Guest o-cha

Yessss...we miss him in a drama for sure.

Just wondering.....do you guys think Hyuk will have some facial hair for this drama?

I don't think he's gonna go all full moustache and beard but maybe a la Thank You?

Guest cholo

cholo : you shud stop by Chuno thread soon.....keep me company there...:lol:

Saw some pics of Hyuk at hyuckstar...I'll post if I have time.

yes, i will dear o-cha, will be there..

as for me, will dig deep again for some goodies...

o-cha! cholo! Hope to see all our best Jang Hyuk fans (where is wils lately???) over on Chuno when it begins. Hope LDH is truly cast! ;)

It will be so great to see JH in a drama again!!! :blush:

sunglasses2.gif

jill how are you chingu? and yes, i was hoping to see wils here.

ive read that LDH will be in the cast? excited to see both of them again in small screen after robbers.

Guest imogene_af

Yessss...we miss him in a drama for sure.

Just wondering.....do you guys think Hyuk will have some facial hair for this drama?

I don't think he's gonna go all full moustache and beard but maybe a la Thank You?

I dunno... I thought he'd be dirt poor... so I'd imagine him long hair, dirty, and full beard! :lol:

Jang Hyuk talked about Chuno during an interview with the magazine Dazed and Confused Auguest edition.

A snippet of the interview:

You seemed to have lost a lot of weight.

My weight is the same. Maybe my face is looking a bit haggard?

I heard that you were working out right until before you came to the photo shoot . Could it be because your upcoming taping is for a sageuk?

That’s right. The title is <Chuno>

<Chuno>?

Yes. It’s about pursuing and capturing slaves. My character Lee Dae Gil is a noble turned slave hunter. It is set in the time of King Injo. During that time it is assumed that 600 thousand people were taken to Qing China or poisoned in just three days as their sentence. The destiny of Ming China was in decline and it paved the way for the Qing dynasty. Because of the deterioration of social ranking system there were rumors about the slaves. The slaves formed organization and tried to collapse the yangban (nobility) class. The government troops prevented it from happening. However there are instances where the yang bans lost their lives. The yangban class was dragged into rough life and this is how Lee Dae Gil spent 8 years on the streets and made his name as a chuno-ggun (slave hunter). Now he’s known as a vicious slave hunter.

(Jang Hyuk says his words slowly, putting emphasis on each one. That’s how he talks. Has he always been this eloquent? Even prior to shooting a drama he does his historical research. He listens to the production team, puts it in his heart, reads the scenario, rereads it again, thinks about it and thinks about it again.

Jang Hyuk tells the drama story for about 10 minutes. He tells the turbulent story with a composed and calm voice. It’s regrettable that I can’t show that here. He carries the story of the slave hunter Lee Dae Gil in his heart. I don’t know since when but suddenly I understand .)

Despite the photoshoot today you still worked out. It seemed like there will be a lot of action scenes just based from the plot.

Of course there’s action scenes and I have to ride on a horse too. The director wants natural manly physiques more than anything else. That’s because this drama is a story about regular people. It’s not muscles from working out in a gym but from laboring and fighting.

There's still a lot more interview QA. Hopefully I'll have time soon to post more translation.

Hi, o-cha, wils, cutiepie, erica, cholo, and others! :D Long time, no see...haven't been by here in a while! ;)

Here are a bunch of pics put up by Zoi:

From ZOI's gallery...

sunglasses2.gif

Hi friends~

Long time no see, here too... Many hugs to you guys. I missed you a lot!

Looks like something's changed here on Soompi. It seems to have been given a facelift? B)

Hi everyone ^^

I just wanted to post the link to two YT videos of Jang Hyuk ssi's interview for his experience in Volcano High. His man is amazing. The video shows his passion for his craft. He talks about his past and what he wants for his future. I think the interview was around 2003 or 2004. I wish him luck and success on his new projects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFNWyOJXYbw...re=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LukZlmQGvOs...=response_watch

source: youtube // credit: easterncinema

Thanks lot_lot for sharing the link to Hyuk's interview about Volcano High. This man, as you said, is super amazing. His thoughts on delivering right expressions on screen are so detailed and sophiscated that I can't help nodding my head. He is a great actor! And plus, he looks so cute and gorgeous... :blush: :blush: Simply love him!!!!!!!!!

Yes, i also think this interview was shoot around the time Windstruck was being shot.

found English translations from Hyuk's Japan fan meeting in May.

taken from http://jh5.dtiblog.com/

MC asked if he has been read his fortunes before.

For this question, the interpreter made wrong interpretation and said “I would like to have my fortune read before I get married” and all the fans in the hall said “NO!”

At this moment the interpreter noticed her mistake and said again ,”I was my fortune read when I got married”

MC asked Hyuk the result, and he said, “I was told I will have a happy married life.”

With this answer, fans in the hall applauded, and Hyuk bowed to the fans saying “thank you very much!”

------------------------------------

Hyuk: I have been acting for more than 10years. At first I did not know how to act. Sometimes I went to shootings thinking I should act like this which was not right.

I feared going to shootings. It was hard to go to shootings. (He was talking too long and too fast・・・to catch everything!) At some point I came to think that everything lies in my mind. I noticed that if you think positively, act positively, you can get over hardships!!

Hyuk: Looking for something to challenge lies in your heart.

MC: Can you repeat so that everybody here can remember?

Hyuk: I think it all depend on yourself to decide how to challenge, how to get happiness, how to have hopeful thinking.

Hyuk was so smart in explaining his words!!

