Guest Jill4675

I was kinda allergic to Hyuk and Jang Nara in Successful Bright Girl.. and you guys know about the Hyuk-HYS chemistry right?

:lol: No, I don't...because there wasn't any!!!! LOL! :rolleyes: May they NEVER appear together again in a drama... tongue2.gif

I hope and pray that whatever his next drama is, he will have a worthy romantic interest...and a decent script to go along with it... <_<

I hope we can get some information soon on what's coming up for him! :(

th_sunglasses2.gif

No drama news, but a China source say that Hyuk is invited to HK at the end of the month for some event of Hugo Boss's Orange line at the upmarket IFC mall.

Am happy that Hyuk is moving upmarket gradually - finally a link with an international label!

Another great news is, when the Taiwanese fan went to Seoul, I have asked her to pass a letter to Hyuk to tell him about our Soompi thread. And she managed to do it! So maybe one day, Hyuk will visit us on our thread. :wub:

Guest eatnsnooze

:lol: No, I don't...because there wasn't any!!!! LOL! :rolleyes: May they NEVER appear together again in a drama... tongue2.gif

Come come, be a little more optimistic. HYS has somewhat improved her acting and maybe 2nd time will be the charm? :phew:

Hahahahaha boy are we harsh on Hyuk-HYS chemistry..but it is true. They have zero chemistry together. Awww I actually like the Jang Na Ra-Jang Hyuk combo...I thought for that time the drama was cute.

ripgal: I never watched Pasta..heard good things about it. I like Gong Hyo Jin but indifferent towards Lee Sun Gyun...and you said the writing's not that great? I'll probably skip then...hehehe.

qwenli: I hope he does visit this thread in the future. At the very least maybe his manager can :lol: .Hyuk and Hugo Boss? Perfect combination!

Hyuk's best buddy Kim Jong Kook was on Kim Jung Eun's Chocolate and talked a little bit about Hyuk.

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201010111436321001

김종국 “아내에 잡혀사는 장혁, 축지법 배운줄 알았다”

[뉴스엔 전원 기자]

가수 김종국이 장혁의 아내 사랑에 대해 폭로했다.

Kim Jong Kook revealed about Jang Hyuk's love to his wife.

김종국은 10월 10일 방송된 SBS '김정은의 초콜릿'(이하 초콜릿)에서 장혁과의 에피소드를 공개했다.

Kim Jong Kook revealed this on the Oct 10 episode of SBS 'Kim Jong Eun's Chocolate'.

김종국은 "장혁은 아내를 무서워한다"며 "장혁은 잡혀 살기 때문에 빨리 집에 들어가야 한다"고 말했다.

Kim Jong Kook said "Jang Hyuk is afraid of his wife." "In order to live in his 'captivity' he goes home immediately."

이어 김종국은 "친한 지인들끼리 다같이 모였는데 장혁이 잠깐 자신의 집에 들렀다 가자고 하더라"며 "난 장혁이 무술 좋아하는 것은 알았지만 축지법을 익힌 사실은 몰랐다. 걸음이 엄청 빠르더라"고 말해 웃음을 자아냈다.

Kim Jong Kook followed "Even when he has gathering with close friends, he'd drop by his house for a while." "I am aware that Jang Hyuk knows martial arts but I had no idea he can do 'disappearing' magic. His steps are really fast." saying so with a laugh.

장혁은 연예계 대표적 애처가로 알려져 있다. 이에 대해 리쌍의 개리는 "김종국도 결혼하면 장혁처럼 될 것 같다"고 밝혔다. 그러자 김종국은 "나도 여자에게 맞추는 스타일이다"며 자랑스러워했다.

Jang Hyuk is known as the celebrity who is a devoted husband. Leessang's Gary added "When Kim Jong Kook gets married, he'll be just like Jang Hyuk." Kim Jong Kook said proudly "I'm the type who would listen to a woman."

한편 이날 개리는 "난 결혼이나 할 수 있을지 모르겠다"고 말해 모두를 폭소케 했다.

Meanwhile Gary said "I don't know if I can get married." causing everyone to laugh.

