Hey everyone, been an admiring of Hyuk since his days of Thank You. I thought he was excellent there but Chuno is by far his greatest performance yet. Goodness I feel so much pain for the guy everytime he's on screen. He really is that excellent in portraying the character DG who's been searching for his love for the past 10 years. Can't wait to see more of what's to come but in the mean time thanks for all the photo updates. He looks wonderful.

He was awesome in Thank You. I totally agree that he has talent and he is getting better.I think many missed him in both in Thank You and Robbers but Chuno will get him the popularity he deserves to go with that huge talent.

Guest imogene_af

he's been seriously giving me goosebumps and squees from Thank You, Robbers, Tazza, and now Chuno. I think Jang Hyuk may have surpassed any of my K-drama men now. I love him even more thanks to Dae Gil.

Oh yes oh yes chinggu.

I'm kinda writing something on Jang Hyuk in my blog right now, and I just don't know the right words! >.<

Having seen Ep 16 in full and with subs, I can only say that Jang Hyuk's da BOMB in here!

We totally are not worthy of his performance in Chuno.

We are not worthy!!

Guest imogene_af

^

I am seriously DREAMING of him. Siiigh. :lol: his wife is one lucky, lucky woman.

He is a league of his own in CHUNO. Sorry, just a league of his own, his emotions in like his hands alone can wipe out the entire cast there. He's THAT good. I love him, seriously. :lol:

Guest roddy_1

Ggguhhh...he's.....words fail me.... :P

Am watching Robber right now and he's just killing me in every scene - how can such a scumbag be so damn charming, silly, sweet, funny and heartbreaking all at once??? It's not fair!

I'm so angry now, I want to jump on him and do baaaaaaaaaad things, lol.

Guest Jill4675

imogene_af and ripgal, you are cracking me up!!! :lol:

Anyway, you've saved me the trouble of posting; I can just say DITTO!!! wub-1.gif The greatest thing for Jang Hyuk is that FINALLY he got a large audience that GOT him and now sees what he can do. Some of us were on the bandwagon long ago, because we know a good thing when we see it!!! Amour_7.gif

roddy_1, I'm glad you've "seen the light" and chosen the Chuno and JH threads for your first few posts! 7_5_1311.gif Stick around ~ it's going to be interesting! :D (Too bad you didn't participate in the Robber thread...we had plenty of fun back then... ;).)

sunglasses2.gif

Guest roddy_1

Love to join you guys here, hehe.

Actually my first Korean drama years and years ago was Story of a Bright Girl? (Can never get the title right). A friend told me to watch after I went on and on about japanese dramas (I was into Beach boys at the time lol). Anyway, at first I couldn't stand JH - I told my friend: the hero is such a arrogant jacka**, he's always bullying the heroine (I also didn't think much of Korean heroines at that time - they seemed so meek and long-suffering, heh). But my friend said, be patient, he's got something. And she was right, he made that character someone that you want to keep watching because he kept changing little by little, like peeling an onion, by the time you got to the center, he just makes you melt.

I watched all his early movies - love the Jang Hyuk - Jeon Ji Hyun tandem, and keeping my fingers crossed that they'll team up again.

Then there was the military scandal, and I was soooooooo crushed because I didn't think he would dodge military duty. But again, JH shows his complexity. Because unlike SSH, the other draft dodger, he never bothered denying it. Simply kept a low profile, signed up and did his duty like a man, and later said that he made a mistake and was sorry for it.

LOVE. HIM.

And then came Thank You. All I can say is: JH-shi: thank youuuuuuuuu! I've never seen a man as sexy as Dr Min just being a doctor :P . All he had to do was say: "tube" "EPI" "cardiovascular" thingy whatnot, and I was sunk :lol: . He mourned a dead girlfriend ("have you eaten, my love?"), kissed babies, pee'd in the grass, gave an old demented man a bath, played guardian angel to a woman and child almost against his will, understood the last wishes of the dying ("hyung, choco-pie!"), forgave his father, and in the process became a better man (AND he could still kill you just by saying: "3 sections of rifampin" :lol: !).

That's the mystery of JH. It's like he's totally unconscious when he's acting. He'll cut people up / cry / spit / throw-up / whatever, but he's so real that instead of being turned off, you get sucked in. He acts the way real people would behave / would be. He acts like an actor who doesn't give a sh!t about what people think, and if that just happens to make him the sexiest dude alive, well... what to do, he can't help it :P .

I am seriously DREAMING of him. Siiigh. :lol: his wife is one lucky, lucky woman.

literally?

bc I really did have a dream about him today...and he was in High Low Cut attire. doa.gif

I'm sorry, but that's all I can divulge about my dream. t1803blushing.gif

Here is the link to watch online and seed to the program interviewing Jang Hyuk aired on 20100223.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUzOTM2NzA0.html

http://www.brsbox.com/filebox/down/fc/d7f5...3296a99fcd6f654

Thank you for this link!

This was KBS's 여유만만, right? What is the show called in English?

I'd like to try to find it to download.

thanks hahatk! I love watching the clip. I am always amazed at how different Hyuk is off-screen. His eyes are always so tender off-screen.

BTW just to point out a few things from the clip

- Danny Ahn said that there are pictures of Hyuk's abs from Chuno at health clubs...health clubs use his picture to promote their body sculpting program :lol:

- When asked about Hyuk as a husband --- Kim Jong Kook said that hyuk is like a sheep/lamb among his family....hehehe. Danny said that whenever his wife called he is so different..usually he answers his phone in a lazy pose but when his wife calls he'd stand up straight..:lol:

-Hyuk as a father --- Kim Jong Kook said that Hyuk and Cha Tae Hyun like to show pics of their sons. Hong Kyung Min said that Hyuk is like a superman for his kids he's willing to do anything

To add to o-cha's notes,

- JH's wife REALLY wants him to cut his hair, so I'm sure he will comply as soon as filming ends.

