[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA (신화) THREAD #2

innasalvatore

The fact that they sued shincom AND the six members, then said that they had NO INTENTION of doing so is just plain stupid! If you had no intention of suing shinhwa and understand that they have no part in this, but still go and sue them anyway, then you are obviously using their fame to give your case some attention. 

I think they had full intentions of suing but retracted their statement after they realized they're messing with a non-rookie company and underestimated Shincom. That's what I think -_-

Lol Jinnie's new burger picture on IG. So much for chef Jinnie whom didn't know how to cook much before haha

Edited by xblackchristmas
  • Like 2

Why can't I get twitter's photo links but the link to the status with the photo attached? x.x Looks like that shady Chinese company made up an illegitimate document and forged their the members' "signatures" which were more like writing their names.

Also, Hyesung's real name is not Hyesung and Minwoo's name is not Miwoo lmao. Some of the members' "signatures" look like they're signed by the same person but in reality they're all signed by the same person because of how it is slanted.

• Like 1

OMG!!!

Shinhwa and VIXX Added to KCON 2015 Lineups + Ticketing Info Released

Shinhwa and VIXX Added to KCON 2015 Lineups + Ticketing Info Released

All you K-pop fans on the West and East Coasts, get pumped! Shinhwa andVIXX have just been announced as additions to the KCON lineups!

KCON 2015, an annual gathering of “All Things Hallyu,” will see power group VIXX on its New York artist roster, while K-pop veterans Shinhwa will be joining its Los Angeles flagship convention. This year’s concerts - held in the Staples Center in Los Angeles from July 31 to August 2, and Prudential Center in Newark on August 8 – marks the third appearance of VIXX and the first appearance of Shinhwa. The convention portion of KCON in Los Angeles will be held in Los Angeles Convention Center.

In addition, fans eager to get their hands on tickets can rejoice, as new information regarding the ticketing process has been released.

-        June 18 (10am PT // 1pm ET) – Los Angeles Platinum and Combo tickets go on-sale.

-        June 21 (10am PT // 1pm ET) – Los Angeles Individual Tickets go on-sale

-        June 25 (10am PT // 1pm ET) – All Tickets for New York go on-sale. 

So far, the Los Angeles lineup boasts the participation of Super JuniorBlock B, AOA, and Shinhwa, while Girls’ Generation and VIXX is expected to headline the New York show.

Who are you looking forward to next?

cr: soompi 

• Like 3

oh my~ I don't usually participate on online voting but the last one I did was for KCON dream lineup and voted SHINHWA x 8!

I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT! First was ERIC photoalbum and now SHINHWA in person! Christmas came so early this year! Keke~

*check flight tix*

• Like 3

[NOTICE] 
‘신화’, 이제는 우리의 완전한 이름입니다.

오늘 기사에 보도된 바와 같이 
지난 27일 신컴엔터테인먼트는 준미디어와의 원만한 합의를 통해
‘신화’의 상표권을 최종 양도 받고, 현재 명의 이전 절차를 진행 중입니다.

아마 오늘 이 소식을 듣고 어느 누구보다 팬 여러분들께서 가장 기뻐하셨을 것 같습니다.

또한 상표권 문제로 많은 일들을 겪어야 했던 지난날들을 떠올리며
오늘의 이 결과가 우리 모두에게 얼마나 큰 의미인지 생각해 보셨을 것으로 짐작됩니다.

우리는 지난 17년 동안 분명한 ‘신화’였지만 ‘신화’라는 이름에 있어서 자유롭지 못했고, 그때마다 발생되는 안타깝고 답답한 상황들에 
신화 멤버들뿐만 아니라 팬 여러분들 역시 상처 받고 아파했음을 알고 있습니다.

길고 힘겨웠던 싸움 끝에 이제 우리의 완전한 이름, ‘신화’를 찾게 된 만큼 신화와 신컴엔터테인먼트는 그 이름의 가치를 더욱 더 빛낼 수 있도록, 또한 더 단단해질 수 있도록 최선의 노력을 다하겠습니다.

그 동안 많은 응원을 보내주신 팬 여러분들께 감사드리며,
‘신화’의 이름으로 앞으로 더욱 값지고 멋진 활동 보여드리겠습니다.

앞으로도 팬 여러분들의 많은 격려 부탁드리며 다시 한 번 17년 동안 ‘신화’를 지켜주신 팬 여러분들께 진심으로 감사 인사 전합니다.

감사합니다.

Here to spread the good news (if you haven't heard) that SHINHWA CAN FINALLY USE THEIR NAME AFTER FIGHTING FOR 12 LONG YEARS! 

I had tears of joy, jumped around screaming, after I found at Shinhwa was attending KCON LA (I think I threw their name out onto the voting polls and live chat many times). I couldn't believe it when I saw the title of the article that they were attending KCON. I even freaked out hoping they weren't attending the NY one instead (but Eric will probably want to visit his family here anyway). 

TODAY IS A HAPPY DAY. <3 

• Like 5

Shinhwa Changjos North America, this is our chance to show our support for our Six Fabulous Guys!!!  Let's ROCK KCON L.A.!!!!!  I hope that there will be an ocean of Orange Princesses there to support our LEGEND!!!!

• Like 4

Shinhwa Changjos North America, this is our chance to show our support for our Six Fabulous Guys!!!  Let's ROCK KCON L.A.!!!!!  I hope that there will be an ocean of Orange Princesses there to support our LEGEND!!!!

