qwenli: that is a nice pic of Hyuk...I always think that Hyuk looks much more handsome when he isn't posing.

Thanks jen and of course our zoi-nim. I'll post some more translation of Hyuk's Section interview later.

Did you all watch Midas yet? I haven't watched it yet..gotta go somewhere right now..but will watch when I come back.

I watched Midas with and without subtitle. Hyuk and LMJ are very sweet. I like the little gesture that LMJ hits Hyuk every time she pretends she's mad at Hyuk in this ep. It just comes so natural to her to do that. Anyway, they do look good together.

KHA is great in her role. After watching with C-sub, I enjoy the drama dramatically. Hope the ratings will go up higher and higher :rolleyes:

Hi everyone, I watched Midas with chinese subs and I think the show is interesting!

There hasnt been any drama with such a theme recently so I think it will pull in some crowds.

The director has a good take on the tempo which really is important to lift such serious corporate themes.

Hyuk comes through as the confident smart young chap, altho I think some of his eyes bags shows his fatigue. Lee Min Jung is very sweet. I dont mind her and Hyuk.

I started watching the drama with the intention of fast forwarding to just catch Hyuk's part but end up watching every scene. Overall I enjoyed it very much. Go watch it if you havent! :)

EDIT: Nobody posted these pix yet?

Please see the following two links on baidu. fabulous pix!

japanese magazine

Magazine spread

Guest adikkeluangman

Jang Hyuk is glad Hyun Bin took “Secret Garden” over him

At the press conference for SBS’s upcoming drama, “Midas,” held at the Amoris Hall on February 21st, actor Jang Hyuk revealed his thoughts on passing up Hyun Bin’s character, ‘Kim Ju Won,’ in the hit drama series, “Secret Garden.”

After completing KBS’s “Chuno” last March, “Midas” marks the actor’s first return in a little under a year. He was previously revealed to have declined Hyun Bin’s role during his hiatus, to which he commented, “‘Secret Garden’ was an excellent work, and I’m glad that Hyun Bin participated in it and has now become an actor with a deeper quality to him than before. I’ll be working harder in ‘Midas’ in an effort to express my character well instead.”

When asked about his standards in choosing work, he replied, “I consider whether the character fits me, and whether I’ll be able to create him. I also consider my communication level with those I’ll be working with.”

Jang Hyuk will be playing the role of ‘Kim Do Hyun,’ a perfect elite that puts his life on the line for his greed over money. ”Midas” which also stars Kim Hee Ae, Lee Min Jung and No Min Woo will begin airing at 9:55 PM KST on February 22nd, taking over from Athena through SBS.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/jang-hyuk-is-glad-hyun-bin-took-secret-garden-over-him

sorry been MIA for a few days...

another good news

Hyuk just won another award!

This time he won the Korean PD Awards

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201102281035381001

한국PD대상 시상식 오늘(28일) 장혁-이수근 수상 영예

Korean PD Daesang Award Ceremony Today (28th) Jang Hyuk-Lee Soo Geun win

Basically Jang Hyuk won for best actor, and Chuno won for best drama

BIG congrats to our Hyukie!!!!!!

qwenli: those are wonderful pics! Thanks for posting the links.

He looks so youthful in those pics!!!

Guest jen2010

Thanks for sharing the news and photos :)

Looks like tngt is the sponsor for Do Hyun's wardrobe in Midas

This is probably the official site?

http://www.tngt.co.kr/tnjsp/midas/index.jsp

Heres some photos for today's ceremony

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=janghyuk&no=36690&page=1&bbs=

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=janghyuk&no=36691&page=1&bbs=

Think his fringe is a tad too short

I miss his hairstyle in TK :P

Guest damifino

Does anyone have avi files for Jang Hyuk on Happy Together 3 with OJH and LDH... the one from back in February 2010?

I've been looking for it everywhere and haven't been able to find it.

BTW I'm not new to Soompi, but I'm a recent Jang Hyuk fan... just finished watching Thank You and Chuno. I'm waiting until Midas finishes to start watching that, but in the meanwhile, I've been trying to catch up on all of his (few) variety show appearances. I've caught his guesting on Family Outing, Win Win, Happy Together 3 when he was promoting his movie, and Danbi. Are there any others besides the Happy Together with the Chuno cast?

Welcome damifino!

The avi files that you want are Happy Together 3 ep.130 2010/01/02 and 131 2010/01/09 with the Chuno Team. If you can't find them on the net, I'll try to upload them for you later.

Guest damifino

I've tried all the usual places that I know of like cashewmania and did a google search to no avail. Even the streaming video files on tudou and youku were all deleted. If you have any suggestions on locations to find them, I'd really appreciate it.

I've tried all the usual places that I know of like cashewmania and did a google search to no avail. Even the streaming video files on tudou and youku were all deleted. If you have any suggestions on locations to find them, I'd really appreciate it.

