♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

Guest JoyRock

honours09 said: wow that's a very great newssssss!! Yes the story plot is very interesting..I had watch faith before (the king and the queen sure great), and RIGHT NOW the queen will be played by Jiwonnie...WOAAAAAAHH I'M So excited...hope the story would be great and some romance in it would be nice, perfectly nice...whoever the leading man...as long as Jiwonnie play it..it will be interesting IMO...i love her choice for this strong character  :x

Ha Ji Won to Play the Role of Empress Ki in "Hwatu."

Ha Ji Won

It has been a great year for historical kdramas, especially those that consider the lives of women in Korea's history. "Jang Ok Jung" took a new look at the life of the much-despised concubine and the upcoming "Goddess of Fire," starring Moon Geun Young and Kim Beom, will relate the story of the royal potter Baek Pa Sun.

And now a new drama, "Hwatu," starring Ha Ji Won, will reexamine the colorful story of a real-life historical figure, Empress Ki.

In 50-plus episodes, this saga will tell the story of Lady Ki, who was sent to the Yuan Dynasty as a tribute. Lady Ki was said to be beautiful and so talented in singing, dancing and poetry that she captured the heart of the emperor.

She first became a royal concubine then bore the emperor a son that eventually ruled the Yuan dynasty. Ki was promoted to first imperial consort and helped shape the future of the Yuan Dynasty as well as politics in her own country. She engaged in a lot of political maneuvering and in the end disappeared without a trace, so "Hwatu" is bound to be rich in plots and schemes.

According to the production company, this drama will also focus on her love story.

"The empress' ardent love story, which has never before been told, is beautiful but sad," said a representative of the production company. "Ha Ji Won will bring her unique sensibility and charisma to the role."

Ha Ji Won is most famous for playing stuntwoman Gil Ra Im in "Secret Garden" and was recently seen as the North Korean secret agent Kim Hang Ah in the drama "King 2 Hearts," as well as playing Jin Ok in the film "The Huntresses."

She is a very dedicated actress who spends a lot of time preparing for roles, whether that involves learning martial arts or learning how to ride a motorcycle, so it will be interesting to see what her preparation for this role entails. The actress also recently discussed how seriously she takes her roles and how difficult it can be to leave her characters behind. She admitted that she was so invested in her role in one film, that she needed counseling to process the film's traumatic ending. Hopefully this version of Empress Ki's history will have a hopeful ending.

The rest of the cast has not yet been chosen. The drama is written by Jang Yeong Cheol and Jeong Kyeong Soon I, who worked together on "Giant" and "Salaryman."

Han Heui will direct. He directed "Dr. Jin" and "Over the Rainbow."

Credits: KDramaStars

Since 'Hwatu' revolves around Empress Ki as a central leading character, there will be less emphasis on the male lead. Therefore, I don't think A-list actors will take on the part to only be as a background character in the development of Ha Ji Won's role. Maybe we'll be seeing B-list actors opposite her instead, which probably leaves many talented male A-listers out. I may be wrong, but I feel strongly that the male lead will be someone that we don't expect at all.

I like the plot more and more, so in this drama Ha Ji Won will be an empress, a wife and a mother, she never really acted as a mother and a wife so it will be interesting to see it. Above all she will be an empress and will be important in politcs too! I'm so excited to see Ha Ji Won acting this character, hope the PD won't ruin this epicness ingredients, but i think and hope that if he will do a bad job Ha Ji Won will "raise her voice", i mean she said in one interview that she had the most conflict with Secret director and she said in some other interviews that when she has an idea she will boldly go for it. Hope that there will be actors with experience that will support her! Fighting Jiwon! 

Guest minnie0103

Before we officially welcome Empress Ki soon, I just wanna share a beautiful photo/screencap of the ever-brilliant Hwang Jin Yi. (s: tumblr) :)
tumblr_ltnzsrq2lo1r5xouio1_500.jpg

What's Up With The Noona-Dongsaeng Casting?

Ha Ji Won and Lee Seung Gi

The recent rumors of a relationship between actress Choi Kang Hee and actor Joo Won prompted some thinking about the noona-dongsaeng (older sister-little brother) pairing of actresses and actors. There are a few kdramas, such as "Flower Boy Ramen Shop, " "Still Marry Me," "My Lovely Kim Sam Soon," and "I Do, I Do," that focus on romantic relationships between older women and younger men. But there are also cases where younger actors and older actresses are paired up romantically and are supposed to be the same age.

