Guest o-cha

Yeah!! Bring him back to Korea and give us a (well-written this time, please...) drama!!! :lol:

sunglasses2.gif

Amen sister! After the awesome blossomness that is Chuno I don't know if his next K-drama can live up to that...I have no doubt in Hyuk's acting ability, it's just a matter of awesome script now.

Are there any intriguing dramas in the horizon still looking for a male lead?

Amen sister! After the awesome blossomness that is Chuno I don't know if his next K-drama can live up to that...I have no doubt in Hyuk's acting ability, it's just a matter of awesome script now.

Ocha - really agree with you. I think every once in an actor's career, there will be one hit show that is so representative of their career and some people never surpass that. I think more than Thank You, Chuno is THAT show, so I am really concern about what he picks up next in Korea.

Dramabeans just put up an article on Chae Rim's appearance in Hyuk's drama

dramabeans

Filming on the show in Tokyo seems to have cover the Fuji TV station, Tokyo Tower and Ginza.

I am actively planning my trip to Seoul now and I may go as soon as two weeks time. It is really cheap to go from Shanghai and the flying time is only 1.5 hours! Plus June is really a good season to go. If this trip come true, this will be my 3rd time there, my 1st time was only a day and the 2nd time was not planned properly. So this time, I really want to cover all the places I want to go. Anybody has tips on special places to visit, please pm me! :D

Guest jen2010

I'd long to see him in a comedy

He's been doing a lot of serious characters and sad storyline since he left the army

I'd long to see him in a comedy

He's been doing a lot of serious characters and sad storyline since he left the army

Yeah I wish he would do that to give me some laughs!

New ROmantic pix from the Chinese drama filmed in Japan. Hyuk seems quite fresh and happy in the last pix.

th_W020100531424947910106.jpg

th_W020100531425038714897.jpg

th_W020100531425038126695.jpg

EDIT: Powerade CF is out.

www.youtube.com/powerade

Guest o-cha

I like the Powerade CF! Hyukie looks like he could fly!

Yeaaah I'd like to see him in a comedy too. He has a natural knack for comedy and it has been a while since he did comedy.

Edit: Article about star's marketing rating index

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype2.htm?u...01/a6a77121.htm

It talks about the fall and rise of star's marketing power from 2009 to 2010.

The fall: Jeon Ji Hyun (10-->131), Jang Dong Gun (10-->36), Lee Na Young (20-->56), Lee Young Ae (75-->76)

The rise: Kang Dong Won (23 --> 5), Lee Sun Gyun (59-->21), Gong Hyo Jin (96-->25), Hwang Jung Eum (unranked-->21), Kim Su Ro (125-->36), Lee Byung Hun (48-->36), Jang Hyuk (96-->36).

I'm glad to know that Hyuk's getting more popular and deemed to be marketable....no doubt the sucess of Chuno propelled this

Hello everyone! Went to Monterey for the Memorial Weekend and it's very relaxing.

The Powerade CF finally came out. Hyukie is cool and like a Spider Man to me in the CF ! Wish there's a better quality video.

Thanks ocha for the news. So glad Hyuk's marketing power went up remarkably. I'm a bit surprised that Gong Hyo Jin (96-->25) is even higher than Hyuk and Lee Byung Hun! Her Pasta must be good and popular. Not a big fan of her, I only saw the very beginning part of the 1st episode and then quit.

Are there any confirmed news about Hyukie's taking on that war movie ?

which war movie was he rumored to be taking?

<延平海战>,I don't know the English title for this new movie. The director, Baek Woon-Hak, is also writing the script for this movie. He directed and created the screenplay for the movie 'Tube' in 2003, wrote the scripts for the movie 'Shiri' in 2000.

I hope Hyuk has gone home to have a short break before the fan meetings in Japan on June 4th and 6th. Anyway, I'm sure Hyuk has many offers for his next work in line.

Hi everyone!

Ocha - thanks for the ranking! Jang Dong Gun slip becos of his wedding? haha.How come both he and Jang Hyuk got 36? its just some points system is it?

