Greetings from Nagoya, everyone! The weather in Japan has been absolutely fantastic for days! Here in Nagoya it is just amazing! Usually by now it is raining and warmer. But there is a cool weather pattern! One of my friends said it snowed in Tokyo on April 17, which matched the record! I purchased a new expensive rain jacket for the trip and it has not been out of my suitcase.

Oh Jill, glad you have good weather for your holiday! I have not been to Nagoya, its very cultural right? I only did Tokyo/Osaka/Kyoto. Yes I don't know why Chae Rim is acting as an ajumma when she is not even over 35?

Would you be in Tokyo on the 22nd? By way of infering, we deduce that Hyuk is likely to be in Tokyo on the 22nd for the filming. Maybe you will bump into him! :D

Guest Jill4675

Would you be in Tokyo on the 22nd? By way of infering, we deduce that Hyuk is likely to be in Tokyo on the 22nd for the filming. Maybe you will bump into him! :D

Oh, no! :lol: I will be in Hokkaido and will not arrive in Tokyo until the morning of the 23d! :(

I hope someone (Zoi??) will get some pictures! ;)

sunglasses2.gif

Some report on the Powerade CF that Hyuk is doing: The ad will be televised next month, (probably to coincide with World Cup). The concept is something like Sports is life. Hence a sports lover challenging several stunts such as extreme sports and the yamakasi style of doing jumps over buildings, stuff that youngsters are interested in. A representative from the company say that Hyuk's charm and determination to overcome challenges image matches Powerade's image of striving to challenge in all areas.

I translated into English base on another very rough translation in Chinese, but I think we get the idea.

Another shot of the couple in the drama.

201005181154130631c.jpg

I am seriously getting really jealous of all these couple shots!! :wacko:

Guest alloo

It seems that there will be a kiss *_*

BTW will be there any chance to watch this show with Eng sub ?

Thanx qwenli , Jill4675 and all of u 4 the updates .. U R really awesome

Guest stellar_star

^

^

:lol: Is it just me or is is Hyuk better looking than the Chinese actress? Maybe I'm biased, but they don't look particularily good together....

Thanks again for all the pics ;)

Alloo - I don't know, since Hyuk is in it, perhaps someone will translate. Anyway there are rumours that the telecast date will be pushed from Sep to Nov. So its a long wait........

Stellar - Some Chinese fans said the same thing. The girl is newbie in acting, she is actually a broadcaster/Compere, so my hopes are not high about her performance.

Ok the evidence is in the pix, Chae Rim is in the show!!. Yesterday, Chae joined the cast for the first time and said she is very excited to be in the show because the original drama was very important to her. She has not met Hyuk before. She admire Hyuk and think he is not only just a pop idol but a good actor and look forward to acting with him. To her it was interesting that their first collaboration is in a Chinese production and in the remake of this drama.

It was reported that in the scene, Hyuk managed to cry in just 3 seconds! :)

th_488461_1200x1000_192.jpg

th_488462_1200x1000_192.jpg

click to enlarge

Guest Jill4675

Ok the evidence is in the pix, Chae Rim is in the show!!. Yesterday, Chae joined the cast for the first time and said she is very excited to be in the show because the original drama was very important to her. She has not met Hyuk before. She admire Hyuk and think he is not only just a pop idol but a good actor and look forward to acting with him. To her it was interesting that their first collaboration is in a Chinese production and in the remake of this drama.

It was reported that in the scene, Hyuk managed to cry in just 3 seconds!

I'm curious: what role is Chae Rim playing in the drama???? Interesting she's never met him before!

Not surprising he could cry in 3 seconds...as o-cha once said, he could give a master class in crying! He's the best I've seen when it comes to that!!! ;)

Thanks so much, qwenli, for keeping us so well-informed! I really helps to have Chinese language members here!!! :P You are giving us all the latest news! The Chinese board is, unfortunately, impenetrable to me!!! :lol: Oh, just saw your latest post! I will try to check it out!!! :)

EDIT: Wow! It's almost like he was giving a speech! I've watched six minutes of the total 9:40. He looks good. Actually, I miss the longer hair of Chuno, but his hair definitely looks a lot better now than it did in the beginning!!! :lol:

I just arrived in Hachinohe. Leaving for Sapporo tomorrow a.m. It's quite chilly here in the north!!! :o

PS, :rolleyes: Of COURSE, Hyuk is better looking... :D

sunglasses2.gif

I'm curious: what role is Chae Rim playing in the drama???? Interesting she's never met him before!

