qwenli: Thanks girl! OJH's incident must be really funny. I wish there are BTS video about it :lol:. Oooh Hyuk gave away his script? Gosh lucky fans!!

Jill: Ahh yes yes! Tazza sauna scene! And let's not forget Thank You shower scene either. Hehehe...Come to think of it lately the only drama where he hasn't had a shower scene is Chuno...but he was half nekkid for almost half of the drama anyway over there so no need for a showe scene,no? :lol: I think we'll need the fan (thanks Jill), tissues for nosebleed, then...what else? lol

There will also be a boxing scene in Midas...Shade of Robbers anyone? hehehe...

Ah Jill unfortunately I think Hyuk will sport that hairstyle. Cuz the pic that he posted under Midas filming showed him in that hairstyle...but we'll see if he keeps it like that the whole time or if he'll have a hairstyle change later.

EDIT:

Girls...any link to Hyuk's Entertainment Relay interview?

Saw on DC Hyuk that he was on that program on the 8th. There's a clip on DC Hyuk but it's loading slow....

http://gall.dcinside.com/janghyuk/35572

Pic from KBS Ent Relay

Cr: DC Jang Hyuk

entrel1.jpg

entrel2.jpg

entrel3.jpg

entrel4.jpg

entrel5.jpg

more

entrel6.th.jpg entrel7.th.jpg entrel8.th.jpg entrel9.th.jpg entrel10.th.jpg

Hyuk has such nice skin. His milky white complexion is definitely back.

Guest Jill4675

There will also be a boxing scene in Midas...Shade of Robbers anyone? hehehe...

:sweatingbullets: Maybe we'll get some more one-thumb (!) pushups????

th_robberse11korhdtvxvidenkt5-1.jpgth_robberse11korhdtvxvidenwl0.jpg

Ah Jill unfortunately I think Hyuk will sport that hairstyle. Cuz the pic that he posted under Midas filming showed him in that hairstyle...but we'll see if he keeps it like that the whole time or if he'll have a hairstyle change later.

Well, I might have to sneak onto the set and have a talk with that hair stylist guy!!! devil-laugh.gif

sunglasses2.gif

Guest jen2010

Ocha, Thanks for sharing the video.

He looks so good in them :wub:

Look at his mesmerising eyes

entrel1.jpg

Cant' wait to watch Midas

Only hoping that it wont be a sad ending. I really don't want to see another Dae Gil. :tears:

Hyukie & his chicken promotion (i think)

http://www.mgoon.com/view.htm?id=4307137

I can't understand him but he sure looks serious talking about the chicken :lol:

Jill - Yes it was "scissors, rock and paper" game, I dun know why I suddenly couldnt translate it!

hi the good news is that Hyuk's china rep is going to translate this interview, so we will know what he talked about very soon.

Two of the things he said were:

- when he, his wife and his two kids go out, its like one mum with 3 kids. :D (I interpret this as becos he is always not at home, so he probably dun knw what the kids need or where things are)

- becos the interviewer asked, he said he is still managing his own finance and did not pass on the job to his wife (you know most korean wives hold all the purse strings) but he jokingly said that he will pass it to her soon. :P

Girls...any link to Hyuk's Entertainment Relay interview?

Saw on DC Hyuk that he was on that program on the 8th. There's a clip on DC Hyuk but it's loading slow....

http://gall.dcinside.../janghyuk/35572

ocha: Here is the link for the KBS Entertainment Weekly that Hyuk was interviewed.

Hyuk appears at 29:32 in the vid.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/n869EoF1oHg/

Jill: I know Hyuk's new hairstyle is a little too common. His Kim Do Hyun character in Midas was supposed to be 29 years old and changed to 31 now. This hairstyle does make him look very young in addition to his clean shaved face. I do like the new image of a younger Hyuk for a change since Chuno. So I'm quite happy now.

Coke of Baidu said Midas reminded her of the "Devil's Advocate". I do agree very much and there're lots of similarities of Hyuk and Keanu Reeves' characters.

Thanks haha!

Been sick the who,e day today but though I check soompi before I conk out.

Good point on Do Hyun being The Devil's Advocate. I see the similarity now. I can't wait to see Hyk's take on that role.

Oh I love Keanu Reeves in the Devil's advocate. Interesting!

Ocha - take care! Lots of people around me are sick too, eat medicine, take vitamins and have a good rest!

