qwenli: I'm not sure if there's gonna be an award ceremony for that..I hope so.

Thanks for the translation. So that was the reason he was in Japan....

Korean news finally got a whiff of Boss Orange event

2010-11-0300000036_65a74_o.jpg

1288830712393_1.jpg

Fan meeting over Christmas. About $1200usd.

There will be hand shake session, Q & A and even a Chuno mission game or something like that with a photobook given. Fan club members get priority booking. I think they set off from 3 places: Haneda, Nagoya and Kansai.The lucky Japanese fans....

55798559201011041312473826332604553_000.jpg

Looks like Hyuk will be busy in Dec! The client shoots over Dec too.

Guest Jill4675

qwenli! I should go on that tour with the Japanese fans!!! :lol:

Lucky people!

Enjoying Singapore, but it's raining and stormy today. Will go to Little India and then Ngee Ann City... a few pics from SGP are here, couple also on flickr, more later...thanks for all the info, qwenli!

pics

sunglasses2.gif

But the fan meet is on Seoul, right? I know people at dc jang hyuk are grumbling that hyuk hasn't held a domestic fan mtg for a long time...they were feeling kindda left out..hehehe.

Gosh so I guess hyuk might have to work again on his birthday...this time for The Client. I am excited about the movie....

Jill - Even for a native, I find your pixs so funny! The high rise laundry thing has been a tradition for at least 50years. It is quite a skill to bring it out. Definetly trains your biceps!

Hi, please see the link below for the interview.

HK paper interview

Basically he says that during the low point in his life when he had to go to army, his training in Jeet Kune Do help him. Sort of like he uses the spirit from the skill to take things one step at a time.

As for whether he chooses scripts, he replied that he leaves it to the agency. He said Korea is different from China or HK, alot of time the agency handles alot of things. Either that or the movie production house chooses you so there is not much chance/power to choose scripts.

As to whether there is a character that he likes to play, he said there is no particular one, every character is a challenge because I learn different things from different roles. Life is just like acting, everyday, I try to perform my best as Jang Hyuk.

Then he mentioned about The Client movie. He said although it is not an action movie, the story is quite tight, it is a story revolving the courts.

-----------------------------------

I am translating the Win Win ep that Hyuk went on earlier this year because a fan asked for it (Chinese sub to English). I was thinking after I translate, does anyone have the time to put it into the video itself? Must as well do it? Ocha/Hahatk? Am clueless about video stuff.

Ocha - I am surprised he didnt have a fan meeting in Seoul. Yep he should have one, if not in Seoul, in Jeju where they filmed Chuno. :D

Guest jen2010

More photos from the Henri Dunant Children Foundation held in Japan end of last month.

http://henri-dunant-children.org/jp_events

Hi Qwenli,

Just some thoughts, to save time, perhaps you could try saving the English translation as a subtitle file instead of hardsubbing the video which requires re-encoding the whole video file.

Not sure if you could get the timing file from the people who did the Chinese version of winwin? Otherwise doing the timing can be quite a nightmare :P

Subtitle workshop can be used to create a srt (subtitle file)

http://www.urusoft.net/download.php?lang=1&id=sw

Qwenli : I have never tried soft subbing a clip..I can hard sub but don't know how to time properly.hehehe. I can help hardaub it.

Ooh about the a wars I think there will be a ceremony if I remember reading correctly. I think it's supposed toe on nov 12.

Did hyuk post more stuff on his clog? Ihvnt had time to check.

Edit: oh yeah jen's idea is great..if u can get the soft sub from the Chinese file..it'll be much easier...

Ocha/Jen

Thanks for the suggestions.

Hahatk - do you know what is the soft sub file in chinese? is it the 时间轴?

I am clueless about video stuff.

Was very busy over the weekend. I've never done soft or hard sub before. However, I've used a software to adjust some soft subs that were not in sync with the vids during the Chuno era. However, I forgot what software was used.

You may want to test this one.

http://www.aboutonlinetips.com/best-subtitle-editor-tools/

Emily and 不点 should know how to do it. I'll help if you need me :)

Its taking me a long time to do the translation, now I know how difficult it is to do it for a variety show. Because I think for every 1 min, it takes me 5 min to do it. :sweatingbullets:

EDIT: I have asked the Chinese fans and xiao mi told me they used Popsub. I am not sure what it is and if it is compatible with anything you guys use. :wacko: Anyway, I will finish the translation first.

