Lee Tae Ran 이태란

Guest senalee

Guest senalee

Hi I'm addicted to a recent show called 'Chil Pricesses' and I really think Lee Tae Ran is a great actress so I decided to start a thread for her since I couldn't find one in the directory. But is someone has started one please let me know and the Soompi staff.

Lee Tae Ran ( 이태란 )

20060328231005_95.jpg

head_29.gif4.jpg

104_335376_0703ba002.jpg

Born: March 25, 1975

Height/Weight: 170 cm (5' 7") / 50 kg (110 lbs.)

TV dramas: Chil Princesses (Sul-chil); Rosy Life (Young-yi); The Marrying Type (Soon-ae); Yellow Handkerchief (Ja-young); Who's My Love (Hana); More Than Love (Hee-ju); Navy (So-yeon); Goodbye My Love (Hee-jung); Days of Delight (Yu-jung); Steal My Heart (Hee-soo); Soon Poong Clinic

Movies: Man Story (1998)

Awards: KBS Best Actress, Gold (2003); KBS Best Actress, Bronze (2002)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest senalee

New Drama starts Next Year

p5.jpg

Popular actress Lee Tae-ran will star in a Chinese drama that will begin airing in the country in February of next year.

[The 30-part family saga, co-produced by Korea and China, tells the story of a Chinese family with three grown-up children who each marry spouses of three different nationalities - Korean, French and Malay. Lee will play the Korean daughter-in-law to the family.

Cast a few months ago, Lee has reportedly already taped segments of the show in China, and will soon begin taping in Korea. The actress will receive 4 million won per episode, bringing her total pay up to 120 million won.

According to the Chinese producers, Lee was chosen for the role because she has very Asian features and a Western aura as well. Since the drama aims to promote international thinking among Chinese, she was considered ideal, they were reported as saying.

Korean producers added that the fact Lee has always wanted to take part in a foreign project worked in her favor.

Lee, 24, has starred in several hit programs since her debut, including a role in the popular sitcom "Sungpung Obstetrics" and the weekend drama, "Not Just Anybody Can Find Love."]

Credit to KoreaHerald

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jesslynk26

I love her in Chil Princesses too but why is this thread so :unsure: ??

Anyways, today i watched her at the Seoul Drama Awards as one of the presenters and she looked so beautiful..here are some pictures from the event

1048_356859_0282.jpg

29234430993_61000090.jpg

20060829205328524.jpg

I want her black dress right now :P

I am watching her show Yellow Handkerchief and since then, I love the way she dress and she acts very well

she is also pretty and nice physique

who's that guy on her in the Seoul Drama Awards

Thanks senalee for starting this thread.

Lee Tae Ran is my favourite K actress.Have not missed any of her her shows since Yellow Handkerchief.Also got to watch her as the korean daughter-in-law in a Chinese production.

What can I say but that Lee Tae Ran is truly an amazing and beautiful actress.

I hope we can get to see her on the big screen soon

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest FreshSexyClean

I'm a new fan so I don't know much about her yet. I love her character in Rosy life cos she played a tough role. It was very difficult for the audience to love her because she has a lover but she pulled it off because she's such a great actress. I love her so much!!!!!!!!

Guest FreshSexyClean

I agree with you there. However, I think she's better when she plays the role of a careerwoman because she gets to wear power dresses and she can pull it off...and she looks so convincing.

• 3 weeks later...

^ I ditto that. I loved her character in "Rosy Life". I loved her stubbornness and also her compassionate side when it came to her sister. I liked what her sister said about her, how she's tough on the outside but soft on the inside. Her compatibility with Nam Gu Min is great also! I loved them together.

What's next for her?

What's next for her?

She has a movie coming out early 2007 -- ' Lovers. Over the shoulders' with Lee Mi Yeon.

Finished watching all 80 epsds of Seven Princesses......and suffering from withdrawal sypmtons now.Just can't wait for her next TV drama.....I hope it's with KBS so I can watch it on KBS World.

Guest ellabel

Didnt know that there is a LTR thread in soompi. Thanks senalee for starting the thread. :)

I first saw her in Rosy Life and I really like the way she acts... very natural and she dresses quite well. She may not be very pretty in beauty pageant standards but she's very charming and i wud kill to have her body and height.

Altho I have not seen Yellow hankie and been watching just the recent eppies of Chill sisters which I'm enjoying right now, I look forward to watching more LTR works.

Archived