Choi Woo Shik 최우식

Guest jaerin07

*** I loved "A Killer Paradox" because it has short EPs. It came with only eight EPs. Nowadays, K-Dramas are getting shorter and shorter, in the number of episodes per series, and it’s all thanks to Netflix. Previously, the total number of episodes per series tended to be 16. Some of Netflix’s biggest K-Dramas — like Kingdom and Squid Game achieved record-breaking viewer ratings at only six to ten episodes. I love this change. I prefer “bite-sized” series that don’t require too much time or effort to watch from start to finish. As far as I can remember, since Netflix began producing their own original K-Dramas, they have NEVER released a K-Drama season with over 12 episodes. I guess these shorter series have been well received. If the plot calls for 16, 20, or even 24 episodes, that’s still fine. What needs to stop is the useless dragging out of episodes.  :emmm:

Watch: “Jinny’s Kitchen 2” Cast Is Surprised By The Appearance Of New Intern Go Min Si In New Teaser

20240624051157_jinnys-kitchen-2-preview.

tvN’s “Jinny’s Kitchen 2” has unveiled a new poster and the first episode preview ahead of its premiere!

“Jinny’s Kitchen 2” is a show that will explore the inner workings of a Korean restaurant led by a dedicated boss and passionate employees.

This time around, the second branch of the restaurant will open its doors in Iceland to greet guests. Boss Lee Seo Jin, along with Jung Yu Mi, Park Seo Joon, Choi Woo Shik, and new staff member Go Min Si, will be on hand to serve up steaming hot gomtang, a traditional Korean beef bone soup, amidst the chilly winds of Iceland. Their aim is to not only warm the cold but also melt the hearts of their customers.

The newly released organization chart outlines each member’s role in the show: Lee Seo Jin as CEO, Park Seo Joon as director, Jung Yu Mi as managing director, Choi Woo Shik as assistant manager, and Go Min Si as the new intern.

jinnys-kitchen-2-2.jpg

In the preview for the first episode, the screen displays the text, “A new intern to fill in for Taehyung (BTS’s V).” Jung Yu Mi springs up with surprise and delight upon seeing the new intern Go Min Si. Park Seo Joon and Choi Woo Shik mirror her reaction, their surprise adding to the overall excitement. Meanwhile, Lee Seo Jin observes calmly as the new intern enters the room. This introduction ignites curiosity and anticipation about how Go Min Si will fit into the team dynamics and chemistry with the rest of the cast.

Watch the preview below!

“Jinny’s Kitchen 2” is set to premiere on June 28 at 8:40 p.m. KST.

credit : soompi news

Big Names Couldn’t Save ‘Wonderland’: Movie Flops Despite Park Bo Gum and Suzy

2024052108250342375_1.jpg

Superstars Park Bo Gum and Suzy couldn’t work their usual magic at the box office. Wonderland quickly fell out of the top 10 box office movies despite a heavy promotional push and is now leaving theaters with less than a million views.

The film, which opened on June 5th, tells a story about reuniting with loved ones through an AI-powered video call service. It marked director Kim Tae Yong’s return to commercial filmmaking after 13 years since Late Autumn. The film made headlines for having a star-studded cast including Tang Wei, Jung Yumi, and Choi Woo Shik alongside Park Bo Gum and Suzy.

However, Wonderland only attracted 617,690 viewers, falling short of the reported break-even point of 2.9 million.

Reviews from moviegoers on the CGV Golden Egg Index were mixed, with some expressing disappointment in the unconvincing story.

After a three-year wait since filming and just 22 days in theaters, Wonderland is headed straight to VOD services on June 27th. This early VOD release suggests the film’s theatrical run underperformed significantly.

This flop highlights a possible shift in Korean cinema, where even big-name actors might not guarantee box office success if the story itself isn’t compelling.

source : https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202406241039506710

We All Need the Summer Vibes: 8 Summertime K-Dramas to Watch

Summer means everyone is outdoors most of the time, but if you want to relax at home yet still immerse yourself in summer vibes, sit back, relax, and enjoy these eight summer-inspired K-dramas for all the summer feels.

