Guest jen2010

Gosh, he reminds me of the episode of family outing when he was filming Chuno.

They were all joking how he looked like someone who just came down from the deep mountain :P

Btw, m wondering if anyone knows where to get korean stuff in Tokyo? Some hanryu shop or sth? Thanks in advance :)

Guest o-cha

kiefshi1056: Ah no Jang Hyuk isn't doing Hotelier remake. He did the Chinese version of All About Eve

jen: hahahaha..yes yes...he did look like a mountain man. Sorry can't help you on where to find Hanryu stuff in Tokyo but maybe someone else might know.  Do you live in Tokyo? Or planning to  visit Tokyo?

hahatk: Thanks for the info and pics. At least Hyuk is dressed appropriately for the hot weather in Mongolia...hehehe.

And wooow that's crazy that the Taiwan station actually delayed Chuno until the leads can actually come there. I've never heard such a thing happening before.

qwenli: Of course I'd like to leave a note for Hyuk...If you can include my message that'll be great. Here goes:

Dear Jang Hyuk oppa,

Congratulations on the success of The Slave Hunters (Chuno). Your portrayal of Lee Dae Gil is simply amazing.

I'm looking forward to your next projects (dramas and movies).

Wishing you all the best in your career and life.

Love,

o-cha @ soompi

PS: Soompi is an English speaking community focusing on Korean entertainment. You have quite a few of fans outside of Korea, Japan and China too =) .

This is the link to your thread: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13573

Gosh, he reminds me of the episode of family outing when he was filming Chuno.

They were all joking how he looked like someone who just came down from the deep mountain :P

Btw, m wondering if anyone knows where to get korean stuff in Tokyo? Some hanryu shop or sth? Thanks in advance :)

Jen: I'll ask zoi about where to shop for you. I guess the Japanese fans buy hanryu stuff online at http://www.koari.net/ or from the famous Kinokuniya Bookstore. Btw, Do you speak or write Japanese ? I'll see if zoi contact you in Japanese directly. zoi is a super sweet and nice lady.

hahatk: Thanks for the info and pics. At least Hyuk is dressed appropriately for the hot weather in Mongolia...hehehe.

And wooow that's crazy that the Taiwan station actually delayed Chuno until the leads can actually come there. I've never heard such a thing happening before.

ocha: I've never heard of anything like that before either. If you've seen the previews or videos of Chuno from GTV, they announced the broadcast date was May 27. How could they just change their plan to postpone indefinitely. Trendtonenet really wants to have Hyuk going to Taiwan to have a fan meeting there. I can't wait to see Hyuk and LDH together again !

Magazine pics of Hyuk! :wub: : Esquire July Issue shot on 20100612

536564402010062402075503_640.jpg

5365644020100624021244064_640.jpg

5365644020100624020458039_640.jpg

and more here http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=807687390

source:superdorai of DC Gallery

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=janghyuk&no=25711&page=3&bbs=

Guest o-cha

Squeaaal! Our Dae Gil-ie looks smoking hot! Gaaahhhh I can't wait for the HQ pics later on..those pics are just screaming to be made into icons and banners...lol

Who would've thought Hyuk would look great with white highlights? There's one pic on the baidu link that hahatk posted above that I absolutely love.. The one where he was sitting down by the pool(?) with striped shirt and looking down and to the side...hot!

And of course the goth rocker looking one is good too. He looks so handsome.

Thanks for sharing the pics hahatk! Love them

Guest Jill4675

Squeaaal! Our Dae Gil-ie looks smoking hot! Gaaahhhh I can't wait for the HQ pics later on..those pics are just screaming to be made into icons and banners...lol

Who would've thought Hyuk would look great with white highlights? There's one pic on the baidu link that hahatk posted above that I absolutely love.. The one where he was sitting down by the pool(?) with striped shirt and looking down and to the side...hot!

And of course the goth rocker looking one is good too. He looks so handsome.

