Guest Jill4675

Hi, thanks Jill for transferring the thumbnails here! :P

Aug 13, Hyuk attended an event - Orobianco.

Please see link here.Baidu forum post 2 to 8. Credits to Coke.

Hair - still long and permed!!! :o

Hair looks good to me! :lol:

Thumbnails below and here is the album link: orobianco pics

Orobianco is a high-end leather goods line...wonder if they gave him a couple of bags! :rolleyes: He seems to be in high demand for promotions! :phew:

th_5bd9a27df80036d7395378f049956865.jpgth_f2e3b941be2463a94c2d5f2ba6df6c55.jpgth_6faec6b05596d3ef75ab8e09a1862385.jpg

th_7c5a2442da9b933c5b87253141249260.jpgth_466ee843ffe1efa8fbc5293d63dfbee7.jpgth_d15b3651029741097cdb2379355650e0.jpg

sunglasses2.gif

Thanks ladies!

His hair is just getting longer and longer now....I hope he'll cut it for Secret Garden.

Speaking about hair..I just cringed at his air during AAE.....

Hyuk looks like the kind of guy that can pull off a man purse..hehehe..so Oroblanco shouldn't hsitate in using him as a model :lol:

Thanks ladies!

His hair is just getting longer and longer now....I hope he'll cut it for Secret Garden.

Speaking about hair..I just cringed at his air during AAE.....

Ocha - I think this is the hair for Secret Garden? Else he wont bother perming it so close to filming? Anyway, we shall see.

Note his pose to show off his Zespero watch (the other endorsement), with no wedding band... :P

Guest Jill4675

Hair looks good to me! :lol:

:lol: I have to quote myself: I think the hair looks just fine. thumbsup.gif As long as they pull it up and away from his face, what's the problem? coffeescreen.gif

The AAE hairstyle was just weird and so was most of the wardrobe! (SOOO cheesy! sFun_doh2.gif) He won't—I HOPE—be dressed so badly in Secret Garden... or they'll have some explainin' to do...!!! angry8.gif

muahaha.gif

sunglasses2.gif

Ocha - I think this is the hair for Secret Garden? Else he wont bother perming it so close to filming? Anyway, we shall see.

Note his pose to show off his Zespero watch (the other endorsement), with no wedding band... :P

Yeah could be...gaaaahhh...come to think of it I think his character in Secret Garden is supposed to be kindda frumpy or something if I remember correctly...gaaaaahhh there goes my hope of seeing a suave looking Hyuk..hehehehe

Come to think of it..does he ever wear his wedding ring? I don't remember ever seeing it on in anything.

:lol: I have to quote myself: I think the hair looks just fine. thumbsup.gif As long as they pull it up and away from his face, what's the problem? a>

The AAE hairstyle was just weird and so was most of the wardrobe! (SOOO cheesy! a>) He won't—I HOPE—be dressed so badly in Secret Garden... or they'll have some explainin' to do...!!! a>

a>

sunglasses2.gif

Errr Jill...somehow I have a sinking feeling his wardrobe for Secret Garden won't be too hot..."<SPAN >

Hair...at the rate he keeps it..he'll soon be Rapunzel :lol:

Hi Jill, with regards to AAE styling, I really like to blame the director. China's sense of fashion needs some catching up and has their own quirks, but the director is from Taiwan and he should have done some policing...But well, most directors dont have a sense of fashion... :wacko:

ok, this really should be in the Chuno thread, but thought of sharing with you guys.

Its an interview of Chuno's director PD kwak in the DVD which I bought on a crazy wimp in Seoul. I thought, what is the point of having the infor but not being able to understand it. Wanted to ask Ocha, but the fonts are abit light and wont be visible even if I scanned it. I only just managed to get someone who could translate it into English.

So here it goes:

Each of us is the protagonist of the history…

Director _ Junghwan Kwak

2010 Directed KBS 2TV <Chuno>

2007 Directed KBS 2TV <Conspiracy in Court>

2006 Directed KBS 2TV <Hwang-geum-sa-gwa, or Golden Apple>

2005 Co-directed KBS 2TV <Crazy Love>

Start: Mind and mindset

All of us, including camera director, lighting director, I, other staffs and actors, were desperate to make this drama successful. I felt that I had the right crew for the project. The unity and collaboration among these people provided the basis of Chu-no’s success.