7. “Our Beloved Summer”: Enemies to lovers, rivals to lovers, and a whole mishap of miscommunication and misunderstandings. Choi Woong and Guk Yeon Su’s bittersweet romance will have you pulling your hair out, but in a good way, as they slowly try to mend their twisted relationship.

source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2024/06/we-all-need-the-summer-vibes-8-summertime-k-dramas-to-watch

*** The 3rd Blue Dragon Series Awards (BSA) has announced its nominees! Blue Dragon Film Awards—launched Korea’s first award ceremony specifically for streaming platforms. The Blue Dragon Series Awards honors excellence in dramas and variety shows produced by these streaming services. The nominees were selected through online voting that took place from June 10 through 25 as well as evaluations by Sports Chosun entertainment news reporters and industry expert surveys regarding original content that was released from June 1, 2023 to May 31, 2024.  :kaching3:

Check out the nominees below!

Best Drama

• “Mask Girl”
  • “Moving”
  • “A Killer Paradox”
  • LTNS
  • “Daily Dose of Sunshine”

Best Actor

K-drama actors who have worked together in multiple projects

Have you ever watched a drama and adored the main characters so much that you ended up searching the web for more of their clips and videos together? As K-drama fans, one of our biggest wishes is to see our favorite Korean stars in the same shows over and over again especially when we adore them together. 

With such a dedicated fan base, it’s no surprise that some actors eventually reunite in new projects. K-drama characters who displayed wonderful chemistry in previous shows be it as main or side characters often come together again, delighting fans. Sometimes, it’s one actor recommending the other, while other times producers aim to capitalize on popular casting choices. Either way, it’s always a dream come true when our favorite actors reunite on screen. Let’s take a look at the 8 actors who have reunited again in multiple projects.

Choi Woo Shik and Kim Da Mi

The Witch marks Kim Da Mi's debut project, propelling her to stardom. The story revolves around Ja Yoon (played by Kim Da Mi), who has lived with memory loss since escaping alone from a mysterious facility ten years ago. One day, a group of suspicious individuals appears before her. Choi Woo Sik portrays a secretive man from this mysterious group, wielding deadly superhuman powers as he faces off against Kim Da Mi's character.

While their characters had a hostile relationship in The Witch, Kim Da Mi and Choi Woo Sik reunited as former lovers with subtle tension in the refreshing series Our Beloved Summer. The drama captivated young viewers by evoking the warm, heartfelt emotions of first love. In a post-drama interview, Kim Da Mi discussed her chemistry with Choi Woo Sik, expressing interest in potentially portraying a married couple with him in a future project if the opportunity arises.

source : Pinkvilla

3 Reasons To Look Forward To "Jinny's Kitchen 2"

20240627034735_jinnys-kitchen-2-poster.p

tvN’s “Jinny’s Kitchen 2” has revealed key highlights to watch for!

“Jinny’s Kitchen 2” is a show that will explore the inner workings of a Korean restaurant led by a dedicated boss and passionate employees.

This time around, the second branch of the restaurant will open its doors in Iceland to greet guests. Boss Lee Seo Jin, along with Jung Yu Mi, Park Seo Joon, Choi Woo Shik, and new staff member Go Min Si, will be on hand to serve up steaming hot gomtang, a traditional Korean beef bone soup, amidst the chilly winds of Iceland. Their aim is to not only warm the cold but also melt the hearts of their customers.

Before its premiere, tvN’s “Jinny’s Kitchen 2” unveiled three reasons to look forward to the show!

The first Korean traditional restaurant in Iceland

Lee Seo Jin, who developed a love for gomtang a decade ago, fulfills his dream with “Jinny’s Kitchen 2.” Despite Iceland’s harsh climate, he launches Jinny’s Pot, the country’s inaugural Korean restaurant, serving heartfelt gomtang and a variety of Korean dishes tailored to local tastes.

Despite concerns about slow business in Iceland’s cold weather, a surprising number of customers visit, creating an impressive scene. The continuous flow of guests and long waiting lines astonish the staff, who question their ability to manage until closing time. Additionally, there are signs of potentially record-breaking sales for the “Jinny’s Kitchen” series, marking the remarkable success of Iceland’s first Korean restaurant, Jinny’s Pot.

Employees’ promotion and the new well-rounded intern Go Min Si

jinnys-kitchen-2-2_0db132.jpg

This season brings a major shake-up in employee roles thanks to CEO Lee Seo Jin’s bold decisions. In a newly unveiled poster, Jung Yu Mi rises to managing director, Park Seo Joon takes on director duties, and longtime intern Choi Woo Shik scores a rapid promotion to assistant manager, capturing attention. As the saying goes, “the position makes the person,” curiosity is sparked about how these changes will affect them.