Hyuk's Clog message

Nov 8 1500hours

장혁ⓒ 약 22시간전

많은 분들이 궁금해하시는 것 같아 사진을 찾아봤습니다. 제 차를 지켜주는 이소룡 6人과 쿵푸팬더 몽키를 소개합니다^^

================================================================

Alot of people tried to search for this photo. Introducing the guardian spirits during my driving, 6 Bruce Lee figurines and Kungfu Panda?...

(ps: anybody know the cartoon character behind Bruce Lee)

64764231_24426.jpg

(translation courtesy of ammy at Baidu)

EDIT: I have asked the Chinese fans and xiao mi told me they used Popsub. I am not sure what it is and if it is compatible with anything you guys use. Anyway, I will finish the translation first.

Baidu do hard sub. I think they're working on the Danbi Mongolia eps. The link I gave you is soft sub. I bet the soft should be easier.

hahatk - Thanks for the infor.

Dear all, Hyuk's birthday is next month on the 20th. The Chinese fans usually send him something every year and are brainstorming what to get.

Could you guys give some suggestions? I think over the years they have given lighter, figurines etc. Buying gifts for guys are really tough. I mean it got be meaningful and yet not too costly?

:)

Guest dairykhang

Anybody knows where I can find the raw video and english soft sub of Hyuk? (All the show, variety or interview)

I can't find them because I don't know any chinese, korean and japanese.

Its taking me a long time to do the translation, now I know how difficult it is to do it for a variety show. Because I think for every 1 min, it takes me 5 min to do it. :sweatingbullets:

EDIT: I have asked the Chinese fans and xiao mi told me they used Popsub. I am not sure what it is and if it is compatible with anything you guys use. :wacko: Anyway, I will finish the translation first.

Hyuk's Clog message

Nov 8 1500hours

장혁ⓒ 약 22시간전

많은 분들이 궁금해하시는 것 같아 사진을 찾아봤습니다. 제 차를 지켜주는 이소룡 6人과 쿵푸팬더 몽키를 소개합니다^^

================================================================

Alot of people tried to search for this photo. Introducing the guardian spirits during my driving, 6 Bruce Lee figurines and Kungfu Panda?...

(ps: anybody know the cartoon character behind Bruce Lee)

(translation courtesy of ammy at Baidu)

The figurine is the monkey from Kungfu Panda. How super duper cute that he has 6 Bruce lees and monkey on his dash! Who knew hyukie has this cute side to him?

Edit: there's a news arcticle ttalking about how Hyuk is in talks to play the lead role in 'Midas'. If he takes this then it'll be back to back filming for him. the Client then Midas ( to premiere in March). I just want a confirmation. There's been way too many Hyuk drama casting rumors lately...

I'm a bit more excited bat Midas with Lee Min Jung seemingly onboard for sure. Now if only Hyukie joins the drama...

Midas seems like it's gonna be a male oriented drama based on choi ean guy's past works so if Hyuk takes the role...we'll get to enjoy a whole lotta Hyuk..hehehe

Subfiles ending in srt should be compatible with other subbing program I think.

I just read on dramabeans that Midas PD did Tazza, so it is highly believable that Hyuk is in consideration. Woo, I will love Hyuk to be in a modern business drama. I mean the Midas story is about everything Midas touches turns to gold right?

Hyuk updated his clog again, go have a look. He took a photo in HK IFC on the way to the Hugo Boss event. Rather dark. Probably taken with a handphone.

Hyuk's clog

dairykhang - sorry, am really bad at video stuff. :sweatingbullets:

will leave it to the rest of the folks to answer you. :)

YOU ALL NEED TO SEE THE PHOTO IN THIS LINK :w00t:

Hyuk in japanese magazine (baidu link)

Guest ClaudiaLsj

Hello everyone! On Zoi's blog appears this article:

http://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2010111016192160289

It seems that is about Midas...Somebody can translate this, please?

Squeeeeeeeee!!!! The Anan photos are....breathtaking blush.gif

Translation to Hyuk's clog post

http://c.cyworld.com/64764231/note/46497

clogu.jpg

홍콩 IFC몰 앞. 야경이 아름답더군요. 사진이 너무 어둡게 나왔나요?

In front of Hong Kong IFC Mall. The night view is beautiful. The picture is really dark, can you see it?

ClaudiaLsj : I was juuust about to translate that article.hehehe..perfect timing.

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2010111016192160289&type=1&outlink=1

장혁, '마이더스' 출연 물망.."최종 조율단계"

Jang Hyuk, Popular Prospect to Be Cast in 'Midas'.."In Final Stage"

2010111016192160289_1.jpg

배우 장혁이 내년 상반기 방송 예정인 SBS 새 월화드라마 '마이더스' 출연을 놓고 최종 조율 중이다.