Thanks for sharing the pics hahatk! Love them

28133.gif

o-cha, I agree! The man is on fire! bushburn.gif Rockin' the eyeliner, too! :lol: I think we need a fireman! firehose.gif

Love the latest pics and all those amazing ♥quotes♥...I think he can charm the birds out of the trees! :wub:

sunglasses2.gif

Guest jen2010

Ocha: I am currently in Tokyo. So I thought might as well :P

hahatk: Thanks :) I can read Japanese, as for writing, I guess I can pass with some broken written Japanese hehehe.

Jill - I like your fireman smiley! :D

Ocha - Your msg is short and sweet. Have forwarded it to the Taiwan fan, will see what she says..

Hahatk - Thanks for all the pix. I think the styling is very daring.

Jen - Enjoy yourself in sushi land!! :P

Here is another translation article:

Japanese magazine on Hallyru – Pia July issue.

Excerpts of interview. The interview seemed to be done end May so it is not new.

Mitzucat of Baidu Tieba translated content that were not in other interviews.

113e6a6357756b5e0c33faa3.jpg

That’s right, I am a proactive actor, not the reactive type and wait for people to look for me. I do a lot of research and preparation. For e.g. regarding the role, the special characteristic of the work. If I am acting this role, how will I interpret it. Hence for this role (referring to Daegil), I really wanted to act it.

What part of the role was the most attractive to you?I felt strongly there are two sides, can’t distinguish if it is a bad or good guy, it depends on the situation. Although in some people’s context, he is very bad, but from Daegil’s point, it is not so simple. In the later half, as a good guy he did some good things too. Hence for an actor, I don’t empahsise on either side, but perform a wide range of the appeal. Another point is, since I learned Jeet Kune Do for a long time, I wanted to use the action scenes to allow everyone to see a new side of me.

Both the good and bad sides have complexity, isn’t it difficult?

I asked myself if I interpreted the role correctly, is it too much. A lot of these issues, I have to decide on the spot. How much resonance will I get, how much surprise is in this area. Hence many instances, I am have to think through and am troubled.

Filming in many parts of Korea, which area do you have a strong impression?There is this village near Tanyang, when I was filming another drama Dae Mang, I was there. During that time, the role wanted to built an utopia, this time returning to that place and seeing the well (was there a scene in chuno where he was near a well?), I remembered the past.

e5da2f730aa559218701b083.jpg

Heard that you got along very well with Oh Ji Ho and Kim Ji suk?

Oh Ji Ho is a very serious guy, he is very considerate. He is a good actor same age as me. I told Kim a lot about life in military, telling him it will help an actor’s growth. After he enlisted, he called me and said he felt that he is already a senior officer after listening to all I said. But after entering, he still have to start from the bottom! (laugh).

After this really popular drama, would choosing the next work be difficult?

When an actor act in another role, he always think about how to break through the impression left by the last role. No matter what, I will continue to do my research and become an actor with depth. So I do not have pressure with regards to my next role.

ac0c5ab578ba15f036d3caa2.jpg

EDIT: JH in cullocks (is that what you call it?) I am not sure what he will be styled in next? A scottish skirt? All avart garde but well interesting! :lol:

Guest o-cha

Thanks for the translation qwenli! I enjoy the interview...Had to chuckle about what Kim Ji Suk said....hehehe

Guest Jill4675

EDIT: JH in cullocks (is that what you call it?) I am not sure what he will be styled in next? A scottish skirt? All avart garde but well interesting! :lol:

I guess you could say that was "culottes"!!! :wacko: Amazingly, he carries it off...even more amazing, he never ever seems to be fazed by the crazy hair, makeup, and styling these past few months...and it's been quite crazy lately...that little hairdresser of his really likes working on Hyuk's hair. I think he's got a crush on him!!! :rolleyes: As to these photos, there is a definite feminine vibe there!!! :phew:^_^

Yes, he's been photographed in some rather avant-garde looks lately...but maybe we cannot say avant-garde because I'm not really sure the average male is ever going to display these looks!!!! :lol:

hahatk, looks like you need to put these pics in your Picasa collection!!! :lol: They are fun!

sunglasses2.gif

I guess you could say that was "culottes"!!! :wacko: Amazingly, he carries it off...even more amazing, he never ever seems to be fazed by the crazy hair, makeup, and styling these past few months...