Most eagerly anticipated is the arrival of new intern Go Min Si. Known for a diverse background including various part-time jobs and professional experience, Go Min Si impresses with natural social skills, a proactive attitude, dedication to tasks, and efficient work, quickly earning the respect of senior colleagues. The interaction between the golden intern Go Min Si and the existing team promises to heighten viewer enjoyment with their fresh chemistry.

The best management philosophy: “Customer is King”

CEO Lee Seo Jin’s management approach, once focused on “sales are king” in Mexico’s Bacalar, undergoes a complete transformation. In Iceland, Lee Seo Jin operates Jinny’s Pot with a customer-first philosophy, treating guests with utmost respect. Interest is mounting in Lee Seo Jin’s role, where his new management style will be on display.

Adding to the excitement is the rotating head chef system. Jung Yu Mi, Park Seo Joon, and Choi Woo Shik will take turns leading the kitchen, each contributing their unique style to shape the dining experience. Furthermore, the chefs are armed with secret culinary delights to satisfy local palates, sparking even more curiosity.

“Jinny’s Kitchen 2” is set to premiere on June 28 at 8:40 p.m KST. Stay tuned!

The McDonald's menu in Singapore offers a diverse range of options that cater to both local tastes and global preferences. It features classic favorites like the Big Mac, McChicken, and Filet-O-Fish, alongside unique regional items such as the McSpicy and the Samurai Burger, which have become iconic in the local fast-food scene. Additionally, the menu includes a variety of sides, beverages, and desserts, including the popular Seaweed Shaker Fries and the refreshing Milo Dinosaur. With seasonal offerings and limited-time promotions, McDonald's Singapore continually innovates to keep the menu exciting and relevant for its customers.

*** The production team for tvN’s new variety show Jinny’s Kitchen held a production presentation this morning. The event was attended by producer Na Young Seok, Lee Seo Jin, Jung Yumi, Park Seo Joon, Choi Woo Shik and Go Min Si. During the presscon, Producer Na Young Seok revealed why he asked Go Min Si to join the new season. He explained, “There was one intern position available. We thought a lot about who to fill it with and searched among rising young actors. Min Si is a great actress who is building her career thoughtfully. We found out that she had done various jobs before acting, including working in a company. Although the restaurant may not seem like much to others, it has a very tight organization. We wanted someone who could adapt and show their abilities, so we decided to invite Min Si to join us. She happily agreed, and we started working together.” Go Min Si shared her thoughts, saying, “At first, I wondered, ‘Why me?’ I was so surprised. After a meeting and some discussion, I said, ‘Thank you so much. I’d love to do it.’ I’m really nervous and excited. I’m honored to have this precious experience. I worked with sincerity, wanting to help as the youngest intern and be a good assistant. From the first meeting with the producer to learning how to cook to going to Iceland, there were so many amazing moments that it still feels unreal. I also saw the video message that V left for me, and I hope he will watch over me. I also look forward to meeting him soon.” Lee Seo Jin praised Go Min Si, saying, “Min Si has excelled as the best intern. I think she could easily run a food truck on her own and even do well running her own restaurant with Woo Shik.”  Park Seo Joon is back for another season of Jinny’s Kitchen and is ready to take on any cooking challenge that comes his way. When asked about his competitors, Park Seo Joon jokingly said, “We’re all complete amateurs. But if we’re talking about competitors, I think it’s my younger self from the previous season.” Park Seo Joon explained that the physical demands of the show were much tougher this time around, making him realize that he’s not as young as he used to be. “The next season will be in 1-2 years,” he said, “and this time I definitely felt the physical grind. I used to be fine the next day, but this time I wondered why it was so hard. So I think my younger self is my competitor.”  Jinny’s Kitchen 2 will premiere on June 28th at 8:40 PM. KST.    :heart2:

AKR20240628067900005_04_i_P4.jpg

2024062801002183300299971.jpg

source : https://m.sports.chosun.com/entertainment/2024-06-28/202406280100218330029997