Mrs. Jang...you are one lucky woman for sure! :lol:

Guest Jill4675

Come come, be a little more optimistic. HYS has somewhat improved her acting and maybe 2nd time will be the charm? :phew:

Don't misunderstand me. I don't mean to put HYS down! Not at all! :o She had some good scenes in Tazza. But some combinations don't work and the pairing of JH and HYS was a failure. They just didn't click. I think most of us felt that way. I don't think it would change in the future. Of course, she'll have others she mixes well with! :)

Thanks for the translation, o-cha! :wub:

qwenli, I do think all the K stars should check out their Soompi threads...they should know what their international fans are saying!!! :lol:

If anyone wants to watch the Japan fan meeting on YouTube, Zoi, of course, has uploaded it: Fan meeting

th_sunglasses2.gif

we love zoi, don't we? ^_^

Nice to see fans holding Jang Hyuk sign in the rain for the Chuno fan meet.

yeah HYS actually has great chemistry with Oh Ji Ho in Fantasy Couple...but her and Hyuk..errrr...NO.

Hmmm..but Jill....they might be shocked at sometimes our perviness when they see our posts..hahahaha...

Since it's October already people over at DC are talking about who the Daesang winners will be..mostly they talk about who will win SBS or MBC daesang...nobody talks much about KBS daesang because pretty much everyone thinks the Daesang belongs to Hyuk :) . One person suggested Jeon Kwang Ryeol (Tak Goo's dad) but that was shot down by everybody..lol...another poster said "There's nothing in life that's 100% but 99% chance that Jang Hyuk will receive the Daesang." :lol: There really hasn't been any other this year on KBS that realistically could challenge Hyuk's performance as Dae Gil. Hyukie has been dilligently making his rounds at other award shows too...so I think the daesang is Hyuk's barring any unexplainable reason.

Update on Poseidon....heard that Poseidon might be on KBS instead of SBS. Also that Poseidon is scheduled to broadcast in January. They'll start shooting in November. I just wish we get an official confirmation or disconfirmation of Hyuk's participation.

Jill - thanks for the youtube link!

Ocha:

Thanks for the translation. Good to know Hyuk is treating his wife well, otherwise if I was her I wouldnt stand all the intimate shots with Da Hae you know! Maybe it just happened that he got to go home and do something or the gathering was near his home anyway but they just had to tease him.

About Daesangs, I dun know, I thought he will win last year but he didnt so I dun want to get too hype up on it. But its good to know that people on DC are drumming him up. Well if the people want it then they will have pressure to give it to him right?

Poseidon: now I have half a heart hoping he won't do it. I think the kdrama production people are a bit sick, how can they shoot a marine show in the depths of winter? I know they can go to some heated indoor pool but how can they heat up the sea? All the actors will just end up freezing. They should have shoot it in summer and broadcast it in winter to warm our hearts instead. :)

Or are they thinking of a story of Marine police in snowsuits?? :D:D

Jill - thanks for the youtube link!

Ocha:

Thanks for the translation. Good to know Hyuk is treating his wife well, otherwise if I was her I wouldnt stand all the intimate shots with Da Hae you know! Maybe it just happened that he got to go home and do something or the gathering was near his home anyway but they just had to tease him.

About Daesangs, I dun know, I thought he will win last year but he didnt so I dun want to get too hype up on it. But its good to know that people on DC are drumming him up. Well if the people want it then they will have pressure to give it to him right?

Poseidon: now I have half a heart hoping he won't do it. I think the kdrama production people are a bit sick, how can they shoot a marine show in the depths of winter? I know they can go to some heated indoor pool but how can they heat up the sea? All the actors will just end up freezing. They should have shoot it in summer and broadcast it in winter to warm our hearts instead. :)

Or are they thinking of a story of Marine police in snowsuits?? :D:D

Marine police in snowsuits? Hahaha qwenli u sure know how to crack us up.

So apparently Hyuk had 2 interviews with 2 magazines recently...GQ and something else. Hopefully we'll get to see them soon.

Nahhh I think Hyuk is afraid of his wife...hehehe...I think I remember in some interview b4 ...I can't remember who said it in a Chuno related interview that whenever his wife calls Hyuk would sit up straight and talk in a different way...was it Kim Ji Suk that said this..or Han Jung Soo?

I have to say..Hyukie looks good in a chef uniform! Maybe that's something that he can consider for his next role...hehehe

Wow the Chicken Mania shop looks cool..and it has pic of Hyuk....and fried chicken! could there be a better combination? Thanks for the link qwenli!

Hyukie will be singing(!!) at KJK's mini concert.