You are right Jill. When I first saw the photos, I was abit taken aback. But now, I realise he does carry it off. He seems to know exactly what the stylist is trying to convey and his poses tells the story. He is just such a great performer.

Have you guys notice soompi's new side bar of two cutesy character rooting for korean football? They are so cuteeeee. :D

Guest o-cha

we have to admit it..our Hyukie is a fashionista! hehehe

He really is able to pull off some 'unvonventional' look....I think the fact that he is comfortable in his own skin and in hinmself shows in all the photoshoot that he does.

sighhhh...what a good looking man.....

Since there is no news of Hyuk, I thought of sharing these pics of his hands. Thanks to a couple of fans on Baidu Tieba forum, also I took one pix from Hahatk. They look delicious to me blush.gif

Anybody know where the first one came from? The rest are from Chuno and Thank you.

Imagine, Hyuk driving you home...

th_1b89522332be467090580762.jpg

Adjusting his clothes when both of you got home...

9aafd5376a9f1ee3a2cc2b73.jpg

Reaching out for you...

5353296220100625105358040_640.jpg

Holding you...

5353296220100624180632049_640.jpg

And then...

24d410366ebc3fe3a2cc2b4b.jpg

:P:P:P

Guest jen2010

th_1b89522332be467090580762.jpg

I think this is from Thank you when Min Gi Seo drives his first girlfriend back to Seoul.

Talking about hands, kinda noticed that Hyuk wears really nice watches. Wonder if he has the habit of collecting them :P They dun look cheap, or maybe those are sponsored by the magazines :P

Guest o-cha

Hyuk's schedule update for the week of 6/28-7/4

cr: SIDUS

2010-06-28~2010-07-04 1일 매거진 < TV&스타일 > 화보촬영

2~3일 광고 <아이더> 촬영

2~3일 광고 <아이더> 촬영

7/1 --- photoshoot for <TV & Style> magazine

7/2-7/3 --- CF filming for <Eider> (a sports/outdoor apparel and accessories)

website of eider:

http://www.eider.co.kr/shop2/main/index.php

2~3일 광고 <아이더> 촬영

Guest Jill4675

Hmm, through yesterday, I could see Hangul, no problem. Now, something has been done with board settings and we get gobbledygook...posts don't display properly...pity! I hope they can put this right again... <_< Even simple hearts don't show! :(

sunglasses2.gif

Ocha - Thanks for the news. Hope to see the photos of eider soon. Hyuk seems to be really going on the sporty image track.

Jill - Yeah, I see the gobbledygook too.

Havent seen Hahatk for awhile.

........Park Yong Ha just died like that, I am not a fan of him, but we were just discussing about him right? :huh:

I am glad Hyuk seems to be the stoic, positive type. And he got Mdm Kim to support him :)

qwenli: Thanks for thinking of me. I've been quite busy lately.

Thanks ocha for the great news about Hyukie's doing another CF for Eider. His hard work in Chuno really paid off.

It's very sad that Park Yong Ha ended his life this way. It must be especially difficult for his family.

Chibi, a Japanese fan, posted the pictures of Esquire in much better quality. I did some enhancement myself on the pictures.

5365644020100630124741011_640.jpg

5365644020100630123710037_640.jpg

5365644020100630122024070_640.jpg

credit: chibi http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/chibichibijapan/MYBLOG/yblog.html

For more and larger pics, please check here

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?z=807687390&ct=335544320&lm=0&sc=0&rn=30&tn=baiduPostBrowser&word=%D5%C5%BA%D5&pn=30

or my album http://picasaweb.google.com/hahatkhyuk/Esquire201007#

hahatk - Thanks for reposting the pix, I am beginning to like these series more and more. The last one with the bikini girl on the side, seems to add to the mood even more. I must say it is a very artistic photographer!