Guest jen2010

From Zoi's blog, he didn't mention. Zoi pointed out that theres a pinned mic on his jacket. Maybe its part of some tv program that he will appear in?

But saw from Hyuk's log, theres something more to the entry

1명 한류문화대상 시상식이 있던 지난..2개의 댓글을 달았습니다. 약 16시간전

We'll need o-cha help to translate this ~

Oh, he just update his entry a while ago

새로 시작한 복싱. 체력관리를 위해 2달전 부터 시작했습니다. 물론 절권도는 집에서 꾸준히 합니다

64764231_74429.jpg

(whatever it means :P its probably about his boxing training, maybe he'll reveal why is he training for this)

Hahatk, I share the same sentiments when I watched Secret Garden

SG seems like a refreshed change from all those heavy stuff hes been doing all this while

Its a pity that the project falls through :(

I think it is nice that he rode the train. Nothing like being green that makes someone even more attractive..hehehe

Thanks Jen!

Yup Hyuk said he has started boxing again. He started 2 weeks ago. But he also said that of course he still practices jeet kune do at home :lol:

Well the boxing explains those cuts on his knuckles....

I think he goes to the boxing place with his hyung Kim Soo Ro. There are pics of ksr in the same boxing gym.

Yup it is too bad he couldn't do secret garden. Hyun Bin is doing a great job, but I'd be really curious to see hyuk's take on the role.

Eatnsnooze....we all want hyuk to have a haircut too..it's getting too long....although I think I will miss the long hair once he cuts them off.

Hi Jen - Thanks for posting the pix and the clog stuff.

I read on the Chinese forum that he took the train because the awards people arranged for him to be interviewed in the train. Kind of strange but unique! The train station that he got off was to Mapo - Gongdeok station. The same train station where I used the last time I stay in Seoul. heehee. Seems like we always go to the same places. yeah i am delusional.

Yeah I noticed that there is a camera in the boxing gym pix. Could be some other interview.

hahatk - I went to watch Secret Garden out of curiousity also, and it really surprised me that I like it given that I am not the fan of either of the leads. Its really funny and the sets are fantastic. It would have been interesting to see how Hyuk act out that role with all the imaginary stuff, but I think maybe it didnt suit his style of serious roles as well.

Anyway,I will be travelling again for the next few days, so do post any Hyuk pix or news here to keep the thread going!

Hyuk will be in Pusan on the 18th for the launching of XBox Kinect starting from 10AM. Hopefully some fans can take pics of Hyuk playing the game.

2010-11-15~2010-11-21 영화 <의뢰인> 촬영준비

18일 < G-Star 2010 국제게임전시회 > 사인회 AM 10:00 - 부산 벡스코

2010-11-15~2010-11-21 Preparation for movie <The Client>

18th <G-Star 2010 International Game Exhibition> Signing 10:00AM - Pusan Bexco

qwenli: Have fun on your travels!

jen: would you be able to translate this interview? Interview from Anan magazine

I thought it would be better to have translation straight from Japanese rather than Japanese to Korean then to English..hehehe

ananw850px2.jpg

ananw850px1.jpg

「anan 1713号」11/17日号 発売日:11/10発売

【僕自身より、役を応援してもらいたい】

「チュノ~推奴~」は、<WBR>男たちの肉体がクローズアップされた作品であったので、放送直後は、韓国でもこういった(裸の)<WBR>撮影は多かったんです。

でも、当時ちょっとやりすぎたかなと思って、自制して(笑)。

そちらにばかり注目がいってしまったのではないかと。

だから、服を脱ぐ仕事は、実は結構ひさしぶりなんですよね。

僕は、個性や時がを主張するような性格ではないし、<WBR>引かして来どこにでもよくとけ込めるタイプです。

俳優という職業も、<WBR>作品を通じて様々なパターンのイメージを構築していくものなので、例えば「モムチャン(ナイスバディ)」とか 「男くさい」というように、<WBR>方向性を一つにきめるようなことはせず、<WBR>フレキキブルにやっていきたいと思っています。

男性ファンが多いとよく言われますが、「推奴」もそうだったし、<WBR>それ以前の作品でも、<WBR>男性的なキャラクターを演じることが多かったからでしょうね。 役柄の影響で応援してくれる方は、<WBR>俳優としてとてもありがたいです。

日本で僕を応援してくれるファンは、女性が多いですか?