Rendezvous with Sung-il Chun, the writer(dramatist) of Chu-no :Talks at the early stage of planning the drama and what caused the synergy effects between Director Kwak and Writer Chun

A friend of mine told me about a captivating drama scenario that is floating around TV network stations searching for a chance to be produced. He also told me that I might be the appropriate person to direct it into a drama. I became very interested. In order to meet Chun in a casual atmosphere, I met him at a drinking party for the first time. Chun was totally cynical at first. He looked indifferent to my offer and wanted to leave for Misari* on movie-related business. I grabbed him and said that I had never begged to the writers. Chun also replied that he had never left any directors imploring him. Then, he took off saying that it would be the first time he did so. I felt really frustrated.

A few days later, Chun called me. I answered the phone with excitement, but Chun suddenly said he couldn’t do it. Totally upset, I asked what the reason was. He said, once the viewers watch Chu-no, they may mistake it as the second series of Conspiracy in Court(a drama series Kwak directed earlier). He was afraid people might accuse him of plagiarism. Truly, Chu-no shared criticism and theme that I tried to carry in Conspiracy in Court. (abbreviated) In this way, Chun and I shared the similar ideas from the start. I think it was a great destiny that we met.

Harmony and balance as the directing points: Reflecting the spirit of the age, inserting comical factors into the seriousness, action and romance

All I wanted to say was already melt in the scenario, which would be realized through the works by actors and directing staffs. The most important role of the director is to create and maintain the harmony among these factors.

Any behind-the-scene stories on casting?

I have never mentioned this before, but casting of the main and the supporting roles went through slight changes. Originally, the actor who played Upbok (Hyungjin Gong) was assigned to the role of Jeeho Chun. As hindsight, I think it is fortunate that Gong played Upbok. Same is the case for Dongil Sung, who played Jeeho Chun. I even thought about changing the roles between Gong and Sung, imagining Sung playing Upbok. (laugh) Doing so would have resulted in characters with totally different attractiveness.

Among the various characters in Chu-no, can you pick out anyone that you sympathize with or feel especially attached to?

From the very start, I have thought that the real protagonist of Chu-no should be Upbok. I had to ask for the writer Chun’s consent to keep Upbok low-key in the early part of the drama. As a result, the biggest pressure on me as a director was to maintain the tension until the end, so that the viewers won’t lose interest and affection in Upbok. Another important one is Chulwoong Hwang. His character is, in some sense, quite dramatically exaggerated. It is unrealistic that a character as cold-blooded as Hwang can maintain charisma all the way through the drama…. On the other hand, Hwang embodies an alter-ego of the people living under extreme competitions of modern society, a reality that is more cruel and unrealistic than any dramas. (abbreviated) For these reasons, as a director in charge of delivering messages in the drama, I felt attached to Upbok and Hwang. And I wanted to render them very attractive.

What does <Chu-no> mean to you now?

Chu-no will be… the proof of my life as a director. It is no doubt that I wish to produce works that will be more loved and praised than Chu-no, although I am not really sure if I can do so. However, even if I fail in my next works, luckily, I still have Chu-no as a testimony to my successful career.

Any last words to the viewers?

In any dramas, directors, staffs, and actors strive to make viewers amused and touched in their heart. The crews of Chu-no made great efforts to do so, too. Chu-no was born through a great deal of ordeal, and many parts of the production process became known to viewers through various media and channels. TV dramas, in its own attributes, are gradually forgotten once the show closes down. But I wish, through this DVD, viewers can remember any feelings or ideas that came to one’s mind while watching. Thank you.

Close Interview with the Director Junghwan Kwak on April 29th, 2010

(*Misari is a place near Seoul but out of it, alot of celebrities go there to relax and films are shoot there too)

Guest Jill4675

ok, this really should be in the Chuno thread, but thought of sharing with you guys.

