[Drama 2012] An Angel's Choice/천사의 선택

debbiek153

From the preview at the end of ep 50, I expect some drastic changes in ep 51. 

These daily kdramas seem to divide themselves in 2 parts.  All the build up stops

at the 50 ep point; then the action boomerangs back to hit the evil characters

and unravel all the mysteries. 

I hope to see how MJ and ES will join forces as a romantic couple.  In the beginning

eps MJ was rather caustic to ES.     

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Huh. So as of Episode 53…

Yoo Ran and Eun Seok get divorced, and Yoo Ran is acting all but legally Sang Ho’s wife. What’s interesting is that Sang Ho doesn’t seem to be in any hurry to get divorced from Eun Sol. Perhaps money is in the equation?

Eun Sol wins over Sang Ho by joining hands with Min Jae in the “Team of Angel” project. However, it looks like that Sang Ho isn’t overly surprised at his supposed defeat? His subordinate asks him if they should go onto the next phase of their plan, and this worries me…a lot. Sang Ho has proven to be ruthless, and frankly frightening.

Min Jae’s mother knows that her son has feelings for a married woman (I’m not sure if she knows it’s Eun Sol). From the looks of the preview for Episode 54, it seems that Chairman Hwang finds out, too.

I’m surprised at Sang Ho’s 180 degree transformation. He’s acting like a little boy whose toy is about to be taken away. The way that he continues to being bothered at the sight of Min Jae by Eun Sol’s side is a hint of his jealousy, but it gets full-blown in the latter part of Episode 51 and the beginning of Episode 52. In Episode 51, as Sang Ho is coming in, Eun Sol’s on her way out to meet Min Jae concerning work, only to be stopped by Sang Ho. He goes into a rant about how she should act like his wife, as they are still married in the eyes of the law, and that in people’s eyes she and Min Jae together don’t seem to have just a professional relationship.

…Wait. Do I detect a double standard? What was Sang Ho doing when he had an affair with Yoo Ran? And Cho Rong, who has no idea about her true parentage? So his adulterous affair with Yoo Ran is something easily forgivable (and forgettable), while Eun Sol’s frequent meetings with Min Jae, concerning business, are forbidden?

When I consider Sang Ho and his recent behavior, something someone said to me comes to mind: “A man absolutely cannot stomach the sight of an ex-wife happy with another man.” While Sang Ho is portrayed as a calculating manipulator, his childish antics are just that. Childish. And petty. He sees Min Jae as much more than a rival in business: Min Jae, to our seeming invincible (at least, the way he considers himself) Sang Ho, is a threat.And I don’t blame him. For all of his rough actions in the beginning of the drama, Min Jae is transforming into the man viewers can sense under the aloof exterior—a man whose heart is overflowing with warmth and love for the woman he loves and wants to protect. (And for viewers up to date, didn’t we all punch the air in delight when Min Jae punches Sang Ho in Episode 52?)

Lol, it’s 2:30 in the morning and I am beat. I’ll post my thoughts on recent episodes later, after I’ve gotten some hours of beauty sleep. ^-^ Until then, happy watching!

Is it just me, or does this drama resemble Temptation of Wife? Hmm…Let’s do the math:

Eun Sol --> Eun Jae when she emerges as Min So Hee

Sang Ho --> Kyo Bin, only more intelligent and a lot more calculating.

Yoo Ran --> Ae Ri in all her craziness and jealousy.

Sounds about right, don’t you think? ^-^;; Considering that the two dramas have the word “angel” in their respective titles.

So…Episode 54….

The situation is tense and awkward as Sang Ho and Yoo Ran join Min Jae and Eun Sol for lunch, only for the two women to confront each other in the restroom. A veiled threat from Eun Sol sends Yoo Ran into a furious tizzy, only to have water splashed in her face by Eun Sol, who leaves the restaurant with Min Jae.

Later Yoo Ran rips into Sang Ho at the company’s office. (Personally, from a viewer’s perspective, I’m finding myself a little annoyed at Go Na Eun’s portrayal of Yoo Ran—her performance as a woman who has to grit her teeth and bear the burden of being the jealous, slightly insane “other woman” is kind of falling flat for me, but I’m willing to see how she continues to portray her character’s role.) It’s clear that Sang Ho is much more than bothered at the sight of his (legal) wife with another man, and it’s much more so in Yoo Ran’s eyes.

At the company, a broadcast advertising a new product is underway, and Eun Sol is to co-host the event live. Yoo Ran who “visits” the company sees this as an opportunity to sabotage Eun Sol, and locks her in the bathroom. Meanwhile Min Jae, who is waiting with the others for the broadcast to start, becomes anxious about Eun Sol’s disappearance…

So, one thing that’s so refreshing about this episode is Eun Sol’s change in the way she interacts with Sang Ho and Yoo Ran. She’s not taking Yoo Ran’s condescending attitude and doing nothing. I like the strength in her.

Another is Min Jae. Rather than balking at what she does to Yoo Ran at the restaurant, he applauds her for doing so; he’s seeing the spunk he saw when he first met her. And his ability to quickly appraise the situation and act accordingly…smart man. ^-^ I wish I could say the same for his mother. When I see her trying to match him up with the other woman, I remember the saying that while you can draw a horse to water, you cannot make it drink.

The preview for Episode 55 seems promising…Sang Ho caught in a compromising situation?

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! It's been a while~

I'm sorry for not posting up more thoughts/summaries. While I have been keeping up episodes (“keeping up” means even losing sleep in order to watch), I haven’t found the time to sit down, watch them through, and type up summaries. I’m sorry… >____><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

A lot has happened to Eun Sol over the last…ten? episodes. Let’s see…she’s framed by Kang Suk (obviously—who else?), she gets everything taken away from her, and she’s sent to prison. This week she’s released from prison and living with her family in a tiny residence, and she’s changed. She’s not the upbeat, bubbly Eun Sol we know, but bitter, and determined to get revenge. She rebuffs Min Jae in every way because she knows that she would hurt him if he continues to stay by her side. It’s a good thing that Min Jae is tenacious; he’s not about to give up just because Eun Sol is sending warning signals to back off.

With Eun Sol like this, I’m not sure in what way she’s going to exact revenge. What do you think? Let's discuss the possibilities! ^-^

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bijan630

Hello everyone,

I'm so glad that MBC, NYC area, is subbing this morning drama!  After all of these years, I couldn't believe my eyes.

I now wait until the weekend to watch 5 epsiodes back to back.  This drama's pretty entertaining. It reminds of K-drama's I used to watch a long time ago but without all of the face slapping and the water being thrown in the face.

Thanks for the tidbits and I hope I will be able to read more!  Episode 30 aired this morning.

Hello everyone,

I'm so glad that MBC, NYC area, is subbing this morning drama!  After all of these years, I couldn't believe my eyes.

I now wait until the weekend to watch 5 epsiodes back to back.  This drama's pretty entertaining. It reminds of K-drama's I used to watch a long time ago but without all of the face slapping and the water being thrown in the face.

Thanks for the tidbits and I hope I will be able to read more!  Episode 30 aired this morning. 1

Good to hear that An Angel's Choice is getting attention from viewers outside Korea! (Including me, since I live in the United States.) As of July 12, 74 episodes have been aired, and, my heavens, a lot has happened for our heroine Choi Eun Sol.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I want to apologize for not posting up more often. It’s been a crazy two to three weeks for me. We had a major power outage problem in my area (the D.C. Metropolitan area) for about a week last week due to major storms.  I didn’t have power for a couple of days while the weather has been unbearably hot. However, when power did come back on, the internet was on the fritz for a couple of more days. I had to catch up on more than two weeks’ of episodes yesterday and today, but thankfully I’m all caught up!

Well, let’s see…what’s happened for the last couple of days?

Eun Sol receives the results of a DNA test regarding her brother and her niece…only to find out that what Yoo Ran had told her was true. However, what Eun Sol doesn’t know that Yoo Ran interfered with the delivery of the DNA samples and had them switched. Yoo Ran had already run DNA tests from Sang Ho and Eun Sook, only to confirm her suspicions: her daughter’s biological father is not Sang Ho like she wanted, but her former husband Eun Seok. Yoo Ran is still determined to raise Cho Rong as Sang Ho’s daughter, and destroys the evidence in an attempt to hide the truth.

Eun Sol has started her revenge plan while working at a furniture store with her mother, who is a cleaning lady. With the help of her friend who is an investigator, she starts to hinder the relationship between Lawyer Kim, who had been her father’s lawyer, and Sang Ho, in an attempt to find out any incriminating secrets

Speaking of secrets, the drama is hinting that Eun Seok is not all that he seems. At the end of Episode 73?, Eun Seok is shown going back to bed from being outside of the bedroom right after a scene of a burglar spraying paint on a painting in Sang Ho’s office. (Some friends who were watching this with me suggested either Min Jae or Sang Ho’s faithful secretary, but I have my doubts about Min Jae. Min Jae’s too tall to be the burglar, but there is a possibility that Sang Ho’s faithful secretary isn’t all that he seems.) For next week’s preview, it looks like Yoo Ran forcibly takes Eun Seok to the hospital to check if he’s “normal” based on her wild delusions.

What I can tell from this week’s episodes is that things are starting to be veeeeery interesting. In Episode 74…

Min Jae visits Eun Sol’s workplace to find her in storage. Appalled that she’s doing manual labor—i.e., lifting boxes—he insists that she hands her gloves over and rests while he does the remaining work for her. He says that her work is his work, and his work…is his. They share a quiet moment together, only to be spoiled by Yoo Ran’s petty attempt to injure Eun Sol by pushing a heavy box toppling from the top shelf. Min Jae’s quick instinct saves Eun Sol from being hurt, but not from being injured himself. Eun Sol chases after Yoo Ran, whose diamond bracelet, evidence of her presence, falls to the floor.

Min Jae’s injury at her account softens Eun Sol’s behavior towards him, and she anxiously treats him to lunch. Min Jae uses this opportunity to extract guilt treatment from her, and is genuinely happy that she’s warming up to him. Their lunch date is witnessed by Soo Kyung, who is upset to see Min Jae’s happy expression with Eun Sol. Soo Kyung relays Min Jae’s injury to Pil Nyeo (Min Jae’s mother), who flies to Min Jae’s workplace in concern for her son.

