♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

Guest Partners4Life

I think this pics of HJW new movie premeire of Ba:bo

Baboprem.jpg

Pic from Ba:bo

Babo222.jpg

Does anyone have a video clip of the event of her movie premeire of Ba:bo? Thanks.

Credit: Popcornfor2

Guest kdramafanusa

Does anyone have a video clip of the event of her movie premeire of Ba:bo? Thanks.

Partners4Life, thanks for sharing these pics; a lot of stars attended the VIP premiere, I saw Jang Hyuk at the event too.

Let's do some searching for the video clip. =)

Definitely love her hair! She shine in this pic. Elegant. Gorgeous. She looks so good and healthy. Gosh, what's her secret?!

I like her hair that way (or up) too.

I will defintely have fun..because it will be first time there. But I will miss all of you...until then I still have 1 and a half more weeks to come and chat with all of you.

We will miss you here too, have a blast there. =)

I have some pictures of her at previous fashion shows, let me upload them now. Will be back.

Guest Partners4Life

Found these @ the VOV Cosmetics website:

VOV_CastleDew_260208.jpg

VOV_ColourSong_260208.jpg

VOV_MidnightDew_magazine_2708.jpg

VOV_main_bg_01.jpg

VOV_240208.jpg

vovcosmetics.co.kr

^^Second one is my fave <3

Thanks jicks for the pic! HJW looks more and more beautiful each day...looks like she never age...lolz.

k-dramafanusa, yeah, I have been looking for the video clip of that event. Wondering who all went to her movie premeire??

Guest kdramafanusa

* HIGHEST PAID MOVIE STARS *

RANK / STARS / FEE PER FILM (Won)

1. Song Kang-ho, Seol Kyeong-gu -- 500-550 million

2. Lee Byeong-heon, Jang Dong-gun, Bae Yong-joon, Jeong woo-seong -- 500 million

3. Cha Seung-won, Jeong Jun-ho, Hwang Jeong-min, Lee Jeong-jae -- 400-500 million

4. Kwon Sang-woo, Song Seung-heon, Jo Seung-woo, Baek Yoon-shik, Jeong Jae-yeong -- 400+ million

5. Lee Young-ae, Kim Hye-soo, Jeon Do-yeon, Jang Jin-young, Jeon Ji-hyeon, Ha Ji-won -- 400 million

6. Park Hae-il, Shin Ha-gyoon, Jo In-seong, Kim Jeong-eun, Choi Ji-woo, Song Hye-kyo -- 350-400 million

7. Lee Seong-jae, Lee Na-young, Lim Soo-jung -- 300-350 million

highestpaidmoviestars.jpg

Source: ISplus

Guest Partners4Life

Anyone know where can i find the store of VOV Cosmetic in Seoul?

Try goodle search to see if you can find anything there? Are you from Korea?

Guest Partners4Life

2. Lee Byeong-heon, Jang Dong-gun, Bae Yong-joon, Jeong woo-seong -- 500 million

3. Cha Seung-won, Jeong Jun-ho, Hwang Jeong-min, Lee Jeong-jae -- 400-500 million

4. Kwon Sang-woo, Song Seung-heon, Jo Seung-woo, Baek Yoon-shik, Jeong Jae-yeong -- 400+ million

5. Lee Young-ae, Kim Hye-soo, Jeon Do-yeon, Jang Jin-young, Jeon Ji-hyeon, Ha Ji-won -- 400 million

6. Park Hae-il, Shin Ha-gyoon, Jo In-seong, Kim Jeong-eun, Choi Ji-woo, Song Hye-kyo -- 350-400 million

highestpaidmoviestars.jpg

I didn't know that...Thanks for the info, k-dramafanusa. Hmm...according to the currency exchange today 400 million (won) is equivalent to or close to $422,000.00 (US dollars)...that is still alot of $$$...hehe.

^Are these figures what the stars demand for every film or is it what they received for their latest project?

No surprise, the guys dominate the scene. I'm kinda shocked though to see Ha Ji Won beat out Lee Na Young! I always though LNY was ridiculously popular in Korea...

^Are these figures what the stars demand for every film or is it what they received for their latest project?

No surprise, the guys dominate the scene. I'm kinda shocked though to see Ha Ji Won beat out Lee Na Young! I always though LNY was ridiculously popular in Korea...