*** I'm glad that 'A Killer Paradox'  was nominated at the 3rd Blue Dragon Series Awards. Choi Woo Shik has also been nominated in the Best Actor category. All nominees were selected through a first round of voting, evaluation by Korean media outlet Sports Chosun entertainment reporters, and a survey of expert groups.  :heart4:

bluedragonseries2_6aa58da869.jpg

Best Drama

BSA_Best_Drama_b747d4d43d.jpg

Best Actor

BSA_bestactor_157accaeb1.jpg

TvN 'Jinny's Kitchen 2' returns with ambitious intern Go Min-si replacing V

66fda373-d628-42bd-b806-1bf200d141b4.jpg

By Lee Gyu-lee

TvN’s reality show “Jinny’s Kitchen” is back for a second season, welcoming new cast member Go Min-si to replace the vacant intern position that V left after starting his mandatory military service.

2472adb2-a5d1-4ca4-8eb7-e03d568bff66.jpg

Star producer Na Young-seok's reality show "Jinny's Kitchen," a spin-off from his 2017 show, "Youn's Kitchen” starring Oscar-winning actress Youn Yuh-jung, follows a group of celebrities running a Korean restaurant abroad.

Led by actor Lee Seo-jin as the owner of the restaurant, the first season showed actors Jung Yu-mi, as the executive, Park Seo-joon, as the kitchen’s head, and two interns Choi Woo-shik and V running a Korean street food shop in a small town of Bacalar in Mexico.

The second season, which premieres Friday, will invite the members, except for V, and the new intern, Go, to Reykjavik, the capital city of Iceland, to open the city’s first Korean restaurant, specializing in "gomtang" (beef bone broth soup).

The producer said he eyed Go as the newest cast member after learning about her previous work experience before becoming an actor.

“Since there’s an opening for an intern, I wanted to hire an up-and-coming young talent. Go is a great actor, but I learned she also worked as a wedding planner before making her debut. I heard she was the fastest to get a promotion, so I thought she would be a great addition to our company,” Na said during an online press conference for the show, on Friday.

“If V brought fun, wit, and showed things young professionals struggle with as they start their careers to our show, Go has shown different qualities as an intern. She showed a desire to be recognized and to achieve success in the company … We hope you enjoy the natural chemistry that arises from this dynamic.”

Go said working on the show has been a surreal experience.

“When I got the offer, I asked, ‘Why me?’ It was truly an honor to have the opportunity for such a rare experience,” she said.

“I approached it with complete sincerity. As the youngest intern, I wanted to provide a lot of support, so I did my best. From working in Iceland to returning to Korea, there were so many amazing moments. It was an unbelievable experience.”

214f9a27-9ae6-46b0-a6db-934ff81cc135.jpg

Na, who has worked with Lee on several shows, including “Three Meals a Day” (2014), said this season’s menu holds special meaning for him.

“Last season, selling street food in tropical Mexico, the crew and I talked about selling Korean-style soup in a cold country … So we searched colder countries and learned there’s no restaurant run by Koreans in Iceland. As our intention is to promote Korean cuisine abroad, we decided to open the first Korean restaurant in the capital of Iceland to serve hot soups,” he said.

“Since ‘Three Meals a Day,’ Lee liked (making) soup. You just need to boil them so it’s not hard to cook … He has a strong love for gomtang. Given that ‘Jinny’s Kitchen’ is a show named after him, we decided to choose this dish on the menu to help make his dream come true.”

Lee explained the new season will have a new system that will decide the chef each day.

“There will be other Korean dishes too. We’ve implemented a ‘Chef of the Day" system, so the members take turns running the kitchen. Since each person has their own special dish, the menu changes daily,” he said, adding he became more ambitious as he ran the restaurant.

“Initially, I didn't expect much profit and just aimed to focus on hosting the few customers well. But as so many customers came, and we reached all-time high earnings, I started to get a bit greedy. Eventually, all I could focus on was how much revenue we were making.”

“Jinny’s Kitchen 2” airs Fridays at 8:40 p.m. and is available for streaming on Tving.

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2024/06/688_377681.html

Lee Seo Jin, Jung Yu Mi, Park Seo Joon, Choi Woo Shik, And Go Min Si Are All In For "Jinny's Kitchen 2" In New Posters

20240701085158_jinnys-kitchen-2-cast.jpg

tvN’s “Jinny’s Kitchen 2” has dropped new individual posters featuring the charms of each cast member!