Hahatk- Glad you had a good trip! Wish I had some of that fresh air from the mountains, Shanghai is quite polluted.

Yeah not sure about the movie, the news has been going about for a while. But no confirmation from korean news. Am abit concern becos Joo Ji Mo and Hyun Bin is doing another movie on 3D that has the same war story background.

Still from the Chinese Drama:

20100531191215163.jpg

Another Chicken Mania Shot:

th_5834908f0c6cd5c1513d9290.jpg

Guest alloo

Hi Guys

didn't come here 4 a while

wow alot of updates as always , u r really awesome I luv u all

btw

Is Jang Hyuk oppa done with the filming of the Chinese drama ?

Hi alloo,

Yes, filming for the Chinese drama finished on 28th May.

Sidus just released information that Hyuk's Japanese fan meetings:

4th June in Tokyo Odaiba

6th June in Osaka Universal studio.

Fanmeeting entitled: Jang Hyuk with Love. Seems to have handshake opportunities with Hyuk.

The article is pretty long but the online translation I used doesnt translate properly, maybe Ocha can help. :P

sidus article

More pix from the Chinese Drama (sina website), I like him in the green outfit:

th_U3461P28T3D2977028F326DT20100603115.jpg

th_U3461P28T3D2977028F329DT20100603115.jpg

th_U3461P28T3D2977028F328DT20100603115.jpg

U3461P28T3D2977028F358DT20100603115.jpg

Guest o-cha

Hmm yeah seems like there hasn't been any more news on the war movie. I tried snooping around in DC Jang Hyuk but nada.

Thanks for the pics qwenli! I like him in the green shirt too.

This is the translation to the article posted by sidus

장혁-<추노> 日 프로모션 출국, 아시아 여심 흔든다

JangH-(2).jpg

장혁 ‘추노’ 日 프로모션 출국, 아시아 여심 흔든다

Jang Hyuk, Leaving for 'Chuno' promotion in Japan, Shaking Women's Hearts

배우 장혁이 6월 3일 KBS 2TV에서 방영된 드라마 ''추노''의 일본 프로모션을 위해 4박5일 일정으로 일본을 방문한다.

Actor Jang Hyuk visits Japan for 4 nights 5 days for the promotion of KBS 2TV's 'Chuno' in Japn on June 3rd.

장혁은 일본에서 ''추노'' 프로모션을 알리는 기자회견, 개별 매체 인터뷰 등은 물론 총 2번의 팬미팅을 통해 일본 팬들과 뜻 깊은 만남을 가질 계획이다. 이번 팬미팅은 ''장혁 with LOVE''라는 타이틀로 6월 4일 도쿄 오다이바의 제프 도쿄(ZEPP TOKYO), 6월 6일 오사카의 유니버설 스튜디오 재팬에서 열린다.

In Japan Jang Hyuk will have press conference, media interviews, personal interviews,etc and plans on having 2 separate fan meetings to get to know the fans better. This time the fan meeting will be called "Jang Hyuk with LOVE" and will be held on June 4th at Tokyo's Odaiba(sp?) Zepp Tokyo and on June 6th at Osaka's Universal Studio Japan.

장혁은 팬미팅을 통해 ''추노''와 배우 장혁에 대한 진솔한 이야기를 나누는 것을 물론, 팬들과 함께하는 다양한 이벤트로 즐거운 시간을 보낼 예정이다. 또 두 곡의 노래를 선보며 숨겨왔던 노래 실력을 공개한다.

In the fan meeting Jang Hyuk will talk honestly and share stories about 'Chuno' and himself. He also plans to have various events and share happy times together with the fans. He will also sing 2 songs revealing his hidden singing skills.

특히 드라마에서 화려한 액션연기로 시청자들의 눈을 사로잡은 장혁은 특기인 절권도를 선보여 남성다운 매력을 과시할 것으로 보인다. 더불어 함께 해준 팬들에 대한 감사의 마음을 담아 팬미팅 후 악수회를 가지며 따뜻한 마음을 나눈다.