そうですか....。 結婚後にそういうことを聞くと、ちょっと残念ですね、なんて~(笑)

(번역기 돌린것 ->)

나 자신보다 캐릭터를 응원해주면 좋겠어요

<추노>는 남자들의 육체가 부각된 작품 이었기 때문에, 방송 직후 한국에서도 이런 (누드) 촬영은 많았죠.

하지만 당시 조금 지나친거 아닌가라는 생각에 자제하려 했습니다.(웃음).

너무 그쪽에만 지나친 관심이 집중된거 아닌가 하고요.

그래서 옷을 벗는 일은 사실 제법 오래간만입니다.

저는 개성과 시간을 주장하는 성격이 아니고, 끌어당겨 어디든지 잘 풀어담는 타입입니다.(-->??? ㅋ 무슨말인지 잘 모르겠음 ^^)

배우라는 직업도, 작품을 통해 다양한 패턴의 이미지를 구축해 나가는 것이므로, 예를 들면 "몸짱 "혹은 "사내냄새가 난다"같은,

방향성을 하나로 정하지는 않고, '후레키키부루'(???? ㅋㅋ) 해 나가고 싶습니다.

남성팬이 많은걸로 자주 일컬어집니다만, <추노>도 그랬고, 그 이전의 작품도 그렇고, 남성적인 캐릭터를 연기한 적이 많았기 때문입니다. 캐릭터를 좋아해주시고 응원해주면, 배우로서 매우 고맙습니다.

일본에서 저를 응원해주는 팬들은 여자가 많다고요?

그래요? . . . . 결혼 후에 그런 것을 듣게 되서 조금 유감이네요, 라고 (웃음)

Guest jen2010

Let me try, do correct me if I have translated wrongly :P

「anan 1713号」11/17日号 発売日:11/10発売

【僕自身より、役を応援してもらいたい】

"Instead of me, I would like people to support the character I played"

「チュノ~推奴~」は、<WBR>男たちの肉体がクローズアップされた作品であったので、放送直後は、韓国でもこういった(裸の)<WBR>撮影は多かったんです。

Chuno is a project that has many close up of men's body.

Right after it was on air, there is many such (naked) photo sessions in Korea.

でも、当時ちょっとやりすぎたかなと思って、自制して(笑)。

But I thought it went a bit overboard then, so I stopped doing it

そちらにばかり注目がいってしまったのではないかと。

THinking to myself if these is what that attract all the attention.

だから、服を脱ぐ仕事は、実は結構ひさしぶりなんですよね。

Therefore, it has been ages since I do work that takes off clothes.

僕は、個性や時がを主張するような性格ではないし、<WBR>引かして来どこにでもよくとけ込めるタイプです。

I am not someone who is assertive? (I am not too sure how to translate this). Comparatively, I am someone who blends in (?).

俳優という職業も、<WBR>作品を通じて様々なパターンのイメージを構築していくものなので、例えば「モムチャン(ナイスバディ)」とか 

The work of an actor is to create various images through work. For example, nice buddy (?)need not be portrayed in a very one-directional man-like way. I would like to maintain flexibility in the portrayal. (please correct me if I am wrong, this is what I guess from the paragraph)

男性ファンが多いとよく言われますが、「推奴」もそうだったし、<WBR>それ以前の作品でも、<WBR>男性的なキャラクターを演じることが多かったからでしょうね。 役柄の影響で応援してくれる方は、<WBR>俳優としてとてもありがたいです。

People always said that I have many male fans. I thought maybe it is because I acted in many masculine character, including the character in Chuno. As an actor, I am thankful to people who support me because of the influence of the character that I portrayed.

日本で僕を応援してくれるファンは、女性が多いですか?

Fans in Japan are mostly female?

そうですか....。 結婚後にそういうことを聞くと、ちょっと残念ですね、なんて~(笑)

I feel a bit sorry when I heard this after I got married (laugh)

There's quite a few photos from the game event today & a photo of Hyuk with a bike. Not sure what is it for

http://1janghyuk.blog17.fc2.com/blog-entry-2257.html

http://1janghyuk.blog17.fc2.com/blog-entry-2256.html

Also read from Baidu that Hyuk may be coming to Spore because of Chuno's nomination in some tv drama award? :P

Thanks Jen! So hyk was limiting his topless shots..lol..well we like him either way..fully clothed or the other way..hahaha

There are so many pics on the news about Hyuk and the xbkx kinect launching. I am on my iPad right now..will post pics later when I'm back home.