Reposting the article from KJK thread

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201010141008031002

김종국 첫 소극장 콘서트, 장혁-차태현-홍경민 ‘용띠클럽’ 지원사격

Kim Jong Kook's First Mini Concert, Jang Hyuk-Cha Tae Hyun-Hong Kyung Min 'Yongddi (Dragon) Club' To Show Support

[뉴스엔 이언혁 기자]

[Newsen Lee Un Hyuk reporting]

가수 김종국의 첫 소극장 콘서트에 장혁, 차태현, 홍경민 등 '76년생 용띠클럽' 친구들이 총출동 한다.

Jang Hyuk, Cha Tae Hyun, Hong Kyung Min-- all friends as part of '76 Yongddi(Dragon) Club' have mobilized for Kim Jong Kook's first mini concert.

김종국은 15~17일 사흘간 이화여대 삼성홀에서 '2010 김종국 콘서트 My Special Memory'를 연다. 이 자리에는 차태현과 홍경민은 물론 장혁도 함께한다. 이들은 노래는 물론, 유쾌한 입담으로 지원사격에 나선다.

On the 15th-17th Kim Jong Kook will hold '2010 Kim Jong Kook Concert My Special Memory' at Ewha University Samsung Hall. For this Cha Tae Hyun and Hong Kyung Min and even Jang Hyuk will come together. They will sing and share funny stories as part of their support.

리쌍 개리와 마이티마우스도 감초 역할을 자처했다. 또 다른 스페셜 게스트는 아직 공개되지 않았다.

Leessang's Gary and Mighty Mouth will also join. Also there is another special guest yet to be revealed.

공연 관계자는 “소극장이지만 출연하는 게스트는 기존 대형 무대에서 펼치는 것과 같은 규모”라며 “무대의 특성상 그 어느 공연보다 화려하고 풍성한 무대가 될 것”이라고 말했다.

A representative from the concert said "Although this is a mini concert, the invited guests and the preparations are that of a large scale event." "The performance will be more dazzling and rich than the stage."

김종국은 콘서트에서 노래방 애창곡을 공개하며 실제 친구들이 직접 출연해 어린 시절을 회상하며 함께 노래를 부를 계획이다.

In this concert Kim Jong Kook plans on revealing his favorite songs to sing at noraebang(karaoke), performing with his real close friends and reminisce about his childhood as he sings.

이언혁 leeuh@newsen.com

Thanks for the pics! He looks great as always...

My my...I'm getting antsy to hear about Hyuk's latest project.....wish he'd reveal it soon.

There are rumours going on that Hyuk might be doing Midas instead. It's an upcoming SBS drama slated for Feb 2011 after Athena. I guess Midas and Poseidon are 2 dramas that Hyukie are close to deciding on?

I'm trying to find out what kind of drama Midas is but apparently something about lawyer

Scriptwriter is 최완규 Choi Wan Gyoo (Hur Joon, Sang Do, All In). PD is 강신효 Kang Shin Hyo (SBS Tazza). Production Company is 제이에스픽쳐스 (JS Pictures)

Regarding Poseidon...seems like Kim Ok Bin is being mentioned again.

EDIT: Just saw this on Korean news...bunch of news regarding the success of Fall In Love With Anchor Beauty.

http://thestar.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2010/10/15/2010101500952.html

장혁, 中 '이브의 모든것' 시청률 40% 기록…1위 달성!

Jang Hyuk, Chinese 'All About Eve', Recorded 40% Viewership...Number 1!

2010101500938_0.jpg

장혁이 최고의 한류스타로서의 위상을 다시 한번 높였다.

Jang Hyuk has once again raised his status as the best hallyu star.

주인공으로 출연한 중국판 드라마 <이브의 모든 것>이 뜨거운 인기리에 종영, 중국 대륙 안방극장을 사로잡은 것.

The Chinese version of 'All About Eve' is extremely popular and has captured the Chinese TV audience.

지난 9월 21일 중국 절강TV를 통해 첫 선을 보인 <이브의 모든 것>은 방송 3일만에 중국국민드라마라고 할 수 있는 중국 인기 사극 <홍루멍>을 제치고 황금시간대 시청률 1위를 차지했다. 한국 수치로 따졌을 때 무려 40%가 넘는 0.823%의 높은 시청률을 기록하며 중국 안방극장을 <이브의 모든 것> 열풍으로 만들었다.

