Title: An Angel's Choice
Korean title: 천사의 선택
Genre: Drama
Episodes: TBA (100+ most likely)
Broadcast network: MBC
Broadcast period: 2012-Apr-02 to TBA
Air time: Mondays to Fridays 7:50

Summary
The dangerous love story of a woman who lives intensely.

Cast
Choi Jung Yoon as Choi Eun Seol
Jung Sung Woon as Wang Min Jae
Yoon Hee Suk as Park Sang Ho
Go Na Eun as Kang Yoo Ran
Choi Il Hwa as Choi Ji Hak
Jang Hee Soo (장희수) as Jang Soon Ok
Chu Hun Yub as Choi Eun Suk
Lee Jung Gil as Wang Gook Hyun
Oh Mi Yeon as Han Pil Nyeo
Seo Bum Suk as Bae Dal Bong
Heo Yoon Jung as Heo Young Ja
Kim Dong Joo as Yang Mal Soon
Jung Soo Young as Kang Yoo Mi
Kim Min Jwa as Oh Soo Kyung

Production Credits
Producer: Choi Chang Wook
Director: Son Hyung Suk, Jang Ui Soon (장의순)
Screenwriter: Suh Hyun Joo

Correlation Chart
CorrelationChart.jpg

(Translated)

CorrelationChart-Copy.jpg

--credits to dramawiki

Official Website --> imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/angel/

Character Bios:

EunSol.jpg

MinJae.jpg

SangHo.jpg

YooRan.jpg

News
Some pictures and trailer -->hancinema.net/upcoming-korean-drama-an-angel-s-choice-40639.html
(Korean) view.heraldm.com/view.php?ud=20120403000046
(Korean) http://www.unionpress.co.kr/news/detail.php?number=154007&thread=03r02r03

Download Links

d-addicts (uploaded by the lovely semi-fly) --> d-addicts.com/forum/torrents.php?search=An.Angels.Choice&type=kdrama&sub=sub_RAW&sort=

(Note: I don't do any uploading myself. I am able to watch episodes thanks to semi-fly's uploads over at d-addicts, or viewing them online. I haven't found any sites that are uploading this drama, due to the fact that it's a daily morning drama, and the amount of episodes is no mere feat.)

I haven't seen Suh Hyun Joo much on the script scene--this and Pink Lipstick were the two that I've seen of this writer. Both were melodrama and revolved around the theme of revenge.

I am currently enjoying the drama right now (as of May 25, 40 episodes have aired). The plot is setting up well, and I'm surprised at the twist turn of events in this week's episodes. (Won't spoiler it for now.) Anyone interested in this daily drama? ^-^

EDIT: As I am unused to the new soompi website, it may take some time for me to edit posts, etc. Please be patient with me~

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O.O;;;;

Oh no....I didn't know that I couldn't use dramawiki pictures...or that we can't edit posts on soompi.

Forgive me, everyone. ::bows:: I will try to upload the picture of the correllation chart from one of my own pictures (I still can't figure out a way to upload pictures onto soompi posts directly from my computer). I'm sorry!

Episode 40

Min Jae picks Eun Sol up from the bar and lets her sleep in his office, staying with her all night. Sang Ho gets angry when he finds out that Eun Sol stayed outside all night, and this is something Yoo Ran is bothered about. Eun Sol is determined to get revenge on Sang Ho and Yoo Ran for ruining her family.

I found it funny that when Sang Ho and Min Jae meet each other, their thoughts were completely the opposite of their pleasantly tense faces--Sang Ho is seething that Min Jae's eyeing his wife (in name), and Min Jae is sizing up the guy who's hurting Eun Sol. I'm voting for Min Jae as the winner of this round, lol. I'm becoming a fan already. ^-^

But...oh no! O.O The preview for next week!

AAC began yesterday on MBC here in the Philadelpia area. And lo and behold!!! English subtitles!!!

The title grabbed me when it began in April, but I cannot watch a 100+ daily kdrama without subs.

So as long as the subs continue I will watch this good looking cast.

Ep 2 was shown today and I hope Yoo Ran marries Ji Hak.