Quite a few. Think Han Ga In and Kim Soo Hyun in "The Moon Embracing The Sun." She is 31. He is 25. And how about Park Yoo Chun and Han Ji Min in "Rooftop Prince?"  She was 30. He was 26.

The age difference does not usually cause any problems on set.

"When I saw Han Ji Min noona for the first time, I thought how can she be 30 years old," said Park. "She looks great."

She was intimidated.

"When I learned the actor was going to be younger than me, I got agitated," said Han. "But as they are not a noona-dongsaeng couple in the drama, I did not notice the age difference while acting."

Lee Min Ho, 26, has played with a noona actress more than one. Kim Hee Sun was 36 when she played his love interest in "Faith."

When asked if it was easy to summon up on-screen chemistry with his older co-star, he said, "Kim Hee Sun's personality makes you want to protect her. That's why I can't really feel the age difference."

Son Ye Jin, his co-star in "Personal Taste" was five years older and worried about the age difference.

"I worried that I might look like his older sister in the drama, but I was relieved that Min Ho doesn't look young," she said.

In the recent drama, "Level 7 Civil Servant,' Choi Kang Hee was a decade older than her romantic partner Joo Won, but the age difference did not mean anything to him.

"It's amazing how quickly I forgot the 10-year-age gap," said Joo.

The appeal of the noona-dongsaeng relationship in a romantic drama is the potential conflict. Families may not approve of the age difference and it makes for good "it's us against the world" drama.

But the casting of older actresses and younger actors is puzzling. It's something that's almost unheard of in Hollywood. Is the casting choice designed to provoke comment or does it reflect a trend?

Dating older women is something that is becoming more acceptable in Korea. According to a recent poll, 15 percent of Korean brides are older than their husbands, although generally only a few years difference is considered advisable. 

Some people blame singer and actor Lee Seung Gi and his song "Because You're My Woman." The lyrics say, "You think I'm adorable, but noona you are a woman to me. You say 'what do you know?' 'You'll understand when you're older.' You say that I'm acting rashly, but noona you're a woman to me."

Interesting. When Lee Seung Gi romanced Ha Ji Won in 'King 2 Hearts," she was eight years older.

Credits: KDramaStars

pandora460 said: honours09 said: wow that's a very great newssssss!! Yes the story plot is very interesting..I had watch faith before (the king and the queen sure great), and RIGHT NOW the queen will be played by Jiwonnie...WOAAAAAAHH I'M So excited...hope the story would be great and some romance in it would be nice, perfectly nice...whoever the leading man...as long as Jiwonnie play it..it will be interesting IMO...i love her choice for this strong character  :x

Guest moonbathe

Ha Ji Won Gets Leggy for Crocodile Lady

70684802.jpg

Ha Ji Won shows off her Girls’ Generation level legs for casual brand Crocodile Lady’s new Smart Merrill Pants. The actress is modeling colorful skinny pants like that of Girl’s Generation “Gee” fashion, showing off her sleek hourglass figure.
Crocodile Lady’s design team director Jung So Young explained, “The ‘Smart Merrill Pants’ use micro-fiber fabric with excellent ventilation and drying effects, illustrating soft fit and elastic features. Also, applying the full dull method for UV protection is perfect for the spring weather.”
The director added, “This spring’s trend is candy color. We launched this product incorporating this flashy design, allowing for a stylish look even matching with a single white shirt. Also, with such eagerness nowadays, a boxy-styled jumper or tailored jacket would match, creating a cheerful casual look to a sophisticated office look.”
Smart Merrill Pants come in a total of six variety colors such as black, navy, red, gray, and beige, with a price tag of $94.00.
(Source: nate news)
http://blog.dramafever.com/2013/05/ha-ji-won-models-for-crocodile-lady-spring-edition/

Guest moonbathe

@pieracapozucca  hi :) I've been so busy lately. Now I am back :)  I'm so glad to hear that she has a new drama. (but 60 episodes!!!  :-O) Who will play her leading man?? 

@moonbathe the only thing that we know for now is that she is the leading actress, the director is Han Hee (famous to be a bad director :-SS ) and the writers are Jang Young Cheol and Jung Kyung Soon (the writers are really good  =D>  )but still no news about the other cast members.  
I would touch the sky if the director was sombody else  :D 

Guest moonbathe

@pieracapozucca I am reading the articles now. And yes there are many complaints about that director. :/  but I want to be positive because she is active again. :)