EDIT: Wow! It's almost like he was giving a speech! I've watched six minutes of the total 9:40. He looks good. Actually, I miss the longer hair of Chuno, but his hair definitely looks a lot better now than it did in the beginning!!! :lol:

hi Jill, aye the Hokkaido air must be goood??!! The girl running the Chinese BBS is very dedicated and impressive, flash her any photo of Hyuk and she can tell you which magazine or show that it is from!

Chae Rim seems to be playing the old/first love of Hyuk in the show who died off (as seen in the hospital scene), thereafter then he fall in love with the character played by Zhu Dan. Chae Rim only did one day of filming.

Yeah he has so much to say. I find that he is actually quite intellectual but some of the things he say seems quite diplomatic... Maybe he couldnt say anything in China (nobody understand him) so at any chance, he let it all out! hahah.

ok here we go:

translation of the video, note I translate from the chinese subtitles too which I think already summarise abit of what he said.

Question: Please greet friends on Sohu through the camera

Hyuk: Hi everyone, I am Jang Hyuk, I am now filming the China version of All About Eve. The filming will be completed very soon, hope to see everyone then.

13sec Question: Do you feel that China has changed alot after returning to China to film after so many years?

Hyuk: I have not been to China for a long time, I do find that China change alot. Beijing Olympics was already hosted successfully and now the Expo is also going on in Shanghai. Everywhere I can see the promotion of the the Expo. When I was filming in Shanghai, I also paid attention to the Expo. I feel that China has become cleaner and more beautiful.

50sec Question: Is there any changes to your state of mind/feelings over these 2 filming (past vs present)

Hyuk: I feel that although there are cultural differences between China and Korea, but during work, the most important is who the working partners are. This time working with the China crew and actors, I can say that the chemistry is good. Even till now I am quite happy (satisfy) with the filmin. Our whole team is working hard to fnish the last stage of filming. Hopefully after completion, everyone will be satisfy with the product (drama) too and find it interesting.

1:27min Question: What your impression of Zhu Dan, Cheryl Yang Jin Hua and Chae Rim?

Hyuk: Chae Rim acted in the Korean version of All About Eve and like me is a Korean actor. First I like to thank her specially. She came from Korea to join the shoot especially for this show and to support me.

Actually today is the first time I meet Chae Rim, but because we are both from Korean actors from the same environment and share the same language, the collaboration is very natural.

As for Zhu Dan SSi and Cheryl Yang SSi, this is the first time I am acting in a China drama, so I am not clear how to fit into the collaboration in the beginning but the two of them help me a lot. Even though when we are acting together there is a language barrier issue, but we could interact base on body language such as eye contact and emotional expressions.

Everyone work well together.

3:13min Question: We heard you read alot of scripts in your leisure (now I am not sure whether it is refering to him reading all sorts of scripts or reading one script many times, but it seems more likely to be about the first one).

Hyuk: I feel that as an actor, reading scritps is a necessary homework. Whether it is my own or others, because it can help you understand what kind of content need to be presented. I feel that it is a great help to acting, hence I read alot of scripts.

3:45 Question: How do you feel about China movies and drama?

Hyuk: When I was young, I watched a lot of China films and rama. In secondary/high school, I watched them be it HK or mainland Chinese shows. Most works are very humanistic, done from a very human perspective. Also I was very attracted to the Wuxia genre (swordfighting shows). Overall due to China's long history and big landscape, there could be many background and ideas for shows. There is very deep 人情味 person to person perspective.

4.45 Question: Why did you join this new China Drama?

Hyuk: I choose characters suitable for me and the platform that can showcase the character, most importantly, the story and character attracted me very much.