-------------------------------------------

Lee Min Jung talks about Jang Hyuk during interview:

Interviewer: Do you feel that you still have alot of stuff that hv not been shown to the viewers?

Lee Min Jung: Actually all along I did not have much chance to show viewers much. However I feel such late blooming is good, I dont have so much pressure to keep up (laugh). Midas is scriptwriter Choi's drama so I really look forward to it. Plus I can work with Kim Hee Ae and Jang hyuk sunbae (seniors), I am very excited about this part.

Interviewer: Mr Jang Hyuk, how is he?

Lee Min Jung: He is really the personification of the word earnest. I received his calls a few times. His calls were" Min Jung ah, I am at Apgujeong dong, can you come out and read the script with me?", in terms of preparation and sincerity to act, he is really the best (zzang).

Uri Hyuk is hardworking!!! :P

Jill: Thanks for the fan. I do need that for our Hyukie in the shower and sauna scenes. So glad we still get to see Hyuk's six pack abs (no more chocolate) even in winter time. The production team wants to give audience some perks to insure ratings.

o-cha: I hope you feel better. We do have lots of rain and unusual cold weather this winter in California. Anyway, take plenty of fluids, rests and multivitamins. I take multivitamins whenever I feel weak and they do work magic on me after a nap or sleep.

qwenli: Oooh Da Hae is going to be besides herself..fuming again that Hyuk called LMJ "Min Jung-ah" and called her "Da Hae-ssi" :lol:. It's such a Hyuk like thing to be so serious and call on his co-star to read together with him ..hehehe..but that's why we love our hardworking Hyuk, right?

hahatk: Thanks. I feel better today. At least can think straight hehehe. On Tuesday my brain wasn't inside my head lol

So seems like Hyuk's sunglasses are being auctioned for charity?

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=003&aid=0003637964

장혁 선글라스·한예슬 목걸이…'사랑나눔경매'

Jang Hyuk's sunglasses, Han Ye Seul's necklace..."Share Love Auction"

NISI20110112_0003919708_web.jpg

hey fellow singaporean fans!!!!

i received trustworthy info that Jang Hyuk will be coming to Singapore on the 17th of Jan, his flight's in the afternoon. He's coming as a VIP for some new TV channel launch or something. Let's go and greet him!!!!!! :)))

cool! heard he's arriving in Changi airport around like..around 2?! is that so..?

YES hahatk dear! Seems like our Hyukie is doing another sageuk according to that article. He is in such high demands for sure.

[단독] 장혁 ‘선덕여왕’ 김영현 차기작 ‘뿌리깊은나무’ 주연 낙점

Jang Hyuk Chosen to Appear in writer Kim Yung Hyun (Queen Seondeok)'s 'Deeply Rooted Tree'

[2011-01-14 10:01:39]

[뉴스엔 이재환 기자]

[Newsen Lee Jae Hwan reporting]

지난해 드라마 '추노'를 통해 '짐승남' 돌풍을 일으킨 장혁이 '선덕여왕' 김영현-박상연 콤비와 손잡고 다시 한번 사극에 도전한다.

Jang Hyuk, who created the 'Beastly Man' sensation through 'Chuno', will work with the duo of Kim Yung Hyun-Park Sang Yun for a sageuk.

작가 김영현 박상현 콤비의 차기작 '뿌리깊은 나무'에 장혁이 남자 주인공 강채윤으로 발탁된 것. '뿌리깊은 나무'는 올 여름 지상파 방송사를 통해 방송될 예정으로 현재 구체적인 캐스팅 작업을 진행 중이다. 당초 MBC에서 방송될 예정이었지만 최근 SBS를 통해 9월께 방송되는 것으로 편성이 협의 중인 것으로 전해졌다.

Jang Hyuk has been chosen as the male lead for Kim Yung Hyun & Park Sang Hyun's 'Deeply Rooted Tree'. 'Deeply Rooted Tree' is planning for a summer broadcast and is currently in the process of finalizing its casting. Although originally planned for MBC, there are discussions that it might be broadcasted on SBS in September.

한 관계자는 "장혁이 '뿌리깊은 나무'에 사실상 캐스팅됐다"며 "다른 주요 출연진의 캐스팅이 진행되고 있다"고 귀띔했다.

A representative hinted "Actually Jang Hyuk has been cast in 'Deeply Rooted Tree'" "We are in the middle of casting the other main casts."