What is Jung Sung Woon's character doing? He is a rich young batchelor without any connection

to the other characters so far.

AAC began yesterday on MBC here in the Philadelpia area. And lo and behold!!! English subtitles!!!

The title grabbed me when it began in April, but I cannot watch a 100+ daily kdrama without subs.

So as long as the subs continue I will watch this good looking cast.

Ep 2 was shown today and I hope Yoo Ran marries Ji Hak.

What is Jung Sung Woon's character doing? He is a rich young batchelor without any connection

to the other characters so far.

Hi, luvcostums1! I'm so happy to meet a fan of this daily drama on soompi. ^-^

So An Angel's Choice is showing in the U.S.? I had no idea that Korean dramas aired here...(I live on the East Coast, too, in the D.C. area.)

Jung Sung Woon's character Wang Min Jae...as in Korea they're a bit ahead--Episode 42 aired today--he is the son of a rich son, but he's not his parents' biological son. He is revealed to be what Koreans called a yangjae (or something like that), which historical refers to a son adopted from the outside (usually a distant relative) in order to inherit the main line. For now it looks like he doesn't have much connection to Eun Sol and the others other than being someone who's considered about Eun Sol's downward spiral. However, as you may well know, in daily dramas there must always be some kind of connection.

According to MBC's Website, this is his bio:

"That woman is my one and only mermaid." [This, I am assuming, is referring to Eun Sol.]

He is the one who overlooks Angel (? The name of the company) Shopping.

A young man who is compulsively neat, has little to say, and lives strictly by the rules.

After losing his younger sister and growing up in an orphanage at a young age,

he was adopted by Chairman Hwang as his son and raised with love.

He longs for his younger sister and continues to look for her.

Insisting that Chairman Hwang's money doesn't belong to him, he makes his own money through his own sweat.

He cherishes the memory of a first love who had a white (pale?) face and could not speak.

While doing charity work, he meets Eun Sol, and through a coincidental opportunity, he falls in love with her and stoically stays by her side,

he becomes her guardian angel."

(This is my translation!!!! ^-^)

I'm thinking that his sister...is one of the characters in the drama. But that last bit...::sighs:: It sounds so romantic. This reminds me of his portray of Choi Bo Gook in 흔들리지마 (2008), a revenge daily drama that was a whopping 164 episodes. I'm looking forward to see how he becomes a source of strength to Eun Sol in future episodes!

Happy watching~

thanks for starting the thread. goodness ... missing sister in the drama? please don't tell me it's that Yoo Ran. :-O let's hope there's another person who's due to appear later. didn't realize MJ was adopted.

i kind of skipped around and did other things while watching so am a bit lost. it is kind of getting intense now isn't it? who is the person who sent the photos to SH & YR? at first i thought the investigator was sent by ES's friend but doesn't seem like it. is it the guy ES's dad sent instead? but looks like he's blackmailing the couple on the side instead of reporting it to him if that's the case?

YR's aunt & cousin are so annoying & shrill. too much of their scenes imo. and ES's brother ... something about the way he looks bothers me.

thanks for starting the thread. goodness ... missing sister in the drama? please don't tell me it's that Yoo Ran. :-O let's hope there's another person who's due to appear later. didn't realize MJ was adopted.

i kind of skipped around and did other things while watching so am a bit lost. it is kind of getting intense now isn't it? who is the person who sent the photos to SH & YR? at first i thought the investigator was sent by ES's friend but doesn't seem like it. is it the guy ES's dad sent instead? but looks like he's blackmailing the couple on the side instead of reporting it to him if that's the case?

YR's aunt & cousin are so annoying & shrill. too much of their scenes imo. and ES's brother ... something about the way he looks bothers me.

Hi, exupery! ^-^ Welcome to the thread!

Yep, Min Jae has an abandoned sister...and I'm guessing it might be Yoo Ran...or the girl's who hanging around Min Jae. (She's starting to get annoying, just like YR's aunt and cousin.) I haven't sat down to watch this week's episodes yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if Eun Sol's dad did a little bit of checking up with them. He doesn't trust his seemingly perfect son-in-law, and for good reason.