Prior to this, I have always work in Korea so being able to come to China is a good opportunity. In terms of experience, I can also experience another country's culture. Plus the feeling about the director and the other actors are good. Hence due to various reasons, I decided to act in this drama.

6:03 Question: Joining a new production and start filming immediately after Chuno is done, do you feel tedious/tired?

Hyuk: No I don't feel tired and even find it interesting. Because I like the film set. The set gives one a cheerful and happy feeling, sometime frustraing and even anger when I cant express what I feel. But the film set is so full of energy so I feel excited and happy when I am working.

Question: With regards to your character, what areas would you interpret and perform differently from Jang Dong Gun?

Hyuk: Yes, Jang Dong Gun is a senior (sunbae) that I have many areas o learn from, but even if the character has the same personality, because the way of performing is different, there will be differences.

Hence I am also trying to perform differently from Jang Dong Gun in interpreting my character and infused it with my own style. If the performance is different, it will be different.

7.21 Question: What are your plans for the future as an actor?

Hyuk: This drama is not completed yet, I will continue to work hard for the rest of my characters's part to continue what I want to express.

8:09 Question: Please send some greetings to our China fans.

Hyuk: Hello to all China fans. I am now in Beijing doing the interview with Sohu. The drama filming is smooth, hope when everyone watched the show you will have the same feeling. I will become a hardworking actor at all times. Please give me much of your support. Thank you.

The next two chinese words that pop up is Silence (hospital scene). Shots of the filming.

---------------------------------

By the way the music in the background is from Will it Snow for Christmas(WISFC). I was very emotional when I saw the video with that music becos WISFC led me to Hyuk. WISC ratings were doing ok until Chuno came up. I pop by to see what was Chuno all about and was hooked from then on.....

Wow, really need to snooze now, after writing so much! :)

Guest o-cha

Was browsing some old pix and found this. Taken in mid 2009 when he was in Japan opening a baseball game.

I seriously like him fair.

I agree with you...I always associate Hyuk with fair skin..hehehe...but fear not...I think pretty sure our Hyukie will be back to his snow white complexion :lol:

It was reported that in the scene, Hyuk managed to cry in just 3 seconds! :)

That's so cool that Chae Rim has a cameo in the Chinese All About Eve...like CR said AAE meant a lot to her so to even do a cameo should be meaningful.

Hyuk and crying comes as natural as ice cream and ice cream cone, peanut butter and jelly :lol:

Not surprising he could cry in 3 seconds...as o-cha once said, he could give a master class in crying! He's the best I've seen when it comes to that!!! ;)

Thanks so much, qwenli, for keeping us so well-informed! I really helps to have Chinese language members here!!! :P You are giving us all the latest news! The Chinese board is, unfortunately, impenetrable to me!!! :lol: Oh, just saw your latest post! I will try to check it out!!! :)

I just arrived in Hachinohe. Leaving for Sapporo tomorrow a.m. It's quite chilly here in the north!!! :o

PS, :rolleyes: Of COURSE, Hyuk is better looking... :D

sunglasses2.gif

Bwahahahahahahaha Jill....your comment "Of COURSE, Hyuk is better looking... :D " I'm nodding along to this..hehehe.

Hyuk really should give a master class at isidus academy on crying....that man knows how to cry.

Sounds like you're having fun in Japan~~~ come back here fully refreshed, a'ight? :lol:

ok here we go:

translation of the video, note I translate from the chinese subtitles too which I think already summarise abit of what he said.

3:45 Question: How do you feel about China movies and drama?

Hyuk: When I was young, I watched a lot of China films and rama. In secondary/high school, I watched them be it HK or mainland Chinese shows. Most works are very humanistic, done from a very human perspective. Also I was very attracted to the Wuxia genre (swordfighting shows). Overall due to China's long history and big landscape, there could be many background and ideas for shows. There is very deep 人情味 person to person perspective.

4.45 Question: Why did you join this new China Drama?

Hyuk: I choose characters suitable for me and the platform that can showcase the character, most importantly, the story and character attracted me very much.

Prior to this, I have always work in Korea so being able to come to China is a good opportunity. In terms of experience, I can also experience another country's culture. Plus the feeling about the director and the other actors are good. Hence due to various reasons, I decided to act in this drama.