Its an interview of Chuno's director PD kwak in the DVD which I bought on a crazy wimp in Seoul. I thought, what is the point of having the infor but not being able to understand it. Wanted to ask Ocha, but the fonts are abit light and wont be visible even if I scanned it. I only just managed to get someone who could translate it into English.

Thanks, qwenli! This illustrates perfectly why Chuno was ultimately a disappointment and, therefore, a failure; Kwak's determination to focus on Upbok was a huge mistake (IMHO); I won't take time to discuss it here (wrong thread, I suppose), but for those of us who wanted Dae Gil's story to take the forefront, Chuno was a huge, frustrating letdown. What a shame! Didn't have to be that way... <_<

As to wardrobe in Secret Garden, I hope o-cha is wrong!!! :lol:

sunglasses2.gif

qwenli: Thanks so much for the time and effort to translate the director's comment to all of us.

This illustrates perfectly why Chuno was ultimately a disappointment and, therefore, a failure; Kwak's determination to focus on Upbok was a huge mistake (IMHO)

After reading this, I agree with Jill completely. Kwak was too greedy trying to sideway on too many characters and leads while DaGil's story was the main theme. His personal agenda led the audience disappointed and confused, thus the ratings stopped surging.

I like Hyuk in both long and short hair styles. As a matter of fact, I like longer hair better because of the flexible and various hairdo stylings. His wardrobes look more chic and stylish when he's in long hair. I love his short hair style when Hyuk's Dr. Min Giseo and it's more or less the same as he's as Goni in Tazza.

If I were Hyuk, I would have refused to have that hairdo done in the Chinese Version of AAE <_< . Can't stand his hair's pinned to the back in one side. That style is just ridiculous :crazy: . His hair looks much better when he's in Japan with Zhudan. Whoever did his hair originally probably didn't make it to Japan, no one else would replicate this awkward hairdo :lol: .

Thanks qwenli! That was an interesting read. I just don't think a 24 episode drama was enough to really cover the intended story of Chuno. I have no problem with them focusing on EopBok but there were just too many interesting chracters there that somehow we feel shortchanged when the drama kindda just glossed over stuff (see: Un Nyun never finding out about her brother's death, too few Dae Gil-UnNyun scene, and even to some extent how Hwang Chulwoong became ridiculously one dimensional towards the end). In a way maybe if Chuno was a 50 episode drama we'd have a much better drama. I still hold Chuno very dearly (and Dae Gil will always be one of the most memorable drama characters ever) but oooh it could have been a masterpiece...

Hmm I wonder how the first script reading for Secret Garden go....

I love his long hair as long as-like you all say- it's not the hair behind one ear in AAE, it's just BAD.

but I do think he will have this long hair in Secret Garden, I also can see golden highlights, why would he bother do this if he's going to cut it so soon, it looks good on him but I really wanted him to have a totally different look from what he had in Chuno, I missed him in short hair.

Guest maewmaew

Could I ask Jang Hyuk fan club about the schedule of his AAE drama from mainland china.

when will it air in China and Korea and how many episodes it has?.I have seen this drama rating from some Chinese website,it occupied no 4 rating ,no 1 is Meteor shower 2,Chinese version.

Does it mean that this drama is airing now.

But up to now I am wondering I rarely heard anyone talking about this drama or posting some screencaps from the drama but in my opinion it is so interesting but less information..

So now I am waiting for DVD released in China.

I begin to admire him first from his drama with Jang Nara and after that I followed all his dramas.But Aae is my most favorite Korean drama,so I am exciting to know that he was casted as the main lead in this drama.But looked like it is difficult to find more information except in this thread and in JangHyuk thread in Baidu.com.Thanks for your information ,news and all beautiful screen caps from this drama.

Hi maewmaew, this drama is only airing in China on 19 Sep ( a month's time). That's why we dont have screencaps only photos released by the production team. Not sure if it will air in Korea.

Not sure about the number of episodes too, but average length of chinese drama is about 30, because they usually show 2 eps a day and from Mon to Fri. So they tend to be longer.

I think the rating you saw for the drama is for the old korean version?

