pretends he's not responsible when LTR catches sight of him at the other side... all three shaking hands together...

phjltrbs3.jpg

... all three of them, PHJ, JMK and LTR talking there!!

phjltrbs4.jpg

These pictures have been edited to be clearer by feenywu@Park Haejin Fans Club in Taiwan. Thanks for her effort.. I've also translated some captions that she has appended to each photo.

Haejin secretly moved towards the back of Taeran.. at that time Taeran was chatting happily with her 'ex-husband' Jo Minki!! (NB: Lee Taeran and Jo Minki had acted as husband and wife in one of the dramas ... sorry but I don't know which one.)

phjltrbs5.jpg

He placed his hand gently on Taeran's shoulder and pretended that he did not do it.

phjltrbs6.jpg

phjltrbs7.jpg

Taeran: Who's that?

Minki: It's my son!

Haejin: It's my 'Zang Princess (LTR's nickname in 7P by HJ's character) and Ahbuji (Father)' ...*@#$

Taeran: Hey you! Got me scared and confused at the moment .... (with his playful act on her)

phjltrbs8.jpg

The three of them who are close friends shaking hands...

phjltrbs9.jpg

At the bottom right, there's our Jihye!!

phjltrbs10.jpg

Credits: cafe.daum.net/niceHJ + http://phj0501.freebbs.hk/

• 4 weeks later...
Guest melyssa

Lee Taeran is at present in China with Park Haejin and Choi Jungwon from April 18-21. Their schedules are tightly packed with activities to publicise for 'Seven Princesses'

1801d43q1a161.jpg

News posted on April 17 2009

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20090417n11251

최정원,이태란 '…칠공주' 中 프로모션

연합뉴스 기사전송 2009-04-17 15:29

20090418917b3c93471c28b.jpg20090418d10d6b82ba91819.jpg

News posted on April 17 2009

Source: http://news.nate.com/view/20090417n08429

이태란 ‘소문난 칠공주’ 중국 진출 “제2의 한류붐 기대”

뉴스엔 원문 기사전송 2009-04-17 13:21

20090418ff1a6549251178f.jpg

More can be found here at Park Haejin Soompi thread.

Lee Taeran was warmly welcomed by her Chinese fans upon arrival at Changsha airport. They mentioned that she's very thin, tall and elegant. She went up to her fans to shake their hands and she thanked them in Chinese when they presented their gifts for her.

Credit: Lee Taeran Baidu

Archived