Jang Hyuk who captured viewers' attention with spectacular action scenes will show his manly charms by showcasing his Jeet Kune Do skills. After the fan meeting, there wull be a chance to shake hands with him to show his thankful hearts to the fans.

이번 프로모션의 관계자는 "''추노''는 한국을 ''추노 열풍''으로 열광하게 만든 드라마 인 만큼 일본 현지의 관심 또한 매우 높다. 특히 ''추노''를 통해 최고의 연기와 최고의 액션으로 찬사를 받은 장혁씨에 대한 관심이 그 어느 때 보다 뜨겁다"며 "장혁씨는 이번 프로모션을 통해 팬들과 더욱 가깝고 뜻 깊은 시간을 보낼 수 있을 것으로 기대된다"고 밝혔다.

A representative from the promotion event said "The drama 'Chuno' created a 'Chuno explosion' in Korea so the local interest in Japan is also really high. Especially the interest for Jang Hyuk-ssi, whose acting and action for 'Chuno' received much acclaim, is much higher now." He also said "Jang Hyuk-ssi is looking forward to be getting closer and spending more meaningful time with the fans in this promotion."

한편 ''추노''는 일본 위성방송 소-넷(SO-NET)에서 4월 20일부터 방송돼 일본 시청자들의 뜨거운 관심을 받고 있다. 또 장혁 주연의 중국드라마 ''이브의 모든 것''은 오는 9월, 중국 절강TV를 통해 방송될 예정이라 앞으로 한류스타 장혁의 활발한 행보를 기대하게 만든다.

On the other hand 'Chuno' has been broadcasted by the satellite broadcasting channel SO-NET since April 20 and has received high interest from viewers. Furthermore Jang Hyuk will be in a Chinese drama version of 'All About Eve' which will air on September on Chinese JeolGang TV. In the future Jang Hyuk is expected to actively make his way as a Hallyu star.

기사제공 : 뉴스엔 (Newsen) / 김유경 기자 (Kim Yoo Kyung reporting) / 2010.06.03

-무단 게재 및 배포 금지-

Guest o-cha

another news about Hyuk going to Japan

http://www.hancinema.net/jang-hyeok-to-pro...pan--23619.html

Jang Hyeok to promote "The Slave Hunters" in Japan

Korean actor Jang Hyeok will be leaving for Japan today to promote his hit TV series "The Slave Hunters", which is currently airing in the country.

Sidus HQ announced in a press release Thursday that the actor will be carrying out various promotional activities during his five-day visit including a press conference, interviews with local media and two fan meetings.

The fan meetings, titled "Jang Hyeok with LOVE", will be held at Tokyo's ZEPP music hall tomorrow and at Osaka's Universal Studios Japan on Sunday.

"The local interest in Jang Hyeok is higher than ever", said a source related to the Japan promotion event. "We expect that this promotion will allow Jang to have an intimate, meaningful time with his fans".

Jang will be talking to Japanese fans about the drama as well as performing two songs and demonstrating Jeet Kune Do, a martial arts system created by legendary action star Bruce Lee.

"Hunters", about a slave hunter named Dae-gil (played by Jang), became one of the most-watched shows in Korea during its run earlier this year and has been airing on Japan's cable channel SO-NET since April 20.

Jang, who made his acting debut in 1996 thru SBS TV series "Model", has appeared in many films and television dramas including "School" (KBS, 1999), "The Successful Story Of A Bright Girl" (SBS, 2002) and "Tazza" (SBS, 2008), a small screen adaptation of the 2006 Korean film.

He is set to star in the Chinese remake of hit Korean drama "All About Eve", to premiere in China in September.

Reporter : Lynn Kim lynn2878@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Guest o-cha

thanks hahatk! Our boy looks good! His moustache is back..hehehe. I really like his jacket. He is looking stylish.

Hopefully we'll get to hear about how the fan meeting went.

Guest o-cha

picture time.....dare I say our Hyukie is regaining his snow white skin? :lol:

cr: yonhap news

20100605093509449.jpg

20100605093508276.jpg

20100605093510677.jpg

20100605093513067.jpg

20100605093511951.jpg

Article

http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2010/....HTML?did=1179m

'추노' 장혁 "다양한 역에 도전하고파"

'Chuno' Jang Hyuk "I like the challenge of (playing) a varied/diverse role"

(도쿄=연합뉴스) 이태문 통신원 = 한류스타 장혁이 주연작 '추노' 홍보를 위해 일본을 찾았다.

(Tokyo=Yonhap News) Correspondent Lee Dae Moon = Hallyu star Jang Hyuk went to Japan to promote 'Chuno'.

장혁은 오는 10월22일부터 '추노'를 독점 대여하기로 한 일본 최대 DVDㆍCD 대여업체인 쓰타야(TSUTAYA)가 4일 도쿄 오다이바의 제프도쿄에서 마련한 공식 기자회견에 참석해 "(추노가) 기존의 사극과 달리 서민의 삶을 그린 점이 주목받은 것 같다"고 말했다.

From October 22 'Chuno' will be available exclusively to rent at one of Japan's largest DVD-CD rental chain Tsutaya. On June 4th Jang Hyuk attended the official press conference prepared by Tsutaya at Tokyo Odaiba's Zepp Tokyo. Jang Hyuk said "(Chuno) is a different kind of sageuk which talks about the lives of commoners and it has received much attention because of it."

주인공 이대길 연기에 대해서는 "선과 악으로 나눌 수 없는 보통 사람으로 양반에서 추노로 전락하는 과정을 그렸다"며 "눈빛에 뜨거운 정열을 담으려고 연기했다"고 덧붙였다.

He talked about acting the hero role Lee Dae Gil "He is a regular person who can't be categorized as good or evil as (the drama) portrays his fall from a noble to a slave hunter."

아울러 이다해가 연기한 김혜원(언년이)에 대한 10년 사랑과 관련해서는 "액션 장면 등과 다르게 언년이를 대할 때는 눈에 힘이 들어가지 않을까 신경썼다. 감정에 충실하게 연기했으며, 언년이로 인해 유치한 사랑에서 성장해가는 사랑을 그렸다"고 말했다.

He also talked about the 10 year love and relationship with Kim Hye Won/Un Nyun played by Lee Da Hae "I really take into consideration about how different he is when doing action scenes compared to when he is with Un Nyun. When (he's with her) his eyes seem to lose all their strength. I try to act this emotion faithfully, drawn in by how his childish love grew"

이어 "앞으로 평범한 회사원을 비롯해 다양한 역에 도전하고 싶다"고 포부를 밝히기도 했다.

Later on he revealed his aspiration "In the future I'd like a challenge of playing various roles including a common office worker."

한편, 기자회견 후 열린 팬 이벤트 '장혁 with LOVE'에서 장혁은 드라마 뒷이야기와 함께 "아무것도 가진 게 없는 게 장점이자 단점"이라며 자신을 소개하는가 하면, 노래와 절권도 실력을 선보이기도 했다.

After the press conference there was a fan event 'Jang Hyuk with LOVE' and Jang Hyuk talked about behind the scene story of the drama. He introduced himself with "(I) don't have anything. (My) strong point is a weak point." {sorry not sure about this part} He also sang and showed his Jeet Kune Do skills.

Thanks ocha, again ,for the translation of the latest news. I think Hyuk's skin is still not as fair as his normal tone yet. But he looks definitely great and trendy with rings, necklace and the outfits in the press conference.

More stills from the Bohae Wine CF shooting.

51747097201006052023043042086574199_000.jpg

Guest Jill4675

thankyou.gif Thanks, o-cha, for the translations and pics! And thanks as always, hahatk, for keeping us up to date with ♥Hyuk♥!!! :lol:

BTW, he's always going to look a lot lighter without all that spray tan...but I didn't mind the spray tan at all! :rolleyes:

sunglasses2.gif