You're right, Lee Na Young is very popular in Korea right now. In fact, even my Korean students called her as the Most Beautiful Korean Actress. I didn't comment on that basically because I don't know her. When I saw her, I have to agree with my students that she is indeed beautiful... However, I still prefer HA JI-WON, who've been tagged by Korean Entertainment industry as someone who has thousands of faces. She definitely stands out in any moive or drama she's in! Aside from that, she has lots of successful shows (movies and dramas). She is also very popular, especially with the Hwang Jin-i to back up her status. According to Hancinema, she's the 4th most searched Korean actress next to Song Hye-kyo, Choi Ji-woo and Lee Young-ae, in that order. Maybe, those are the reasons why she's one among the highest paid actresses, along with JEON DO-YEON, JEON JI-HYUN and others. In case of Jeon Ji-hyun, her status as being the highest-paid commercial model (I'm not sure if she's still the number one) and her box-office movies contribute to her being one of the highest-paid Korean actresses. As for Jeon Do-yeon, she's not that popular in Korea. She's just been noticed better when she won in Cannes Festival. So, I think, popularity is not proportional to being paid highly.

By the way guys, I know that you already know that Ha Ji-won and Jeon Ji-hyun belong to the same entertainment management (Softland). I wonder if they are close friends...

Guest Partners4Life

jicks, I am thinking probably on their lastest project (not sure when the salary info was dated) as they get popular, get high recognition and awads and become more experience.. I am thinking their wages would have to increase too because their is alot of demand for them. My question is that does the $400 million won comes before or after they split the profit with their manager or management company?? I know the manager or management company get certain amount of percentage of profit base on the star's salary.

Who is Lee Na Young?

Guest kdramafanusa

jicks, I am thinking probably on their lastest project (not sure when the salary info was dated) as they get popular, get high recognition and awads and become more experience.. I am thinking their wages would have to increase too because their is alot of demand for them. My question is that does the $400 million won comes before or after they split the profit with their manager or management company?? I know the manager or management company get certain amount of percentage of profit base on the star's salary.

Who is Lee Na Young?

The Salary Info is from a Korean article dated 2008-02-25, the fee should be before any deduction.

Lee Na Young is a very popular actress (& CF model) in Korea, she's the lead actress of movies "Maundy Thursday / Our Happy Time", "Someone Special", "Please Teach Me English", dramas "Ireland", "Ruler of Your Own World".

LNY thread

How much they generally get for every film. I'm also very surprised that LNY doesn't rank higher.

There's a ranking done by experts on movies stars with the most pulling power (attract audience to movie theatres) in Korea a year or 2 ago, it's based on box office intake of stars' movies. Stars like Song Kang-ho & Seol Kyeong-gu deserve to be #1, they have many movies on the all-time best selling list. That particular ranking is not completely the same as this ranking b/c those who are popular overseas (especially Japan) get paid very high even though their movies flopped at the box office in Korea. Japan is the biggest market for Korea, stars who are big there rank high on this chart.

To be honest, I feel that some names are missing on this chart. I'm most surprised not to see Son Ye-jin; she was already the highest paid TV star in 2006 (50 million Won per episode). Her movies "April Snow" & "A Moment To Remember" are the best selling Korean movies in Japan. "April Snow" flopped in Korea, but it's a huge hit in Japan; that's why BYJ's not even in the Top 20 of Korea's Pulling Power list, but he's still paid very well. SYJ ranks high on Korea's Pulling Power list b/c her followup movie "Art Of Seduction" did well at the box office.

Japan is not only a huge market for Koreans, there are times when Hollywood movies premiere there before the US.

According to Hancinema, she's the 4th most searched Korean actress next to Song Hye-kyo, Choi Ji-woo and Lee Young-ae, in that order. Maybe, those are the reasons why she's one among the highest paid actresses, along with JEON DO-YEON, JEON JI-HYUN and others. In case of Jeon Ji-hyun, her status as being the highest-paid commercial model (I'm not sure if she's still the number one) and her box-office movies contribute to her being one of the highest-paid Korean actresses. As for Jeon Do-yeon, she's not that popular in Korea. She's just been noticed better when she won in Cannes Festival. So, I think, popularity is not proportional to being paid highly.