6:03 Question: Joining a new production and start filming immediately after Chuno is done, do you feel tedious/tired?

Hyuk: No I don't feel tired and even find it interesting. Because I like the film set. The set gives one a cheerful and happy feeling, sometime frustraing and even anger when I cant express what I feel. But the film set is so full of energy so I feel excited and happy when I am working.

Question: With regards to your character, what areas would you interpret and perform differently from Jang Dong Gun?

Hyuk: Yes, Jang Dong Gun is a senior (sunbae) that I have many areas o learn from, but even if the character has the same personality, because the way of performing is different, there will be differences.

Hence I am also trying to perform differently from Jang Dong Gun in interpreting my character and infused it with my own style. If the performance is different, it will be different.

7.21 Question: What are your plans for the future as an actor?

Hyuk: This drama is not completed yet, I will continue to work hard for the rest of my characters's part to continue what I want to express.

8:09 Question: Please send some greetings to our China fans.

Hyuk: Hello to all China fans. I am now in Beijing doing the interview with Sohu. The drama filming is smooth, hope when everyone watched the show you will have the same feeling. I will become a hardworking actor at all times. Please give me much of your support. Thank you.

The next two chinese words that pop up is Silence (hospital scene). Shots of the filming.

---------------------------------

By the way the music in the background is from Will it Snow for Christmas(WISFC). I was very emotional when I saw the video with that music becos WISFC led me to Hyuk. WISC ratings were doing ok until Chuno came up. I pop by to see what was Chuno all about and was hooked from then on.....

Wow, really need to snooze now, after writing so much! :)

Thank you qwenli! Gosshh Hyuk is so serious in the interview..he almost looks like a reporter there :lol:

Since he mentioned reading many different scripts/scenarios.....does that mean he's already thinking about his new project? :D I am hoping for another great K-drama from Hyuk....Chuno caliber ...hehehehe

Speaking about Chae Rim.....I do feel bad that she's now relegated to ahjumma roles...gosh...she's only 31...wayyy too young to be a full blown ahjumma...the woman is pretty and I personally think she is still cute as a button....I'd like her to play a not so ahjumma-ish role....

Hmm..maybe next a Jang Hyuk-Chae Rim collaboration in Korea? :)

edit: Has this been posted yet? some BTS from the Powerade CF shooting

http://media.daum.net/entertain/others/vie...847&p=ystar

just click on the vid in the link

I

Since he mentioned reading many different scripts/scenarios.....does that mean he's already thinking about his new project? :D I am hoping for another great K-drama from Hyuk....Chuno caliber ...hehehehe

edit: Has this been posted yet? some BTS from the Powerade CF shooting

http://media.daum.net/entertain/others/vie...847&p=ystar

just click on the vid in the link

Ocha - thks for the link! I missed that. Poor Hyuk having to do all those stunts. That teenage boy look so harmless until he did tat wallflipped thing! hahaI can almost feel Hyuk's stress to deliver the same. Man, he is really SO slim. And he can run in a straight line yeah! :P

About the script reading, I think the chinese translation summarised what he said. Becos I can hear all the korean oton, oton (how) are not translated.

Guest Jill4675

o-cha! Thanks for the vid link...gosh, that was some hard work he had to do!!! :o

I'm currently in Sapporo. We got here at around 4 pm. Weather is cloudy and cool, but not cold...I find it comfortable!

Thanks, qwenli, as always for keeping us fully informed!!! :lol:

sunglasses2.gif

I'm currently in Sapporo. We got here at around 4 pm. Weather is cloudy and cool, but not cold...I find it comfortable!

Jill - you must keep a look out for Hyukie yeah, heard they are filming in Hokkaido too, just not sure when. Also I heard the milk there is fantastically different. Try and tell us!

Here are the pix from the interview with Sohu. They were posted on the reporter's blog (the girl in the pix). I call her a girl becos she keep refering to Hyuk as ajusshi in her blog! And she must be very short to only reach up to his chin. I am about 162cm and I reach up to his nose. heehee. She said that Hyuk asked her in Korean to smile when taking the photo but in the end he did but she didnt!