Ocha - you are right, Chuno shd have gone the Queen Seon duk way of 50 to 60 eps. There were so many interesting characters in the show including the 2 scheming gisangs. They should really have a part2, but I know, its my wishful thinking...

Guest jen2010

I was just reading Zoi's blog about Eider's CM. Looks like the CM will be aired on 20 Aug.

The new commercial will capture in a documentary style, the process of how a challenge (cliff climbing i suppose) is overcome. Can't wait to see the new commercial~~~

Qwenli and Jill - Thanks for sharing the latest photos, looks like Hyukie has fallen in love with long hair :P sure miss his short hair in Thank you.

Hi Jen, thanks for the extra pictures. Is it me, or I thought Hyuk is looking abit tired?

This orobianco thing is quite an easy assignment isnt it? Show up, take some pictures, maybe even get a free bag, and wow you get paid!! :w00t:

Those who frequent Baidu forum will know about this and its been awhile back already. But just thought of sharing: there is this American Idol like kind of show in China and there is this contestant with the EXACT same name as Jang Hyuk. The last I checked, he didnt even make it to the top 20, but his fans kept coming to our Hyuk's forum page thinking its his forum! Finally the forum moderator gave up explaining and just deleted the irrelevant posts. :D

Well, maybe its good that the AAE show is coming up, so that more people in China knows there is a Korean Jang Hyuk! :P

Guest Jill4675

Hi Jen, thanks for the extra pictures. Is it me, or I thought Hyuk is looking abit tired?

This orobianco thing is quite an easy assignment isnt it? Show up, take some pictures, maybe even get a free bag, and wow you get paid!! :w00t:

Those who frequent Baidu forum will know about this and its been awhile back already. But just thought of sharing: there is this American Idol like kind of show in China and there is this contestant with the EXACT same name as Jang Hyuk. The last I checked, he didnt even make it to the top 20, but his fans kept coming to our Hyuk's forum page thinking its his forum! Finally the forum moderator gave up explaining and just deleted the irrelevant posts. :D

Well, maybe its good that the AAE show is coming up, so that more people in China knows there is a Korean Jang Hyuk! :P

Thanks, Jen, for the pics. I've added them all to the other album (link: Orobianco). Here are the thumbs. BTW, qwenli, that is such a funny story about the "other" Jang Hyuk... :lol:

th_540_852093266002452492.jpgth_540_568371229146109724.jpgth_540_107738522963235287.jpg

th_540_567390237465428695.jpgth_540_409407863410199967.jpgth_540_521660269118862730.jpg

th_540_625140809865621042.jpgth_540_710418461184922709.jpgth_540_787789842411638453.jpg

th_540_438788267229472289.jpgth_540_663205268038479270.jpgth_540_478863986318833312.jpg

th_540_167250550073656567.jpgth_540_437072410395989497.jpgth_540_308003455146599558.jpg

The Orobianco guy is SOOOOO Italian, it's insane! ;) It seems from the pics that he's telling Hyuk to pick out something from the brochure...yeah, there are some perks attached to these events! fe6d91a1.gif He must have a bunch of free gear, clothes, and accessories (and maybe a few food products?) after all the CF and promotion work!! sign0200.gif Not bad!!! :lol:

sunglasses2.gif

Thanks everyone for sharing the pics here.

I really like Hyuk's appearance in this Orobiano ( means white gold) event. He looks refreshed to me with hair tied and the outfits, especially the belt and shoes are very eye catching. Never heard of this Italian brand before. If Hyukie's carrying their gifts, he's walking advertisement for them.

Guest Jill4675

Thanks everyone for sharing the pics here.

I really like Hyuk's appearance in this Orobiano ( means white gold) event. He looks refreshed to me with hair tied and the outfits, especially the belt and shoes are very eye catching. Never heard of this Italian brand before. If Hyukie's carrying their gifts, he's walking advertisement for them.

hahatk! Indeed, Orobianco [gold white] = White Gold in English. Here is the link to their Web site, which is available in Italian, English, Russian, and Korean...and Japanese (sorry, no Chinese)! ;): Orobianco

sunglasses2.gif