Hyuk going to Singapore? Sg fans better get ready to stalk then..hehehe.

Guest Jill4675

Hi, girls! I got back from Yangon last night and am in Singapore for a few days. My friend whom I was traveling with left to return to the US tonight. I'm posting some pics, catching up on mail, and I just took a fast look at our thread here. Wow, some BEAUTIFUL pics you all have been putting up! :wub:

At least I was only a couple of pages behind. I appreciate seeing the Baidu pics reposted here because this Internet at my hotel is not the fastest and sometimes really slows down when a lot of people are using it.

My room is so huge, with two flat screen TVs, iPod dock/alarm clock (listening now), kitchenette (big fridge, microwave, coffemaker that uses the pods, etc.) There's a living room and separate bedroom.

Thanks to you all for the pics, news, etc. qwenli, the story about Hyuk in school was interesting...shows you the kind of person he is! :)

You can put me in the category of people who have no problem with his hair. I personally think he's gotten very used to it and likes having it long! :rolleyes:

I guess he'll have to cut it for Midas, as someone said...??

Back later...want to put some pics on flickr...

sunglasses2.gif

Guest dairykhang

Hi ^^, I was busy for few days, then I get back today and see many great news of Hyukie :wub:, beautiful pics andthe new drama, great :lol: .... a wonderful way to end a day :D

Thank you so much, translators ^^ :)

I'm still disappointed 'bout finding his raw video and soft or hard eng sub......just wish his korean fans can translate all the video into english... So love his variety show...especially Family Outing ep 66, 67 , he was really cool and funny, great sense of humour :D

So if anyone can help me and all the Vietnamese fan 'bout this, please pm me. Thanks.

[Guess I have to learn Korean or Chinese :))]

Love u hyukie aaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks jen for translating this magazine interview. If Hyuk was thinking not to expose his body for a long long time because pple're paying too much attention to his body instead of his acting, he's deadly wrong. It would be a waste of his hard workout and I appreciate both his acting and body :wub:

Hey jill we miss you here. Guess you're having a good time in your Asia trip. Hope you're taking lots of wonderful pics to share with us.

dairykhang: I can't find the variety shows with eng sub that you want. qwenli's probably working on the eng sub but I don't know which program.

Hi samzz . Thanks so much for posting the btw scene pics for us. It's so great to see the cast were getting along so well and happy off camera. It definitely relieves my pain of seeing the tragic life of DaeGil.

Guest Jill4675

Thanks jen for translating this magazine interview. If Hyuk was thinking not to expose his body for a long long time because pple're paying too much attention to his body instead of his acting, he's deadly wrong. It would be a waste of his hard workout and I appreciate both his acting and body :wub:

Hey jill we miss you here. Guess you're having a good time in your Asia trip. Hope you're taking lots of wonderful pics to share with us.

Hi samzz . Thanks so much for posting the btw scene pics for us. It's so great to see the cast were getting along so well and happy off camera. It definitely relieves my pain of seeing the tragic life of DaeGil.

Hi, hahatk! I agree with your comments re body/acting! And I also was glad to see the pics posted by samzz, because the happy smiles helped me ignore DaeGil's suffering! ;)

Some pics can be seen at my flickr page...I will be slowly adding to them...

sunglasses2.gif

Guest dairykhang

Thanks Samzz, the pics are awsome ^^, I couldn't stop crying when I saw those scenes on drama.

But now it becomes better seeing he smile :D

YEAAHH! He finally cut his hair. So at the very least we know that's the hairstyle he'll most likely be sporting for 'The Client'. It's amazing what a difference a hairstyle can do. He totally rocks a different vibe from the previously really long locks. He looks good with this hairstyle.

jen: thanks for posting those pics babe!

samzz: just looking at Chuno pics make me happy..I was rewatching Chuno episode 10 not too long ago...boy how I miss Chuno.

dairykhang : yeaah we don't have that many of Hyuk's videos in English. I know qwenli is working on translating Hyuk's Win Win appearance but it'll probably be some time until she's finished because she's travelling right now.

Jill: Glad to have you back. Saw some of your travel pics..beautiful!

more pics from the 2nd Korea Jewelry Award

20101122_1290423804_10075900_1.jpg

20101122_1290423456_15734600_1.jpg

NISI20101122_0003721723_web.jpg

I wonder if Hyuk and Jang Hee Jin took the company car together :lol:

BTW Hyuk's bowtie is cool! studded bow tie? hyukie the fashionista would wear something like that for sure.

Regarding the G-Star XBox Kinnect launching event in Pusan last week

http://xportsnews.hankyung.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=137217

This article praised Jang Hyuk's impact. The article said that with Jang Hyuk's status as a top star the event was a success...it was covered by a lot of media.

1290100329355.jpg

1290100339396.jpg

1290100371459.jpg

1290060096263.jpg

gaaah that last pic..he looks so handsome.

Anyway apparently our Hyukie won the 'Ruby Award' at the Jewelry Award. No idea what the basis of this award is..hehehe..but still an award is an award, right? :lol:

Lee Min Jung also won the Ruby award. I guess now we know why Hyuk has red gems on his bowtie.

ea41090e50cde633989a1ed2f1c2c030_550.sized.jpg

VOD from the event can be found here

http://sstv.freechal.com/index.html?page=news/flypage&nid=94428&cid=24

It's nice to see Hyukie and Min Jung intereacting on stage.

Hi everyone, am back home. :P

Thanks for all the news,pix and video.

Samzz - the Chuno pix are real funny! :)

Am half way thru the Win Win translation but need to check on some technical stuff first before I continue further.

Because Hyuk has so many events and news this year, I think the first page is going to run of space with updates. I am thinking of creating a blog just to file these infor so that it is easier for new fans to read, rather than going thru page by page on Soompi. I thought about this because what I find lacking is a English site for Hyuk (unless I am mistaken)Except Soompi of course, but Soompi is a forum.

What do you guys think? Actually I have signed up for a space on blogspot and will start archiving some information there. But will welcome any suggestions. Also, blogspot allows multiple log ins, so there can be several contributors. It is not meant to be a replacement of Soompi, I mean we have so much fun chatting here. :) The idea is like a calendar/archive.

Oh, I forgot to say that I love LOVE his new hair. Altho it remind me of someone, I cant remember who, oh yes = kim Jae wook (is that his name?) hairstyle in Bad Guy (the guy who speak Japanese). Anyway still love his new look. Handsome!

EDIT: the north and south is at it again. :wacko: Think luckily Hyuk didnt take up Poseidon otherwise I think there will really be issues...

that's a great idea qwenli! (welcome back too!)

We can post news on the blog and still talk and speculate about stuff on soompi too.

Scans of Hyuk on December issue of GQ

cr: DC Jang Hyuk

gq1.jpg

gq2x.jpg

gq3y.jpg

gq4b.jpg

long hair...you will be missed..but you've been with Hyuk for a while and we're ready to embrace the new shorter hairstyle :lol:

OOT...yeah in a way it's a good thing he's not doing Poseidon. They seem to have a lot of outdoor shooting in the cold..brrr... (and of course the latest North-South issue is just worrying)

Guest dairykhang

Thanks qwenli so much, waiting for the tranlation :D

I know a little about video stuff, so if there's any problem with the encode part, I can help, you just need to give me where to find the raw video and your soft sub.

Blogspot is a great idea :D, I even want to have a international forum for him but the host is such a problem.... Anyway, looking for your blogspot ^^

PS: love ur scans qwenli ^^

qwenli : I just emailed you re: the softsubs.

dairykhang: yeaaayy..good good if you know about video stuff. qwenli and I might need your help later once we're done with the translation. ;)

Where is hahatk? I thought I saw her reading earlier..haha dear where are you? hehehehe

Hyuk's schedule for the week

cr: Jang Hyuk's official Sidus site

2010-11-22~2010-11-28 영화 <의뢰인> 준비 및 촬영

2010-11-22~2010-11-28 Movie <The Client> preparation and Shooting

YAY! They're shooting this week. I wonder how long it'll take.