“Jinny’s Kitchen 2” is a show that explores the inner workings of a Korean restaurant led by a dedicated boss and passionate employees. This time around, the second branch of the restaurant has opened its doors in cold and windy Iceland with the aim of not only warming the cold but also melting the hearts of their customers.

The newly released posters capture the confident smiles of each of the five cast members including boss Lee Seo Jin, managing directors Jung Yu Mi and Park Seo Joon, Choi Woo Shik, who recently got promoted to assistant manager, as well as new intern Go Min Si.

jinnys-kitchen-2-05.jpg

Hide contents

jinnys-kitchen-2-04.jpg

jinnys-kitchen-2-03.jpg

jinnys-kitchen-2-02.jpg

jinnys-kitchen-2-01.jpg

“Jinny’s Kitchen 2” airs every Friday at 8:40 p.m. KST.

*** On June 29, Japanese media outlet Model Press announced the top 10 Korean dramas that were most loved in Japan in the first half of this year. The survey was conducted from May 17 to May 29, with a total of 7,826 responses, 89.5% of which were from women.  The Netflix series “A Killer Paradox”  took 4th place.    :doggie:

source : https://www.starnewskorea.com/stview.php?no=2024070111111919939&MTIS

*** Choi Woo Shik received a heartfelt support truck from Tang Wei and took to Instagram to thank her. Choi Woo Shik is currently filming for his upcoming new drama, Melo Movie.  They worked together on the newly released movie Wonderland. On July 4, 2024, Choi Woo Shik took to Instagram to upload a story on his personal profile. In the post, he tagged her with the text “TANG??? Thank You!!!”. In the image, a support truck can be seen with huge posters of Choi Woo Shik stuck all over it. The automobile offers coffee and food to all cast and crew members working on the set of the drama. So NICE to see that the two have grown closer while working on Wonderland. The new friendship is adorable, and I hope for them both to be on-screen together again in the near future.   :hooray2:

370954087_choi-woo-shik-tang-wei.jpg

1720079327_choi-woo-shik-story.jpg

*** Recently, NME, a prominent British pop culture magazine, released “The 10 best K-dramas of 2024 – so far”. NME noted, “The K-drama world in 2024 has been filled with thrills and romance aplenty – and we’re only halfway through the year.” NME included the Netflix “A Killer Paradox”.   :selfie:

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20240703112904221

*** According to Nielsen Korea, the July 5 broadcast of Jinny's Kitchen 2' recorded an average nationwide rating of 8.1%, as well as an average citywide rating of 8.4%. This is a 1.2% increase from last week's episode, which recorded an average rating of 6.9%. On this episode, the 'Jinny's Kitchen 2' became flooded with a total of 55 customers (16 teams) on their opening day. During the dinner rush, Choi Woo Sik and Go Min Si worked in unison to ensure that dishes ordered by one table would be served together, rather than separately like during lunch. Seeing Choi Woo Sik struggling is so funny. Later, after serving all meals for the evening, Choi Woo Sik spotted Go Min Si prepping more kkakdugi for the next day, and commented, "Min Si, did you even drink a sip of water today?". Hearing this, Go Min Si replied, "I didn't drink any because I was afraid it might make me go to the restroom."  - hahaha - Chef Jung Yoo Mi will be taking over as the main chef of the day on next week's episode. This season is off to a great start!   :kitty:

1720242194-01.jpg

photos source : allkpop

*** In the episode of Jinny’s Kitchen 2 aired on July 5th, Go Min Si’s tireless effort left Choi Woo Shik amazed by her enthusiasm. Choi Woo Shik showed his admiration. During the second episode of Jinny’s Kitchen 2, the dining area was staffed by Jung Yu Mi, Park Seo Joon, and Lee Seo Jin, while the kitchen duties were left to Go Min Si and Choi Woo Shik.   :heart3:

0000973809_002_20240708094017284.jpg?typ

photos source : https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/article/144/0000973809

*** So far, 2024 has been an enjoyable year for K-drama fans. The stunning visuals, captivating storylines, unforgettable characters, and cinematic brilliance continue to enchant audiences across the globe. From romances and intense thrillers to murder mysteries, it's been nothing short of utmost entertainment for every K-drama lover this year. One of the Korean dramas that has won my heart is "A Killer Paradox".  You still can watch this drama on Netflix.   :Ohboy3:

photo1848719.jpg