I'm sorry to disagree. =) Young idols like Gong Yoo & Yoon Eun-hye always rank high on Hancinema's site too.

Stars' salaries are dependent on 2 main factors:

(1) how well their movies perform at box office in Korea (Song Kang-ho & Seol Kyeong-gu rule the chart)

(2) how much their movies can be exported/sold to other countries (this is why Korean Wave stars get paid well even though their movies flop in Korea)

Based on countless news reports, JJH's movies haven't been huge for a while now.

As for Jeon Do-yeon, she has won many acting awards in Korea even before her win at Cannes last year. She & Hwang Jeong-min get paid well b/c their movie "You Are My Sunshine" sold more than 3 million tickets, it's currently the #2 best-selling melodrama of all-time (behind Lee Na-young & Kang Dong-won's "Maundy Thursday").

I'm surprised as well that SYJ is not included in the list. I've seen from an article (I forgot which one) that among the actresses, Ha Ji-won, Son Ye-jin and Kim Ha-neul follow Jeon Do-yeon and Jeon Ji-hyun in terms of being highest paid.

By the way, can you post the Top 20 in Korea's Pulling Power list?

I think the one that I saw in Hancinema is not the current one. But I know that Yoon Eun-hye is the most popular young Korean actress as of now.

Yeah, I also heard that JJH's movies haven't been doing well in the box-office. However, I think her previous status has still something to do to her ranking as one of the highest-paid. As of JDY, I've read from koreanfilm.org that even though she has many box-office hits she is still not that famous. It is true, though, that lots of younger stars look up to her because of her talent.

Guest purpleZ

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd65/Pa..._1/Baboprem.jpg

Credit: Popcornfor2

Just a few days absent, you guys fill in the thread! Happy to see that you guys contribute a lot. Will definitely miss u too, Partners4Life :tears:

Thanks for the pics! Why don't I see the sight of JIS?? :wacko: We definitely must search the net for the clip!

Just a gentle reminder, you probably didin't know, you're not allowed to quote pictures. So what you can do is delete the %7Boption%7D tag and replace it with the url tag.

<a href=" highestpaidmoviestars.jpg" target="_blank"> highestpaidmoviestars.jpg

Source: ISplus://http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/...ml"]ISplus</a>

Thanks for the list, kdramafanusa. Actually I'm quite surprised to see Ha Ji Won got paid as much as Jeon Do Yeon and more paid than Lee Na Young. I always thought Jeon Do Yeon and Lee Na Young are bigger names than HJW. And Lee Na Young is also CF queen.

The Salary Info is from a Korean article dated 2008-02-25, the fee should be before any deduction.

How much they generally get for every film. I'm also very surprised that LNY doesn't rank higher.

There's a ranking done by experts on movies stars with the most pulling power (attract audience to movie theatres) in Korea a year or 2 ago, it's based on box office intake of stars' movies. Stars like Song Kang-ho & Seol Kyeong-gu deserve to be #1, they have many movies on the all-time best selling list. That particular ranking is not completely the same as this ranking b/c those who are popular overseas (especially Japan) get paid very high even though their movies flopped at the box office in Korea. Japan is the biggest market for Korea, stars who are big there rank high on this chart.

To be honest, I feel that some names are missing on this chart. I'm most surprised not to see Son Ye-jin; she was already the highest paid TV star in 2006 (50 million Won per episode). Her movies "April Snow" & "A Moment To Remember" are the best selling Korean movies in Japan. "April Snow" flopped in Korea, but it's a huge hit in Japan; that's why BYJ's not even in the Top 20 of Korea's Pulling Power list, but he's still paid very well. SYJ ranks high on Korea's Pulling Power list b/c her followup movie "Art Of Seduction" did well at the box office.

Japan is not only a huge market for Koreans, there are times when Hollywood movies premiere there before the US.

Stars' salaries are dependent on 2 main factors:

(1) how well their movies perform at box office in Korea (Song Kang-ho & Seol Kyeong-gu rule the chart)

(2) how much their movies can be exported/sold to other countries (this is why Korean Wave stars get paid well even though their movies flop in Korea)

Based on countless news reports, JJH's movies haven't been huge for a while now.