'뿌리깊은 나무'는 싸이더스HQ가 제작한다. '대장금' '선덕여왕' 등을 통해 스타 작가로 각인된 '시청률 불패' 김영현 작가의 차기작으로 방송가에서는 이 작품을 서로 편성하겠다고 의욕을 보이고 있는 작품. 또 누가 주인공이 되냐에 깊은 관심을 보이고 있었다.

'Deeply Rooted Tree' will be produced by Sidus HQ. Through 'Dae Jang Geum', 'Queen Seondeok' and others, star writer Kim Yung Hyun has gathered 'invincible ratings'. The writer has expressed his desire to organize this work himself. (Maybe directing??). There's great interest in who is to be the main lead.

지난해 말 MBC에서 편성을 확정, 발표했지만 최근 제작사 측이 SBS와 편성을 논의, SBS를 통해 방송되는 쪽으로 급선회하고 있다.

At the end of last year it was confirmed to be (shown) in MBC, but there are talks that the production team were in talks with SBS recently that they are switching over to SBS.

이와 관련 한 관계자는 "최근 SBS를 통해 방송되는 것으로 이야기가 되는 것으로 안다"며 "조만간 최종 확정이 될 것으로 안다"고 전했다.

Related to this a representative said "It is known that there are recent talks with SBS to broadcast this (drama)" "The decision will be finalized soon"

'뿌리깊은 나무'는 이정명의 동명소설을 원작으로 한다. 훈민정음 반포 전 7일간 경복궁에서 벌어지는 집현전학사 연쇄살인사건을 다룬 역사 스릴러물. 주인공 강채윤은 사건수사를 맡은 말단 겸사복으로 명민한 두뇌를 가진 인물이다.

'Deeply Rooted Tree' is originally a Lee Jung Myung's novel with the same name. It is about the serial killings during the 7 days before the announcement of the Korean script. The hero Kang Chae Yoon is a brilliant character who instigated the investigation of the incidents.

한편 장혁은 오는 3월 첫방송되는 김희애 이민정 노민우 주연 SBS 미니시리즈 '마이더스' 촬영으로 바쁜 나날을 보내고 있다.

Meanwhile Jang Hyuk is busy with the SBS miniseries 'Midas' starring alongside Kim Hee Ae, Lee Min Jung and Noh Min Woo scheduled for a March premiere.

이재환 star@newsen.com

Goshhhh Hyuk is gonna be one busy man.

I want him to do Deep Root Tree...but maybe not THAT soon....I mean Midas won't be done till apr or may.

The new sageuk is tentatively scheduled for Sep...which means shooting in jul or aug the latest....

So his rest is 2 months? And we know he'd have to promote Midas too...gaaahhhh

The thing is Deep Rooted Tree is almost a 100 percent. It's a Sidus production....no way there's gonna be contract problem : lol:

We know Hyuk is fiercely loyal to sidus....he won't be able to say no to them.

I guess time to look at sidus and noa actresses..since most likely actress will also be from one of the those 2 agencies under iHQ, right?

Edit: could it be the actress that walked the red carpet with Hyuk during the kbs daesang? Her name is oh ji eun I think? She's been matched with Hyuk a lof lately...maybe it's part of sidus's grand plan for deep rooted tree?

After the lesson of Secret Garden, not sure if this is just gossip or rumor. Let's wait and see.

I'm not very into sageuk kdrama but I'm very exciting to learn Hyuk's doing a sageuk brilliant investigator. It means Hyuk's going to show off his brilliant martial arts as well as his great acting. I love mystery and thriller.

2 dramas and a movie this year so far, his schedule is quite tight. Hope he has enough rests even though I know it's impossible.

winged and sheva88: I have no idea if Hyuk's really going to Singapore on Jan 17. Anyway, you may try to send message to marizzposa to get more info. If Hyuk's in Singapore, please take lots of pics of him and post them here :P

True after SG we're all a bit wary of casting news..but since this is a Sidus produced drama the likelihood of him doing it is exponentially higher.

This time for Deep Rooted Tree, I'd want to see a noble Jang Hyuk...Dae Gil was a bit too dirty for me :lol:

Ok a bit more news on Hyuk's involvement in Deep Rooted Tree

http://osen.mt.co.kr/news/view.html?gid=G1101140243

장혁의 소속사 관계자는 14일 오후 OSEN과의 전화통화에서 “소속사에서 제작하는 작품인 만큼 출연을 긍정적으로 검토 중인 것은 맞지만 아직 확정되지 않았다. 현재는 영화 ‘의뢰인’과

드라마 ‘마이더스’ 출연에 주력할 예정이다. 그 후 스케줄에 대해서는 추후 논의할 것”이라고 말을 아꼈다.