Jang Hyuk is in the last stage of being the cast of next year's SBS new drama 'Midas'.

10일 '마이더스' 제작 관계자는 머니투데이 스타뉴스에 "장혁이 남자 주인공으로 출연 여부를 놓고 최종 조율 중"이라며 "이번 주 내로 확정지을 예정"이라고 밝혔다. 아직 출연계약서에 도장을 찍진 않았지만 출연이 유력하다.

On the 10th, a 'Midas' production representative talked to Star News "Jang Hyuk is in the last (discussion)stage of being the male lead." "The plan is to have this confirmed by this week." He hasn't signed the contract yet but the casting prospect is strong.

이로써 SBS 새 주말드라마 '시크릿가든'에서 하차했던 장혁은 올 상반기 종영한 KBS 2TV '추노' 후 1년여 만에 안방극장에 모습을 드러낼 전망이다.

This will mark the 1 year return to TV of Jang Hyuk,who had to leave SBS weekend drama 'Secret Garden, after KBS 2TV 'Chuno'.

'마이더스'는 증권가를 배경으로 기업 간 인수·합병을 그릴 드라마로, 내년 '아테나:전쟁의 여신' 후속으로 편성될 계획이다.

The drama Midas' background story is about mergers and acquisitions set in the securities world. It is planned to be following 'Athena:Godess of War' next year.

특히 최근 영화 '시라노; 연애조작단'을 통해 충무로 샛별로 떠오른 이민정이 여자 주인공으로 발탁돼 관심을 모으고 있다.

Interest has risen after Lee Min Jung, the newest Chungmuro star in 'Cyrano:Dating Agency', was chosen as the female lead.

더불어 '마이더스'는 강신효 PD와 '올인' '태양을 삼켜라' 등을 집필한 최완규 작가가 극본을 맡은 작품으로 증권가를 배경으로 재벌가 등을 사실감 있게 그려낼 전망이라 SBS 드라마국 내 큰 관심을 받고 있다.

Furthermore, with PD Kang Shin Ho and scriptwriter Choi Wan Gyu (of 'All In' and 'Swallow The Sun')and the securities background story, expectation is high on 'Midas' to portray a realistic view of the securities world.

Say it is so! Dare we hope of a back-to-back movie and drama lineup from Hyuk??

another article..will translate soon..gtg now.

http://ens.vop.co.kr/A00000335790.html

이민정-장혁, '올인' 김완규와 만나면? 초호화군단 '마이더스' 성사 되나...

배우 이민정, 장혁..그리고 드라마 '타짜'를 연출한 강신효 PD, '올인' 등을 집필한 최완규 작가!

이름만 들어도 가슴 두근거리는 이 초화군단이 만들어내는 드라마 한 편이 탄생할 지 관심이 쏠리고 있다.

SBS가 내년 상반기 방송할 예정인 새 월화드라마 '마이더스(가제)'는 증권사를 배경으로 기업 인수합병과 이를 둘러싼 재벌 등 인물들의 활약과 음모, 배신 등을 그릴 예정이다. '마이더스' 는 강신효 PD와 최완규 작가가 힘을 합쳤다는 이유만으로 이미 SBS 드라마국의 지대한 관심과 지원을 받고있다는 후문이다.

이 대작 드라마 '마이더스' 의 주연으로 물망에 오르내리고 있는 배우들은 대표적으로 이민정, 장혁 등이다.

30012448_CHUL6089.jpg

최근 대종상 등에서 연달아 '신인여우상'을 수상, 충무로 블루칩으로 떠오른 배우 이민정이 현재 '마이더스' 주연 여배우로 가장 근접해있는 것으로 알려졌다. 이민정 측은 출연과 관련해 "역할, 스케줄 등 제반 출연조건이 맞으면, 잘 될 수 있을 것"이라며 긍정적으로 검토하고 있음을 전했다.

08012827_추노1.jpg

또 '추노' 의 영웅 장혁 역시 남자 주인공으로 출연여부를 놓고 제작진과 최종 조율중인 것으로 전해지고 있다. '마이더스' 관계자는 10일 한 언론과의 인터뷰에서 "장혁 측과 최종조율 중이며 이번 주 내로 확정지을 예정"이라고 밝혀 출연이 유력해 보인다.

<김현선 기자> 취재요청 및 보도자료 mailto@vop.co.kr