If Eun Sol's brother looks "odd" to you, then kudos to the actor? He's supposed to act child-like due to brain damage. It would be veeery interesting if at some point in the drama he comes back to his old sweet self. ^-^

EDIT:

(I fervently wish that soompi would re-install the edit button! >___>

exupery,

If you watch Episode 42, Eun Sol's investigator/lawyer? friend notices Sang Ho and greets him, and also makes a point to point out Yoo Ran, his sister-in-law being there. At that time when they're distracted, someone else picks up the money and gets away. After that scene, we see Eun Sol with the money, and asking her friend to keep the money safe for the time being, as she can't bring herself to touch such "dirty" money.

No Min Jae/Eun Sol scenes today. TT.TT Hopefully tomorrow?

Ooohhhh ... thanks for the spoiler. I'm downloading 42 now so haven't watch it yet. Haha. Ahhhh ...

so it was ES & her friend who did it. I was kind of worried that someone else got into this and this would have alerted SH before ES could find any evidence to kick his richard simmons. I wonder if SH had done enough damage to take control of the company yet ... I'm sure if ES brought him & YR down so early on then there wouldn't be 100 over episodes as these usual daily dramas go?

:)) But it's awesome that ES is behind this ... hahaha ... because when YR was saying it could be ES who did this, SH was like it's not something ES will do with her personality. Check mate...

Nah ... nothing to do with how good the actor's portrayal of his role after being brain damaged. I think it's his eyebrows or something which makes him look kind of weird. I know he's supposed to be sweet even before his accident but still something about him creeps me out. But never mind I'm not watching for him for sure. =)) Btw ... why is ES so protective of her brother even from earlier on? I gather it was something that happened in their past? Btw ... what happened to ES's baby? I recall she was pregnant or something? I did skip in between after that.

ACE42SC1.png

Tiny Min Jae x Eun Sol scene in Episode 42!!!

(I'm sorry, exupery, but I posted my last reply before watching the episode the whole way through, and missed this one. >-< Please forgive me!)

If anyone wants a translation, just go clicky-click on the spoiler below!

As always, if anyone requests a translation of a scene, I'll try my best to oblige!

Translation:

Eun Sol: Hello.

Min Jae: Oh! [Puts bread? in oven.] What brings you here? You said that you couldn't come here today.

Eun Sol: Um..I didn't come here to do charity work...it's my mother's birthday, and I wanted to make a birthday cake myself for her. I don't know if I'm bothering you.

Min Jae: Ah, no! It's not a bother. Just do it without worrying about anything.

Eun Sol: Then I'll quickly make it and go.

[Eun Sol makes the cake while Min Jae goes on his work. He looks over at her while she's spreading the icing and goes over to her.]

Min Jae: Move over. From making just one cake, the cream's going to get wasted. (? I didn't get the Korean here.)

Eun Sol: I can do it by myself...

[Min Jae goes to ice the cake and decorate, with Eun Sol looking on with amazement.]

Eun Sol: You can go out with this. (? Didn't get it, but I think she meant that he could do well professionally with this kind of skill.)

Min Jae: Nothing major's going on with you, right?

Eun Sol: Thank you for the other night.

Min Jae: I told you, if you ever need a drinking buddy, just call.

Min Jae: Drinking alcohol alone will become poison.

Eun Sol: The thing I need the most right now might be poison.

[Min Jae looks troubled.]

Ooohhhh ... thanks for the spoiler. I'm downloading 42 now so haven't watch it yet. Haha. Ahhhh ...

so it was ES & her friend who did it. I was kind of worried that someone else got into this and this would have alerted SH before ES could find any evidence to kick his richard simmons. I wonder if SH had done enough damage to take control of the company yet ... I'm sure if ES brought him & YR down so early on then there wouldn't be 100 over episodes as these usual daily dramas go?

:)) But it's awesome that ES is behind this ... hahaha ... because when YR was saying it could be ES who did this, SH was like it's not something ES will do with her personality. Check mate...