A representative from Jang Hyuk's company talked to OSEN on the 14th via phone "It's true that he is looking favorably into participating in this drama made by our company but it's not confirmed yet. He is currently focused on the movie 'The Client' and drama 'Midas'. We'll discuss his schedule after those at a later time."

EDIT:

REgarding Hyuk going to Singapore...Hyuk's manager confirmed it on DC Jang Hyuk

Jang Hyuk will be going to Singapore and Malaysia to promote the drama Midas. He will leave Korea on Monday and return home on Wednesday.

So all singapore and malaysian fans..stalk stalk stalk!!!

So, are Sidus and SBS very close? Are they somehow related ? Anyway, I do hope Hyuk will take on this role in this sageuk drama.

Edit: could it be the actress that walked the red carpet with Hyuk during the kbs daesang? Her name is oh ji eun I think? She's been matched with Hyuk a lof lately...maybe it's part of sidus's grand plan for deep rooted tree?

o-cha: Now that you mentioned about this lady, Oh Ji Eun, then I recalled she's also the lady interviewed with Hyuk in the MBC Section TV.

http://tieba.baidu.com/%D5%C5%BA%D5/shipin/play/327297f7be20bb2adac440d4

I had no idea why she was sitting with Hyuk in the interview. Is she new in Sidus? Seems like whenever Sidus want more exposure of their artists, Hyuk is the nice guy to take care of them. Anyway, Oh Ji Eun has some resemblance to Song Hye Gyo in my opinion. Her smile is pleasant. I don't mind if she'll have any parts in Deep Rooted Tree.

Hyuk is really going to Singapore! Is it a bit too soon in promoting Midas now? Hyuk's gona be there for 3 days! That's a little surprising knowing he has very tight schedule shooting back to back of a drama and a movie.

2 pics of Hyuk's hair designer, Mr. Lee and Hyuk. Everyone in Baidu is talking about he has a crush on Hyuk :phew: What a lucky guy !

224345821.jpg

224345473%20%281%29.jpg

oh he is really going SIngapore? oh too bad I am not there :(

But so strange that he is there to promote Midas, I would have thought he is there for Chuno. Unless they are trying to sell Midas's rights.

Anyway, hope the Singapore and Malaysia fans take a lot of pictures! Hyuk shd be familiar with Singapore, he filmed Dance of the dragon there a few years back. ^_^

Guest Jill4675

Hi, gang...thanks for all the news and pics...haven't I always said that hairdresser guy is in love with Hyuk??? :lol:

My only concern with the new sageuk role is that the writer is the same one who did Queen Seon Deok (didn't watch, wasn't interested) and Dae Jang Geum, which I watched only some of as I did not like it much...so it's a bit concerning to me that the script may likely be lacking. And when the script is lacking, I am not a happy camper. We had Tazza (confused script and bad pairing with the female lead). We had Chuno (let's face it, bad script, very BAD script).

Time to get out the rabbits' feet, lucky charms, magic spells, and anything else you can muster so that we don't end up frustrated and generally p*ssed off once again!!!! :angry:

sunglasses2.gif

Hmmm not sure about SBS and Sidus but Robbers was an SBS show produced by Sidus, right? Although Thank You in MBC was also produced by Sidus....so hmmm...

Ow..the hairdresser Mr Lee sure loves Hyuk..hehe..every time they take pictures together he always puts his head on Hyuk's shoulders..lol

Gaaaaddd Hyuk looks so clean shaven.

Qwenli: I'm guessing Chuno is old news now? People in Singapore and m'sia probably already watched it already hehe. But yeah still strange why he'd be doing Midas promotion while they are still shooting.

Jill: agree on Tazza. chuno's storyline is actually interesting..just that it had terrible pacing and towards the end the story quality went down a lot..but it did start very well I thought. And we can't hate Chuno much since that drama gave us Daegil and a Daesang hehe.

I didn't watch QSD either though I liked Dae Jang Geum 5 years ago. Actually my favorite Hyuk drama is still Thank You...I wish he'd get a chance to work with writer Lee Kyung Hee again..now Thank You that was a good script with good acting and the right directing.