Thanks o-cha for posting the fan meeting talks. Wow..Hyuk is a good communicator! Whenever I read his interviews or talks, I feel like learning something important for myself. He makes me think about myself, my past, current, and future. He seems to say to me, are you really enjoying your life??? :P

Fans's reactions to the fortunte talk is so cute! :lol:B) I wish I had a luck to have a coffee with him in the future~ :rolleyes::lol:

Hong Kyung Min, one of Hyuk's dragon friends, recently confessed he feels lonely for not having a girlfriend. At the shooting of MBC's variety show 'Fantasy Couple(?)', he expressed envy for his married friends, that "Cha Tae Hyun and Jang Hyuk keep talking about their wife and son" and "they try to go home early, leaving me alone." B)

http://spn.edaily.co.kr/entertain/newsRead...DirCode=0010201

His most recent photos:

2v98z91.jpg

xqm9vo.jpg

vijg28.jpg

2exc5nd.jpg

Source: his hair stylist's cyworld

I am not quite sure what the shooting is for. Looks like he's taken another magazine photo shooting???

I donnno.... :unsure: Anyway...he is gorgeous.... :lol::lol:

Guest Jill4675

His most recent photos:

I am not quite sure what the shooting is for. Looks like he's taken another magazine photo shooting???

I donnno.... :unsure: Anyway...he is gorgeous.... :lol::lol:

wils! I'm glad you reappeared on this thread after I ran into you on the Daemang thread! [o-cha, she promised to catch up on Chuno and post there... :)] Many thanks for these latest pics!! o-cha, didn't we once volunteer to be hairdressers on a future JH drama? Why haven't they called us?? :lol:

The best news was that Mr. X would be subbing and reviewing Chuno...oh, the pressure!!! :o... but if he deems it worthy of his attention, that's a good sign, right? :P:rolleyes:

sunglasses2.gif

wils : Finally!!!! There you are! We've missed you. You should go over to the Chuno thread. We've all been camping there lol.

My big hug to you! Thanks for the link... I went to the Chuno thread....Oh gosh..it took several hours to read all the postings. :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets: .. I am afraid the thread would explode before the draam is aired...keke...

o-cha, didn't we once volunteer to be hairdressers on a future JH drama? Why haven't they called us?? :lol:

The best news was that Mr. X would be subbing and reviewing Chuno...oh, the pressure!!! :o... but if he deems it worthy of his attention, that's a good sign, right? :P:rolleyes:

sunglasses2.gif

Sadly, they seem no need to hire hairdressers this time.. :(:lol:

It's great Mr. X is participating in the subbing and reviewing. Hopefully he can do justice to Hyuk this time. I read his reviews on Thank You, that were a little bit harsh on my boy. :blink:

Some screencaps from Hyuk's interview for Volcano High:

While shooting Volcano High, he got fainted seven times because of wire actions... :tears:

i6bfy8.jpg

30ljy2x.jpg

2lw0j2g.jpg

zjgdoh.jpg

335ce88.jpg

dneg44.jpg

But he rose and smiled.... :rolleyes:

2rfa83s.jpg

oqhpop.jpg

ri5i4h.jpg

35211dj.jpg

28k0iz8.jpg

i2qa8o.jpg

I think I like the look of Myoung Woo of Windstruck a lot....Looks like he is the one to be cared for....haha...

30nghhi.jpg

dfx0yq.jpg

1exhg6.jpg

21jraqe.jpg

ve7ic4.jpg

2qn7c41.jpg

98bk1u.jpg

awww our young Hyuk-ie..poor guy had to faint 7 times! Hopefully this time it won't be as taxing on him. I think according to the latest Dazed and Confused Interview Hyuk didn't use any stunt double for his action scenes in Chuno.

Jill : Yeaaaaah...why didn't they call us to be hairdressers, shampoo ladies, etc? hehehe...unless Hyuk is just letting his hair go unruly...then maybe they have no need for a hairdresses :lol:

wils : hahahaha..Chuno thread is crazy, huh? We are already sooooo excited over a drama that may not even premiere until January 2010.

ate_ait : welcome to the thread!

BTW guys...what do you honestly think about how Hyuk looks on that one Chuno stills?

chuno1.jpg

Personally for me...when I first saw it I was surprised. I didn't think Dae Gil the slave hunter would be that haggard and dirty looking..hehehe.

Then I started thinking...wow Chuno's going to be intense and awesome! I mean just look at the intense pained look in Hyuk's eyes.

Guest Jill4675

awww our young Hyuk-ie..poor guy had to faint 7 times! Hopefully this time it won't be as taxing on him. I think according to the latest Dazed and Confused Interview Hyuk didn't use any stunt double for his action scenes in Chuno.

Jill : Yeaaaaah...why didn't they call us to be hairdressers, shampoo ladies, etc? hehehe...unless Hyuk is just letting his hair go unruly...then maybe they have no need for a hairdresses :lol:

BTW guys...what do you honestly think about how Hyuk looks on that one Chuno stills?

Personally for me...when I first saw it I was surprised. I didn't think Dae Gil the slave hunter would be that haggard and dirty looking..hehehe.

Then I started thinking...wow Chuno's going to be intense and awesome! I mean just look at the intense pained look in Hyuk's eyes.

lol-049.gif Well, I'm keeping my towels, brushes, and combs handy in case they give us a late call!! It takes talent to create a truly scruffy look! <_<:rolleyes:

As for the pic, I don't think he looks that dirty or haggard! :) I mean, at the time of the Joseon dynasty, just how easy was it to keep clean, especially if you were a slave or a slave hunter??!! ;) One of the problems I have with sageuks is that the people and their clothes are too clean. It's a little too 21st century for me... :lol:

sunglasses2.gif

good point Jill. I think I'm so used to watching kingdom based sageuk..royalty and such where their clothes are grand, colorful and clean..lol