Nah ... nothing to do with how good the actor's portrayal of his role after being brain damaged. I think it's his eyebrows or something which makes him look kind of weird. I know he's supposed to be sweet even before his accident but still something about him creeps me out. But never mind I'm not watching for him for sure. =)) Btw ... why is ES so protective of her brother even from earlier on? I gather it was something that happened in their past? Btw ... what happened to ES's baby? I recall she was pregnant or something? I did skip in between after that.

I think

Eun Sol lost it?

I'm not sure, since I also skipped around. :P

I'm thinking that Eun Sol's so protective of her brother because she values family. Also, she blames herself for his accident (again, it might be somthing I missed--I wasn't really interested until Min Jae seriously entered the scene). In one of the earlier episodes,

Min Jae sees her sobbing in the hospital, saying sorry to her brother

Sang Ho seriously underestimates the power of betrayal, even though he suffered through it. Eun Sol wouldn't have shown that part of her personality had she not suffered betrayal not only to herself, but also to her family. I like that the writer didn't drag her depression, which is quite common in daily drama, I think.

Episode 43 (oh dear, I'm really skipping around here...)

Eun Sol's father finds out about Sang Ho and Yoo Ran and is furious. We also find out the reason why Sang Ho married Eun Sol--in revenge for his father's "untimely" death. While Sang Ho chases Eun Sol's father in their cars, we see a flashback of Eun Sol's father and Sang Ho's father in an office, and Eun Sol's father is agonizingly questioning Sang Ho's father if it's true, if he did something with their company's product. We are to understand that Sang Ho's view of the situation is a misunderstanding, that he has it completely wrong.

Eun Sol's father gets into an accident, and it doesn't look good. Sang Ho is also preparing to forcibly take the company in revenge, and Eun Sol and her family are completely ignorant to Sang Ho's scheming. The episode ends when Min Jae finds out about Eun Sol's father through Chairman Hwang and rushes to the hospital, pausing when he sees Eun Sol sobbing in the hospital hallway.

So begins the drama and the downfall of the protagonist. I'm not positive if Sang Ho is aware that Min Jae is indeed Chairman Hwang's son, but from what it looks like Eun Sol will

lose everything--her family's company, home, status, etc.

, but she will certainly pick herself up, with Min Jae by her side.

Part of me wishes that the writers will immediately skip to the destruction of the enemy--Sang Ho and Yoo Ran--but this is a drama that has projected more than 100 episodes, and if the writers quickly move Min Jae and Eun Sol's relationship forward this early, we won't have the build-up of a relationship that is based not because they're the "main couple," but of trust and a slow love that is much more durable than Sang Ho and Yoo Ran's relationship (remember, both parties are married, respectively, and both are showing jealous at the other partners--Sang Ho of Min Jae, Yoo Ran of Eun Sol).

Nice to see some posts for AAC.

Verizon Channel 1760 at 7 and 10:30 A.M. runs this drama in the Philly area.

From Sang Ho's facial expressions even in ep2 he will dramatically change for the worse. Revenge for his father's death is a strong reason. I could be wrong, but I predict Eun Sol will leave him or throw him out. Eventually ES will partner with Min Jae.

Now I must watch all the eps, some without subs, to see if these predictions happen.

do you think SH's mom know the truth behind SH's dad death? but continue to let SH believe it was ES's dad's fault because she didn't want to smear his image of his dad? because there were a few times she seems to want to say something but then stopped herself. but it's terrible that she let his drive for revenge to ruin an innocent woman & her family just because she wanted a good life for herself & her son. and to let her son chose the wrong path just like her husband did.

from the end of 45 ... looks like someone else found ES's dad phone. i wonder who that is. i hope it will make a comeback later on because it's the only proof other than ES's dad assistant that Mr Kim who has been bought by SH. sigh ... well at least now that the secret is out in the open, we'll get more EJ & MJ moment since he will be helping her out. i guess the money that ES got from blackmailing SH with the picture of him & YR is going to come in use for her to regain back her dad's company? YR is such a beach really ... i think ES should just pull out all her hair. I'm just glad ES is not too refined to have hit that woman around a few times for her shamelessness. it's kinda funny that even until now SH kept underestimating ES ... when for a moment he wonder if ES is behind the blackmail after finding out that ES already know for sometime his carrying on with YR. but then he waved it off as not fitting in with ES's personality again.