Here is some links to download Happy together - Chuno team Episode with English subtitles, I wish that this is what you were looking for. Hope you enjoy it :)

http://pikeyenny.wordpress.com/2010/01/30/happy-together-season-3-lee-da-hae-english-subtitle/

Guest o-cha

ehhh? where's everyone? hehehe

Sorry been MIA for sometime...life has been too crazy lately..I haven't even watched Midas aside from episode 1..sigh...

anywhooooo some Hyukie pics from the 10th at a Sidus related function 'Debut on Next Cinema' at Banyan Tree

20110310_1299751788_20421800_1.jpg

20110310_janghyuk.jpg20110310220136_4d78cbb0d5d16_1.jpg

10_138734.jpg

NISI20110310_0004208547_web.jpg

9738546755d986352611ca7814df5b3f.jpg

Shades of our Dr. Min Gi Seo? Ahh how I miss seeing him as Gi Seo...So he got a new hairstyle then??? I like it...

Eider

l391204201103081948310.jpg

Wonder if you have watched these vids that zoi UL to Megasvideo lately. It's an hour special on Hyuk in Seoul since Nov 2010 to Jan 2011, some bts of Midas.

Jang Hyuk long interview&MidasShooting~ 1

Jang Hyuk long interview&MidasShooting~ 2

The shooting of kiss scenes of DH and JY in Midas

The gesture that Hyuk tried to keep warm of LMJ was super sweet :wub:

source: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1023773828

credit: coke

There is an article about Hyuk in Marie Claire Korea and the series of photos that they did were really really great. You can check out the pix here:

baidu link

Apparently, Hyuk was in the final negotiations to act in the Hollywood film - Green Hornet :blink: but from what I gather of the article's translation is that Hyuk chose to take up Chuno instead, and then of course the rest is history... :)

There are some other stuff in the article,will try to find some time to translate tomorrow.

Anybody have streaming links to the Section TV coverage of Eider?

I thought everyone has already seen this vid from zoi's blog. She posted this vid to YT 3 wks ago. zoi's learning smarter now by editing/adding some of her slides in her vids to avoid the copyright problems and suspense of her YT accts :D

eider-2011 Jang Hyuk,Chun Jung-myung[2011.2.20 on tv]

source: zoi

• 2 weeks later...

Oh this thread has been quiet for sometime. Sorry I have been rather busy too.

Just wanted to write a short update that Hyuk is busy filming Midas almost in real time now (no thanks to the terrible korean drama filming system). But the news is that he has been confirmed to be in another saguek (historical drama)produced by Sidus (his agency). This drama is slated for end Sep on SBS. The number of eps are said to be 24.

A shot that I like of Hyuk. See post 9 of the link.

Pix on Baidu forum

I just found SBS's facebook page, see link below:

SBS on facebook

I also find this article from dramabeans interesting (there is some mention about Midas). It talks about the horrible (to me) filming system in Korea, but you can learn about the countries systems as well from the comments section.

dramabeans article

Midas ratings are not the highest in its timeslot or even very high, but for the kind of financial/biz story, I think if they can maintain at 12+ it will be consider very good :)

Guest adikkeluangman

Jang Hyuk and Lee Min Jung become faces of Korean money?

201103272335291001_1.jpg

Jang Hyuk and Lee Min Jung recently became models of a 50,000 won parody.

A fan of SBS drama Midus by the ID name Son Doori recently posted a photo-shopped picture of Jang Hyuk and Lee Min Jung’s faces plastered on the 50000 won bill. In the picture, the bill specifically includes details stating that this bill is accepted at different banks including Dohyun, Jungyeon and Jaemoon. Furthermore, the bill is also creating a lot of laughter because of its Midus label representing the president of Korean banks. Lee Min Jung had the honor of being a model for both the 50,000 won and 10,000 won bills.

Netizens who viewed these bill pictures stated, “Seeing the actor and actress plastered on bills makes their expressions really cool,” and “Seeing the actress on a 50000 bill like this makes her look really elegant.” PD Nam Tae Jin stated regarding these bills, “Even our staff who viewed the bill parodies are amazed by it. We are thankful towards the fans. It gave us a lot of strength to continue on with the drama and provide fans with an even better storyline.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/03/jang-hyuk-and-lee-min-jung-become-faces-of-korean-money

:) Hyuk attending Hugo boss event:

baidu forum

post 3 onwards.

:) DC fans visited Hyuk on the set of Midas.

See post 2:baidu forum

Thank you for the links qwenli. I really like Jang Hyuk as an actor. It seams like he is a good person as well.

I first saw Hyuk in Chuno and was mesmerized. Chuno was CRAZY good. It was also my first ever Korean drama so it has a special place in my heart. The part where he is being hung and screems out DAEGILAAAA. Will stay in my mind forever. I was like. OH My Gosh! Did they just kill Daegil??? Is he dead??? O to Kay!! It was my first Kdrama so I had no clue what to expect. Chuno opened the doors to my kdrama obsessions and Hyuk is a big part of that.

Any who, Just stopping by to show some love :)

Oh welcome Tjack, do come by and post often!

Chuno is your first K drama? :w00t: Am glad you started with a good production! You must be fairly young or just happend to chance upon Chuno?

Hyuk is in a new drama Midas now yeah. :)