6f0bd830d2047823eac4af33.jpg

I love this shot!

th_12962e87d45g215.jpg

th_12963f12634g213.jpg

Edit - the red doll Hyuk holding is Sohu's mascot - a fox I think.

Roddy - nice to see u around here!

Jang Hyuk with a Cat!.

Shots and story from the drama official site.

Hyuk's character name is Chen YiPu (Chen), female lead's name is Xu Dan Ping (Xu),

second female lead is Xia Zhen Nan (Xia)

--------------------------------

>Xu: 希望你们记得,你们那些青涩的岁月,在那些年里,睡在你上铺的兄弟,为你送笔记的姐妹,送出你们说不出口的爱,再见,同学们,再见……

I hope you will all remember in those innocent young days, in those years, those brothers who slept on the bench, those sisters who sent you school notes sending you unspeakable love. Goodbye, schoolmates, goodbye...

th_20100520111646692.jpg

陈易朴沿着熟悉的小道步行到校园里那棵梧桐树处,他坐在大树下的长椅上,听着丹萍的声音,脸上浮现出不可思议的表情,一只猫窜到了椅子上,陈易朴低头看着猫,抬手抚摸着这只猫。

Chen stroll along the familiar path to that tree in school. As he sat on the bench under the tree, he heard Danping's voice and have a strange expression on his face. A cat jumped on to the bench and Chen look down at it and stroke it.

>Xia: 正男急匆匆的骑着脚踏车,看到树下的陈易朴,一把刹住闸,停下自行车,走到陈易朴的面前,她胡噜了一下猫的脑袋:哎呀,终于看见你了,我找你好几天了。

陈易朴抬头看着夏正男,他脸上的忧郁表情一下子吸引了正男。

Xia was riding on her bicycle and brake to a halt to stop when she saw this guy under the tree. She walk towards him and ruffle the cat's head and said Oh, I finally found you, I have been looking for you for days. Chen look up to Xia and his melancholic face attracted Xia.

th_20100520111921666.jpg

陈易朴:我是第一次看到它。

正男:连这只校猫都不认识,看来你不是我们学校的。

陈易朴:是,我不是你们学校的,我是特意到这个地方寻找一些东西。

正男好奇:寻找什么?一定是失去的记忆?

陈易朴:也许吧……

Chen: This is the first time I see this cat

Xia: If you don't even know this cat, you must not be from our school

Chen: Yep, I am not from your school, I come specially to this place to look for something.

Xia curious: What are you looking for, must be a lost memory?

Chen: Perhaps....

th_20100520112210890.jpg

陈易朴和丹萍就这样擦肩而过,他没有想到,那个让他心动的声音,正是丹萍的声音。

Chen and Xu walk past each other, he will not realised that the voice that moved him was Xu's voice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I cant stand it. Hyuk's character is melancholic ie likely I will have to standby Kleenex tissue for the show. The dialogue is so melodrama. Oh I cannot take it. :o I really wish Hyuk will film a comedy!!

Hi Catherine! Which interview is that? I don't recall Hyuk mentioning Rain as a good friend.I only know Rain is close to g.o.d members and Hyuk is close to the group too, maybe that's how they know each other.

Guest Jill4675

Hello from Tokyo...

qwenli, I can't believe he was going to film in Hokkaido...obviously, I'm no longer there (LOL), and it's a big place. I was mainly in Sapporo...most likely he was going to be elsewhere in some scenic spot... <_<

Thanks so much for the recent pics... (wish he'd stop smoking... :( I hope he doesn't smoke around his kids!!! :o).

I'm meeting my friend tomorrow. I am going to try to make her help me look for some Japanese fan mags featuring Korean stars... :lol: She thinks I'm crazy, so I might not be successful!!! :P

sunglasses2.gif

Thanks so much for the recent pics... (wish he'd stop smoking... :( I hope he doesn't smoke around his kids!!! :o).

My goodness Jill, your eyes are sharp!

I never even notice the ciggy in the pix!

Well as if it is not bad enough, a few of the China fans gave him a Bruce Lee image Zippo lighter! :wacko: