Omg I hate typing here on iPad. Byways is hyuk in japan?

Yayyyyy number 9 .... Gud job hyuk fans[br] I am loving all the eider pics. [br] oh gas can someone post hyukie's schedule?[br] seems like hyuk is doing interviews in japan? Or for japanese mag?

Bad news, bad news: rumour that ihq may pull all their pple out of Secret Garden and Hyuk's role will be offered to Hyun Bin!!!???

Still waiting for more confirmation. I want to watch a hyuk drama! :tears:

Ocha - havent got any infor on the japanese stuff.

Guest jen2010

oh no, i'm so looking forward to his drama :(

Just saw some speculation on baidu, I really do not want to see him film another chinese drama again...

Bad news, bad news: rumour that ihq may pull all their pple out of Secret Garden and Hyuk's role will be offered to Hyun Bin!!!???

Ocha - havent got any infor on the japanese stuff.

Whattttttttt??????????!!! Whyyyy? Gosh......I hope it's just a rumour...ok off to read the news now..goshhh.....

Ahh not looking good....reading from all the news....gosh whyy? why?!!!!!

Javabean's post on this issue...

http://www.dramabean...ut-hyun-bin-in/

Secret Garden: Jang Hyuk out, Hyun Bin in?

Interesting (and confusing) news: Jang Hyuk may be dropping out of the fantasy-melodrama series Secret Garden, and co-star Kim Sa-rang may follow him out. Being touted as a potential replacement is Hyun Bin. And the reason for all this sudden cast rearrangement: idol star Jaebum?

The facts:

Secret Garden is being planned as an SBS weekend drama to premiere in November, following Life Is Beautiful. It comes from the writer and director combo behind Lovers in Paris and On Air, Kim Eun-sook and PD Shin Woo-chul. Other cast members are Ha Ji-won (Haeundae) and Yoon Sang-hyun (Queen of Housewives). Former 2pm leader Jaebum was purported to be be making his drama debut in this project.

Here’s where things get murky:

Jaebum’s involvement has grown unclear, and some rumors say he is out, while others say that it’s not yet decided. Now reports are circulating that both Jang Hyuk and Kim Sa-rang are looking to quit. All three are managed by the same company, Sidus HQ. Speculation: is this some sort of power play Sidus is trying to pull? Are they using their big stars as leverage to secure a high-profile project for their new singer-turned-actor client?

A Sidus HQ rep stated, “It is true there are problems regarding Secret Garden, but it’s not the time to say whether they will be quitting or not. We are continuing to discuss these matters with the production team.”

Then came news that Hyun Bin, an early contender for the lead, is back in consideration. I had initially wondered with some suspicion if this was true, and whether the producers were trying to push back against Sidus by throwing out a big name. However, a source with Hyun Bin’s management company confirmed that Hyun Bin received the drama’s script “a few days ago” and is currently considering the role. Apparently he found the synopsis entertaining, but has not made any decisions.

And I can’t see how he would possibly be considering the drama unless it were actually true that Jang Hyuk is close to leaving, which makes me very curious indeed…

Via OSEN, Newsen, Star News

If Sidus is really pulling this sort of crap, I'll be really furious! What kind of nonsense is this? :angry:

Edit: Ok so I'll post comments from both sides

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201008252100481001

복수의 드라마 관계자들은 “장혁이 ‘시크릿가든’에서 하차한 것으로 안다”며 “현재 다른 배우들이 물망에 올라 캐스팅 작업진행되고 있다”고 밝혔다.

Officials from the drama said "We are aware that Jang Hyuk is leaving 'Secret Garden'" "Currently we are in the process of talking to other actors regarding casting for this drama"

이에 대해 장혁 측 관계자는 “아직 확정된 바가 없다”고 다소 신중한 입장을 나타냈다.

Jang Hyuk's representative responded "There's no confirmation yet"

Guest Jill4675

wtfemoticon.gifomg.gif28133.gifsmiley-angry019.gif PLEASE let that rumor NOT BE TRUE! I won't be watching Hyun Bin! Nope. Won't watch. tongue2.gifsmiley-sick007.gif

I hope that rumor is FALSE!!! crossfingers.gifcrying-watery.gifcrying-watery.gifang-rant.gif

I see o-cha must have found a hotel computer to use! Yay! Yes, I saw the Dramabeans post. Seriously, they will be giving this drama the Kiss of Death by such changes. I won't watch even the opening 5 seconds...I'm so mad (if it's true...)... :angry:

sunglasses2.gif

Guest jen2010

Thanks for the translation of the news.

You are right, Sidus is crazy to be doing something like this.

Killing off a major project for the sake of a newbie actor (or is he? sorry, I'm not too familiar with Korean showbiz), what is Sidus thinking?

Thanks for the translation of the news.

You are right, Sidus is crazy to be doing something like this.

Killing off a major project for the sake of a newbie actor (or is he? sorry, I'm not too familiar with Korean showbiz), what is Sidus thinking?

Exactly! I mean yes Park JAe Bum is popular right now..but seriously?!! I mean..we're talking about them pulling out Jang Hyuk, a veteran well respected actor, for the sake of Jae Bum...Seriously?! Crazzzzzyyy!!!!

At least the good news is people aren't blaming Jang Hyuk...but still this wouldn't reflect well on Hyuk himself. Gahhh I feel like strangling Sidus.

Jill: I'm back home! Hence no more weird fonts..hahahahah..so glad to be back..now need to catch up on all that I've missed for a 1 week.

And about Secret Garden..how can Hyun Bin supposed to be the same age as Yoon Sang Hyun?? And he doesn't look older than Ha Ji Won either. I have no problem with Hyun Bin...it's just that...we could've gotten Jang Hyuk-Ha Ji Won combo...and now????

Guest Jill4675

Exactly! I mean yes Park JAe Bum is popular right now..but seriously?!! I mean..we're talking about them pulling out Jang Hyuk, a veteran well respected actor, for the sake of Jae Bum...Seriously?! Crazzzzzyyy!!!!

At least the good news is people aren't blaming Jang Hyuk...but still this wouldn't reflect well on Hyuk himself. Gahhh I feel like strangling Sidus.

Jill: I'm back home! Hence no more weird fonts..hahahahah..so glad to be back..now need to catch up on all that I've missed for a 1 week.

And about Secret Garden..how can Hyun Bin supposed to be the same age as Yoon Sang Hyun?? And he doesn't look older than Ha Ji Won either. I have no problem with Hyun Bin...it's just that...we could've gotten Jang Hyuk-Ha Ji Won combo...and now????

(o-cha, welcome back! :lol: That plain text stuff was so weird!

When it comes to iPad and posting on BBs, FAIL! :wacko:)

I agree with you all: it's outrageous. Sidus (supposedly, if this is all true?) would cause problems for Jang Hyuk for the sake of Jae Bum?!?!? And at this late stage? fury.gif

Since YSH is someone I find unappealing, I would have liked to see him pulled ;) (I find his looks strange and although he's no teenager, they always give him some stupid permed hairdo, and he ends up looking like...well, never mind. censored.gif). As for Hyun Bin, he looked so cute back in the MNIKSS days, but lately, not so much. I think the problem is YSH is in the wrong age group. Time for him to drop the trying-to-look-young look, which isn't working, and play age-appropriate parts. He's nearly 40.

I'm hoping this ends up the way we want (:)), but if it doesn't, I won't watch. My principal interest was in seeing HJW and JH work together. Absent Hyuk, I have better ways to spend my time. And Jang Hyuk should look for different representation. If Sidus screws one of its best stars for the sake of some newbie, that star should be royally pissed...and act accordingly! sFun_bangdesk.gif

sunglasses2.gif

a non-Secret Garden related news..because if I start talking about Sidus and Secret Garden again I might blow up....

http://www.frontiertimes.co.kr/news/news/2010/08/25/56816.html

박재범-장혁-김수로, "연예인봉사단 만들어요"

26일 출범…소외된 이웃돕기 앞장선다

20100825_sidus.jpg

Basically saying Jang Hyuk and 15 other actors/actresses under Sidus will help the needy on the 26th for a campaign to raise awareness for the needy. They will volunteed for this.

And check out Eider's website

http://www.eider.co.kr/shop2/goods/goods_event.php?sno=54

event15_view_01.jpg

I can't believe the news about Hyuk's dropping out of the SG. Sidus is just so full of craps fury.gif How can they play games like this, gambling the future and reputations of their artists. Sidus is plain ridiculous. No wonder everybody's leaving Sidus. Hyuk should've left Sidus long time ago -_- .

I was so looking forward to this drama, I'm so disappointed, even if I don't hate Hyun Bin but I will have a bad feeling watching thisdrama thinking that it was supposed to be Hyuk in this role, so propably I just won't watch.

I still hope this is just a rumor cuz I just can't see why Sidus would do this if they have any intelligence left.

Guest Jill4675

getsmiley-1.gif I hope we'll get some confirmation one way or the other soon so our stress can end... :(

Meantime, here is the little 3:11 min video from Eider about making the CF in Australia. If you haven't seen it, it's only about 25 mb, so it'll be a quick dl for you all. Might cheer you up?! Amour_7.gif

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AF5PLFPH

sunglasses2.gif

There is a second Eider video (more of Hyuk) at this link

Baidu forum

----------------

What can I say? Maybe we got to know abt SG way too early and there was too so much anticipation...

Jill - Please don't take it out on Yoon Sang Hyun, this has nothing to do with him. I am quite fond of him and was really looking fwd to a drama with both Hyuk and YSH not so much of Ha Ji Won actually.