As for Jeon Do-yeon, she has won many acting awards in Korea even before her win at Cannes last year. She & Hwang Jeong-min get paid well b/c their movie "You Are My Sunshine" sold more than 3 million tickets, it's currently the #2 best-selling melodrama of all-time (behind Lee Na-young & Kang Dong-won's "Maundy Thursday").

I'm surprised to see that Maundy Thursday actually beat You Are My Sunshine and it's actually at the 1st palce in the melodrama category of all-time? I've watched both movies and I found You Are My Sunshine much better. Also the Jeon Do Yeon's acting was way too convincing.

I'm gonna come back with more comments. Have to do something now :mellow:

kdramafanusa, the one that I saw in Hancinema was the list of most searched Korean actresses of ALL-TIME (I checked it to make sure). Here are the actresses included in the Top 10 list.

1. Song Hye-kyo

2. Lee Young-ae

3. Choi Ji-woo

4. HA JI-WON

5. Yoon Eun-hye

6. Jeon Ji-hyun

7. Son Ye-jin

8. Lee Eun-ju

9. Kim Tae-hee

10. Kim Ah-jung

Guest kdramafanusa

By the way, can you post the Top 20 in Korea's Pulling Power list?

Article about Pulling Power list, this is the most recent one (the last one in 2005, coming right up), I will post the full list when I get home. =)

---

CHOSUN Nov.17,2006 10:13 KST

Which Korean Stars Have the Greatest Pulling Power?

Who is the actor in Chungmuro today who can mobilize the greatest number of fans? And just how many tickets can be sold on the basis of that actor’s name alone? We asked a group of 12 producers and PR execs that know actors’ commercial value best who in Korea can “open” a movie and ranked the top 20 according to the result. It is the fourth survey of its kind and covers any actor who starred in at least one major film.

053023054287600467.jpg

^ Song Kang-ho, Jang Dong-gun, Cho Seung-woo

886900227816122524.jpg

^ Lee Young-ae, Jeon Do-yeon, Jeon Ji-hyun

Top Stars

Song Kang-ho ranked first on the star power list among all actors and actresses. He is thought to have enough gravity to bring at least 1.28 million to the theaters, beating out last year’s winner Jang Dong-gun (1.15 million). Proving his worth again this year in the lead of “The Host”, Korea’s greatest box office success, Song already landed the top spot in 2003. Of 12 experts that took part in the survey, 10 pointed to Song as the actor with the greatest ability to open a film. He ranked second last year.

Amongst women, perennial favorite Lee Young-ae came first with an estimated opening power of some 900,000 viewers. In the last three surveys, the actress came third. Topping the list despite the fact that she has not appeared in a film since last year’s “Sympathy for Lady Vengeance” is an additional feat. The failure of films starring last year’s no. 1 and 2, Moon Geun-young (“Love Me Not”) and Jeon Ji-hyun (“Daisy”), to live up to audience expectations also played a role in Lee’s rise to the top.

Familiar Faces

Among those trailing the two were a galaxy of stars in their 30s who managed to improve their standing, led by Jeon Do-yeon (second), Uhm Jung-hwa (ninth), Kim Hye-soo (11th) in the women’s category, and Hwang Jung-min (eighth) and Lee Byung-hun (ninth) in the men’s. Of particular note is Kim Hye-soo, unable even to make the top 20 last year following a string of appearances in box office disappointments and overall lack of good luck. She soared to 11th this time around after she landed a part that seemed perfect for her in “War of Flowers.” In a year when competition was especially fierce, their ranking shows the tried and true commercial value of such stars.

Rising Stars

The biggest surprise was Cho In-sung. Not even included on the list last year, his performance in “A Dirty Carnival” brought him recognition as an actor and the fifth spot on the list. Nos. 3 to 5 on the list Cho Seung-woo, Kang Dong-won and Cho In-sung look like the glue that will hold Chungmuro together. Hyun Bin (16th) and Lee Jun-ki (19th) also garnered plaudits for their parts this year. There were no new female stars on the list, but Song Hye-kyo (14th), Choi Kang-hee (19th) and Goh Hyun-jeong (20) were all either in their first film or part of hits that brought them new recognition as actors.