On September 21 Chinese Zhejiang TV first broadcasted 'All About Eve'. After just 3 days, it achieved national drama status ahead of the popular wuxia 'Red Mansion' to claim number one. With 40%, 0.823% higher, 'All About Eve' has become a sensation.

또한, 중국 전체 프로그램 시청률 3위안에 등극, 리메이크 작품으로는 이례적으로 높은 기록을 세워 더욱 눈길을 끈다.

Furthermore, it is ranked #3 among all TV programming. The fact that a remake drama can achieve this high is garnering even more attention.

2010101500938_1.jpg

이렇게 높은 시청률에 해외 판권이 고가에 팔리는 등 승승장구를 이어가던 <이브의 모든 것>은 지난 5일 종영, 드라마가 끝난 후에도 뜨거운 인기를 이어가고 있다. 타 방송사에서의 끊임없는 방영 요청은 물론, 다시보기가 높은 클릭수를 기록하고 있는 것.

With this high viewership, the fact that the rights to the drama was sold at a high price seemed like a win-win situation. The drama 'All About Eve' ended on the 5th and even afterwards it contunued in popularity. There are requests to continue the drama, the VOD is also getting a lot of clicks.

드라마 제작 관계자는 “중국 내 드라마 <이브의 모든 것>이 뜨거운 인기를 얻고 있다. 방영 당시 높은 시청률을 기록한 <이브의 모든 것>은 종영 후, 더욱 높은 인기를 구사하고 있다. 중국에서는 드라마가 몇 번에 걸쳐 여러 방송국에서 선보이게 되는데, 현재 타 방송사에서의 <이브의 모든 것> 방영 문의와 요청이 빗발치고 있다. 또한, 중국판 유투브라고 할 수 있는 ‘요코닷컴’에서 드라마 다시보기 클릭수가 1100만을 기록하고 있어 그 인기를 실감케 하고 있다”라고 전했다.

A representative from the drama said "In China this drama 'All About Eve' is gaining popularity. When it was aired it recorded high ratings. There are many dramas airing in China but right now we're getting many requests from other stations to air this drama. At youku (Chinese youtube), the videos for this drama recorded more than 11 million clicks showing the popularity of this drama."

이어 “이러한 드라마 성공에 대해 중국 주요 매체와 시청자들은 잘 짜여진 대본과 배우들의 열연, 특히 주연배우인 한류스타 장혁의 뛰어난 연기와 세련된 스타일 때문이라는 평이다. 뿐만 아니라, 최근 자국 대중 문화 산업의 보호라는 중국의 정책으로, 한국드라마 수입과 방영이 까다로워진 중국 드라마 시장에 새로운 성공적 모델을 제시한 것으로 평가 받고 있다”고 말했다.

He added "The success of this drama in both the Chinese media and viewers is because of the quality of the script and the actors, especially in regards to hallyu star Jang Hyuk's acting and sophisticated style. That's not it, with the recent policy of protecting Chinese drama this model seems to work well."

2000년 인기리에 방송되었던 한국 드라마 <이브의 모든 것>의 리메이크판인 중국 드라마 <이브의 모든 것>은 최고의 앵커 자리를 위한 두 여인의 대립과 사랑, 우정을 그린 작품으로, 장혁은 극중 부드러우면서도 열정적인 성격의 방송국 PD 천이푸 역을 맡았다.

The Chinese drama 'All About Eve' which is a remake of the 2000 Korean drama 'All About Eve' is a drama about the conflict, love and friendship of two women to be an anchor. Jang Hyuk plays the gentle yet passionate TV station PD Chen Yi Pu.

한편 중국 드라마<이브의 모든 것>은 한국, 중국, 대만의 인기 배우가 한자리에 모여 많은 관심을 모은 바 있다.

The gathering of popular actors from Korea, China and Taiwan in the Chinese drama 'All About Eve' has garnered a lot of attention.

2010101500938_2.jpg

YAYYYYYYY to Fall In Love With Anchor Beauty for its success! Yay to Hyukie and the cast!

Guest Jill4675

Thanks for the pics! He looks great as always...

My my...I'm getting antsy to hear about Hyuk's latest project.....wish he'd reveal it soon.

YAYYYYYYY to Fall In Love With Anchor Beauty for its success! Yay to Hyukie and the cast!

Glad for all (well-deserved) the accolades and superlatives...but I still wouldn't waste my time on that silly drama!!! :rolleyes:

Note to Jang Hyuk: Please announce a project soon and put us our of our misery!!! :lol:

th_sunglasses2.gif

Glad for all (well-deserved) the accolades and superlatives...but I still wouldn't waste my time on that silly drama!!! :rolleyes:

Note to Jang Hyuk: Please announce a project soon and put us our of our misery!!! :lol:

th_sunglasses2.gif

HAHAHAHAHA...yesssssss....I haven't even seen Anchor Beauty past the 3rd episode :sweatingbullets:

But heeeeeey if it's popular..more power to it! More Yuan (and Yen) power for Hyuk is a good thing too! :lol:

Srsly...Hyukie-ssi...please announce a project soon...we're dying to know...all the rumours are killing me.

Hancinema article about Hyuk and Fall In Love With Anchor Beauty

http://www.hancinema.net/chinese-remake-of-all-about-eve-no-1-show-in-china--25496.html

Chinese remake of "All About Eve" No. 1 show in China

The Chinese remake of hit Korean drama "All About Eve", starring actor Jang Hyeok, took the No. 1 spot in viewership ratings in China.

A press release from Jang's agency Sidus HQ said that "Eve" had scored ratings of about 40 percent during its time slot, just three days after making its premiere on China's Zhejiang Satellite TV on September 21.

"All About Eve" has also become one of the top three shows in all of China in terms of ratings.

A producer from the show explained, "The drama is very popular even though it finished its run on October 4. The show posted high ratings during its run and a number of broadcasting companies are interesting in airing the series on their networks as well".

The original version, which starred Jang Dong-gun, Chae Rim and Kim So-yeon, was a smash hit as well when it first aired in Korea in 2000.

Jang made his acting debut in the SBS drama "Models" in 1996 and has since appeared in numerous dramas and movies. His most recent role was in hit KBS' historical TV series "The Slaver Hunters" where he played a slave hunter named Dae-gil.

Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Guest Jill4675

Ocha - thank you for all the translation and info.

Pls click this link:

hyuk's blog? :w00t:

Ocha, pls translate!! :D

Damn! If he's going to do this, why not on Twitter??? :huh:

Somebody needs to clue him in!!! Practically everyone else is on Twitter! :(

th_sunglasses2.gif

It is odd indeed...wonder if it is Hyuk's manager that's doing the blog? hehehehehe

But then again Jill...Hyukie is so wordy..how can he stay under 140 characters in twitter? :lol: :lol:

반갑습니다. 장혁입니다. 저의 c로그가 오픈되었습니다. 이런 것에 익숙치 않지만 성심성의껏 제 이야기를 펼쳐보도록 하겠습니다...자주 찾아뵙겠습니다. 스산한 가을에 장혁 드림 .

Nice to meet you. This is Jang Hyuk. My cLog is opened. Although I'm not familiar with this I'd try to tell my stories with sincerety... Please come often. In this gloomy Fall Jang Hyuk.

BTS Pics for Japan photoshoot.

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=janghyuk&no=33460

He is so handsome...

Thanks Ocha for the speedy translation. I am wondering how can we know if it is really from Hyuk and not somebody posing as him?

You are right, he wont be able to stay within the limits of Twitter!hahaha :D

Whats with these Midas and Poseidon names? Seems like Korea has taken into Greek mythology??Maybe Hyuk should have a film call Mars/Achilles/Apollo or something. hahaha :D

As long as it's not 'When Zeus Met Hera' :lol:

BTS pics from Eider photoshoot

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=janghyuk&no=33472

He has such a nice side profile....really a kkotminam....

Seems like everyone who has seen Hyuk up close all seem to say that he is really really good looking in person. I read a few fan acct that said that....and the thing with Hyuk fans is...if he doesn't look good, we'll be the first to say that (ala Fall In Love With Anchor Beauty)...hehehehe. So when Hyuk fans say he's really really good looking I believe them..hehehehe

I really should stop looking at casting rumours..but I can't help it...now there are rumours that Eric might be the male lead for Poseidon....if that's the case then Hyukie will be doing Midas, then? People at DC are getting frustrated with lack of confirmation for Poseidon too...sighhhh

Guest jen2010

Thanks Ocha for the news and updates.

Hyuk's side view has always been "phenomenal" to me especially that nose of his :P

As for projects, actually I'm more keen on Hyukie taking up a movie, instead of drama.