YES, if anyone else is going, let me know so we can do a fan meetup and organize this orange ocean!

• Like 5

Shinhwa in LA dfghgghjkghjklgfghj,k.! I won't be able to go since I'll be in Japan, so jealous to those who can go, you guys cheer very loud, 'kay? :) I'm sure Shinhwa will rock and slay! 

• Like 1

Shinhwa san!

tumblr_inline_np463wWjwm1spcm04_500.jpg

Our name for life    Thank you Shinhwa Changjo ❤️ If it weren’t for you we would be here…We wouldn’t have the 17 years of memories we have now..Or anything really     Shinhwa will never go down  #SHINHWA #ShinhwaChangjo #ShinhwaIsShinhwa’s #ShinhwaWillNeverGoDown

tumblr_inline_np466pSWnu1spcm04_500.jpg

Guess which member~??^^ He’s imitating me because he says today’s a good day LOL #Parody #150529 #Shindependenceday #ShinhwaMember

Source: Minwoo’s Instagram

cr. shinhwastuff

• Like 2

[News] Shinhwa finds their name after 12 years…end of trademark lawsuit

tumblr_inline_np3masto1Q1rb7x3v_540.jpg

Korea’s representative idol group ‘Shinhwa’ (Kim Dongwan, Lee Minwoo, Eric, Andy, Junjin, Shin Hyesung) has found their name after 12 years. Through a mediation process at the courts recently, they are able to use the name ‘Shinhwa’ without any restrictions in future, through the agreement made to hand over the trademark rights to the team’s name.

On the 29th, according to legal professionals, Shinhwa’s agency ShinCom Entertainment (ex Shinhwa Company) and trademark rights holder Jun Media (ex Open World Entertainment) participated in an arbitration at the Seoul High Court on the 27th and have accepted the Court’s arbitration proposal regarding the transfer of the trademark rights.

The court had previously made a compulsory arbitration decision on the 20th of last month when both sides failed to come to a compromise. Following that ShinCom Entertainment representatives raised their objections, and after another arbitration, an agreement was finally made over the trademark rights.

The problem surrounding the trademark over ‘Shinhwa’ can be traced back to 12 years ago. Shinhwa’s previous agency SM Entertainment had, near the end of 2003, signed a contract allowing the use of group name ‘Shinhwa’ with Shinhwa’s new agency then, Good EMG. Also, after completing registration of the trademark for ‘Shinhwa’ in 2005, they had put the name in trust to Jun Media, before completely handing over the rights to Jun Media the following year.

The trademark rights that Jun Media held was limited to music records and digital tracks released under the trademark of Shinhwa within Korea.

Shinhwa later left Good EMG, set up a new agency called ‘Shinhwa Company’ and signed a contract over the use of ‘Shinhwa’s’ trademark with Jun Media on 2011.

However, the following year, when they asked for proof documents on their ownership of the trademark rights, Jun Media’s failure to respond led to a cancellation of the contract, requesting for the return of contractual fees as well as “the profits from the 2012 concert and partial earnings from the Japan fanclub.” On this, Jun Media’s representatives countered with a lawsuit, saying, “We have the trademark rights so pay the profits from the 2013 concert as stated in the contract.”

tumblr_inline_np3npceEXy1rb7x3v_540.jpg

The courts made a verdict, telling both sides, “Calculate each other’s earnings and pay up,” but also said, “Jun Media has the rights to the trademark so Shinhwa has no reason to cancel the contract,” giving Jun Media a partial win.

Shinhwa’s representatives later put up an appeal, and to prevent future problems, changed their company name from Shinhwa Company to ShinCom Entertainment. From their 11th full album released on May 2013, they didn’t use the trademark ‘Shinhwa’ on the album jacket and only put a logo.

It is the first time in 17 years that Shinhwa has actually gotten the rights to the trademark, since their debut in 1998, and this result is expected to be a happy news to the fans too.

sr: Star News  Translation by malpabo.tumblr.com

• Like 2

More good news for the guys! I'm loving how this week is going so far!kkk

So jealous of the girls who'll get to see our  oppas live in kcon. I'll also be travelling during that time so I won't be able to go (plus LA is a looooong way from where I am right now!hahaha), but please wave an extra orange flag for me!kkk

• Like 1

Guest kunjit

@lavenderose really? sorry for late reply lol... maybe some fans like both of them since both shinhwa and arashi have great strong friendship although it is still different..like arashi member are so considerate with each other into the point they never fight for this 16 years but for shinhwa, they did fight with each other but they really have great friendship as well..and in the end both group members really love their groups...And congrats for seeing Shinhwa live and sharing your experience :D

and happy Shinpendence Day :w00t:..i still confuse  with how their name could be ended with Jun Media before..but finally Shinhwa got their rights :sweatingbullets: :w00t:

ah...shinhwa at lotte family concert..too bad i couldnt attend it.and here was gone my free ticket for that event lol 

and WE Production is so great...couldnt wait for my copy arrive :wub:

I have a random/BTS question and I'm hoping someone knows something about it.

I was watching the boys making/BTS of their return/venus album. They had one of the earlier meeting back in Sept 2011? Andy was with his military haircut still. He wasn't discharged yet, neither was Minwoo but they were both seen in this meeting and other meetings after, producing the return album and whatnot.

So could korean who's serving their military duty do other work during their days off?

• Like 1

YES, if anyone else is going, let me know so we can do a fan meetup and organize this orange ocean!

​I'll be going :) please count me in

• Like 1