- Jeon Ji Hyun is the only female costar that he calls informally (Ji Hyun-i). With everyone else, he uses -sshi.

- JH used to "borrow" Danny's (and G.O.D members? - did they used to train/live together...be part of same agency or something?) underwear that was left out to dry after washing. :lol: Of course, he would wash and hang the underwear back up after wearing...but because they kept disappearing, the guys thought someone was stealing their underwear...until they saw him with it on, and went - so, it was you! lol-049.gif

Guest Jill4675

That's the mystery of JH. It's like he's totally unconscious when he's acting. He'll cut people up / cry / spit / throw-up / whatever, but he's so real that instead of being turned off, you get sucked in. He acts the way real people would behave / would be. He acts like an actor who doesn't give a sh!t about what people think, and if that just happens to make him the sexiest dude alive, well... what to do, he can't help it :P .

Nice expressed, roddy_1! And absolutely correct! thumbs-up.gif

To add to o-cha's notes,

- JH's wife REALLY wants him to cut his hair, so I'm sure he will comply as soon as filming ends.

- Jeon Ji Hyun is the only female costar that he calls informally (Ji Hyun-i). With everyone else, he uses -sshi.

- JH used to "borrow" Danny's (and G.O.D members? - did they used to train/live together...be part of same agency or something?) underwear that was left out to dry after washing. :lol: Of course, he would wash and hang the underwear back up after wearing...but because they kept disappearing, the guys thought someone was stealing their underwear...until they saw him with it on, and went - so, it was you! lol-049.gif

sign0020.gif The underwear story is hilarious...thanks, hjkomo, for the additional info from that program...I DO wish someone would upload it to MU.

Hmmm, he's definitely appeared in a few of my dreams... thunk.gif:rolleyes:

sunglasses2.gif

thanks hjkomo for the adding to the interview. Hyukbest has asked someone to do the Chinese substitle for the program video. I can't wait to watch it and be able to understand what Hyukie's and his buddies talking about.

The missing underwear cracks me up! :P

ripgal:I would love to read your blog. Let me know where your blog is!

I've uploaded this video to MU and this is my first time uploading sth to MU successfully. It was so fast and I'm not sure if it works. Let me know if it really works. Here is the link.

Jang Hyuk Interview aired on 20100223

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D66H6A6H

Guest Jill4675

...I've uploaded this video to MU and this is my first time uploading sth to MU successfully. It was so fast and I'm not sure if it works. Let me know if it really works. Here is the link.

Jang Hyuk Interview aired on 20100223

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D66H6A6H

DL'ing now, hahatk! Will let you know if all looks good! Seems okay so far; file size is around 684MB, which sounds right... Thanks for your effort!!! :D

sunglasses2.gif

Guest ripgal

literally?

bc I really did have a dream about him today...and he was in High Low Cut attire. doa.gif

I'm sorry, but that's all I can divulge about my dream.

Haha your pervi-ness has kicked in real hard nowadays huh?

But you deserve it, cos you're the ultimate Choco-guardian! :P

ripgal:I would love to read your blog. Let me know where your blog is!

Here you go.. :blush:

http://ripgal.wordpress.com/

Review posted, but I think it's just all over the place..

Wasn't in my right mind, with JH's eheemm choco abs and expressions occupying half my mind..aiks..

Guest Jill4675

Wasn't in my right mind, with JH's eheemm choco abs and expressions occupying half my mind..aiks..

:lol: Oh, yeah ~ she even had to post the HighCut pics...aww-wub.gif especially that below-the-equator one...which KILLS me! doa.gif

sunglasses2.gif

Guest imogene_af

Haha your pervi-ness has kicked in real hard nowadays huh?

But you deserve it, cos you're the ultimate Choco-guardian! :P

Share this in Chuno' s thread. I echo each of your dang sentiment.

Anyway, hjkomo.... I don't think I can erm... elaborate my dream either. It was Chuno related and with Dae Gil in his summer clothes.

Guest Jill4675

@hahatk

FYI, the upload was perfect and I'm so happy to be able to rewatch the JH special without any server delays! LOVE IT!

Thanks so much again for uploading it to MU for us! bow3.gif

sunglasses2.gif

Hi hyukers

Good to see you all again.

Thank you for sharing the goodies and hilarious conversations~!

i love the special show prepared for him at 여유마만. I do like to add one more thing to the comments regarding it.

I was impressed by that he cares about his facial line. He considers the facial line as important to deliver facial expressions. That's why he always carries barbels on his car. If he eats Rameon or some snacks at night, he probably does weight lift to maintain the good facial line. He is real pro! There is a reason his close-up shots are always fabulous. Frankly speaking, I sometimes find myself commenting about the 'demolished' (my poor expression..sorry) facial lines of some handsome actors. :unsure:

Guest Jill4675

Hi hyukers

Good to see you all again.

Thank you for sharing the goodies and hilarious conversations~!

i love the special show prepared for him at 여유마만. I do like to add one more thing to the comments regarding it.

I was impressed by that he cares about his facial line. He considers the facial line as important to deliver facial expressions. That's why he always carries barbels on his car. If he eats Rameon or some snacks at night, he probably does weight lift to maintain the good facial line. He is real pro! There is a reason his close-up shots are always fabulous. Frankly speaking, I sometimes find myself commenting about the 'demolished' (my poor expression..sorry) facial lines of some handsome actors. :unsure:

Thanks, wils! He's definitely a perfectionist! laughing.gif

sunglasses2.gif