Yoo Ran, who is upset that a prince like Min Jae (her own words, not mine) protected Eun Sol from being hurt and liking Eun Sol, gets scolded by her mother-in-law about making a scene at Sang Ho’s workplace.

A meeting between Sang Ho and Min Jae’s respective companies ends in Sang Ho overhearing Soo Kyung mentioning Min Jae’s injury. Sang Ho then deliberately claps Min Jae’s injured shoulder, and then later seethes about Min Jae getting injured because of Eun Sol.

Eun Sol gets the recommendation to work from Lawyer Kim, and promptly rips up the paper at home. Her intention was to have Sang Ho’s faithful secretary take pictures and show them to Sang Ho (who gets enraged that Lawyer Kim might be betraying him), and break up the relationship between the two men.

Yoo Ran shows up at Cho Rong’s school and meets some of the children’s mothers, and flashes her ring to boost her ego and to show off her superior economic status. However, a resident mother in her neighborhood who knows that Yoo Ran was responsible for breaking up a marriage also appears and divulges this to the other mothers. Yoo Ran, enraged that her image was destroyed, forces Cho Rong to go home with her.

Yoo Ran hands Sang Ho the DNA test (one confirming that Eun Seok is Cho Rong’s biological father) to confirm to him that he is indeed Cho Rong’s father, and she hopes that his behavior towards Cho Rong would change looking at this report. However, her good mood is spoiled when she receives a picture message from Sang Ho’s supposed one-night stand.

The episode ends with Sang Ho arriving at his workplace, and employees are snickering as he walks through to his office. Someone has uploaded an incriminating video of him drunk with another woman in a hotel bed…

• 4 weeks later...

OK, so my computer ate all of my summaries. >____> I'm not sure if I want to do these again.

I'll start posting up in-depth summaries from around episode 75 around this week--it really depends on my time and commitment to this series (which is pretty strong, I guess....)

For picture recaps and further summaries, it'll be aover at my Tumblr page!

So...Episode 91...

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Min Jae and Eun Sol’s mother are frantic about Eun Sol’s whereabouts, and they’re vastly relieved to see that Eun Sol is safe and unharmed. Eun Sol mentions that someone may have taken her phone.           

Min Jae arrives at Eun Sol’s house, frantic, and answers a phone call from Eun Sol. He asks her if she’s really home, and runs up the steps. Inside, Eun Sol’s mother says that it was such a relief that Eun Sol didn’t come to any home; Eun Sol, however, is bemused at all the fuss. Min Jae comes barreling in, and Eun Sol’s mother tactfully wonders if Eun Seok is sleeping peacefully, and leaves Eun Sol to Min Jae. Min Jae is clearly distraught, as he pulls Eun Sol into an embrace, despite Eun Sol’s protests that her mother and brother are in the other room, and breathes a sigh in relief at seeing her unharmed. He checks her over for injuries, and asks her why she didn’t answer his calls. She says that someone took it and played a prank, and that she’s sorry that Min Jae worried so much. He hugs her again, saying that if she died…and she reassures him.

Sang Ho and Yoo Ran worry in his office. Yoo Ran stole Eun Sol’s phone and sent the fake message to anyone—family, coworkers—and Sang Ho is angry that in that group of people none of them is the person that they’re looking for—“Helmet Man.”

Min Jae and Eun Sol sit down for tea, and Eun Sol is angry that someone would do something like this. She thought it was strange that a different PD came to do the shooting. Min Jae says that someone called to say that Eun Sol was sick and couldn’t do the shoot that day. Eun Sol wonders aloud if Sang Ho or Yoo Ran were responsible. Min Jae confirms that it is possible, and that he would find out for her. Min Jae lightens the atmosphere by saying that now that Eun Sol’s phone had been stolen, they would have to buy a new one.

Continuing from the previous episode’s cliffhanger…Min Jae drives to a random location, and steps out. Meeting him is the Helmet Man, who turns out to be…

::drum rolls::

Chairman Wang’s secretary!

….Wait, what? He’s the last person I would’ve thought to be Helmet Man. I seriously thought Eun Seok would be our mysterious man, given all the heavy hints—his entering the bedroom after Helmet Man’s antics, his returning memory, his “picking up” the helmet. But nope, our scriptwriter’s thrown us for the loop. It’s a pleasant surprise, and it leaves me wondering if Dal Bong has a deeper connection—maybe revenge?—with Sang Ho. And it looks like Min Jae’s aware of our innocuous secretary’s activities, and strongly warning him against continuing them. (Go Dal Bong, go!) Dal Bong says that it is almost certain that Sang Ho had Eun Sol “kidnapped” in order to catch him.

Min Jae returns to a darkened home, and dejectedly goes to his room, where he finds Chairman Hwang sitting at his table, waiting for his son to come home. The Chairman says for him to sit, and asks Min Jae upon his son’s apology if it’s because of Eun Sol that he came home so late. He scolds Min Jae for shaming him in front of Soo Kyung’s father, and Min Jae pleads for his father to accept Eun Sol. The Chairman gives him an ultimatum: the only daughter-in-law material he has in mind is Soo Kyung, and leaves Min Jae devastated.

The next morning opens with another rather uncomfortable breakfast setting at Sang Ho’s house, with the mother-in-laws bickering. Sang Ho’s mother wants to buy land from a certain person, and schemes to get it. Meanwhile, Yoo Ran asks Sang Ho if Eun Sol would be suspicious of their antics, but Sang Ho brushes it off, saying that Eun Sol wasn’t a person to be suspicious of anything. Yoo Ran immediately becomes defensive, and picks a fight comparing herself with his past wife. Sang Ho leaves, and Yoo Ran immediately gets angry.

Min Jae and Eun Sol go on a date shopping for a new cell phone for Eun Sol. At first Eun Sol protests, but Min Jae says that it’s not for her that they’re getting a cell phone, but for him so that he doesn’t have to worry so much. (The camera lingers on the scene where Min Jae casually drapes his arm around Eun Sol’s shoulders, and she doesn’t shy away. The romantic in me squeals in happiness!) They take a picture together commemorating the experience, and then Min Jae pulls a fast one to plant a kiss on Eun Sol’s cheek just as the shutter clicks.

In his office, Eun Sol asks Min Jae if he’s really not going to tell her who Helmet Man is (or the person helping Helmet Man, I couldn’t really catch it in order to type this), and he affirms. It’s time for another of Eun Seok’s treatments, and Min Jae is apologetic, as he has a meeting he has to attend. They discuss Eun Seok a bit—how he’s continuing to have nightmares, but there seems to be little progress.

Min Jae and Sang Ho meet in the latter’s office, and discuss business, but Sang Ho assiduously brings up the topic of Min Jae’s upcoming marriage (remember that it is Sang Ho who reveals to the Chairman of Min Jae’s choice of bride). Min Jae reminds him that it is none of his business, as they are in a business setting. Sang Ho flexes his muscles by casually mentions his Eun Sol, and Min Jae retaliates by telling him to take care of his own affairs, as he is concerned that rumors may destroy the joint project’s image.

The two have a stare-down, and Min Jae suddenly asks Sang Ho if the latter had received a message of Eun Sol’s kidnapping.  Sang Ho confirms, and Min Jae says not to worry, as Eun Sol is safe, even though it was because of a prank. He continues to say that he originally suspected Sang Ho of being the perpetrator of the incident. Sang Ho hurriedly ends the conversation by saying that Min Jae must not have a lot to do, as he is saying a lot of useless things—doesn’t he have a meeting to go to? Min Jae notices his nervousness, and smirks. He leaves, and the viewer gets a glimpse of Sang Ho’s jealous side, muttering that he wouldn’t leave Min Jae and Eun Sol’s upcoming marriage alone.

He picks up a phone call, and asks Soo Cheol (his faithful secretary?) if he had anything on what he had asked for, and hurriedly calls Eun Sol.

Eun Sol meets Sang Ho, who is looking through photos with a self-satisfied expression. She adopts her innocent, unsuspecting persona and asks Sang Ho what he’s looking at. He hands her pictures of….

No, they’re not pictures of something he secretly investigated, but pictures of a residence. She asks him if he’s moving, but he responds by saying that he wanted to do this for her—buy a house. He says that he felt bad after seeing her living in a small house, because she hadn’t ever lived in such a house. He asks her if he should go with her to see the house, but she declines, saying that she had an event to go to.

She arrives at the place with Min Jae, and gets carted off to get photographed. Min Jae watches her with pride, but memories of his father getting hysterical at Min Jae’s words—that he would never get marred if it isn’t with Eun Sol—wipe the smile off his face. Min Jae’s mother pleads Min Jae to go, and tries to calm the Chairman down. Min Jae determinedly puts the memory off to the side, and continues to watch her.

Eun Sol and her mother are worried about Eun Seok, but are happy to see that there is a little improvement. In her room, Eun Sol takes out the pictures and the deed of the residence that Sang Ho has bought for her. She calls Sang Ho, who compliments her on her appearance at the previous night’s appearance. She says that she wants to thank him for purchasing the residence by buying him dinner, and he happily agrees.

Yoo Ran bumps into Eun Sol in the restroom, and Eun Sol casually mentions that she has a date. She leaves before Yoo Ran can question her further, and Yoo Ran is suspicious that Eun Sol’s “date” is Sang Ho, before reassures herself that it must be Min Jae, as the two are engaged to be married.

Meanwhile, Sang Ho is getting ready for his dinner with Eun Sol, humming while he sprays on cologne. He starts at Yoo Ran’s entry into his office. She notices his cologne, and asks him who is he meeting. He lies to her, saying that it is a business partner, and gets angry when Yoo Ran asks him if it is Eun Sol he’s meeting. He urges her to go home, as she looks very tired, and leaves.

Eun Sol meets him at the meeting place, and Sang Ho, again, compliments her on how beautiful she’s becoming. She returns the deed to him, saying that she couldn’t accept such a thing from him, and he’s about to ask her why she can’t when Yoo Ran comes blazing in and snatches up the envelope, asking Eun Sol angrily if Sang Ho had actually bought a house for her. Eun Sol smirks, as Sang Ho is caught by a furious wife.

Things...are getting veeeeery interesting. ^-^

Episode 92 Summary<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The episode starts with Eun Sol still at her office; Yoo Ran, predictably, is not at her desk. Eun Sol writes down the time and place of her “date”—Sang Ho—on a Post-It and leaves it on her desk. She stopped by a bitter Soo Kyung, who calls her out on leaving early, but does nothing except for a glare. Yoo Ran comes clambering into the office (this scene probably took place after the restroom scene), and asks if anyone has seen Eun Sol. Soo Kyung responds by saying that she had left because of an appointment. Yoo Ran storms over to Eun Sol’s desk and snatches up the Post-It note conveniently placed on a relatively empty desk.

(I just noticed that Eun Sol writes her capital “H” the same way I do.)

Eun Sol arrives at the meeting place to catch Sang Ho taking pains to look relaxed, but doesn’t comment on it when she sits down. Sang Ho begins to wax poetic on Eun Sol’s beauty, and is startled when Eun Sol returns the pictures and the deed to the residence he bought for her, saying that it is too big of a gift for her to accept.

Of course, Yoo Ran has the impeccable timing to hear everything, and flies into a hysterical fit against Sang Ho, asking him how he could this to her, and Sang Ho drags her out screaming. Apparently he has to drag her until they’re in their bedroom, and Yoo Ran quickly dismisses Sang Ho’s attempts of getting out of his lie—that he has a business dinner. Unfortunately for her, Sang Ho’s mother hears her and barges into the bedroom. Sang Ho’s mother commands Yoo Ran to come out to talk to her, reassuring her son that she would properly discipline Yoo Ran. Yoo Ran leaves, but not before warning Sang Ho that she isn’t about to leave this alone. Sang Ho gripes about being humiliated in front of Eun Sol, and shudders about having to deal with Yoo Ran, before falling into bed.

Eun Sol’s mother is angry about the audacity of Sang Ho to buy them a home. Eun Sol says that she refused the gift, but mentions that she also felt very strange: for someone bent on revenge, Sang Ho’s actions right now are funny (disgusting?). Eun Sol promises her mother to make her live in a house better than the house they had lived in before with the money she’s earning right now.

The next morning Min Jae’s mother gives a boxed lunch to Dal Bong to give to Min Jae. Chairman Wang says that the person who left before breakfast to avoid his parents wouldn’t need such a thing, but Min Jae’s mother says that she’s worried that Min Jae would fall sick. Chairman Wang gets angry—if she’s worried about her son’s deteriorating health, what about his health, from not being able to sleep because of Min Jae’s refusal to marry Soo Kyung? He only receives a scolding instead; he should softly persuade Min Jae instead of attacking him about Eun Sol. Chairman Wang leaves in a huff, but Dal Bong reassures her that he’ll sneak the boxed lunch to Min Jae.

Dal Bong, true to his word (I’m liking this guy more and more), delivers the boxed lunch to Min Jae, who’s shocked and disappointed that his father would forcibly push forward the engagement with Soo Kyung on him, and says that his mother worries. Dal Bong also mentions that he’s almost certain that the men who attacked him are under Sang Ho’s secretary; Min Jae is surprised that Dal Bong is continuing his activities as Helmet Man. Dal Bong says that he wants to help Eun Sol and her family, but Min Jae wonderingly asks him if there is another reason for Dal Bong to go this far. He may have asked Dal Bong to help Eun Sol, but to go this far…

Dal Bong says that truthfully, Eun Sol’s deceased father, the former chairman, was his savior. When he was a junior high school student, Dal Bong was very, very poor. He couldn’t go to school because he couldn’t pay the fees, and Eun Sol’s father became his sponsor when things were very desperate. Dal Bong always wanted to repay the former chairman in some way, but he felt that he couldn’t do anything, but now that the former chairman’s family is facing difficulties, he couldn’t just sit and leave them alone. He says that even though he’s apologetic to Chairman Wang, he wants Eun Sol to be happy. If Eun Sol was happy, wouldn’t the former chairman rest easy?

Yoo Ran is fuming at her desk, looking at her laptop. When Eun Sol comes up to her desk, asking that if Yoo Ran wanted her dress so much, she could give it to her, Yoo Ran commands her to follow her, and leaves.

Yoo Ran gives Eun Sol the deed to the residence that Sang Ho bought, and tells Eun Sol that she could have it, because Sang Ho bought it for her out of pity. Eun Sol turns the tables on her, and says that it’s much better when Yoo Ran reacts the way she usually does—it makes her seem human. Eun Sol leaves, saying that she’s giving Yoo Ran the deed as a way of “encouraging” her. This enrages Yoo Ran, who stops before tearing up the deed.

We get a flashback of what happens the previous night, when Yoo Ran steps out to be scolded by her mother-in-law. She comes back in to see Sang Ho already in his pajamas, sleeping on the bed. Angry, she pinches his nose so he can’t breathe, and shouts at him when he wakes up. When Sang Ho tries to go back to sleep, she pulls his hair, demanding if he’s going to see Eun Sol again. When he pushes her off, exclaiming that it hurts, she goes through a crying fit, that if he’s hurting right now, what about the pain in her heart, that it feels like the heavens are collapsing on her when he so casually buys Eun Sol a house, that he’s doing these kinds of things to his ex-wife already.

Well, like people say, once a cheater, always a cheater? Isn’t this what he did to Eun Sol when he was having an affair with Yoo Ran?

Sang Ho tries to pacify her in order to sleep, and she demands that he writes a contract. We see that she puts the contact, signed with a fingerprint, into the draw in her desk.

Meanwhile, Eun Sol and Min Jae are with Eun Seok as he goes through another of his treatments. They left off the previous session when Eun Seok comes home with a bouquet of flowers to give to his pregnant wife, and as he recounts the events, Eun Seok goes into distress.

The therapy is interrupted with a scene where Mal Soon asks Min Jae’s mother an odd question. If someone committed a crime and was call out on it, what is it when that person confidently says to publish it, shout it out, etc.? Min Jae’s mother thinks that it’s because the person didn’t commit the crime…or is bluffing. Mal Soon brushes it off, and Min Jae’s mother tells her to make the yangyumjang (? I don’t know how to translate this into English…it’s a sauce made out of soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame seeds, sometimes sesame oil, scallions, pepper, red pepper flakes).

The doctor tells Eun Sol that the trauma must run deeper than expected; even though Eun Seok may not remember the exact events, he subconsciously knows that it is a very painful memory. The doctor regrets to say that the next day he must return to America, and he worries that Eun Sol may be disappointed with the lack of progress. Eun Sol reassures him it’s all right, because she can tell that Eun Seok is already improving. Because of the doctor, Eun Sol and her family have hope.

Sang Ho gets a call saying that the doctor has arrived. The doctor arrives to tell Sang Ho that he’ll decline his offer (I didn’t get the specifics), and says that he doesn’t want to anything unfit for a doctor. Sang Ho is surprised, but the doctor leaves before Sang Ho can persuade him to do otherwise.

The doctor meets Eun Sol, who’s surprised to see him at the company. He mentions that he was on his way from meeting Sang Ho. He says that not treating Eun Seok was a condition to the offer Sang Ho made to him, and was ashamed to admit that he did waver. Eun Sol wonders at the reason why Sang Ho would attach such a condition to the deal,

Back at home Eun Seok continues to shed tears to the distress of his mother. He says that he doesn’t know what he’s crying so much, but that he’s sad.

Yoo Ran gets a phone call about storage, and we see that she has rented a storage unit for one purpose only—hiding one box of money.

Eun Sol and her mother are furious that Sang Ho would go that far to interfere with Eun Seok’s treatments, and the topic turns to the housekeeper who quit shortly after Eun Seok’s accident. Eun Sol later has a conversation with Min Jae, saying that the housekeeper’s sudden resignation bothers her. She wants to find her and ask her some questions. Min Jae asks if she’s going alone; when Eun Sol says that of course she would be going alone, he invites himself along, since the next day was Saturday.

Eun Sol tells Min Jae of her strange conversation with the doctor when he comes to pick her up the next day, and the two quickly deduce that Eun Seok must hold some kind of information for Sang Ho to interfere with Eun Seok’s treatments. Eun Sol frets, saying that if Eun Seok would recover his memory faster, then everything would come to light. Min Jae is quick to hold her heads and tell her that Eun Seok would soon return to normal.

Yoo Ran has taken the money from storage to hide it under the new electric mat she bought, and laughs to herself at her own brilliance, saying that it was thanks to Eun Sol—no, since it’s Eun Seok’s money, him.

Eun Seok is having another nightmare, He remembers the day at the amusement, and calls out for Yoo Ran—first, Yoo Ran Wife, and then, Yoo Ran-ssi.

(Yoo Ran Wife is the name he called her after his accident, and Yoo Ran-ssi is what he called her before.)

(There are spoilers in my comments!)

Yoo Ran rolling around the bed on top of her hidden money really reveals a lot about Yoo Ran. Episodes back she asks Yoo Mi if she had changed from the Yoo Ran a long time ago. Yoo Ran subconsciously knows that she has changed, and is maybe uncomfortable at the person she has become?

Since originally she was rejected by Sang Ho’s mother as potential daughter-in-law material, Yoo Ran sees money and status as a way of validating her existence. This is why she’s so eager about becoming more famous that Eun Sol, why she fawns over her specially made business cards when she gets her job, why she lies about her credentials—that she studied makeup in London. To her, money and success equals power equals respect equals keeping Sang Ho. Because she isn’t confident about her ability to keep Sang Ho—and frankly, she can’t have much confidence, as the paternity of Cho Rong is still a secret—she’s grasping at anything to keep her husband, even to the point of thinking that if she gets pregnant with Cho Rong’s younger sibling, then everything would be forgiven.

In a way I pity Yoo Ran.  While most of the time I’m irritated by her petty attempts at sabotage, her affected manner to get her way, her use of tears to get what she wants, I see an insecure woman who is always afraid that everything would be taken from her. She’s always reaching for things she could never have, and uses underhanded ways to get them—take, for instance, her insistence in having Sang Ho signing a contract that promises never to meet Eun Sol again. She also tries to shift blame on others, because in her eyes, she’s only a victim, never a perpetrator, that her actions are justified in that she’s only protecting herself.

are there any hints on who MJ's long lost sister might be yet? i do hope it's someone yet to appear and not YR. i'm surprised Eun Seol & her mom could not guess Eun Seok's trauma is from seeing his wife in some compromising situations with SH. after all they already know both of them were having illicit affair while being married to their respective spouses.

Episode 93 Summary<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The episode opens with Eun Seok having nightmares of his memory. His mother is worrying over him, wiping his sweat away with a towel and fretting why is Eun Seok is looking for his ex-wife. Eun Sol’s mother gets alarmed when he calls out for Yoo Ran before the accident, but is only disappoint as he reverts back.

Yoo Ran is looking over her wedding pictures with Cho Rong, who says that her mother looks prettier in the wedding pictures with Eun Seok. Yoo Ran, of course, gets angry. Their conversation is interrupted by a phone call—Yoo Ran’s former mother-in-law. Ordering Cho Rong to go to her room, Yoo Ran answers the phone call.

Eun Sol’s mother called to ask Yoo Ran to visit them for a while, as Eun Seok is sick and is calling out for her. Yoo Ran flatly refuses to do so, and tells Eun Sol’s mother not to call again, but Eun Sol’s mother drops the proverbial bombshell: Eun Seok may be getting his memory back.

(OK, before I say the hysterical What in the world are you doing, divulging such a secret to the enemy?, we have to keep in mind that Eun Sol’s mother is unaware of Yoo Ran and Sang Ho’s role in Eun Seok’s accident.)

Yoo Ran is shaken by this fact, and paces after the phone call ends. She doesn’t want to go, in case Eun Seok’s memory returns the moment he sees her, but she has to find out his condition, and goes.

Meanwhile, Eun Sol and Min Jae arrive at their destination, and asks a lady if she knows the residence of the former housekeeper (the housekeeper who left even though she knew about Eun Seok’s accident), but the lady points out another small market for information, as she doesn’t know.

Yoo Ran arrives at Eun Seok’s house, and has a very uncomfortable conversation with her former mother-in-law. Yoo Ran enters Eun Seok’s bedroom just as Eun Seok is waking up. He tells her of his memories—of the day he and Yoo Ran Wife went to the amusement park with Eun Sol and Brother-in-Law (Sang Ho), and she asked him to buy a slushie for her. Upon her shock at his memories, he says that he’s been receiving treatments. Shaken, Yoo Ran rushes out of the home before Eun Seok recovers any more of his memories.

Eun Seok picks up Yoo Ran’s cell phone, and runs out to give it back to her. He’s briefly stopped by his mother, but runs out. While he’s running after Yoo Ran, he’s hit by a motorcycle and is knocked unconscious. Eun Sol’s mother screams for help, but Yoo Ran is frozen in place, and doesn’t move to help him.

Sang Ho returns home seeing his mother and Cho Ron playing happily together. Cho Rong tells Sang Ho that Yoo Ran got a call from grandmother.

Eun Seok is admitted to the hospital, and while his mother is weeping at his bedside, Yoo Ran is cringing in her place near the door. (Feeling pangs of guilt, I wonder?) Eun Sol’s mother asks the doctor why isn’t Eun Seok waking up, and the doctor says that the results of the examinations reveal that Eun Seok wasn’t seriously hurt, so wait a little more. Eun Sol’s mother says that Eun Seok is damaged from a previous accident, and if that would be a factor to him not waking up, but the doctor says that it doesn’t have an impact, so Eun Seok would wake up in a little while.

Yoo Ran sneaks out the door and catches up with the doctor, asking him if Eun Seok wakes up, would all of his memories return. (Oh, I sense some evil plotting on her part…) The doctor responds that they know nothing until Eun Seok wakes up. Yoo Ran asks the doctor if Eun Seok will wake up quickly, and the doctor agrees. Yoo Ran is left panicking.

Eun Sol and Min Jae meet another person in the neighborhood, and are dismayed to learn that the former housekeeper suddenly closed her store and disappeared. However, they do learn that she disappeared around the time her son got out of jail. The person who tells them these things invites them to sit in the shade for a bit, and Min Jae hurriedly agrees before Eun Sol can refuse. The man says that the two of them look like a couple who recently got married (i.e., a young couple on their honeymoon), and Min Jae laughingly says that they are going to be a married couple (the Korean is yaebi bubu, a couple who is about to get married). The man says that he would get them something refreshing to drink, and leaves them. Eun Sol doesn’t get angry at Min Jae’s “joke,” but remarks that a long time ago she heard that the housekeeper’s son wasn’t very filial (the term that Eun Sol uses literally means to “mix one’s insides up,” but the connotations means that the son was a bad son who only gave his mother headaches), but to go to jail…

Min Jae says that if they keep talking to the neighborhood man, they would slowly get the information they need. Eun Sol says that everything—the housekeeper suddenly showing up, Sang Ho interfering with Eun Seok’s treatments—is connected. Their conversation is interrupted by a phone call from Eun Sol’s mother, who tells a frantic Eun Sol that Eun Seok is hurt and in the hospital.

Sang Ho is changing his clothes when Yoo Ran charges into the room. She frantically recounts the events of the accident to Sang Ho, who’s horrified that Eun Seok’s memory is returning. She also tells Sang Ho that Eun Seok had been receiving treatment, and Sang Ho immediately connects it with the doctor. Yoo Ran clings to Sang Ho, saying that she’s so afraid. The doctor she took Eun Seok to said that something equally traumatic could return his memories, and Sang Ho tells her not to say anything like that.

Eun Sol and Min Jae rush to the hospital, where her mother falls apart, asking Eun Sol why are these kinds of things happening to Eun Seok. She calms down when Min Jae asks about Eun Seok’s condition, and tells them that other than his leg, nothing else was hurt. Eun Sol’s mother breaks down again, asking Eun Sol if something went wrong with Eun Seok; he’s been the hospital for a long time, why hasn’t he woken up? Eun Sol tries to console her mother, saying that if the doctor said that Eun Seok was all right, he must be.

Cho Rong is having a nightmare, and is calling out for her father (Eun Seok). She dreams of the memory when she was forcibly taken from Eun Seok, and promptly wakes up. Realizing that she’s in her own bedroom, she sits up and fingers her locket, crying that she wants to see her father.

Min Jae comes downstairs the next morning, and his mother and Chairman Wang are sitting in their living room. Chairman Wang tells Min Jae to sit down, and his wife tells him to tell what he has to say gently. Chairman Wang tells her to be quiet, and says to Min Jae that the date for his engagement to Soo Kyung has been decided with Soo Kyung’s father. Should Min Jae refuse, Chairman Wang would go to Eun Sol and destroy her. His mother tells Min Jae tells that his father only wants him to be happy, and nothing bad to come to him. Min Jae is shocked to hear that Soo Kyung is going ahead with the engagement against his wishes, and tells an angry Chairman Wang that he is the one who is getting married and deciding who he would live with, and that he would never be happy with anyone besides Eun Sol. Soo Kyung gaily enters with a cake, and notices the tense atmosphere. Min Jae stands to go up to his room, but not before hurriedly wiping a tear off his cheek.

Soo Kyung comes into Min Jae’s bedroom to give him a cup of tea, but Min Jae tells her to leave, as he’s not in a good mood. Soo Kyung pouts, asking him if he’s going to throw her out when she just arrived. She then happily tells him that she heard about the engagement from Father-in-Law. This gives Min Jae pause, and Soo Kyung tells him that it’s time to start calling her in-laws properly. Min Jae remarks that it’s funny how everyone is going around with the engagement when the supposed fiancé declines to participate. Soo Kyung tells him to just give in, and Min Jae lays it all bare: Soo Kyung is just like a good sister, and he wants to be a good older brother. He’s never going to get married to her, so don’t do any useless things.

He leaves, but Soo Kyung quickly hugs him from behind. She tells him to have a change of heart, that she’s never going to lose this opportunity. Even though he thinks of her being very clingy, there’s nothing he can do. It’s because she loves him, and she can’t live without him. She’ll do anything to change his mind, so, for once, support her.

So, for a while I was wondering about Soo Kyung—is she really that oblivious to Min Jae’s pain? I would kind of understand if Soo Kyung was once his fiancé or something, but she never really “owned” him. Throughout the drama he constantly rebuffed her romantic efforts, and showed no indication of any deeper feelings other than brotherly affection. However, she seems to have misread the signals and is desperately grasping at any straws, and she isn’t above using financial influence to get what she wants. She excuses her behavior by claiming that she “loves him” and “can’t live without him,” but having only one-sided feelings won’t make anything work—if anything, it’s going to get worse, because soon Soo Kyung isn’t going to be satisfied having only the shell. She’d want Min Jae’s heart, which, even if he did get married to Soo Kyung, would only belong to Eun Sol.

Despite her pleas, Min Jae forcibly pushes her arms away, and leaves her crying. As he walks downstairs to the front door, he recalls his father’s threats—any hurt he gives to Soo Kyung would automatically bounce back to Eun Sol. With his heart heavy, he leaves.

Eun Sol is wiping Eun Seok’s arms. Min Jae opens the door and watches her, his father’s threat coming into mind. Eun Sol notices him and asks if something’s wrong. He laughs it off and comes into the room. He asks about Eun Seok’s condition; Eun Sol says that she doesn’t know if Eun Seok is sleeping or having nightmares, as he still hasn’t woken up. Min Jae holds up a take-out bag, saying that he brought breakfast, so wash up while he prepares it.

For Yoo Ran and Sang Ho, breakfast isn’t sitting well on their stomachs, with the possibility of Eun Seok’s memory returning weighing heavily on them. Yoo Mi and Mal Soon have a loud conversation about Yoo Mi’s “Cutie Bong,” but are roundly scolded by Yoo Ran for being too loud. In their bedroom, Yoo Ran and Sang Ho agree to scout the situation and to communicate.

Eun Seok, in the hospital, begins to have nightmares, and his eyes open.

Eun Sol’s mother receives a call from Eun Sol, and the two discuss Eun Seok’s unchanged condition. Yoo Ran comes in and, predictably, tries to find out Eun Seok’s exact condition from Eun Sol, and attempts to provoke her by asking if Min Jae knew about her true personality. Min Jae comes in and says to Yoo Ran that she doesn’t have to be worried about it. He gives a cup of coffee to Eun Sol, and says that he didn’t know that Yoo Ran would be at the office, so there isn’t one.

Sang Ho’s mother sneaks into Yoo Ran and Sang Ho’s bedroom, and discovers Yoo Ran’s secret stash of money. She promptly takes it, and meets Yoo Mi in the living room. She leaves, but Yoo Mi has a strange feeling of déjà vu.

Eun Sol stands outside Sang Ho’s office, remembering the doctor’s words, and gets angry that Sang Ho would interfere. She goes into Sang Ho’s office to ask him if he remembered anything the day of Eun Seok’s accident, or about the former housekeeper.

The...return of Eun Seok is imminent?

Episode 94 Summary<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Eun Sol meets Sang Ho in his office. Continuing from the end of the yesterday’s episode, Sang Ho asks Eun Sol about Eun Seok, and says that he heard from Yoo Ran. Eun Sol asks Sang Ho if he remembers anything about the accident, and continues to say that she went to the former housekeeper’s hometown to find out anything. Rattled, Sang Ho wonders aloud that he didn’t know that she, the company’s model, was that free to do something like that. Eun Sol says that she would go anywhere and do anything to return Eun Seok to the brother he was, so if he remembered anything, to be sure to tell her. Sang Ho agrees, but everyone knows that Eun Sol would be the last person he’d tell anything to, especially anything that would confirm his role in Eun Seok’s accident.

Eun Seok is returned to his bed after being examined, but it doesn’t look like his mother is aware that he’s awake. Eun Sol and Min Jae come in, and are told by her mother that Eun Seok just returned from an MRI. Min Jae tells Eun Sol that he’ll stay by Eun Seok’s side, so she should take her mother and get something to eat, since it’s almost certain that she didn’t get anything to eat. Eun Sol’s mother refuses, saying that she can’t eat anything, but Eun Sol encourages her to eat; it wouldn’t do if her mother fainted.

Yoo Ran and Sang Ho arrive at the hospital, and Yoo Ran voices her fears of Eun Seok’s memory returning, and urges Sang Ho to go in alone.

Min Jae receives a phone from Soo Kyung’s father? (I think?) and goes out of the room. He misses Sang Ho lurking around the nurse’s counter and sneaks into Eun Seok’s hospital room while Min Jae is busy. Eun Seok gives no sign of waking, and Sang Ho has flashbacks of Eun Seok’s accident—Eun Seok saying that he would never forgive them, Sang Ho fighting Eun Seok off and Eun Seok hurting his head, Sang Ho trying to strangle Eun Seok while in the hospital. When it looks like that Eun Seok isn’t waking up, Sang Ho turns to leave, but turns back when he hears Eun Seok dreaming fitfully.

Sang Ho moves closer to the bed, his hands curling as if wanting to strangle Eun Seok, but his hand moves toward the IV. Sang Ho glances over, and Eun Seok is staring straight at him.

….not. Eun Seok being awake is only Sang Ho’s imagination, and he stumbles back. He hears the clicking of shoes approaching, and quickly hides behind the door. The door opens, and Yoo Ran comes in. Sang Ho asks her why she came, and she says that she came because she was wondering about him. Yoo Ran asks him if Eun Seok is sleeping, and Sang Ho says that it seemed to be so. Yoo Ran approaches the bed, and leans down to check his breathing. Sang Ho tries to stop her, and says that they should leave before Eun Sol or someone else finds them. They quietly leave the room…

…but do not notice Eun Seok opening his eyes to look at the door.

Oh….at this point I’m hyperventilating. The avenger has come?

Yoo Ran and Sang Ho are walking down the hall when Sang Ho gets a call. He tells her to go ahead while he takes it. Yoo Ran agrees, and Sang Ho leaves.

Eun Sol comes into the hall and notices Yoo Ran, and the two have a confrontation. Eun Sol mocks Yoo Ran’s so-called innocent excuse to visit Eun Seok—because she was worried about him—and says that Yoo Ran must have a faulty memory, to already have forgotten the sins she committed against Eun Seok. Of course Yoo Ran denies any wrongdoing, and Eun Sol stops her from leaving to lay down all her sins—she seduced her brother-in-law and is currently living with him, she deceived everyone for five years, saying that Cho Rong was Eun Seok’s child when in truth was truly Sang Ho’s child, she stole Eun Seok’s inheritance and was an accomplice to stealing their family’s company. Yoo Ran gets angry, asking why is Eun Sol only bringing up things that are already in the past, and leave in a huff when the elevator sounds.

Neither women notice Eun Seok, who is standing in the doorway of his room in shock, hearing everything his beloved (ex-)wife did. He stumbles back into his room, devastated, his mind playing flashbacks of his memories with Yoo Ran…and of Cho Rong, his beloved daughter. He beats his chest as tears continue to fall.

Oh. My. God. I can honestly say that I am emotionally invested in these characters (which I am wont to do, as I’ve been with this drama since the very beginning). Eun Seok’s pain is very real, and very jarring to someone who has woken up as if he was in a dream for a long time. Everything he heard is like one proverbial train wreck, one after another.

It will be very interesting, at this point, to see what Eun Seok does. He’s now somewhat aware of what his cherished older sister had gone through. I don’t think he’s going to be passive at all now, if he’s returned to the “old” Eun Seok.

Sang Ho and Yoo Ran return home, and Yoo Ran throws down her purse, angry that they went to the hospital for nothing, and she had to be (justifiably) humiliated in front of Eun Sol. Sang Ho excuses Eun Sol’s behavior, saying that it’s because of Eun Seok that she’s behaving that way. Sang Ho tells Yoo Ran to avoid Eun Sol if she doesn’t want another confrontation, and not to worry since he has someone to watch Eun Seok.

It’s back to Eun Seok in the hospital, and his mother has fallen asleep at his bedside. Eun Seok has his eyes open, and remembers Eun Sol’s words: it’s not because Yoo Ran was worried about Eun Seok that she came to visit him, but because she’s afraid of him waking up. He’s quick to realize that he shouldn’t reveal his return of memory to Yoo Ran and Sang Ho, and he swears to exact revenge on them for what they did, so wait for him.

I’m hearing Handel’s Messiah chorus in my head. Finally! The golden words! It’s clear that Eun Seok has returned, and not a moment too sooner.

He turns his head to look at his mother’s sleeping head, and his internal monologue continues. He apologizes to her in anguish, apologizes to her for making her worry. He quickly closes his eyes to pretend sleeping as his mother wakes.

Eun Sol comes in, and her mother asks her about Min Jae. Eun Sol replies that he just left, and that he would come the next morning to visit, as it was too late for him to say good-bye. They discuss Min Jae. Eun Sol’s mother praises Min Jae as a respectable and responsible man, and mentions that they should get married soon. She turns to Eun Seok, and begs him to wake up and stop making her worried. Eun Sol echoes her sentiment, saying that it’s time for Eun Seok to wake up; however Eun Seok still slumbers on.

The next morning, Eun Sol and her mother are overjoyed to see that Eun Seok has woken up, but are a little disappointed to see that Eun Seok is still the same: he says that he’s hungry, and he wants to go home. (Oh, a little undercover, I see.) It’s clear that it’s difficult for Eun Seok to act like the way he was before this recent accident, but Eun Sol and her mother are too happy to notice the difference.

Min Jae and Eun Sol talk on the phone. Min Jae says that she should’ve called him, as Eun Seok already came home from the hospital, but Eun Sol mentions that the examinations at the hospital all came out good, and Eun Seok wanted to come home. When she hangs up, she tells a sleeping Eun Seok that his waking up from his coma-like state made her very happy, and there would be a way to recover his memories, so don’t feel rushed. Her mother sticks her head in to tell Eun Sol that she should eat and go to work. Eun Sol leaves the room, and it is only when he is alone that Eun Seok lets his tears fall.

I have my tissue box ready for this episode. Eun Seok has made me cry thrice already. It must be so difficult for him to pretend that nothing’s changed, when in reality he’s all but physically restraining himself from revealing his return to his family. The drama has shown the closeness of Eun Sol’s family. Even Eun Sol’s father was very family-oriented and took great pride in his children, as his wife. To see his sister and his mother in pain because Yoo Ran and Sang Ho is more than enough to make him reveal himself, but he holds himself back, because he’s going to repay them hundredfold.

It’s breakfast at the Park household, and Sang Ho’s mother is shocked to hear that Eun Seok is in the hospital. Sang Ho says that it wasn’t seriously, since Eun Seok already went home. She goes on to say that she took Cho Rong to Eun Seok’s house, as Cho Rong wasn’t eating anything but crying for her father. This puts Yoo Ran on edge, and she angrily asks why would her mother-in-law do such a thing, when Cho Rong has nothing to do with Eun Seok? Sang Ho defends his mother, saying that the bonds of a father and daughter can’t easily be broken.

Yoo Ran ignores him and yells at Cho Rong. Cho Rong slams down her spoon and announces that she’s done eating, and leaves the table. Yoo Ran pulls out the issue with Sang Ho buying Eun Sol a house, and looks to her mother-in-law for support. However, Young Ja (Sang Ho’s mother; I need to use these names soon) supports her son by saying that if she felt that bad when she visited Eun Sol’s house, then Sang Ho must be feeling much worse, since he’s lived with Eun Sol as husband and wife for six years.

Yoo Ran gets upset at the lack of support on her part, and snaps back at Young Ja. Sang Ho interrupts, telling her that she’s being rude to her elder. Yoo Ran plays the victim, asking everyone why are everyone like that to her, when she’s the victim. She storms out of the room, leaving Young Ja upset with her daughter-in-law’s behavior. She declares that if Yoo Ran continued to act this way, it would be much better if Eun Sol did move back in with them, borrowing Yoo Ran’s words.

Soon Ok (Eun Sol’s mother) asks Eun Seok if he could be all right with staying alone while she goes out and works, and Eun Seok says that he can, parroting instructions—where the rice and the banchan, and not to open the door to strangers. Soon Ok says that even if Eun Seok stays like this, she would be perfectly happy. Eun Seok looks pained as she leaves, and leaves on his own, disguised by a dark blue baseball cap.

He goes to visit Cho Rong, and watches her play, calling out her name when she falls. When she looks toward him, he turns to hide his face, but Cho Rong is sure that he called her name. While looking back at her, he remembers Yoo Ran’s harsh words to him, telling him of Cho Rong’s true parentage. Young Ja arrives, at Cho Rong tells her that she heard Dad Eun Seok call out her name, but Young Ja brushes it off as her granddaughter’s imagination. Cho Rong pleads with Young Ja to visit Eun Seok. Young Ja asks her if Sang Ho is her biological father, why does Cho Rong continue to want to see Eun Seok? Watching the two, Eun Seok mentally apologizes to his daughter.

Yoo Ran is openly eavesdropping on Eun Sol’s phone conversation. It appears to be that Producer Park wants Eun Sol to act in a movie; however, Eun Sol declines, citing her responsibilities as an employee to her company. He asks her about a music video, then, and Eun Sol agrees, saying that she will try to get a day off to do so. Yoo Ran asks Eun Sol as the latter hangs up about the music video, and Eun Sol says that it must be Yoo Ran’s hobby to eavesdrop on other people’s conversation: perhaps she should have put the phone call on speaker phone. Eun Sol says that Producer Park wanted her in a music video, and that she said that she would think about it, so is Team Leader Kang’s curiosity’s satisfied? Eun Sol leaves, and while she passes Yoo Ran’s desk Yoo Ran asks Eun Sol’s back if she really thought that Yoo Ran would leave her to become even more successful.

In his office, Eun Sol offers a file to Min Jae, and he curiously asks her about the music video she was offered. They playfully have a lovers’ spat when Eun Sol casually mentions that she’s a fan of the music artist, and that she was already so nervous. Min Jae takes offense, saying that he could sulk. He says that the company could forbid her from doing the music video, and Eun Sol says to go ahead. Their little moment is interrupted by Chairman Wang and Soo Kyung. Min Jae stops Chairman Wang from saying anything by telling Eun Sol to return to her work.

Yoo Ran cattily plays up her sympathy to a dejected Eun Sol, saying that it’s a pity when she must have been so excited of being Min Jae’s wife; she should’ve accepted the house from Sang Ho. Then a call comes from Sang Ho, and Yoo Ran flaunts it in Eun Sol’s face before leaving, wishing her luck at her work.

Inside, Chairman Wang asks Min Jae how long is he going to behave like this. If Min Jae continues to be like this, Chairman Wang threatens, then he’ll have no choice but to personally meet Eun Sol. Min Jae is dismayed that his father would go to such extent, and Soo Kyung pleads with Min Jae, for Eun Sol’s sake, just go through with the engagement.

Meanwhile, Eun Seok arrives at the company, and watches behind a plant Yoo Ran fussing over Sang Ho’s appearance—he was meeting an important investor today, so it’s absolutely essential to look his best. They get in the car and leave, while Eun Seok seethes in anger.

Sang Ho and Yoo Ran meet the investor and his wife at a restaurant, where Sang Ho is flattered by the investor’s compliments. They talk business, and are unaware that Eun Seok is nearby, eavesdropping on their conversation.

Sang Ho and Yoo Ran return home, and Yoo Ran is excited by the idea of building a beauty center. Sang Ho is confident that he will get the investor’s money, and Yoo Ran receives a phone call from a publisher that’s interested in publishing a beauty book written by her. Sang Ho says that if she does publish the book, it’d be a great help to the company, so do her best and not to make a mistake. When she’s alone, she warns Eun Sol to watch out, since she’ll become much more famous and will humiliate her.

Eun Sol is busy at work when she receives a phone call from an unknown number, and is shocked to hear the Chairman’s voice.

Does anyone find it a tad annoying when Yoo Ran is alone making dire predictions to Eun Sol’s proverbial demise?

Chairman Wang tells Eun Sol that she must be very aware of the reason why he called to meet her, so he would say only what was required. He said that Eun Sol could never be a person fit to be Min Jae’s wife, and that she would get over her feelings. Min Jae would lose everything if he marries Eun Sol, so that’s why he cannot marry as he chooses. The engagement for him and Soo Kyung has already been decided for next month, so Eun Sol should let him go.

Before he leaves, Eun Sol stops him, asking for an opportunity to prove herself. She knows that Min Jae is a person out of her reach, so she tried her hardest to prove Min Jae’s feelings wrong. Despite her efforts, she fell deeply in love with Min Jae. She has the confidence to live a good life with Min Jae, so please, just once, to change his mind.

Chairman Wang says that Eun Sol should know very well how difficult marriage could be, having experienced it already once. However, to avoid a second failure in marriage, for Min Jae’s sake, she should open his path. Chairman Wang says that he knows that his words are harsh, but he has faith that Eun Sol would have a change of heart. He hopes that they won’t ever have a meeting like this again, and leaves, leaving Eun Sol in tears.

Min Jae in his office pauses in his work to look at his cell phone. He goes out of his office and finds Eun Sol’s desk empty, so he sends her a text message, asking where she is; if he doesn’t see her soon, he would get worried, so to give him a call. He doesn’t get a reply, as Eun Sol is outside, crying as she’s walking.

Eun Sol is very resilient, to have experienced as much as she did and not crack completely. I sense a dark, rocky road for our couple (oh no!), and I’m not looking forward to it at all, having seen noble idiocy in countless dramas, and none of them was for the better except for more heartache and unnecessary delay in the inevitable, but it does further plot (and the number of episodes). I’m tempted to skip episodes until near the end, when everything goes down for a final battle.

Min Jae is somewhat still naïve at what Chairman Wang—and, by extension, Soo Kyung—would do to ensure that they get what they want. Soo Kyung is similar in Yoo Ran in that she willing to do things underhandedly in order to get what she wants, but she masks it by playing the tragic, pitiful victim who should marry Min Jae because of her hurt feelings—the classic guilt-tripping tactic of the unrequited.

I’m sensing the noble idiocy in Eun Sol. It’s all but screaming on her face, and I’m not liking it. Min Jae, please pay more attention to your surroundings! If you know that your father doesn’t make threats idly, think about what he could do to Eun Sol behind your back!

Hello, everyone~ I'm back with the recaps for Episode 95! I'm sorry for taking so long. ^-^;;

Episode 95 Summary<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Eun Sol, inconsolable, returns to the office, and starts to cry again when she sits down. Her cell phone rings, and it’s from Min Jae, but Eun Sol doesn’t answer the phone call, only tracing the lines of his face on her cell phone. (Remember, they took a picture together to commemorate her new cell phone purchase.)

Min Jae is at home continually when he calls Eun Sol. He soon hangs up, but there is a worried expression on his face.

Eun Sol also returns home when Min Jae calls again. This time, she answers with a bright tone to hide her tears. He asks her if he could see her now—he could go to her house—but Eun Sol gently refuses, saying that she was tired, so let’s see one another at work the next day. Concerned, Min Jae asks if she’s getting sick, and that he loves her. Shaken, she quickly hangs up to cry.

The next day, Pil Nyeo (Min Jae’s mother) is at her usual fretting, as Min Jae had left for work, again, without eating any breakfast, in Chairman Wang’s presence. Chairman Wang says that since he met Eun Sol and told her forcibly what he thought, she shouldn’t worry and start to teach Soo Kyung how to cook.

Mal Soon overhears their conversation, and sneaks back into the kitchen to worry, for if things don’t go well for Eun Sol, then Sang Ho would have the chance to start things with Eun Sol again.

Eun Sol is hard at work when she remembers Chairman Wang’s words—if she doesn’t want to experience the pain of another failure at marriage, to stop now. She quickly wipes her tears away when a text comes for her. It’s from Min Jae, who’s concerned about her lack of energy: is it because of Eun Seok?

She looks up, at Min Jae is at the window, and he forms a heart with his hands. She smiles, but has a sad look when she turns away. Her fingers are texting a reply, and Min Jae sees the text: does he want to go on a date during the weekend?

He texts back, wondering what’s going on, and that he could die happy.

Nononononooooo….is this the formulaic go-on-a-date-and-the-girl/guy-says-let’s-break-up?!

Soo Kyung gets a call from Min Jae’s mother—no, mother-in-law—who calls about the dress for the engagement party. On the other end, Chairman Wang is excited and wants to go along, but Pil Nyeo tells him to leave everything to her. Soo Kyung, seemingly oblivious to Eun Sol’s presence, happily says that she’ll kidnap Min Jae and take him along.

Eun Seok, at home, is on the internet, looking at articles concerning Dream Cosmetics (the English translation to the Korean name of the company). He reads everything, including Eun Sol’s rise and fall as the chairman. He goes into his room and picks up the frame with his father’s photograph, and tears fall as he grieves over his father’s supposed suicide, saying that it’s all his fault. He screams out loud in English.

Yoo Ran is having a coffee break with Eun Kyung, the employee whose desk is next to Eun Sol’s. Yoo Ran is shocked that the music video is being made by an extremely popular artist, and gets angry at Eun Kyung for being so excited for Eun Kyung. Eun Kyung mentions that many people who participated in a music video made by that person had become stars, and Yoo Ran gets visibly more upset at this.

Eun Sol is being photographed at another event—a J. Kim collection—when Sang Ho comes up next to her and sinks down to one knee, offering up a bouquet for her. She happily accepts it, and Sang Ho kisses her hand.

…which is Yoo Ran’s delusion, and she wakes up in the office with a start, exclaiming, “No!” Yoo Ran mentally vows to interfere with Eun Sol’s involvement with a music video, and goes over to steal Eun Sol’s phone while Eun Sol is out of the office. Yoo Ran hurries to call the producer’s office and says words to cancel Eun Sol’s music video project, and smugly smirks at Eun Sol when she passes her.

Eun Sol gets a call, and is dismayed to learn that someone called from her phone to the office. She, remembering Yoo Ran’s expression, says that someone must have taken her phone and called from it, and, promising to call again, hangs up. She decides that if Yoo Ran continued to behave like this, she had no choice but to behave accordingly.

Yoo Ran comes home and goes into the elevator, but is also joined by a helmeted man. While she stumbles back in fear, she doesn’t make the connection, but thinks angrily that it was rude of the person to wear a helmet, even though it was really hot. In her room, Yoo Ran spreads out all the nice outfits she has and picks out a blue dress, holding it up against her and smiling to herself in the mirror. Meanwhile, the housekeeper opens to the door to the helmeted man and lets him in.

Yoo Ran comes out, wearing the blue dress, and stops when she sees the helmeted man. She asks the housekeeper who is the man, and the housekeeper says that he’s from the delivery service, and that he has something for her he has to give personally. The housekeeper says that she has to go to the market, and leaves the two of them alone.

Yoo Ran sullenly asks the helmeted man to quickly give the package and leave, and the helmeted man gives her the package…and asks her if she didn’t know him.

The helmeted man takes off his helmet, and it is Eun Seok staring back at her.

If I didn’t think that Gaksital could give me heart attacks, this drama could. Please, Eun Seok, don’t mess things up for Eun Sol!

The package slips out of Yoo Ran’s hands and drops to the floor. Eun Seok calmly tells her that it’s been a while, and Yoo Ran asks him if he’s been Helmet Man all this time, harassing them. Eun Seok doesn’t answer the question, only saying that Yoo Ran is living very well right now. As he walks toward her, Yoo Ran steps back, until her back is to the wall, and she’s trapped.

Yoo Ran desperately tells Eun Seok that what they did wasn’t deliberate, it was an accident, just an accident. Eun Seok scoffs, saying that it wasn’t an accident, but murder. What she and Sang Ho did that day was the same as murder. Yoo Ran disagrees, it wasn’t anything like that. Eun Seok says that he’s forgiven her for the fraudulent marriage and entering their home, because he loved her, and was willing to overlook everything. Yoo Ran says that she’s thankful for that. Eun Seok continues to say that if she begged forgiveness for being pregnant with Sang Ho’s child, he could have forgiven her, too, because he loved her that much. But how could she, he asks her, how could she join hands with Sang Ho and deceive him of Cho Rong’s parentage, and ruin his family? When Yoo Ran doesn’t answer, crying, he tells her to listen well. For all the things she did to his family, he’ll do the same. What he went through, she should experience and suffer.

Yoo Ran sinks to her knees as Eun Seok storms out.

This isn’t quick the day of reckoning I expected. I wanted it to all go down in an explosion of fireworks—Yoo Ran and Sang Ho being humiliated in front of people instead of the privacy of their home. However, the shock is the same to Yoo Ran. One of things she dreads the most has occurred—her ex-husband, the pure-hearted ex-husband who had been so good to her because he loved her—had recovered all his memories, and contrary to his own innocence, vows to make her pay.

Yoo Ran is hysterical when she clambers into Sang Ho’s office, blubbering about Helmet Man. Sang Ho is confused, as it’s time for her to be on air. Yoo Ran tells him that Helmet Man was just at her house, and he’s Eun Seok, and he promised to exact revenge on them! Sang Ho is in disbelief, as Yoo Ran told him herself that the time when they set the trap for Helmet Man, she saw for herself that Eun Seok hadn’t left his house. Sang Ho checks her temperature to check if she was sick—and that being the reason of her hallucination—and tells her that she should go to the hospital, and sits down.

Yoo Ran also sits down, insisting that Eun Seok has woken up, and that he has recovered all of his memories. Sang Ho tells her that if Eun Seok really woke up, he would’ve gone to the police, not go to her. Yoo Ran surmises that Eun Seok personally wanted to take revenge. Sang Ho reasons that if Eun Seok really woke up, wouldn’t Eun Sol and her mother know? Yoo Ran replies that Eun Seok could be tricking even his own family, but Sang Ho brushes it off, saying that it didn’t make any sense to do that.

Sang Ho tries to console her, saying that they would talk at home, and tells her to go to the broadcasting studio. Yoo Ran says that she’s really afraid, but Sang Ho retorts that he’s more afraid that she’s going to mess up the broadcast and embarrass him, and insists that she goes.

Young Jo goes with the lady she schemes to buy land from down to the countryside to view the land. Afterwards, it’s clear that Young Jo has bought the land, and thanks the lady for selling her the land at such a cheap price.

Yoo Ran is on stage when she remembers Eun Seok’s words, and she tries to focus. Her co-host asks her if anything’s wrong, and Yoo Ran says that she’s fine. They start the show as Eun Sol enters from the side to watch.

Back in his office, Sang Ho worries about Yoo Ran. He wonders if Yoo Ran’s words were true, and calls his man to have him investigate Eun Seok’s activities.

In the broadcasting studio, it’s time for the hosts to answer questions from the audience about makeup. Yoo Ran is shocked to see Eun Sol in the audience, but manages to pull together to successfully answer the first question.

Eun Sol raises her hand to ask a question about homemade cosmetics, and asks a difficult question. Yoo Ran is visibly rattled, and stammers her response. Eun Sol gently interrupts, and the audience titters at her humorous words. The show goes for a commercial break.

It’s the hair salon, and Yoo Mi is happily arranging Dal Bong’s hair (I prefer this one, actually!). Dal Bong compliments her on her skill, and Yoo Mi preens. She suggests a dinner with her mother, and Dal Bong agrees.

Dal Bong, to me, is very mysterious. I really can’t tell about his intentions towards Yoo Mi.

Broadcasting has finished, and Eun Sol exits the studio. Yoo Ran is immediate in following, and the two have a confrontation. Eun Sol voices her surprise at Yoo Ran’s inability to answer a question that every makeup artist should know, as Yoo Ran studied makeup in London. She should, as the team leader of a cosmetics company, build up some experience, since it’s laughable that someone could forget what they learned in that short of a time. Yoo Ran is quick to point out that both Eun Sol and Eun Seok must have it in for her, as they both assault her the very same day. Eun Sol says that being on camera must have rattled her, for Yoo Ran to tell such unbelievable delusions, and instead of worrying about Eun Seok, she should have herself checked out at a hospital, echoing similar words made by Sang Ho.

Yoo Ran goes to Eun Seok’s house to check things out. It appears to her that even Soon Ok, Eun Seok’s mother, doesn’t even know, and wonders why Eun Seok is acting. Eun Seok comes out of the bedroom, and says that he has a headache. Soon Ok worries, asking if it’s because of the accident, and Yoo Ran, frozen in her place, asks Eun Seok why is he being like this.

I saw the preview, and my fears were right. Eun Sol is playing the noble idiot. It makes me wonder—how long is she going to hurt Min Jae? For all her good intentions, all she’s doing is stringing him along.

On the other hand, three cheers for Eun Seok! He’s actively taking steps towards his revenge. It’s the return of Eun Seok, suited in black and white armor!

debbiek153 said:

Hello, everyone~ I'm back with the recaps for Episode 95! I'm sorry for taking so long. ^-^;;

Episode 95 Summary

Eun Sol, inconsolable, returns to the office, and starts to cry again when she sits down. Her cell phone rings, and it’s from Min Jae, but Eun Sol doesn’t answer the phone call, only tracing the lines of his face on her cell phone. (Remember, they took a picture together to commemorate her new cell phone purchase.)

Min Jae is at home continually when he calls Eun Sol. He soon hangs up, but there is a worried expression on his face.

Eun Sol also returns home when Min Jae calls again. This time, she answers with a bright tone to hide her tears. He asks her if he could see her now—he could go to her house—but Eun Sol gently refuses, saying that she was tired, so let’s see one another at work the next day. Concerned, Min Jae asks if she’s getting sick, and that he loves her. Shaken, she quickly hangs up to cry.

The next day, Pil Nyeo (Min Jae’s mother) is at her usual fretting, as Min Jae had left for work, again, without eating any breakfast, in Chairman Wang’s presence. Chairman Wang says that since he met Eun Sol and told her forcibly what he thought, she shouldn’t worry and start to teach Soo Kyung how to cook.

Mal Soon overhears their conversation, and sneaks back into the kitchen to worry, for if things don’t go well for Eun Sol, then Sang Ho would have the chance to start things with Eun Sol again.

Eun Sol is hard at work when she remembers Chairman Wang’s words—if she doesn’t want to experience the pain of another failure at marriage, to stop now. She quickly wipes her tears away when a text comes for her. It’s from Min Jae, who’s concerned about her lack of energy: is it because of Eun Seok?

She looks up, at Min Jae is at the window, and he forms a heart with his hands. She smiles, but has a sad look when she turns away. Her fingers are texting a reply, and Min Jae sees the text: does he want to go on a date during the weekend?

He texts back, wondering what’s going on, and that he could die happy.

Nononononooooo….is this the formulaic go-on-a-date-and-the-girl/guy-says-let’s-break-up?!

Soo Kyung gets a call from Min Jae’s mother—no, mother-in-law—who calls about the dress for the engagement party. On the other end, Chairman Wang is excited and wants to go along, but Pil Nyeo tells him to leave everything to her. Soo Kyung, seemingly oblivious to Eun Sol’s presence, happily says that she’ll kidnap Min Jae and take him along.

Eun Seok, at home, is on the internet, looking at articles concerning Dream Cosmetics (the English translation to the Korean name of the company). He reads everything, including Eun Sol’s rise and fall as the chairman. He goes into his room and picks up the frame with his father’s photograph, and tears fall as he grieves over his father’s supposed suicide, saying that it’s all his fault. He screams out loud in English.

Yoo Ran is having a coffee break with Eun Kyung, the employee whose desk is next to Eun Sol’s. Yoo Ran is shocked that the music video is being made by an extremely popular artist, and gets angry at Eun Kyung for being so excited for Eun Kyung. Eun Kyung mentions that many people who participated in a music video made by that person had become stars, and Yoo Ran gets visibly more upset at this.

Eun Sol is being photographed at another event—a J. Kim collection—when Sang Ho comes up next to her and sinks down to one knee, offering up a bouquet for her. She happily accepts it, and Sang Ho kisses her hand.

…which is Yoo Ran’s delusion, and she wakes up in the office with a start, exclaiming, “No!” Yoo Ran mentally vows to interfere with Eun Sol’s involvement with a music video, and goes over to steal Eun Sol’s phone while Eun Sol is out of the office. Yoo Ran hurries to call the producer’s office and says words to cancel Eun Sol’s music video project, and smugly smirks at Eun Sol when she passes her.

Eun Sol gets a call, and is dismayed to learn that someone called from her phone to the office. She, remembering Yoo Ran’s expression, says that someone must have taken her phone and called from it, and, promising to call again, hangs up. She decides that if Yoo Ran continued to behave like this, she had no choice but to behave accordingly.

Yoo Ran comes home and goes into the elevator, but is also joined by a helmeted man. While she stumbles back in fear, she doesn’t make the connection, but thinks angrily that it was rude of the person to wear a helmet, even though it was really hot. In her room, Yoo Ran spreads out all the nice outfits she has and picks out a blue dress, holding it up against her and smiling to herself in the mirror. Meanwhile, the housekeeper opens to the door to the helmeted man and lets him in.

Yoo Ran comes out, wearing the blue dress, and stops when she sees the helmeted man. She asks the housekeeper who is the man, and the housekeeper says that he’s from the delivery service, and that he has something for her he has to give personally. The housekeeper says that she has to go to the market, and leaves the two of them alone.

Yoo Ran sullenly asks the helmeted man to quickly give the package and leave, and the helmeted man gives her the package…and asks her if she didn’t know him.

The helmeted man takes off his helmet, and it is Eun Seok staring back at her.

If I didn’t think that Gaksital could give me heart attacks, this drama could. Please, Eun Seok, don’t mess things up for Eun Sol!

The package slips out of Yoo Ran’s hands and drops to the floor. Eun Seok calmly tells her that it’s been a while, and Yoo Ran asks him if he’s been Helmet Man all this time, harassing them. Eun Seok doesn’t answer the question, only saying that Yoo Ran is living very well right now. As he walks toward her, Yoo Ran steps back, until her back is to the wall, and she’s trapped.

Yoo Ran desperately tells Eun Seok that what they did wasn’t deliberate, it was an accident, just an accident. Eun Seok scoffs, saying that it wasn’t an accident, but murder. What she and Sang Ho did that day was the same as murder. Yoo Ran disagrees, it wasn’t anything like that. Eun Seok says that he’s forgiven her for the fraudulent marriage and entering their home, because he loved her, and was willing to overlook everything. Yoo Ran says that she’s thankful for that. Eun Seok continues to say that if she begged forgiveness for being pregnant with Sang Ho’s child, he could have forgiven her, too, because he loved her that much. But how could she, he asks her, how could she join hands with Sang Ho and deceive him of Cho Rong’s parentage, and ruin his family? When Yoo Ran doesn’t answer, crying, he tells her to listen well. For all the things she did to his family, he’ll do the same. What he went through, she should experience and suffer.

Yoo Ran sinks to her knees as Eun Seok storms out.

This isn’t quick the day of reckoning I expected. I wanted it to all go down in an explosion of fireworks—Yoo Ran and Sang Ho being humiliated in front of people instead of the privacy of their home. However, the shock is the same to Yoo Ran. One of things she dreads the most has occurred—her ex-husband, the pure-hearted ex-husband who had been so good to her because he loved her—had recovered all his memories, and contrary to his own innocence, vows to make her pay.

Yoo Ran is hysterical when she clambers into Sang Ho’s office, blubbering about Helmet Man. Sang Ho is confused, as it’s time for her to be on air. Yoo Ran tells him that Helmet Man was just at her house, and he’s Eun Seok, and he promised to exact revenge on them! Sang Ho is in disbelief, as Yoo Ran told him herself that the time when they set the trap for Helmet Man, she saw for herself that Eun Seok hadn’t left his house. Sang Ho checks her temperature to check if she was sick—and that being the reason of her hallucination—and tells her that she should go to the hospital, and sits down.

Yoo Ran also sits down, insisting that Eun Seok has woken up, and that he has recovered all of his memories. Sang Ho tells her that if Eun Seok really woke up, he would’ve gone to the police, not go to her. Yoo Ran surmises that Eun Seok personally wanted to take revenge. Sang Ho reasons that if Eun Seok really woke up, wouldn’t Eun Sol and her mother know? Yoo Ran replies that Eun Seok could be tricking even his own family, but Sang Ho brushes it off, saying that it didn’t make any sense to do that.

Sang Ho tries to console her, saying that they would talk at home, and tells her to go to the broadcasting studio. Yoo Ran says that she’s really afraid, but Sang Ho retorts that he’s more afraid that she’s going to mess up the broadcast and embarrass him, and insists that she goes.

Young Jo goes with the lady she schemes to buy land from down to the countryside to view the land. Afterwards, it’s clear that Young Jo has bought the land, and thanks the lady for selling her the land at such a cheap price.

Yoo Ran is on stage when she remembers Eun Seok’s words, and she tries to focus. Her co-host asks her if anything’s wrong, and Yoo Ran says that she’s fine. They start the show as Eun Sol enters from the side to watch.

Back in his office, Sang Ho worries about Yoo Ran. He wonders if Yoo Ran’s words were true, and calls his man to have him investigate Eun Seok’s activities.

In the broadcasting studio, it’s time for the hosts to answer questions from the audience about makeup. Yoo Ran is shocked to see Eun Sol in the audience, but manages to pull together to successfully answer the first question.

Eun Sol raises her hand to ask a question about homemade cosmetics, and asks a difficult question. Yoo Ran is visibly rattled, and stammers her response. Eun Sol gently interrupts, and the audience titters at her humorous words. The show goes for a commercial break.

It’s the hair salon, and Yoo Mi is happily arranging Dal Bong’s hair (I prefer this one, actually!). Dal Bong compliments her on her skill, and Yoo Mi preens. She suggests a dinner with her mother, and Dal Bong agrees.

Dal Bong, to me, is very mysterious. I really can’t tell about his intentions towards Yoo Mi.

Broadcasting has finished, and Eun Sol exits the studio. Yoo Ran is immediate in following, and the two have a confrontation. Eun Sol voices her surprise at Yoo Ran’s inability to answer a question that every makeup artist should know, as Yoo Ran studied makeup in London. She should, as the team leader of a cosmetics company, build up some experience, since it’s laughable that someone could forget what they learned in that short of a time. Yoo Ran is quick to point out that both Eun Sol and Eun Seok must have it in for her, as they both assault her the very same day. Eun Sol says that being on camera must have rattled her, for Yoo Ran to tell such unbelievable delusions, and instead of worrying about Eun Seok, she should have herself checked out at a hospital, echoing similar words made by Sang Ho.

Yoo Ran goes to Eun Seok’s house to check things out. It appears to her that even Soon Ok, Eun Seok’s mother, doesn’t even know, and wonders why Eun Seok is acting. Eun Seok comes out of the bedroom, and says that he has a headache. Soon Ok worries, asking if it’s because of the accident, and Yoo Ran, frozen in her place, asks Eun Seok why is he being like this.

I saw the preview, and my fears were right. Eun Sol is playing the noble idiot. It makes me wonder—how long is she going to hurt Min Jae? For all her good intentions, all she’s doing is stringing him along.

On the other hand, three cheers for Eun Seok! He’s actively taking steps towards his revenge. It’s the return of Eun Seok, suited in black and white armor!

Looks like Chairman Wang is all out to make Soo Kyung his daughther-in-law and Min Jae is in a difficult position. Looking at the situation, I was hoping that in order for Chairman Wang to give up totally on the marriage is to make the drama in such a way that Soo Kyung might be Min Jae's sister. Earlier in episode 18, Min Jae mentioned his sister name, Min Soo. He took out one half of a pendant with the word 'Jae' and in his flashback, his sister is wearing the other half of the pendant with the word 'Soo'. So, I was thinking perhaps Soo Kyung might be adopted and since she is having the pendant with the word 'Soo', her adopted parents named her Soo Kyung. 
Well, that is my hunch and I could be wrong. The story might not be that way but I was hoping it would. That will remove Soo Kyung from Min Jae and Eun Sol relationship. It is just that I don't want Eun Sol to suffer anymore as she has suffered enough. I just want to see her happily married to Min Jae. 

get well soon debbiek153. been reading ur summaries when i'm behind but i'm caught up to 96 finally. thanks for all your hardwork.

haha ... so true about YR sounding like a banshee. i seriously tone down my volume whenever she comes on. but kudos to Eun Seok for only revealing his recovery to YR but not to anyone else ... hence making people doubt her sanity somewhat and making her go insane because now she's haunted by him even when he's not there. she's really losing it. i'm just surprised that YR didn't think of recording her meeting with Eun Seok to prove otherwise ... well not yet anyway and for that we're thankful.

like all of you, i'm sad that Eun Seol chose to break up with MJ and i too was wishing that SK might be his long lost sister although i don't see that happening. as usual ... these rich heiresses in kdramas always go on planning wedding all by themselves despite a non cooperative groom. MJ's parents are kind of weird as well. i just hope MJ stay firm in his resolution of not marrying SK even if Eun Seol breaks off with him ... i think that may just make his adopted parents realize that harrassing Eun Seol to break things off with MJ will not work. and perhaps seeing him in despair after breakup will make them relent especially the mom who might just convince the dad that there's nothing for them to do but give in. i'm hoping SK gets embarrassed on the engagement day when MJ didn't turn up instead of them cancelling off the engagement. that would serve her right. i hope MJ is calm enough to figure out his father has something to do with Eun Seol breaking off with him.

the preview seems to indicate that SW might finally see Eun Seok with that guy he's planning to work with over something? although i think it might be a teaser and Eun Seok will probably avoid being seen by him. kind of too soon for Eun Seok's plan to work if SW sees him so fast?

Archived