The whole Jaebum thing just doesnt make business sense to me, I know 2pm is really the rage now but I am sure Hyuk's pay check covers both what they will earn from Kim Sarang and Jaebum??

I have half a heart to think that Hyun Bin is a decoy. Oh,all this negotiation tactics. :wacko:

I still dun believe SG will drop Hyuk unless Sidus walks out because Hyuk was attached to the drama way before all the other actors were cast. It goes to show that the drama placed an emphasis on the male lead vs the female lead.

Ocha - can you look out for news relating to Kim Hee Sun? She is attached to a new medical drama which supposedly will have 3D elements and all of a sudden there is this tiny tiny rumour that Hyuk may be the male lead.

Anyway I am just glad I don't work in the Korean entertainment industry because every other day I may die of heart attack from shocks. :blink:

Guest Jill4675

There is a second Eider video (more of Hyuk) at this link

Baidu forum

----------------

What can I say? Maybe we got to know abt SG way too early and there was too so much anticipation...

Jill - Please don't take it out on Yoon Sang Hyun, this has nothing to do with him. I am quite fond of him and was really looking fwd to a drama with both Hyuk and YSH not so much of Ha Ji Won actually.

The whole Jaebum thing just doesnt make business sense to me, I know 2pm is really the rage now but I am sure Hyuk's pay check covers both what they will earn from Kim Sarang and Jaebum??

I have half a heart to think that Hyun Bin is a decoy. Oh,all this negotiation tactics. :wacko:

I still dun believe SG will drop Hyuk unless Sidus walks out because Hyuk was attached to the drama way before all the other actors were cast. It goes to show that the drama placed an emphasis on the male lead vs the female lead.

Ocha - can you look out for news relating to Kim Hee Sun? She is attached to a new medical drama which supposedly will have 3D elements and all of a sudden there is this tiny tiny rumour that Hyuk may be the male lead.

Anyway I am just glad I don't work in the Korean entertainment industry because every other day I may die of heart attack from shocks. :blink:

I looked at Baidu, but I think it is just 30-sec vids, right? I never get decent streaming from Baidu or Tudou...If anyone wants to upload the ones that feature our boy, please do so! :)

qwenli, no worries, I'm not taking it out on YSH...he's got nothing to do with it. I do think it's time for him to start to play older roles. And it happens I just find him "uninteresting." ;) As to Sidus, it seems (if all this is true), they are saying take all three of our people or take none of them. It's not that SG might drop JH...they might have to replace him because Sidus is pulling out!

I kind of doubt that Hyun Bin is a serious contender to replace JH. SG people probably sent him the script as a way of telling Sidus "We've got other choices." It doesn't seem like a good role for Hyun Bin and anyway I think it's time for him to go to the army pretty soon.

The Jae Bum thing is nuts for me because it's not like he was going to have a big role (I don't think so????), so just put the guy somewhere else. Surely, there're a ton of dramas he could be in that might even suit him better. Well, he doesn't interest me in the least. I barely know who he is. :lol:Content_4.gif

sunglasses2.gif

Guest Annsit

I really hope & want JH to be in SG...and to act alongside with HJW is the best thing happen!!

I think JH pair better with HJW than Hyun Bin..

Please ..Please..give me JH & HJW for Secret Garden!!

Shall wee start a plea note to the producer or something?????!!

It's a cheap shot that the Sidus is threatening the production team to pull Hyuk and Kim Sa Rang in order to place Jaebum in the last min. Guess Sidus believes the production will have to comply. Sidus is being ridiculous :angry:

Thanks jill for the mega link of the Eider video. The video I dl fr. DC Gall couldn't be ul to Youtube for unknown reason. Had no problem with your source.

Anyway, here's the link

Jang Hyuk in Eider Making

Something good for today finally !

Guest ripgal

Gah, Hyuk out of Secret Garden really diminishes my anticipation for the show. I'm a fan of the writer-PD combo so I'll follow SG regardless.. BUT BUT BUT, no more Hyuk? No more Hyuk-HJW? T___T

I really dunno how or what to expect right now.

But that aside, Hyuk's major hotness in the EIDER BTS. <33

Guest Jill4675

Thanks for the Baidu link, qwenli...

:wub: Awww, he's seated next to his little girlfriend, Seo Shin Ae! :) Who gets that poster? Did they raffle it off???!

ripgal, I also like the writer here BUT: I don't think I can watch without Jang Hyuk. The whole project sounded risky from the beginning. If he is really OUT of this drama, I am extremely unlikely to tune in. I'll be very disappointed as I thought it would be so interesting to see HJW interact with JH... All we have is rumors at this point, right? So I suppose there is still some faint hope...but this supposed trouble really does explain the lack of any concrete information about the drama, and such information has been long overdue. <_<

:angry: I'm really bummed...!!!

sunglasses2.gif