Endangered Species

The two stars whose draw dwindled the most this year were Kwon Sang-woo and Kang Hye-jeong. No. 3 last year, Kwon was not part of any box office successes this year, and found himself amid a swirl of rumors that cost him 10 spots on the list. Rising like a comet last year, Kim Hye-jeong was in the flop “Love Phobia,” which sent her plummeting again from fifth to 18th.

---

Guest kdramafanusa

from 2005

CHOSUN Oct.20,2005 19:25 KST

Jang Dong-gun Voted Korea’s Most Bankable Star

Who is the most popular star in Chungmuro, Korea’s Hollywood? The Chosun Ilbo asked the country’s 12 most influential film producers, who are thought to be the most realistic in evaluating the commercial value of actors and actresses, “How many viewers do you think a movie will attract across the country if it stars a certain actor or actress?” Based on the results, we have listed the most 10 appealing actors and actresses. This is the third survey of its kind after 2002 and 2003.

200510200017_01.jpg

Clockwise from top left, Jang Dong-gun, Song Kang-ho, Kwon Sang-woo, Cha Seung-won, Cho Seung-woo, Kang Hye-jeong, Kim Sun-a, Lee Young-ae, Jun Ji-hyun and Moon Geun-yeong.

Jang Dong-gun and Moon Geun-yeong topped the list, with their pulling power estimated at 1.43 million people and 1.29 million people. Among the men, Jang was followed by Song Kang-ho, Kwon Sang-woo, Cha Seung-won and Cho Seung-woo, and among the women, Moon was followed by Jun Ji-hyun, Lee Young-ae, Kim Sun-a, and Kang Hye-jeong.

Picked by 10 out of 12 producers, Jang is now Korea’s most bankable actor. It seems the result reflects expectations for his movies “The Promise” and “Typhoon” scheduled for release late this year.

Moon, who has become the apple of everyone’s eye since she starred in the movie “My Little Bride” last year, emerged as a dark horse beating all-time favorite Jun Ji-hyun.

Han Suk-kyu, who ranked first in the first survey and 13th in the second, has dropped to 22nd place. Bae Yong-joon fell to a poor 28th place from sixth, showing that while he may be Japan’s favorite son-in-law, he certainly isn’t Korea’s.

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Guest kdramafanusa

Actually I'm quite surprised to see Ha Ji Won got paid as much as Jeon Do Yeon and more paid than Lee Na Young. I always thought Jeon Do Yeon and Lee Na Young are bigger names than HJW. And Lee Na Young is also CF queen.

I'm surprised to see that Maundy Thursday actually beat You Are My Sunshine and it's actually at the 1st palce in the melodrama category of all-time? I've watched both movies and I found You Are My Sunshine much better. Also the Jeon Do Yeon's acting was way too convincing.

I thought about the list, it makes sense now (I'm still puzzled about SYJ though).

I believe HJW is better known outside of Korea than LNY & JDY, she's classified as Korean Wave star. Her most 3 recent dramas did very well, they get sold to other countries too (major factor). Some of her films did good too, should we track down the box office intake of all her movies?

Here are the numbers for Maundy Thursday & You Are My Sunshine.

FILM / TICKETS SOLD / YEAR RELEASED

Our Happy Time (Maundy Thursday) - 3,132,320 (2006)

You Are My Sunshine - 3,051,134 (2005)

KBS World 2006-10-20

"Our Happy Times" Beats Record For Melodramas!

The film "Our Happy Times" (Maundy Thursday), which was released in theatres September 14th, tells the story of love between a young man condemned to die and a young woman who has attempted to commit suicide several times. The film, directed by Song Hye-sung (Failan) is based on a best-selling novel. It has beaten the record number of admissions for melodramas, which was until then 3.1 million viewers. On October 15, the number of admissions reached 3,120,355. Thus, it beat the record holder "You Are My Sunshine", another Korean melodrama which came out in September 2005.

"Our Happy Times" succeeded in attracting viewers of all ages, young women in their twenties enchanted by the principal actor, Gang Dong-won (Duelist), to men in their 40s, interested in the subject of the death penalty raised in the film. It remains to be seen whether it will pass the 5 million admissions mark, as its producer hopes it will.

I posted the full "All-Time Best Selling Korean Movies in Korea" list in the News thread a while ago.

I just reposted it in the Box Office & TV Ratings thread, you can see it on the 2nd page.

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=198078