Nice to see some posts for AAC.

Verizon Channel 1760 at 7 and 10:30 A.M. runs this drama in the Philly area.

From Sang Ho's facial expressions even in ep2 he will dramatically change for the worse. Revenge for his father's death is a strong reason. I could be wrong, but I predict Eun Sol will leave him or throw him out. Eventually ES will partner with Min Jae.

Now I must watch all the eps, some without subs, to see if these predictions happen.

Glad to see that this drama is being picked up in America! I personally thought that only very popular dramas would be aired.

do you think SH's mom know the truth behind SH's dad death? but continue to let SH believe it was ES's dad's fault because she didn't want to smear his image of his dad? because there were a few times she seems to want to say something but then stopped herself. but it's terrible that she let his drive for revenge to ruin an innocent woman

from the end of 45 ... looks like someone else found ES's dad phone. i wonder who that is. i hope it will make a comeback later on because it's the only proof other than ES's dad assistant that Mr Kim who has been bought by SH. sigh ... well at least now that the secret is out in the open, we'll get more EJ & MJ moment since he will be helping her out. i guess the money that ES got from blackmailing SH with the picture of him & YR is going to come in use for her to regain back her dad's company? YR is such a beach really ... i think ES should just pull out all her hair. I'm just glad ES is not too refined to have hit that woman around a few times for her shamelessness. it's kinda funny that even until now SH kept underestimating ES ... when for a moment he wonder if ES is behind the blackmail after finding out that ES already know for sometime his carrying on with YR. but then he waved it off as not fitting in with ES's personality again.

There's often a theme in Kdrama: The sins of the parents are visited upon the children. While I personally don't agree with this, it is a part.  I think that it's because she thinks that her son is entitled what Eun Sol had all her life--riches, status, etc. She is as greedy as her son, and she is blind to everything except for her son's "success."

I'm really enjoying Eun Sol's role in this drama. She's not going to take things lying down: she's going to fight for her family.

So, got all caught up to Episode 46. (Got sidelined by personal stuff.) It looks like

Sang Ho and Yoo Ran are enjoying the fruits of their so-called labor. Yoo Ran fills the closet with wads of cash, looking at each bundle reverently. I'm getting creepy vibes from this. She's so obsessed with money that I think that if her money was taken away from her, she'd be a madwoman--or do something worse, like kill--to keep it.

Sang Ho's true face is revealed in this drama. He has no ounce of conscience for deceiving his wife, and think that it's his given to openly carry on with Yoo Ran, even though he's legally a married man. Yoo Ran's getting on my nerves already, though, for acting all sweet and sugary, as if she's the protagonist of their drama.

Min Jae was really sweet in this episode, doing that for his parents. I like the fact that his adoption is not some big, dark secret, only to be used by Sang Ho and/or Yoo Ran later, but very much in the open. Min Jae knows that he's adopted, and it doesn't bring him down. He's also starting to bond with Eun Sol when he had lunch with her and her brother.

I didn't get to watch Episode 47 today, as the usual uploader over at d-addicts didn't upload the torrent for it, so I'll have to look for an online vid for it, but it looks like things are heating up--Eun Sol's realizing that people aren't what they seem, and she'll need to get her wits together before falling victim to Sang Ho and Yoo Ran.

debbiek153  Dramastyle, also known as enjoydrama, has all eps and it is usually very fast with the streaming, no subs.

Thanks for the info! There are no torrents for very recent episodes.... @.@. Oh nos. (I tend to stick with downloading, since tudou and other online video viewing players hate me.)

sub please !!!!!!!

As of right now, there are no subbing groups/independent subbers willing to take on this project (personally, I would balk at the sheer number of episodes). However, I am willing to translate scenes and provide screencaps, if I can, though primarily I'd prefer translating Min Jae/Eun Sol scenes. ^-^

Archived